Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4615) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11781741 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4612) (4613) (4614) (4615) (4616) (4617) (4618) ... (16194) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:14pm On Aug 29, 2018
Icon4s:
Em BascoVanVeli, you heard about the letter to the NPFL from CAF about the reduction in slot for continental representatives to one each for Champions league and Confed cup?

So what do you have to say about that?

I take it that you were listening to the commentary because that is old news.

I personally don't like it at all but it is what it is we have underachieved in the continent lately. I have my reasons why but like I said it is what it is.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:16pm On Aug 29, 2018
bennie1980:
. Why is Rohr has not invited this guy?

Its just YouTube highlights bro. Even I will look good on YouTube.

Let's not be too hasty
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:16pm On Aug 29, 2018
Icon4s:

I like this strength, skills and composure of the Enyimba defenders.

My eyes have also been on Ukouwem Utin.

Mfon Udoh is our best attacking threat thus far.

I know the much needed goal will surely come this second half.

I think they demand too much strength. They are basically playing 4 strikers up front and that limits creativity.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:22pm On Aug 29, 2018
Who dey watch emyimba match? Abeg give us minute by minute blow pls. And if necessary for pidgin english
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 29, 2018
bennie1980:
. Why is Rohr has not invited this guy?

I clamoured and campaigned for DESSERS prior to the world cup. Dem say na agent I be. Dressers would have converted 2 out 3 chances Ighalo missed. Now the narration is we should stick with Ighalo as we don't have any striker doing the business currently. DESSERS has not hit the ground running yet this season, but he should get a look in at least.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:24pm On Aug 29, 2018
But the guy is good right?

darkelf:

Its just YouTube highlights bro. Even I will look good on YouTube.
Let's not be too hasty
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 6:25pm On Aug 29, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

It got me thinking, these guys go straight to France and ball but their clubs always get peanuts no matter what the level of their talent is. I mean it helps the national team in the long run but the local clubs will always remain broke.

Asec Mimosa wanted to change that route but in the long run...they ran down...the French have a strong grippe on Francophone countries...some of these clubs..do not be surprised...are given jerseys,balls,and other training paraphenalia...they will be so happy...some transfers are done in local currency....1000euro is about 550,000CFA...when you give a club 5000euro...thats huge to them....because most players are paid 30,000CFA[11,000 a month]....i have lived in certain francophone countries....very lazy i tell you and the French love it...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2018
Icon4s:

Firstly, I may be wrong though but, you don't sound like a person we know here.

But then let me just assume you are one of us here. I will tell you that you will be amazed at the extent to which you will get positive responses if you use the moniker we know here.

We understand the peculiarities in our individual lives here. We know a lot of us here are students, some even unemployed or underemployed. So why will it be a thing of shame to you? Even if you use your real moniker this is a faceless forum and we may never ever meet in person. So what's the big deal?
And if you fear that people that know you will identify through your DP then remove it!

Tbaba1234 and komekn have told you the gospel truth.

We are like a family here. And as I said before you will be amazed at the positive responses you will get if we know which moniker you really are.

Egbon, I understand your reservations as well as the opinions of others.

But the guy might not be comfortable using his real moniker to solicit for financial help because people may start viewing him differently.

Probably, his opinions/his person may not be respected anymore and when tempers flare as they always do on this thread, someone may just decide to go below the belt and refer to his financial predicament. Trust me, it would most likely happen.

My 2 cents

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 6:29pm On Aug 29, 2018
Truidstar:

I clamoured and campaigned for DESSERS prior to the world cup. Dem say na agent I be. Dressers would have converted 2 out 3 chances Ighalo missed. Now the narration is we should stick with Ighalo as we don't have any striker doing the business currently. DESSERS has not hit the ground running yet this season, but he should get a look in at least.

