Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4749) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11777140 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4746) (4747) (4748) (4749) (4750) (4751) (4752) ... (16192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:06pm On Sep 19, 2018
Danielnino00:

Apologize indeed grin .. He will only apologize when his career doesn't go the right way..
All these foreign born players have the ambition of playing for their country of birth.unfortunately, a lot of them.are just average and not good enough for the team... The wise ones like Aina,Ekong and Ebuehi picked Nigeria cus we would give them the chance to boost their careers... the rest are just playing hide and seek with.us.. Still waiting for their career to hit the right path so their country of birth can give them a look in..

Tammy belongs to another class... The class of Agbolahor,Onuoha,Ibe and Sam... They allowed the media hype get into their head and threw away the chance of representing Nigeria and upgrading their careers...

well.. its not.too late for Tammy to.apologise... But will Nigerians accept him??

First of all if your European born and doing ok you don't need the SE to boost your career.

Tega, Ademola, Tega, Oviemuno, Ojo, etc don't need to the SE to boost thier careers. That's something you need to understand. Even going back what did the SE do for Aluko, Akpan, etc.

You make assumptions from an Afro- centric point of view.

Unless you were a party to discussion you really do not know the substance of what happened with Tega and so called discussions.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:11pm On Sep 19, 2018
komekn:

First of all if your European born and doing ok you don't need the SE to boost your career.

Tega, Ademola, Tega, Oviemuno, Ojo, etc don't need to the SE to boost thier careers. That's something you need to understand. Even going back what did the SE do for Aluko, Akpan, etc.

Unless you were a party to discussion you really do not know the substance of what happened with Tega and so called discussions.

Are all those player doing well? apart from lookman there all i see is bunch of below average players

I dont want lookman to continue on everton bench because he did well at the bundesliga but the useless everton manager refuse to sell him for 22.5

Hope akpan has always been a crappy player so please stop using super eagles as example

All those below average player should fight and make england team okay

Solanke would have gone to the championship and join his fellow below average players and now he is no where near Liverpool bench.

Players like solanke na FA cup and capital one cup dey rush them

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:21pm On Sep 19, 2018
safarigirl:
lol.... as in

Tammy Na Championship level player, he isn't bigger than that and some people want us to think he is a world class striker. Dude is bang average, let him remain in second tier football where he obviously belongs

The assumption that the man who shouts the loudest is assumed to the wisest seems to be your approach.

It's comical.

Can somebody tell me who is highest rated left back English football ❓ Liverpool bid £30 million and it was rejected, he currently got promoted with Fulham this season.

Mitrovic may have been playing in the Championship But is highly regarded indeed after promotion with Fulham is now wanted by Chelsea.

Playing in the Championship is not as low as you think.

With regards to the average striker Tega only good for 2nd tier.Then update your knowledge and download understanding.

Tega was wanted by several EPL clubs but the politics of football in Chelsea prevented that from happening.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2018/09/14/neil-warnock-disappointed-with-chelseas-decision-to-let-tammy-abraham-join-aston-villa/

Not sure why you loose rationality and sentiment from unfounded dislike takes over. Shall I call it " Bad belle "
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:25pm On Sep 19, 2018
Danycrusoe:

bros but we saw the pictures or were they photoshopped? so please stop the irritating defense n clamour of ur boys especially that Dominic iorfa

With regards to Dominic it's not defense it's just stating the truth. I can say more than that particularly when there is so much misinformation being peddled around.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:39pm On Sep 19, 2018
komekn:

First of all where you there when Amaju went to Tega's house

What you have is one version and media reports.

Experience not youthful exuberance has taught me not believe everything you read.

Everybody saw the photo of Pinnick meeting with Tammy, his brother and his dad...
abi na.Photoshop?/

I'm very sure if the whole Tammy saga hadn't happened u would have been singing ur usual egunje song....

Your hypocrisy really stinks to the heavens.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:44pm On Sep 19, 2018
komekn:

You are very funny... grin .. Perhaps u should organise a stand up comedy in the UK or Warri sometimes....

If the aforementioned players don't need the super eagles to boost their career,then why the hell.are u trying to force them down on us??

I mean. if they are really good,their chance of playing for England is. very high.. We all know.how much u look at the super eagles and NFF with disgust.. so why bother clamouring for the addition.of ur precious players in the team??

