Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11777345 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5269) (5270) (5271) (5272) (5273) (5274) (5275) ... (16192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:54am On Dec 22, 2018
Chai! Kelechi Promise Iheanacho!
You have suffered oo.. grin
From.being touted as the next big thing in Africa football to becoming an object of ridicule by some!!
How the mighty has fallen!!!

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:54am On Dec 22, 2018
komekn:

Ok he failed under Pep does it make any difference

You know it does and buy the way you can not call it fail. He did not get a steady run of games to tag it failing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:55am On Dec 22, 2018
bigblangston:

Very epic I tell you, it’s always a thing of joy to see you and Mikael2 going at it, I always look forward to those weekends after a Man city game so that you, Dr Mikael and goldfish80 will start, you have not been that frequent on this thread like before

Work has been hectic and taking a lot of my time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:57am On Dec 22, 2018
Danielnino00:

From the report I read about our friendly with Egypt, both teams have agreed to use their best players for the game so hopefully, fresh players are allowed to prosecute the Seychelles game... I want to see more of success in the gwg..but his lack of goals at Watford isn't encouraging.. He's playing well yes..but of what use is a striker question without goals unless he is playing a role the coach wants....

I have been defending success lack of goalsthis season ,but I think he need to start scoring ,yes he has been impressive but what is the use of a striker if not scoring goals just as you have said there.

Anyway expect more of ighalo in eagles jersey and expect less of success ,you already know who our coach is .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:00pm On Dec 22, 2018
komekn:

Remember the words l used. VERY VERSATILE.

Last game he played the No.9 role with excellent impact on the game. So you think KC will displace Antonio.

You think past emotive relationship with Pelligrini will get KC into West Ham❓ l really don't know but l will be very suprised.

You write displace as if that is Antonio's primary role. With a more preferred striker that fits the system, Pellegrini would not need to stress Antonio.

Gerrit.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 12:00pm On Dec 22, 2018
busky007:
dreams

See them. Kopites. YNWA.

cc Danielnino00
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:00pm On Dec 22, 2018
andrew444:

Sir komekn let me make this clear to you

If a player is not doing well say it without trying to bring the player down here ,I will always call such person a hater .

You said nacho no Epl team will come for nacho and you say championship at best and you want me to agree with you ? No

I will call you an hater for saying that ,but you believe Epl teams will rush solanke but you believe nacho is suited for the championship ,can you listen to your self you just can't hide the hate

I was making an example to the other guy with how Lucas Perez got westham move despite the Arsenal nightmare ,the guy is saying I am calling him a flop and he said I don't like Arsenal,very funny dude trying to twist things just like you .

Let me educate you guys on another example and on how you guys are haters .

Oumar niasse first joined Everton and managed few games and no goals due to being injured when signed from locomotive Moscow ,then new season started he was treated badly by Ronald Koeman and he was not even given a squad number and no locker in the locker room,the guy didn't play football for about 6 months but he earned a move to hull city in the Epl and this oumar niasse is not even an Epl proven goal scorer ,and you guys are here saying nacho will only get championship at best and you want me not to call you guys an hater ?

Now that other dude will come up with flimsy excuse and say I hate Everton just as he did earlier saying I hate Arsenal,lol

You guys are so funny and confused .

You are informed, conversant to a degree and clearly educated. Thar means you should be able to look at the EPL and know the attributes required for a striker.

Particularly when you are not in one of the top six teams in the EPL.

I know a lot about Niasse he got caught up in football politics by Koeman who wanted to bring in his own players ( deal matter) lt wasn't really about football.

He waa denied opportunity, however after going to Hull and excelling plus add to the fact he is the kind of player Sam Allardyce likes. THINGS DRAMATICALLY CHANGED for him.

One again you ate trying to compare the incomparable.

Look at Niasse and look at KC one is built ready made for the lower half of the EPL and the other is not.

Put in bluntly KC can not hold the line is not physically imposing, is unable to bully defenders and can't operate without support.

