Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,869 members, 7,813,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4612) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11634320 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4609) (4610) (4611) (4612) (4613) (4614) (4615) ... (16139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:28pm On Aug 28, 2018
Icon4s:

No wahala bro. No shaking.

We actually make do with what we have whether Chinese, Bundesliga 2, Portuguese 2 or Championship.

Na wetin we get we go use.

Fact
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Petrobros: 10:31pm On Aug 28, 2018
Chrismario:

Chinese league get only 9 contingent, Championship get more than that

O pari

Andrew444, I don advice you to go sleep. You still dey here dey argue with masters of statistics and records.

OK. continue dey embarrass ya sef. lol.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:33pm On Aug 28, 2018
Petrobros:

O pari

Andrew444, I don advice you to go sleep. You still dey here dey argue with masters of statistics and records.

Smiles

Stop consoling your self okay

Fine food eat too much of Igbo without food no good
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:34pm On Aug 28, 2018
Petrobros:

O pari

Smiles

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:35pm On Aug 28, 2018
andrew444:

Smiles
O boy which comedy you and petrobros dey act sef.
I don laff too much today already o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:36pm On Aug 28, 2018
andrew444:

Fact
Yeah.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:37pm On Aug 28, 2018
Icon4s:

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 28, 2018
Icon4s:

Dey have plenty strength ah swear
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:07pm On Aug 28, 2018
safarigirl:
stop speaking English here and painting English boys to be some decent human beings

If it is egunje Balogun and Ekong paid, ask them to show your boys road. If Aina, Idowu and Ebuehi used connections to get in the team, let them ask them who assisted.

Nigeria does not need the services of your English boys as much as they need Nigeria
.The Super Eagles was not created to absorb England rejects.

This tale you are weaving that English players don't have a bone of corruption in them is laughable. [/b]The end justifies the means, if your boys want to represent Nigeria let them do what others are doing.

Where do I start.

What's the structured methodology that should be based on objective standards used to measures competency. Which should always be about consistent continous top class outstanding performances in your club and league.

[b] " As a man thinketh so he is"

People like you, are the reason, why Nigerian governance is in the corrupted dysfunctional state it is in. You are the disappointment that creates the Nigeria problem in all if it's ramifications.

You accept corruption, you feed corruption, you justify corruption and then you ENTHRONE IT.

People like you are the reason progression in the context of good governance has eluded this nation for so long. And unfortunately continues to elude us.

Shockingly you probably think of yourself as a progressive youth.

Then you add crass ignorance to your nonsensical proposition. Saying "you paint English boys to be decent human beings".

Firstly, we are talking about Nigerians in the UK not English people.

Ademola Lookman, Tega Abrahams, Tega Onomah, Ovie Ejaria, Seyi Ojo, have very promising football careers. Those careers are not under pinned by selection to the SE.

They are not English rejects but very promising young footballers on the verge of top class careers in football.

They do not need call up to the SE to bolster thier careers. The desire to play for Nigeria is out of the love of thier Fatherland. However, that's not an excuse for abuse and corrupt manipulation in the name of Egunje.

For These English Nigerian origin players who are not hungry and desperate. They are all young multi millionaires and not in naira. They simply do not ascribe to corruption or the abuse of of due process for self interest. It's Totally alien to them.

Just like it is too me.

On the contrary you therefore select players who are failing in place of those who are succeeding.

If you are the future then Nigeria has already FAILED.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by newlife55: 11:25pm On Aug 28, 2018
OK

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:55pm On Aug 28, 2018
Etebo is finally starting to show his quality in the championship. Outstanding in the last 2 games.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:52am On Aug 29, 2018
newlife55:
Good evening Sir Icon7s Icon4s Thesupernerd and all the Bosses in this hallowed house. Please I have been an ardent member of this thread, following proceedings and contributing when necessary. I must commend all your efforts in creating a new vision for Nigeria football. I pray God will bless you in your different areas of endeavors. Please, I need assistance and that is why I had to open a new account cos I feel deeply ashamed to use my main moniker which most of you know. I am currently running my MSc and I have a little financial issue I need to sort out before September 12. Please I will appreciate any form of assistance from the house and I am willing to tender evidence to my claim if there's a reason to doubt me. Please I do not know how else to explain but if I get a token, it will go a long mile in solving a lot of issues. Thanks and God bless you all as you reach out.

U need help and u are ashamed to come out real? How do we know dis aint scam?

