Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,304 members, 7,815,551 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4614) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11648515 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4611) (4612) (4613) (4614) (4615) (4616) (4617) ... (16145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:52pm On Aug 29, 2018
did your eye not see where i said KC doesn't deserve his call up.

guy you are smarter than this was ajagun ever an outstanding player in any club he played for? please post his above average stats let everybody judge

the gassed out echejiele is still with monaco by the way plus with him we won afcon. please remind me what did we win with a fully gassed taiwo.

ogu pulled trees, ndidi pulled trees, iwobi was decent, etebo sef try

due process followed when players you like or fancy are called up.

rabiu doesn't deserve a call up same as nwakali how is that controversial ni tori Olorun?

Mickael2:

We are not talking about average players or not, if you tag someone like Ajagun a below average player what does that make KC?

On Taiwo, what is Echejile still doing in this team? I can tell you that a gassed out Taiwo is presently better than Echejile go and watch his recent matches. If Echejile is still getting invited then there was no reason for Taiwo's omission.

Please do well to tell me any of our players that has 'pulled up' more trees than Ajagun in the past few years. You can decide to pick if you have more worthy persons which presently there is no one ahead of him in this hierarchy. Which other AMF/CMF did we invite? so that means the reason why Ajagun isn't there is because KC is there. I hate sounding like I don't want to see the boy there but due process has to be followed at all times.

Well the present matter here and now is that at Bratislava Rabiu is bossing it. he was also a starter for Trencin a few seasons ago, and in the match he played against Chad he played very well in the limited time, go and check again. By the way when he was representing Trencin, a run of games for the national team would have propelled him to a better career which is what I believe we are trying to do for KC now, so why does player A deserve better recognition than player B?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:54pm On Aug 29, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
I want to start this post by shouting good luck to the Peoples' Elephant in their crunch match.

Btw when they win and make it out of the group stage it would be Nigeria 1-0 South Africa.

Yes o. The People's Elephant are about to match them Carra Brazzaville down.

We will be having them for Supper!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:55pm On Aug 29, 2018
Khama Biliat is the best player in south Africa but yet can't get a proper European team to look his way. The fact is that when you have top credentials European clubs try to pull you down because God forbid they play a proper price for an African player. Even El Kabbi that was so exquisite at CHAN had to go to China because no serious club came for him. I don't blame these guys who rather play for their worth in countries like Bangladesh instead of taking slave contracts in Europe.

The NPFL must change but that is for the good of players and fans but if people think turning the NPFL to the PSL will get our players into top clubs then they should think again.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:57pm On Aug 29, 2018
chrisooblog:
did your eye not see where i said KC doesn't deserve his call up.

guy you are smarter than this was ajagun ever an outstanding player in any club he played for? please post his above average stats let everybody judge

the gassed out echejiele is still with monaco by the way plus with him we won afcon. please remind me what did we win with a fully gassed taiwo.

ogu pulled trees, ndidi pulled trees, iwobi was decent, etebo sef try

due process followed when players you like or fancy are called up.

rabiu doesn't deserve a call up same as nwakali how is that controversial ni tori Olorun?

O boy I shock for the kind players that guy they mention.

That one na to set our football in backward motion o.

And to think that he was getting likes and supporters for that post.

Na wa o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bennie1980(m): 3:59pm On Aug 29, 2018
gamaliel9:
Watch our Dessers grin grin grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntLAxKjDQfM
. Why is Rohr has not invited this guy?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:03pm On Aug 29, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
Khama Biliat is the best player in south Africa but yet can't get a proper European team to look his way. The fact is that when you have top credentials European clubs try to pull you down because God forbid they play a proper price for an African player. Even El Kabbi that was so exquisite at CHAN had to go to China because no serious club came for him. I don't blame these guys who rather play for their worth in countries like Bangladesh instead of taking slave contracts in Europe.

The NPFL must change but that is for the good of players and fans but if people think turning the NPFL to the PSL will get our players into top clubs then they should think again.

On Khama Biliat, you see, the thing is Europeans do not really rate players from that part of the continent.