See Mr. Komekn its high time u come out clear about ur mission on this thread... I'm.not understanding it again...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 2:55pm On Sep 19, 2018
komekn:

The assumption that the man who shouts the loudest is assumed to the wisest seems to be your approach.

It's comical.

Can somebody tell me who is highest rated left back English football ❓ Liverpool bid £30 million and it was rejected, he currently got promoted with Fulham this season.

Mitrovic may have been playing in the Championship But is highly regarded indeed after promotion with Fulham is now wanted by Chelsea.

With regards to the average striker Tega only good for 2nd tier.Then update your knowledge and download understanding.

Tega was wanted by several EPL clubs but the politics of football in Chelsea prevented that from happening.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2018/09/14/neil-warnock-disappointed-with-chelseas-decision-to-let-tammy-abraham-join-aston-villa/

Not sure why you loose rationality and sentiment from unfounded dislike takes over. Shall I call it " Bad belle "
trash
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 3:13pm On Sep 19, 2018
[s]
safarigirl:
Salah's streak was just for one season....his was reminiscent of Vardy's streak when Leicester won the EPL. Difference being, Vardy's goals were instrumental to Leicester's win, Salah couldn't do a thing for Liverpool trophy wise

He will still score, but he might not hit half of what he got last season. Mane will outshine him this season, it's a bit difficult to step down a pedestal so high
[/s]

I don't know where this is coming from or for what reason but it is so so unnecessary! What is this kwanu? Salah is the only African since Drogba to put Africa up there,in England and across Europe. Please!
Appreciate or identify with the young African or pass. Jeez!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 3:25pm On Sep 19, 2018
SlayerForever:

I don't know where this is coming from or for what reason but it is so so unnecessary! What is this kwanu? Salah is the only African since Drogba to put Africa up there,in England and across Europe. Please!
hahaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 19, 2018
komekn:

It's comical.

Just like how politics landed Nwakali and Osimhen where they are.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:08pm On Sep 19, 2018
SlayerForever:

Leave that madam bros,na only super eagles that one sabi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 4:19pm On Sep 19, 2018
Samuel Chukwueze on the verge of promotion to Villarreal main team, according to the spanish publication Marca, he is likely to feature against Rangers FC of Scotland in the UEFA Europa league on thursday the 20th of september 2018.

Visit this link for more information.

.http://www.marca.com/futbol/villarreal/2018/09/19/5ba26326e2704eadb88b45b1.html

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 4:25pm On Sep 19, 2018
Haha!! OK, let me kill you with F-A-C-T-S:

FACT: Put those two teams (Barca and Madrid) in the EPL and EPL would become a two team league.
FACT: Since Alex Ferguson retired, the EPL has technically become a two team league (ManCity and Chelsea). When last did Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, and Spurs won anything?

... do you want me to continue

O pari

Danielnino00:

Relax na.. its just one game out of 6.. inter Milan had the home advantage...

And yea, the EPL is the most competitive league in the world.... its not like d la liga where u got just barca and Madrid and sometimes Atletico mounting a title challenge....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 4:28pm On Sep 19, 2018
I think the problem with Spurs is lack of ambition. They have a very good coach, like you said. And they have decent players as well. However, to get to the next level (winners levels), they need to spend money. And that's what they have refused to do. They want to win something with nothing and that ain't gonna happen. They missed a big chance the year Leicester won.

O pari

krattoss:
spurs is an example of a club who I won't know it's actual problem, whether it's from players, formation or coach.
They have nice management and nice players with good fans who re not that intimidating. They also have a good Coach. ..

But it's quite sad that they real so unfortunate..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 4:29pm On Sep 19, 2018
Obviously, you're not following me on twitter, Joebie grin grin

O pari

Joebie:
U be Barca? Ur anger no translate to theirs o.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:31pm On Sep 19, 2018
cc12:
Samuel Chukwueze on the verge of promotion to Villarreal main team, according to the spanish publication Marca, he is likely to feature against Rangers FC of Scotland in the UEFA Europa league on thursday the 20th of september 2018.

This is the link for more information.

