Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,821 members, 7,813,702 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4748) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11631675 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4745) (4746) (4747) (4748) (4749) (4750) (4751) ... (16137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:49am On Sep 19, 2018
Icon4s:

At least from that 09 set we still have Omeruo, Onazi, Kayode and Ajagun still balling. There was selective MRI for that 09 set.
Did you see the 93 and 2001 sets?
Too young though I can vividly remember my uncle cursing out Karimu Shuaibu for being useless despite being at least 25.
I think that was the set that had the guy who used two different names for the tournament...he played in Bulgaria and had a few caps with the national team...can't remember his name
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:51am On Sep 19, 2018
jihday:
I think the 2001 set too was bad, they had Opabunmi, sambo, Akpan, Omonigho, I think there's a certain[b][/b] shuaibu [b][/b]too. they all faded out. don't think any of them played for super eagles aside from Opabunmi and that was in 2002 just a year after please correct me if I'm wrong I can barely remember their names
Karimu Shuaibu. The flopped at the finals against france.
That French team had Le Tallic and the guy that played for liverpool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:09am On Sep 19, 2018
Icon4s:

The bolded is the line I was waiting to see in this post. The rest is no News.

Do u think the paper works will come through within such a short period of time?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 9:11am On Sep 19, 2018
Watching Club Brudge yesterday made me have some rethink on all these backwater leagues.

They ain't as bad as we portray them. Lack of large media coverage is their bane. They are most underrated but I think they play decent football. Ranking 2nd tier division ahead of these leagues here is simply football injustice.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 9:13am On Sep 19, 2018
maidaboi:
Just for fun
which nigerian player will be the first to score in uefa CL?
that should be huuuum!...H.onyekuru cheesy

but just few Nigeria players and their clubs are present in this year's UCL competition.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:19am On Sep 19, 2018
AIG07:
Watching Club Brudge yesterday made me have some rethink on all these backwater leagues.

They ain't as bad as we portray them. Lack of large media coverage is their bane. They are most underrated but I think they play decent football. Ranking 2nd tier division ahead of these leagues here is simply football injustice.

Belgian league no follow for back water leagues brother. When u talk of back water, u talk about, Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Czech, Kazakstan, etc.

Abeg give me an honest assessment of what u saw in Danjuma yesterday.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:22am On Sep 19, 2018
safarigirl:
the way forgiveness was shouting that Kayode is back from injury, I thought he would even play today.... Apparently, he isn't out. Just wasted space in my fantasy league

Shakatar game is today...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:25am On Sep 19, 2018
Danielnino00:

Shakatar game is today...
he is doubtful for the game according to the reports
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:32am On Sep 19, 2018
ChrisKels:

Do u think the paper works will come through within such a short period of time?

Very unlikely more so as this must be sorted out before Rohr releases his list which we should expect as from next week.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:36am On Sep 19, 2018
Icon4s:

Very unlikely more so as this must be sorted out before Rohr releases his list which we should expect as from next week.

That's true though we dont know how far they have gone with that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:38am On Sep 19, 2018
ChrisKels:

That's true though we dont know how far they have gone with that

Maybe. Keeping fingers crossed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:40am On Sep 19, 2018
Rockyrascal:
that should be huuuum!...H.onyekuru cheesy

but just few Nigeria players and their clubs are present in this year's UCL competition.

True and very sad indeed.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:43am On Sep 19, 2018
But why was Salah throwing tantrum in reaction to Firmino's winner yesterday? Could it be, dude wants all the glory to himself?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 9:45am On Sep 19, 2018
AIG07:

When I said top league some people thought the world starts and ends in Premiership,La Liga and Serie A. The Belgium Pro League is a very decent league.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:47am On Sep 19, 2018
Icon4s:

True and very sad indeed.

Painfully, none of the teams is a contender for at least a place in the quarter finals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:18am On Sep 19, 2018
edi287:

But na age we dey talk about egbon. That set was crazy hence why Westerhof said what he did, but the 09 set rivals them imo.
We should be thanking God for MRI.

Yes! I agree that set was full of age cheats but saying none of them made it in football is not true.