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:10am On Aug 29, 2018

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:12am On Aug 29, 2018
newlife55:
Good evening Sir Icon7s Icon4s Thesupernerd and all the Bosses in this hallowed house. Please I have been an ardent member of this thread, following proceedings and contributing when necessary. I must commend all your efforts in creating a new vision for Nigeria football. I pray God will bless you in your different areas of endeavors. Please, I need assistance and that is why I had to open a new account cos I feel deeply ashamed to use my main moniker which most of you know. I am currently running my MSc and I have a little financial issue I need to sort out before September 12. Please I will appreciate any form of assistance from the house and I am willing to tender evidence to my claim if there's a reason to doubt me. Please I do not know how else to explain but if I get a token, it will go a long mile in solving a lot of issues. Thanks and God bless you all as you reach out.

You will probably get more assistance if you use your normal moniker. Too many scams out there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:22am On Aug 29, 2018
tbaba1234:

You will probably get more assistance if you use your normal moniker. Too many scams out there.

Exactly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by newlife55: 1:47am On Aug 29, 2018
Hahaha. Funny reactions everywhere
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by newlife55: 1:52am On Aug 29, 2018
komekn:

Exactly
exactly too

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 6:00am On Aug 29, 2018
safarigirl:
wow, all European players?

So, you don't know any African player that started improving at 29?

You still don't even have up to 10 names and there have been hundreds of thousands of players over the

Let me just stay here and be laughing at you people and your jokes grin grin

Anthony Modeste

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:27am On Aug 29, 2018
tbaba1234:
Etebo is finally starting to show his quality in the championship. Outstanding in the last 2 games.

Yes, he is settling down gradually and his quality is beginning to show..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:40am On Aug 29, 2018
gamaliel9:

Yes, he is settling down gradually and his quality is beginning to show..

My predictions and expectations.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:10am On Aug 29, 2018
Chrismario:

Lakosa was given the chance as fans are calling for his provisional inclusion to know what he can do in camp. Not a good reason anyway.

Kayode has been doing good after racial discrimination from his coach at Girona. Dude been banging goals since he moved to Shaktar Donesk, a club that beat Almighty man city in UCL. Don't forget that he has won 4 consecutive MTM this season in 7th best league in Europe. I wonder why Rohr invited a lowly rated Serie B player in place of tested professional that disgraced Roma in Europa league.

Seed of corruption we are.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:13am On Aug 29, 2018
safarigirl:
tell your boyfriend to stop shoving English trash in our faces.

Who are you in this country to call fellow Nigerians trash?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:28am On Aug 29, 2018
newlife55:

Firstly, I may be wrong though but, you don't sound like a person we know here.

But then let me just assume you are one of us here. I will tell you that you will be amazed at the extent to which you will get positive responses if you use the moniker we know here.

We understand the peculiarities in our individual lives here. We know a lot of us here are students, some even unemployed or underemployed. So why will it be a thing of shame to you? Even if you use your real moniker this is a faceless forum and we may never ever meet in person. So what's the big deal?
And if you fear that people that know you will identify through your DP then remove it!

Tbaba1234 and komekn have told you the gospel truth.

We are like a family here. And as I said before you will be amazed at the positive responses you will get if we know which moniker you really are.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:33am On Aug 29, 2018
fabyom:
Dispute my claim with facts only

Sone Aluko played more than one or two games in the EPL for two straight seasons and 5 straight seasons in the Scotich league. So you lied.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:03am On Aug 29, 2018
Chrismario:

Lakosa was given the chance as fans are calling for his provisional inclusion to know what he can do in camp. Not a good reason anyway.

Kayode has been doing good after racial discrimination from his coach at Girona. Dude been banging goals since he moved to Shaktar Donesk, a club that beat Almighty man city in UCL. Don't forget that he has won 4 consecutive MTM this season in 7th best league in Europe. I wonder why Rohr invited a lowly rated Serie B player in place of tested professional that disgraced Roma in Europa league.

As Falz says "This is Nigeria" We do not have a clear cut structured methodology based on some score card competency assessment for player selection.

Instead we adopt a system based on subjective personal judgement by individuals in the NFF with hidden agendas. What therefore do you Expect

In the context of Nigeria that simply means room for sharp practices.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 29, 2018
forgiveness:

Seed of corruption we are.

I dae tell you bro, even Ajagun is still doing his thing but we chose untested school boys
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 29, 2018
komekn:

As Falz says "This is Nigeria" We do not have a clear cut structured methodology based on some score card competency assessment for player selection.

Instead we adopt a system based on subjective personal judgement by individuals in the NFF with hidden agendas. What therefore do you Expect

In the context of Nigeria that simply means room for sharp practices.

Just like Sone Aluko being abandoned because he refused to settle top NFF officials and some technical crew

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:34am On Aug 29, 2018
komekn:

Where do I start.

What's the structured methodology that should be based on objective standards used to measures competency. Which should always be about consistent continous top class outstanding performances in your club and league.

" As a man thinketh so he is"

People like you, are the reason, why Nigerian governance is in the corrupted dysfunctional state it is in. You are the disappointment that creates the Nigeria problem in all if it's ramifications.