If players like Fashion Sakala, Enoch Mwepu and Emmanuel Banda were from Senegal, Mali, CIV, Ghana or Nigeria they would be playing somewhere in France, Spain or England by now.

West Africa is where the raw talent is bro. And the Europeans know this

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:19pm On Aug 29, 2018
egbon me sef weak. as per the likes don't be surprised if it's one of the usual suspects because i saw one jumping around like a hyper active kid high on sugar just because i mentioned his favourite player

Icon4s:

Na wa o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:20pm On Aug 29, 2018
Icon4s:

Na wa o.

No be una dey give am yeye voice to dey reel out those nauseating names? Imagine Rabiu that failed from Holland to scotland to slovekia to Belgium and now gone to oblivion is being rooted for here? As long as I dont support KC Nwakali's call up, I will never consider Rabiu as an option.

C names oo, Taiwo , Ambrose? Trust me if we had left Echiejile outta the world cup party, dude would have included his name In his queer list that comprise; the Efe Ambrose, Rabiu and Taiwos of this world just to spite people and have a preposterous argument.

U guys should learn to ignore some posts most of the time to avoid this unnecessary debates that derail this thread biko
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:21pm On Aug 29, 2018
Icon4s:

Yes o. The People's Elephant are about to match them Carra Brazzaville down.

We will be having them for Supper!!!

Honestly I can't wait to see the Aba fans cheer their club. Some of the best in Nigeria IMO.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:26pm On Aug 29, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Honestly I can't wait to see the Aba fans cheer their club. Some of the best in Nigeria IMO.

Wot time is the match please? I really need to see this match
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:27pm On Aug 29, 2018
Icon4s:

On Khama Biliat, you see, the thing is Europeans do not really rate players from that part of the continent.

If players like Fashion Sakala, Enoch Mwepu and Emmanuel Banda were from Senegal, Mali, CIV, Ghana or Nigeria they would be playing somewhere in France, Spain or England by now.

West Africa is where the raw talent is bro. And the Europeans know this

How many west Africans have you seen go straight to England from their countries? Look we all know that some countries have easier paths to Europe but even then how much are they going for? U can't buy Khama Biliat for the same price as a youth player from Senegal, after Kaizer Chiefs stop laughing at u they will order security to put u out with force. This guy makes almost a 1 million dollars every season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:49pm On Aug 29, 2018
ChrisKels:

Wot time is the match please? I really need to see this match

5pm it is about to start.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:50pm On Aug 29, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

How many west Africans have you seen go straight to England from their countries? Look we all know that some countries have easier paths to Europe but even then how much are they going for? U can't buy Khama Biliat for the same price as a youth players from Senegal, after Kaizer Chiefs stop laughing at u they will order security to put u out with force. This guy makes almost a 1 million dollars every season.

Francophone players transfer straight to France all the time.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:50pm On Aug 29, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Good european team came for El Kabbi but he goes to china for money
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:54pm On Aug 29, 2018
andrew444:

Good european team came for El Kabbi but he goes to china for money

Do u think he was a free agent? The Chinese club paid €5 million for his services, so he didn't have total control on where he was going to go.

If they really wanted him why didn't they offer €6 million
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:56pm On Aug 29, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

How many west Africans have you seen go straight to England from their countries? Look we all know that some countries have easier paths to Europe but even then how much are they going for? U can't buy Khama Biliat for the same price as a youth player from Senegal, after Kaizer Chiefs stop laughing at u they will order security to put u out with force. This guy makes almost a 1 million dollars every season.

Khama Biliat doesnt make 1 million per season.

Khama Biliat earn 10 million rands annually before tax,convert it to $ and see if its up to $1m

Thank you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:59pm On Aug 29, 2018
andrew444:

Khama Biliat doesnt make 1 million per season.

Khama Biliat earn 10 million rands annually before tax,convert it to $ and see if its up to $1m

Thank you

That is why I said almost genius.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:59pm On Aug 29, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Do u think he was a free agent? The Chinese club paid €5 million for his services, so he didn't have total control on where he was going to go.