.http://www.marca.com/futbol/villarreal/2018/09/19/5ba26326e2704eadb88b45b1.html

And here is the rough translation from Google ;

Nigerian Samu Chukwueze. The young African footballer, who on May 22 turned 19, has serious options to enter for the first time in the call of Javier Calleja as the Madrid coach himself made clear in his appearance before the media: "You can enter because you are He has trained with us. "
Although the technical secretary of Villarreal followed the footballer since his appearance in the youth world championship played in 2015, it was not until the end of last season when he took the services of the skillful left-handed. And in that sense fortune smiled at the tile club because the restrictive British legislation in terms of signings prevented the player from materializing his arrival at Arsenal after being practically closed if he signed with the Gunners. It was then when the Castellonans were able to get ahead of rival rivals who, like Oporto, tried to take over the young African promise.
A couple of games in the youth served him to give the jump to the subsidiary of Segunda B where amazed with
a pair of goals in the style of Messi in the promotion of promotion to LaLiga 123. So much that it became a constant
presence of scouts from different European teams every weekend in the yellow sports city. Villarreal, aware of its potential, renewed the player this summer and extended its clause in a figure close to 30 million euros.
This year he has already scored three assists in the first days and several performances that have served to convince Calleja to give him his first opportunity. Villarreal • The young Nigerian winger will be on the list
Pearl Samu Chukwueze, before her debut
Samu Chukwueze, during the promotion phase to LaLiga 123 with Villarreal B. / Carme Ripolles /
BRAND
09/19/2018 | 16:54 CEST Víctor Franch Vila-real
 
Villarreal discovers a diamond: 'messianica' exhibition by Samu in San Mamés!
Villarreal

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 4:33pm On Sep 19, 2018
True. This Barca team is for real, bro. But I am still not sold on Ousame Dembele tho. He's a very talented player but, sometimes, his decision making leaves much to be desired. I foresee Velvarde switching back to 4-4-2 as the season goes on. In addition, I think Barca still need another top class striker. Suarez is getting old and slow.

O pari

Earthquake1:

That was one of the best matches i've ever watched grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 4:38pm On Sep 19, 2018
ChrisKels:

And here is the rough translation from Google ;

Nigerian Samu Chukwueze. The young African footballer, who on May 22 turned 19, has serious options to enter for the first time in the call of Javier Calleja as the Madrid coach himself made clear in his appearance before the media: "You can enter because you are He has trained with us. "
Although the technical secretary of Villarreal followed the footballer since his appearance in the youth world championship played in 2015, it was not until the end of last season when he took the services of the skillful left-handed. And in that sense fortune smiled at the tile club because the restrictive British legislation in terms of signings prevented the player from materializing his arrival at Arsenal after being practically closed if he signed with the Gunners. It was then when the Castellonans were able to get ahead of rival rivals who, like Oporto, tried to take over the young African promise.
A couple of games in the youth served him to give the jump to the subsidiary of Segunda B where amazed with
a pair of goals in the style of Messi in the promotion of promotion to LaLiga 123. So much that it became a constant
presence of scouts from different European teams every weekend in the yellow sports city. Villarreal, aware of its potential, renewed the player this summer and extended its clause in a figure close to 30 million euros.
This year he has already scored three assists in the first days and several performances that have served to convince Calleja to give him his first opportunity. Villarreal • The young Nigerian winger will be on the list
Pearl Samu Chukwueze, before her debut
Samu Chukwueze, during the promotion phase to LaLiga 123 with Villarreal B. / Carme Ripolles /
BRAND
09/19/2018 | 16:54 CEST Víctor Franch Vila-real
 
Villarreal discovers a diamond: 'messianica' exhibition by Samu in San Mamés!
Villarreal

I knew the rough translation had some errors that's why I didn't post it here. ChrisKels u too like this Chukwueze boy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:44pm On Sep 19, 2018
Icon79:

FACT: Put those two teams (Barca and Madrid) in the EPL and EPL would become a two team league.
FACT: Since Alex Ferguson retired, the EPL has technically become a two team league (ManCity and Chelsea). When last did Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, and Spurs won anything?

O pari

What a joke! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:52pm On Sep 19, 2018
cc12:

I knew the rough translation had some errors that's why I didn't post it here. ChrisKels u too like this Chukwueze boy.

Yes oo, I love him because he once disgraced me in front of many(my babe inclusive) when he was called as a mercenary by the department of microbiology MOUAU. I played as a mercenary too with big hypes behind me as a left back. Lol the female fans were eager to see the so - called Macelo(chriskels) in action, bro it was a bad day in the office for me because I was pitched against this wizard. Shout out to my guy Doctore who recomended me for that match to av me shamed by a small boy.