I didn't follow that tournament that produced them but I followed all the players in that set one by one after I saw dem played under Siasia and I can tell what happened to their careers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:24am On Sep 19, 2018
AIG07:

Belgium league no b back water leave bros

Slovakia Slovenia Israel Moldova and co but not Belgium bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 12:06pm On Sep 19, 2018
ChrisKels:

Belgian league no follow for back water leagues brother. When u talk of back water, u talk about, Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Czech, Kazakstan, etc.

Abeg give me an honest assessment of what u saw in Danjuma yesterday.

hahaha... I think you know how the Ranking Master rank these leagues. The leagues you highlighted are lacking in quality and so can be regarded as backwater leagues. But That doesn't take away the fact that there are possibility of having exceptional players in those leagues.

On Danjuma, he was decent last night. He kept it simple and drew a very fine save off Dortmond goalkeeper. He will be a great addition. But don't forget he is a winger and so will have lots of fight in his hands when he finally joins.

Presently, the Super Eagles seems to have more feathers on the wings than other parts of its body
Musa, .
S. Moses
Henry,
Iwobi
S. Kalu
**Success**
*Ademola
*Danjuma

I think it's time Rohr begins to play without an out and out strikers or better still converts Musa to 9 and if possible get success into the position since our first two 9s have failed to live up to expectations.

Cc: Andrew444

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 12:14pm On Sep 19, 2018
AIG07:
hahaha... I think you know how the Ranking Master rank these leagues. The leagues you highlighted are lacking in quality and so can be regarded as backwater leagues. But That doesn't take away the fact that there are possibility of having exceptional players in those leagues.

On Danjuma, he was decent last night. He kept it simple and drew a very fine save off Dortmond goalkeeper. He will be a great addition. But don't forget he is a winger and so will have lots of fight in his hands when he finally joins.

Presently, the Super Eagles seems to have more feathers on the wings than other parts of its body
Musa, .
S. Moses
Henry,
Iwobi
S. Kalu
**Success**
*Ademola
*Danjuma

I think it's time Rohr begins to play without an out and out strikers or better still converts Musa to 9 and if possible get success into the position since our first two 9s have failed to live up to expectations.

Cc: Andrew444
seconded
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:17pm On Sep 19, 2018
ChrisKels:
But why was Salah throwing tantrum in reaction to Firmino's winner yesterday? Could it be, dude wants all the glory to himself?
Salah's streak was just for one season....his was reminiscent of Vardy's streak when Leicester won the EPL. Difference being, Vardy's goals were instrumental to Leicester's win, Salah couldn't do a thing for Liverpool trophy wise

He will still score, but he might not hit half of what he got last season. Mane will outshine him this season, it's a bit difficult to step down a pedestal so high

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:20pm On Sep 19, 2018
UCL: Kayode Named In Shakhtar Donetsk Squad For Hoffenheim Clash

18 hours ago

By Adeboye Amosu:

Nigeria forward, Kayode Olanrewaju,has been named in Shakhtar Donetsk’s 22-man squad for Wednesday’s Champions League home clash against TSG Hoffenheim at the Metalist Stadium, Kharkiv, reports Completesportsnigeria. com.

Kayode who recently recovered from an injury he picked up in pre- season is yet to make an appearance for the Miners this term.

He is now in line to play his first game for Paolo Fonseca’s men against the Germans who will be making their first appearance in the group stage of the Champions League.

The striker initially joined Shakhtar Donetsk on loan from Manchester City in February but the move was made permanent with the former Austria Wien star penning a five-year contract.

Kayode scored two goals in six league appearances for Shakhtar Donetsk last season.

He won the league and FA Cup titles with the club last season.

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/ucl-kayode-named-in-shakhtar-donetsk-squad-for-hoffenheims-clash/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwiypYnx6MbdAhWLzoUKHfKWARwQFjAAegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw09v1fROW53adyik7bz5a2M&ampcf=1

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:28pm On Sep 19, 2018
safarigirl:
Salah's streak was just for one season....his was reminiscent of Vardy's streak when Leicester won the EPL. Difference being, Vardy's goals were instrumental to Leicester's win, Salah couldn't do a thing for Liverpool trophy wise

He will still score, but he might not hit half of what he got last season. Mane will outshine him this season, it's a bit difficult to step down a pedestal so high

Vardy has been scoring 20 or more goals per Epl season since when they won the league

Vardy scored 24 when they won the league and scored 13 the following season but he scored 20 last season,so you can see vardy is constitent

Please don't judge salah with 5 games,it's too early

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:21pm On Sep 19, 2018
andrew444:

Vardy has been scoring 20 or more goals per Epl season since when they won the league

Vardy scored 24 when they won the league and scored 13 the following season but he scored 20 last season,so you can see vardy is constitent

Please don't judge salah with 5 games,it's too early
has Vardy broken any records since then?