Finally his goal record is Abysmal over the past two seasons. You want to score goals will you buy a player who cannot score.

Please beeco think the matter wel, l U go take open eye buy bad market. Haba quarrel no deh.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:05pm On Dec 22, 2018
komekn:

You are informed, conversant to a degree and clearly educated. Thar means you should be able to look at the EPL and know the attributes required for a striker.

Particularly when you are not in one of the top six teams in the EPL.

I know a lot about Niasse he got caught up in football politics by Koeman who wanted to bring in his own players ( deal matter) lt wasn't really about football.

He waa denied opportunity, however after going to Hull and excelling plus add to the fact he is the kind of player Sam Allardyce likes. THINGS DRAMATICALLY CHANGED for him.

One again you ate trying to compare the incomparable.

Look at Niasse and look at KC one is built ready made for the lower half of the EPL and the other is not.

Put in bluntly KC can not hold the line is not physically imposing, is unable to bully defenders and can't operate without support.

Finally his goal record is Abysmal over the past two seasons. You want to score goals will you buy a player who cannot score.

Please beeco think the matter wel, l U go take open eye buy bad market. Haba quarrel no deh.

Lol what is the one saying self ?

But niasse that have no Epl goals went on loan at hull city .

Lucas Perez that has one Epl goal got westham move

And you say nacho is only suited for championship?

Anyway niasse is back to the bench this season behind richarlison and cenk tosun

I have already describe who you guys are,I can't say more than that

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 12:07pm On Dec 22, 2018
ChrisKels:
It will be ultra delusional to expect ineffectual Ighalo to deliver in the AFCON 2019. Like I always say, his showing against Libya is nothing buh a pig with lipsticks who is sure gonna go back to his usual self.

A battering ram like Emenike came from nowhere to carry the Eagles on his shoulders, gave us an Afcon ticket, won the Afcon for us, gave us a world cup ticket and served Osaze, on a platter the decisive goal that took us to the knockout Stages. Today, we are stuck with a certain misfiring guy in Ighalo who has been a mess in all the tourneys he has repped Nigeria, from the youth teams to the senior teams.

These guys would do better, if given the opportunities Ighalo has enjoyed;

Ebby Paul Onuachu
Stephen Odey
Isaac Success
Further down the list, I believe Maja can even hold his own

Ighalo has always proven to be a big embarrassment to the national team at any stage, in tournaments. The earlier we get rid of him, the better.

If someone says this about Iheanacho some people would go mad on this thread

Cc:Curtisaxel7
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:07pm On Dec 22, 2018
ChrisKels:
It will be ultra delusional to expect ineffectual Ighalo to deliver in the AFCON 2019. Like I always say, his showing against Libya is nothing buh a pig with lipsticks who is sure gonna go back to his usual self.

A battering ram like Emenike came from nowhere to carry the Eagles on his shoulders, gave us an Afcon ticket, won the Afcon for us, gave us a world cup ticket and served Osaze, on a platter the decisive goal that took us to the knockout Stages. Today, we are stuck with a certain misfiring guy in Ighalo who has been a mess in all the tourneys he has repped Nigeria, from the youth teams to the senior teams.

These guys would do better, if given the opportunities Ighalo has enjoyed;

Ebby Paul Onuachu
Stephen Odey
Isaac Success
Further down the list, I believe Maja can even hold his own

Ighalo has always proven to be a big embarrassment to the national team at any stage, in tournaments. The earlier we get rid of him, the better.

This is complete Balderdash you are getting carried away with prejudice and Negative bias.

The two strikers Odey and Paul are untested and unproven at higher level comparative to Ighalo.

Cam someone remind me how many goals Isaac Success had scored in three seasons in the EPL please and compare that to how many Ighalo scored.

Meanwhile Ighalo is still performing much better than the favoured poster boy KC.