The guy is good...he has eye for goal and deadly inside 18 metre...I wonder how they spotted someone playing in Bundesliga 2 and cannot see this one in Division one? is it Belgium or Netherland sef? Let us be sincere gentlemen...even if no one went there physically to monitor him....at least he is on tele
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:31pm On Aug 29, 2018
Mfon Udoh is the bane of this Enyimba side. Anaemena has been good sha

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:33pm On Aug 29, 2018
do4luv14:
But the guy is good right?

Omo, I can't really tell oo.

From experience, is live to see him in at least five world class games to judge (not Naija vs Seychelles)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:35pm On Aug 29, 2018
AIG07:
Me patiently waiting for September 8.

Bros, you go watch that match so?

Mehn, I'd rather wait for the South Africa game instead
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:37pm On Aug 29, 2018
darkelf:

Bros, you go watch that match so?

Mehn, I'd rather wait for the South Africa game instead
You better watch the match o. Make you no talk later say anybody dey exaggerate about any player.

It is also a qualifier, it is not a friendly, make una no dey underrate Seychelles

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:38pm On Aug 29, 2018
Paul Aigbogun is a criminal for parading Alalade as an U20 player. D boy is not just over age but he is crap. Such a palmwine tapper masquerading as a player.

Omofoma (the sub with white sprayed hair) should be playing in Europe. Such a skillful, tricky winger. I wonder why he didn't start.

Ikouwem also hasn't done badly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:41pm On Aug 29, 2018
safarigirl:
You better watch the match o. Make you no talk later say anybody dey exaggerate about any player.

It is also a qualifier, it is not a friendly, make una no dey underrate Seychelles

Its not as if I'm underrating Seychelles. I'm more worried about us walloping them by like....4 goals and then we overrate our players. I want our guys on their toes at all tomes and seek to do better at the main tournament. At least, let's try to qualify, then win the nations cup and then correct our WC errors in the confederation cup. Chaii....I don think far sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:43pm On Aug 29, 2018
komekn:

Firstly, I never got a visa. I was born in the UK my Father who was an academic and Military officer in the UK brought me back at the age of 11 to do high school in Warri, Nigeria.

Quite a few years ago, my Father invited me to do an internship at the accounts department at a higher tertiary institution in Nigeria.

Cut a long story short, there was massive wide spread and reckless corruption and misappropriation. I challenges every situation irrespective of who was involved and exposed multiple frauds. At the end of a few months almost all the staff were sacked. Leaving me and the Chief accountant who joined secret cult.

It was terrible they even Slaughtered a goat in the midnight for satanic rituals. I took my leave after that.

I still get involved in Nigeria but rarely, the depths of corruption makes it very difficult for me to be fully involved.

People like you can not have people like me involved in Nigeria. Because you are part of the problem. You accept, agree, birth and promote corruption.
The day I ever do a corrupt thing or accept corruption, may my mother strike me down from her grave.

I take it very personal when people say things of me that they know nothing of. You don't follow me, so you don't see the times when I complain bitterly about Nigeria or corruption. Some months ago I came to complain about the level of corruption in my school, I wrote an entire epistle condemning it. I have gotten into terrible spats with people for encouraging small things like nepotism in my school.

The fact that you would use a post that I was being sarcastic on to say I encourage corruption is an insult to the people who birthed me.

Once again, may thunder strike me if I am a supporter of corruption in Nigeria. The same Nigeria that I have constantly said I cannot live in because nothing is ever straightforward.

Nothing has pained me more than such an allegation. God forbid!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:45pm On Aug 29, 2018
darkelf:

Its not as if I'm underrating Seychelles. I'm more worried about us walloping them by like....4 goals and then we overrate our players. I want our guys on their toes at all tomes and seek to do better at the main tournament. At least, let's try to qualify, then win the nations cup and then correct our WC errors in the confederation cup. Chaii....I don think far sha

you think this team will wallop Seychelles by 4 goals?

Nna, calm down.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:48pm On Aug 29, 2018
safarigirl:

Nna, calm down.