You accept corruption, you feed corruption, you justify corruption and then you ENTHRONE IT.

People like you are the reason progression in the context of good governance has eluded this nation for so long. And unfortunately continues to elude us.

Then you add crass ignorance to your nonsensical proposition. Saying "you paint English boys to be decent human beings".

Ademola Lookman, Tega Abrahams, Tega Onomah, Ovie Ejaria, Seyi Ojo, have very promising football careers. Those careers are not under pinned by selection to the SE.

They are not English rejects but very promising young footballers on the verge of top class careers in football.

They do not need call up to the SE to bolster thier careers. The desire to play for Nigeria is out of the love of thier Fatherland. However, that's not an excuse for abuse and corrupt manipulation in the name of Egunje.

For These English Nigerian origin players who are not hungry and desperate. They are all young multi millionaires and not in naira. They simply do not ascribe to corruption or the abuse of of due process for self interest. It's Totally alien to them.

Just like it is too me.

On the contrary you therefore select players who are failing in place of those who are succeeding.

People here drink sin like pure water. Before this time, many rejected the idea of bringing players from second division and even told us that certain players merited call up based on the pedigree of the league they play but as usual the two faced double standard fellows didn't disappoint.

Imagine, one saying these are all players we have and we should make do with them hence a player struggling in Portuguese second division and a player who just finished playing in 3 Bundesliga player(though now in 2 division) should be chosen ahead of players in Championship, Belgium pro league etc.

Is it not here these fellows said that players in the Championship should make the EPL first before they are considered for the national teamteam? They even called the segunda division that is miles better than the Portuguese second division lowly league and asked if these players are good enough why are they in lowly second division?

I no longer take these fellows seriously.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:15pm On Aug 29, 2018
forgiveness:

Who are you in this country to call fellow Nigerians trash?
who are you in this country to ask me foolish questions?

You and your boyfriend should stop shoving English TRASH in our faces

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:24pm On Aug 29, 2018
komekn:

Where do I start.

" As a man thinketh so he is"

Just like it is too me.

Nigeria has failed because people like you prefer to sit down in another man's land and write long epistles on the internet from there

Nigeria has failed because people like you pass blames and make accusations, but never bring solutions

Nigeria has failed because people like you believe that Nigeria can only be helped by Nigerians in Nigeria

Nigeria has failed because the same people like you come back here and judge the rest of us with your sanctimonious attitude

Nigeria has failed because you and your ilk are all talk and zero action

Komekn, what have you and your boyfriend done to make Nigeria better? What have you done to erase corruption from this country?

Aside sit down and wail about the rot, have you bothered to leave the comfort of your England to come down to Nigeria and help to remove the rot?

Ask around and you will see many Nigerians who have risked their lives because they are trying to erase the rot, your accusations are an insult to these people

You cannot be sitting down in England and talking about how Nigeria has failed when you have done NOTHING but complain.

I am not the future of Nigeria, one day I will be just like you. I will get a visa, leave this country and comfortably complain about the rot in Nigeria from abroad.

Your generation failed Nigeria and that is why Nigeria has become ruined. Nigeria is already failed because of you and your generation. Don't come here and talk as if there is still a country to be salvaged.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:30pm On Aug 29, 2018
Anyone who ran away from this country rather than helped and now thinks they have a right to complain about this rot, you are the biggest hypocrite there is.

If you want to judge anybody, try and walk in their shoes first. You cannot be wailing from the comfort of England and think you can judge the people suffering the rot in Nigeria.

You are a shameless coward.

If Nigeria implodes, you can always run back to England, while the rest of us suffer in Nigeria. Komekn, you are not fit to say a word to me about anything.

You are a coward who can only beat his chest on a faceless forum. The day someone breaks your head because you dared to challenge the norm, then you can open your cowardly mouth and talk. The day someone threatens your family because you wanted to do the right thing, then you can open your mouth and talk

Until then, you will continue to be a coward and a hypocrite and any Nigerian in Nigeria taking you seriously, is a mugu.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:47pm On Aug 29, 2018
forgiveness:

People here drink sin like pure water. Before this time, many rejected the idea of bringing players from second division and even told certain players merited call up based on the pedigree of the league they player but as usual the two faced double standard fellows didn't disappoint.

Imagine, one saying these are all players we have and we should make do with them hence a player struggling in Portuguese second division and a player who just finished playing in 3 Bundesliga player(though now in 2 division) should be chosen ahead of players in Championship, Belgium pro league etc.

Is it not here these fellows said that players in the Championship should make the EPL first before they make the national team. The even called the segunda division that is miles better than the Portuguese second division lowly league.

I no longer take these fellows seriously.

Agree with you on this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4609) (4610) (4611) (4612) (4613) (4614) (4615) ... (16139) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Elnino9(m), maidaboi(m), opes and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 3
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.