So for now. Ighalo is remains numero 1 no contest.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:15pm On Dec 22, 2018
Mickael2:

Bros either you have selective amnesia or you are just arguing because you have an internet enabled device.

Komekn said no EPL club would sign Iheanacho right now(because of various factors) then you said even Perez was signed despite his nightmare at Arsenal (I wonder what your definition of nightmare is). Now Perez didn't have enough minutes to shine yet he scored goals, Iheanacho has been getting game times yet he has been poor so which EPL club will purchase him? Even after I went through the stress of explaining to you that after Iheanacho's last season at Man City, which was similar to Perez's season as stats can prove, that various clubs were still lining up for him but it won't be the case right now if he wants to leave Leicester you yet managed to call me a hater. Na me make mistake come dey argue with you sha

I agree some of these discussions are not the best.

But don't make the mistake of assuming that everyone is knowledgeable from the questions and remarks by some. You will understand the depth of educated illiteracy and l don't mean oga Andrew444.

So by discussing you are putting people in a position of knowledge and upgrading thier capacity to decipher and understand.

So don't stop.

Imagine people saying it's possible to fake age in Western Europe.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 12:17pm On Dec 22, 2018
Ighalo has scored more goals in the last two games than Iheanacho has scored this whole season grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:20pm On Dec 22, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Aguero and Dzeko started a lot of games together for Pellegrini. I wonder what you are trying to paint here. Pellegrini is known to favor two strikers. Even if he plays one striker, the amf will play advanced roles.

The word is simple and all you are typing can not change the simple fact.

"We let Jovetic and Dzeko go because I see Kelechi every day and know what he can do. I am very happy... Manuel Pellegrini.

Nwokem na wah for you

You are pushing us into history lesson now haba !!! Has ot come to this, Chei

How many years ago was that, football is a short term career. One season is OK two is history and three is archived. Unless each season strengthens your quality in continous consistent upwards progression then it's irrelevant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:22pm On Dec 22, 2018
Earthquake2:
Ighalo has scored more goals in the last two games than Iheanacho has scored this whole season grin

Please why do you want to use a sledge hammer to kil al mosquito. Gently oh nwayo nwayo.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:29pm On Dec 22, 2018
elyte89:

I disagree... Success has barely played a full 90min action with super eagles, let him play like two full matches b4 we decide to relegate him to nacho level if he doesn't perform.

I believe d likes of osimhen,odey,success shld b given more chance while nacho shld b excuse for now till he pick up his form cool

Osimhen and Odey possibly but not success he hasn't done anything this season, no goals, no call up.

Meanwhile Success was far from prolific in La Liga so it's no surprise. Striker that can not score can not be invited sorry.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:31pm On Dec 22, 2018
komekn:

Osimhen and Odey possibly but not success he hasn't done anything this season, no goals, no call up.

Meanwhile Success was far from prolific in La Liga so it's no surprise. Striker that can not score can not be invited sorry.

U will tell me whether u re rohr...if I slap u undecided

If u c his name in d next list,Coman remove it angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:45pm On Dec 22, 2018
komekn:

Then how did he got a record transfer to watford ?

He played as a winger in Granada and won several man of the match awards ,he was awarded Granada player of the season,he scored 5 goals from the flanks in laliga

Was richarlison prolific in watford? No ,he scored 5 goals in 38 Epl games

Now please can you ask why did Everton pay 35 million pounds for him

Lol ,komekn always trying bring players down ,smh

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 1:17pm On Dec 22, 2018
elyte89:

U will tell me whether u re rohr...if I slap u undecided

If u c his name in d next list,Coman remove it angry

This your love for success ehn?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:37pm On Dec 22, 2018
komekn:

This is complete Balderdash you are getting carried away with prejudice and Negative bias.

The two strikers Odey and Paul are untested and unproven at higher level comparative to Ighalo.

Cam someone remind me how many goals Isaac Success had scored in three seasons in the EPL please and compare that to how many Ighalo scored.