If they really wanted him why didn't they offer €6 million

Bros he goes for the money,shebi na me tell you? they got him because he is cheap,if he his brazillian he will be expensive than that,they go for a cheap option with better salary

How many players from african league chinese club go buy? NONE sorry,unless division 2 chinese club
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:00pm On Aug 29, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

That is why I said almost genius.

lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:02pm On Aug 29, 2018
tbaba1234:

Francophone players transfer straight to France all the time.

It got me thinking, these guys go straight to France and ball but their clubs always get peanuts no matter what the level of their talent is. I mean it helps the national team in the long run but the local clubs will always remain broke.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:08pm On Aug 29, 2018
andrew444:

Bros he goes for the money,shebi na me tell you? they got him because he is cheap,if he his brazillian he will be expensive than that,they go for a cheap option with better salary

How many players from african league chinese club go buy? NONE sorry,unless division 2 chinese club

Do u think a European club even offered 2 million? U say he went for the money, I say he went for his worth.

Chinese clubs can only have 3 foreign players and u can bet that the player will always be a big name. El Kabbi fits the bill, he was the top scorer at CHAN and he also played in a world cup recently. Not many have that resume.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:26pm On Aug 29, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Apt. I love this so much so I could give you a Chieftaincy title!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:28pm On Aug 29, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Do u think a European club even offered 2 million? U say he went for the money, I say he went for his worth.

Chinese clubs can only have 3 foreign players and u can bet that the player will always be a big name. El Kabbi fits the bill, he was the top scorer at CHAN and he also played in a world cup recently. Not many have that resume.

Yes he fit the bill

I am telling you the amount of money he is earning per season bro not the amount they use in buying him

No European club will over him a good salary as that China club
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:44pm On Aug 29, 2018
This Enyimba Farooq #17 has been spraying passes out of the midfield like election rice.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:44pm On Aug 29, 2018
Enyimba and their funny first touches. This team is technically poor. See kick and chase. Dem just dey baloon ball aimlessly into the air. I wonder if they came to this game with strikers sef. Only thing thrilling me is their shinny stadium
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:47pm On Aug 29, 2018
andrew444:

Yes he fit the bill

I am telling you the amount of money he is earning per season bro not the amount they use in buying him

No European club will over him a good salary as that China club

if a European club offered to pay his club the same amount of money then u can say he went for the money but they didn't.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:48pm On Aug 29, 2018
ChrisKels:
Enyimba and their funny first touches. This team is technically poor. See kick and chase. Dem just dey baloon ball aimlessly into the air. I wonder if they came to this game with strikers sef. Only thing thrilling me is their shinny stadium

I would have been surprised if u had said anything else.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:48pm On Aug 29, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
This Enyimba Farooq #17 has been spraying passes out of the midfield like election rice.

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 5:52pm On Aug 29, 2018
signz:

I heard he tried in Kaduna while he was Governor. He's also had stints in the private sector. Even in WikiLeaks, the US ambassador had good things to write about him.

He's my Uncle's set in Federal Enugu and he's an active member of btheir old students association. Infact I'm told he speaks Igbo language.

I like him and I also think he's a unifier.

This is the same tape you guys played on behalf of Buhari. So all I can deduct from your brief write-up here is that you are swayed just Because he is your Uncle's classmate and he speaks Wawa dialect of Nsukka? I do not simply know how to quantify you Sir

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:59pm On Aug 29, 2018
Em BascoVanVeli, you heard about the letter to the NPFL from CAF about the reduction in slot for continental representatives to one each for Champions league and Confed cup?

So what do you have to say about that?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:05pm On Aug 29, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

I would have been surprised if u had said anything else.
I like this strength, skills and composure of the Enyimba defenders.
My eyes have also been on Ukouwem Utin.
Mfon Udoh is our best attacking threat thus far.
I know the much needed goal will surely come this second half.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2018
So far, better second half, though, still early but the boys are raising their games

(1) (2) (3) ... (4611) (4612) (4613) (4614) (4615) (4616) (4617) ... (16145) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89 and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.