I don't think so....in fact, I hope Seychelles put up a very good fight but this is soccer and if there's one thing I've learnt about the SE, they come they when you lower expectations.

Let's see sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 29, 2018
safarigirl:

Nna, calm down.

Libya whip dem 5-1 for neutral ground. We will score like 3-4 that is after Ighalo must have missed like 8 chances.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:56pm On Aug 29, 2018
ChrisKels:
Paul Aigbogun is a criminal for parading Alalade as an U20 player. D boy is not just over age but he is crap. Such a palmwine tapper masquerading as a player.

Omofoma (the sub with white sprayed hair) should be playing in Europe. Such a skillful, tricky winger. I wonder why he didn't start.

Ikouwem also hasn't done badly

Say what you want but Alalade has put Nigeria ithe U20 AFCON already and now he got Enyimba out of the group stage.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:57pm On Aug 29, 2018
Nzogbu Nzogbu Enyimba Enyi, Nzogbu Enyimba Nzogbu Nzogbu Enyimba Enyi, Nzogbu Enyimba.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:00pm On Aug 29, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Say what you want but Alalade has put Nigeria ithe U20 AFCON already and now he got Enyimba out of the group stage.

Mennnnn...... I felt the vibes when that goal went it.

Been long since I saw a Nigerian club side fight like this!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:03pm On Aug 29, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Now that automatically makes him younger than his true age? U are such a funny Dude

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:03pm On Aug 29, 2018
do4luv14:
Who dey watch emyimba match? Abeg give us minute by minute blow pls. And if necessary for pidgin english

FT Enyimba 1:0 Cara.

Alalade 93'
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:04pm On Aug 29, 2018
ChrisKels:

Now that automatically makes him younger than his true age? U are such a funny Dude

Forget about this age matter first let's give the guy kudos jare.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:07pm On Aug 29, 2018
darkelf:

Egbon, I understand your reservations as well as the opinions of others.

But the guy might not be comfortable using his real moniker to solicit for financial help because people may start viewing him differently.

Probably, his opinions/his person may not be respected anymore and when tempers flare as they always do on this thread, someone may just decide to go below the belt and refer to his financial predicament. Trust me, it would most likely happen.

My 2 cents

And if that happens will it take a single strand of hair off his head?

You people are too emotionally attached to what people say here honestly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:12pm On Aug 29, 2018
ChrisKels:

Obviously I wasn't talking about his age. Read your own comment again u called him crap as a player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:14pm On Aug 29, 2018
Mfon Udoh deserves a call to the national team. I won't argue this with anybody but all I will say that he has checked almost all boxes.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:16pm On Aug 29, 2018
Icon4s:

Mennnnn...... I felt the vibes when that goal went it.

Been long since I saw a Nigerian club side fight like this!

They fight but they come short. The same could have happened to Enyimba.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:17pm On Aug 29, 2018
Icon4s:

And if that happens will it take a single strand of hair off his head?

You people are too emotionally attached to what people say here honestly.
this proves true especially for me.

Finally, nobody knows anybody here outside here and like I read recently, if you think you know someone based off an online personality, you may be shocked to find how wrong you are about the person.

As I also read grin grin....peopoe are too attached to what virtual people think of them when the only thing that matters is what actual people think of you

Maybe Komekn isn't a hypocrite in reality grin, maybe his words may not come off as offensive if he said it in person
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:18pm On Aug 29, 2018
Icon4s:

Forget about this age matter first let's give the guy kudos jare.

Oga no mind am. He was dissing the guys all match and now that they busted his bubbles he is coming up with plan B.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:18pm On Aug 29, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

They fight but they come short. The same could have happened to Enyimba.
but Enyinba is nobody's mate in the NPFL like Icob4s opined some days ago

(1) (2) (3) ... (4612) (4613) (4614) (4615) (4616) (4617) (4618) ... (16194) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: joxxy01(m), Stillwater10, charlesemeka85(m), Cecco90, shawwal1(m), elyte89 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.