Meanwhile Ighalo is still performing much better than the favoured poster boy KC.

So for now. Ighalo is remains numero 1 no contest.

But the tested Ighalo remains unproven both at club level and the national team levels, in other words, he failed the tests woefully. Ighalo is nothing buh a championship tiger and an EPL pvssy cat. His ilks are Dwight Gayle, Ruddy Gestede, Lambert, Tammy Abraham etc. These are tier 2 strikers who only show some flashes in the lower divisions to dim off when the stake is raised a whit higher. The GWG is too big for that. He was a flash in the pan in the Epl, a colossal fiasco, hence he ran away to Asia in the Chinese league. Onuachu, Odey, Osimhen, Eduok all play in better leagues and have all been delivering, they deserve their chances ahead of the so called tested Ighalo that always chokes to death at the tourneys. Ighalo isnt what we need. Stop grasping at straws by making this look like KC versus Ighalo diss, bkus I have never at any time praised KC's profligacies in front of goal, I aint no big fan of his bkus to me, he is too predictable just like Ighalo. My options remain Onuachu, Success, Odey, Osimhen, Maja if he joins an epl team et al

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 2:16pm On Dec 22, 2018
SlayerForever:
I think Liverpool will drop points today.
how market grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 2:24pm On Dec 22, 2018
komekn:

Ok he failed under Pep does it make any difference

Solanke is waste man and he is a failure at Liverpool

Tammy Abraham is a waste man and a failure at Chelsea and Swansea

Lookman is a waste man and fastened with seat belt on Everton's bench

Josh Maja is a waste man and a failure in the championship for 3 seasons now

Iheanacho has scored more EPL career goals than all these four waste men combined

Wait for it

Iheanacho is home born while these four waste men are foreign born

No wonder the hate is over the rooftop

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 2:32pm On Dec 22, 2018
Danielnino00:

From the report I read about our friendly with Egypt, both teams have agreed to use their best players for the game so hopefully, fresh players are allowed to prosecute the Seychelles game... I want to see more of success in the gwg..but his lack of goals at Watford isn't encouraging.. He's playing well yes..but of what use is a striker question without goals unless he is playing a role the coach wants....

Gone are the days where the sole purpose of a Striker was to score goals. Football has advanced way beyond that.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:56pm On Dec 22, 2018
Ohhh this argument don tire me. Can we leave KC, Solanke and all the non performing players alone. They shouldn’t be making the headlines here.

To a other relevant news. Who would have thought auba will tear thr EPL up? Can’t wait to see Iwobi and Saka suit up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:19pm On Dec 22, 2018
iwobi goal

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 3:19pm On Dec 22, 2018
Alex Iwobi just killed off the Burnley game.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:20pm On Dec 22, 2018
Iwobi issa goaalll

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:21pm On Dec 22, 2018
Joebie:
Ohhh this argument don tire me. Can we leave KC, Solanke and all the non performing players alone. They shouldn’t be making the headlines here.

To a other relevant news. Who would have thought auba will tear thr EPL up? Can’t wait to see Iwobi and Saka suit up.

Not suprised by aubameyang,expecting him to even get 30 goals

If you are good you are good no matter the league ,some people will say aubameyang will not score much in the Epl that it's not Germany

Aubameyang is world class ,this is the type of striker worth 70million not average players like Alvaro Fraudrata
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 3:21pm On Dec 22, 2018
Leicester city vs Chelsea

Ndidi starts, Iheanacho on the bench
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 3:21pm On Dec 22, 2018
Iwobi steals a goal. Woohoo! grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by austineaddy: 3:22pm On Dec 22, 2018
Finally cry cry

SlayerForever:
Iwobi steals a goal. Woohoo! grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:22pm On Dec 22, 2018
Thank God iwobi scored before those people will come and say he has not improve ,this should be his second Epl goal this season

(1) (2) (3) ... (5269) (5270) (5271) (5272) (5273) (5274) (5275) ... (16192) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.