I said nothing about consistency, I spoke of having streaks. I said this last season that Salad will not be as good this season as he was last season, so, it is not because of five games I am saying this. I have been saying it since.

Same way I said Manchester City would not win the EPL this season. Shebi I talk that one? 5 games or not, he will most likely not hit half what he hit last season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:40pm On Sep 19, 2018
safarigirl:
has Vardy broken any records since then?

I said nothing about consistency, I spoke of having streaks. I said this last season that Salad will not be as good this season as he was last season, so, it is not because of five games I am saying this. I have been saying it since.

Same way I said Manchester City would not win the EPL this season. Shebi I talk that one? 5 games or not, he will most likely not hit half what he hit last season

Wetin vardy wan use record do when we all know Leicester cannot win anything apart from the epl they won that year,anyway vardy is the first Leicester city player to score 50 EPL goals in their history abi dat 1 no b record?

Anyway man city will win the league this season,no b who fist dey top table,no b who first call police go win case.

Over and out.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:42pm On Sep 19, 2018
andrew444:

Wetin vardy wan use record do when we all know Leicester cannot win anything apart from the epl they won that year,anyway vardy is the first Leicester city player to score 50 EPL goals in their history abi dat 1 no b record?

Anyway man city will win the league this season,no b who fist dey top table,no b who first call police go win case.

Over and out.
i said in one season. He had a record in the season they won EPL. He hasn't had another EPL record since then, same with Salah

I stand by what I said. By the end of first half of the season, things will become clearer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:43pm On Sep 19, 2018
safarigirl:
he is doubtful for the game according to the reports

*Yimu* grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:46pm On Sep 19, 2018
andrew444:

Over and out.

Man City kwa! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:57pm On Sep 19, 2018
forgiveness:

*Yimu* grin
apaprently I was the only one dumb enough to put him in my Fantasy team.

I hope you can read

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:00pm On Sep 19, 2018
Danielnino00:

See eh..Tammy can score 30 goals in the championship if he so wish...

I'm just sure he won't play for Nigeria again..He used his own mouth to blow that chance.. We rated him highly.. The fact that Pinnick himself went down to England to talk with him showed how much we wanted him. But he threw it right to our face..
Tammy has gone the way of Sydney Sam,Nedum Onuoha,Jordan Ibe and Gabriel Agbonlahor... that's the truth...

First of all where you there when Amaju went to Tega's house

What you have is one version and media reports.

Experience not youthful exuberance has taught me not believe everything you read.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:01pm On Sep 19, 2018
safarigirl:
i said in one season. He had a record in the season they won EPL. He hasn't had another EPL record since then, same with Salah

I stand by what I said. By the end of first half of the season, things will become clearer

Alright dear...Make we dey see....I will eat my words here and praise you when the deed is done,trust me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 2:04pm On Sep 19, 2018
komekn:

First of all where you there when Amaju went to Tega's house

What you have is one version and media reports.

Experience not youthful exuberance has taught me not believe everything you read.

bros but we saw the pictures or were they photoshopped? so please stop the irritating defense n clamour of ur boys especially that Dominic iorfa
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:04pm On Sep 19, 2018
forgiveness:

Man City kwa! grin

Oya na shebi na Chelsea go win am nah or Liverpool as dem don win 5 straight games.

Na here we go dey when loosing go start expecially that Chelsea,Liverpool are the big threat to city.

Make we dey see....Liverpool robin hood team.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4745) (4746) (4747) (4748) (4749) (4750) (4751) ... (16137) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, sojious, TheSuperNerd(m), Kog45(m), humility33(m), Tessyy1701, Oasis007(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.