One other reason I love him is because he is a poster boy of our own Diamond Football Academy umuahia. I also love him because the super eagles need a left footed right winger with bags of tricks. If he debuts for Villarreal in the Europa league and stays wt the first team in the laliga, then he should be called up against South Africa. I have my eyes on Seyi Ojo of Reims too as a left footed, right winger.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:04pm On Sep 19, 2018
forgiveness:

Man City kwa! grin

It seems kayode is still injured and you said he is now fit.

Cant find him in shaktar line up or bench
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:17pm On Sep 19, 2018
Icon79:

O pari

No,don't continue....I don't.have d time to argue with la liga fans..thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:21pm On Sep 19, 2018
U sef dey call am tega too? grin
forgiveness:

Anyone who says Tega is not good doesn't know football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 5:23pm On Sep 19, 2018
Paolo Gozzi Iweru another Nigerian star in the making. He is in Juventus youth team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:29pm On Sep 19, 2018
The players in question are as Nigerian as you. He is free to clamor for any player just as everyone has the freedom to argue for any player’s inclusion. When you clamor for your player nobody said yuo are trying to force them on us. Who is even “us”?

Danielnino00:

You are very funny... grin .. Perhaps u should organise a stand up comedy in the UK or Warri sometimes....

If the aforementioned players don't need the super eagles to boost their career,then why the hell.are u trying to force them down on us??

I mean. if they are really good,their chance of playing for England is. very high.. We all know.how much u look at the super eagles and NFF with disgust.. so why bother clamouring for the addition.of ur precious players in the team??

See Mr. Komekn its high time u come out clear about ur mission on this thread... I'm.not understanding it again...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:32pm On Sep 19, 2018
zuchyblink:
Paolo Gozzi Iweru another Nigerian star in the making. He is in Juventus youth team.

We talked about him some months back. He has played for Italy under 17.

https://www.nairaland.com/3018619/super-eagles-thread-russia-2018/3595#67731482
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:33pm On Sep 19, 2018
Our own diamond academy, umuahia. Mark this guy. The day I see you call forgiveness names I go join am descend on you.
grin

ChrisKels:

Yes oo, I love him because he once disgraced me in front of many(my babe inclusive) when he was called as a mercenary by the department of microbiology MOUAU. I played as a mercenary too with big hypes behind me as a left back. Lol the female fans were eager to see the so - called Macelo(chriskels) in action, bro it was a bad day in the office for me because I was pitched against this wizard. Shout out to my guy Doctore who recomended me for that match to av me shamed by a small boy.

One other reason I love him is because he is a poster boy of our own Diamond Football Academy umuahia. I also love him because the super eagles need a left footed right winger with bags of tricks. If he debuts for Villarreal in the Europa league and stays wt the first team in the laliga, then he should be called up against South Africa. I have my eyes on Seyi Ojo of Reims too as a left footed, right winger.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:34pm On Sep 19, 2018
Na photoshop abeg.
Danielnino00:

Everybody saw the photo of Pinnick meeting with Tammy, his brother and his dad...
abi na.Photoshop?/

I'm very sure if the whole Tammy saga hadn't happened u would have been singing ur usual egunje song....

Your hypocrisy really stinks to the heavens.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:36pm On Sep 19, 2018
Sinama Pangole. Something like that. Those players didn’t live up to expectations.

edi287:

Karimu Shuaibu. The flopped at the finals against france.
That French team had Le Tallic and the guy that played for liverpool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:38pm On Sep 19, 2018
He is great. In fact he is the best Nigerian forward ever. But he has chosen England.
O pari

forgiveness:

Anyone who says Tega is not good doesn't know football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 5:39pm On Sep 19, 2018
Icon79:
True. This Barca team is for real, bro. But I am still not sold on Ousame Dembele tho. He's a very talented player but, sometimes, his decision making leaves much to be desired. I foresee Velvarde switching back to 4-4-2 as the season goes on. In addition, I think Barca still need another top class striker. Suarez is getting old and slow

O pari

Suarez is getting fat and stupid angry

He does this because there is no responsibilty on him,whether we lose or draw the responsibilty is on Messi

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2018
I hope Samuel Chukwueze is not a winger, else we'll start exporting wingers to other countries

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4746) (4747) (4748) (4749) (4750) (4751) (4752) ... (16192) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.