Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,254 members, 7,836,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11784567 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5355) (5356) (5357) (5358) (5359) (5360) (5361) ... (16195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:45pm On Jan 10, 2019
Edopesin:
Ex-Germany U20 Skipper Akpoguma : Rohr Wants
Me To Play For Nigeria Over Germany
Published: January 09, 2019

Hannover 96 defender Kevin Akpoguma has
refused to change his mind on his decision
not to accept a call-up up from the Nigerian
Federation, saying his priority is to make his
senior debut for his country of birth,
Germany.

Since 2014, Akpoguma has been on the radar
of the Nigeria Football Federation and
national teams coaching staff.
Former Nigeria U23 coach Samson Siasia first
invited him to a training camp in Abuja in
December 2014 ahead of the 2016 Olympic
Games but the central defender snubbed his
invitation.

Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr has
repeatedly expressed his interest in Akpoguma
and the German tactician was unable to
persuade Akpoguma to play for the Super
Eagles at the 2018 World Cup.

Speaking to German sports magazine Kicker,
Akpoguma stated : ''Gernot Rohr is still
interested and would be happy, but I do not
want to close the door to the German national
team.
"Even if Joachim Löw calls me at the age of
27 for a game or two, that would be an honor
for me, because Germany is the winkcountry
where I was born."

Akpoguma has collected 64 youth caps for
Germany at U16, U17, U18, U19, U20 and U21
level.

"Lo ba tan"
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:47pm On Jan 10, 2019
Joebie:
Even a Ghanaian hotel won a continental award. Another won a regional award.

Self esteem dey worri you. I swear.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 12:51pm On Jan 10, 2019
komekn:

First of all THERE IS NO EMBARRASSMENT players reject and accept and change allegiance after playing some friendlies.

Look at Costa that rejected Brazil look at the National outcry. Then even Zaha left England for Cote De Viore.

There are mannerisms and cultures in Europe and in England in particular. No player already playing for one country will talk about playing for another without being approached. Nobody wants to be publicly shamefully embarrassed with rejection.

I have said this a thousand times, the NFF needs to create relationship with players even just on potential. That's a failing of the NFF.

Consider that the NFF was engaging with Ademola Lookman, Chuks Aneke, Josh Maja, Ebere Eze and was in the front seat but then decided to ignore them.

Tega Abrahams was in a very contentious position dammed if he did dammed if he didn't. Tega has played for England from day one as a youth, once Amaju with his Warri bravado started making public declaration about Tega he basically shot himself in the foot.

Huge amounts of pressure was placed on him. That whole scenario would have effected his football career in the negative if he had chosen Nigeria.

Similar with Dominic Iorfa he needed to first of all finish playing youth football for England and sort out his long term future with a good contract before committing to Nigeria . Once he had done that he made allegiance to Nigeria.

Indeed Rohr visited him it was all very positive then all of s sudden NFF started doing double standard Maradona.

So that generalistic negative one shoe fits all is nonsense.

I know several Nigerian origin players in the UK who have made quite affirmation to the NFF but have been snubbed. I know others who have been invited but further invitations hinged on showing monetary gratuity to shameless NFF officials and yes coaches.

So it's not just one way traffic the NFF still has a lot of Salisu's.

Who and who have made such affirmation in Uk? I don't need names of Academy players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 12:53pm On Jan 10, 2019
komekn:

There is a clear double standard, don't you think ❓ Akpoguma, Uduokhai and Jordan Torunarigha are three players the NFF have pursued relentlessly who have shown public disinterest from the start. But Iorfa who has shown public interest from the start we rejected or pushed aside.

Akpoguma has been honourable and very open and unambiguous throughout. He simply was never interested he made that clear in the beginning.

However, we still continued to pursue him relentlessly, Why ❓

All three of the German defenders can not be said to be better than Dominic Iorfa.

Where is he now? I mean Dominic Iorfa..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 12:55pm On Jan 10, 2019
Joebie and forgiveness, keep it up, am enjoying the beautiful show tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:59pm On Jan 10, 2019
Utonwanne:
Joebie and forgiveness, keep it up, am enjoying the beautiful show tongue

Hehehe! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:13pm On Jan 10, 2019
You had said Nigerian hotels are winning awards ahead of Egyptian hotels. That’s a lie. More Egyptian hotels have been intentionally recognized till date. There is a reason for the categories. Meaning you are making comparisons based on the category of the hotel. Fraser hotels can serve certain purposes but not all purposes. But the fact that the the hotels in Egypt covered a wider range of categories that clearly paints the picture
of who is clearly ahead in terms of hospitality. Same can be said when we move to other infrastructure. Your earlier statement was very misleading. Congrats to Fraser regardless (But what happened in 2018? Past glory)

Only small people take arguments personal and resorts to personal insults. It is clear who has an issue with self esteem from our long argument.

The Cairo international airport which u have been trying to downgrade is the 2nd largest airport in Africa and has gotten multiple norminations in the World Travel Awards. We dey talk of airport that has been in top standard for over a decade now. What reputation does Abuja airport have besides winning the best airport in terms of improvement in safety? Make we talk truth. We are still trying to get things together. These countries are ahead of us.

https://www.worldtravelawards.com/profile-306-cairo-international-airport

forgiveness:

Does it change the fact that you don't know anything?

Did these hotels win World travel awards?

Did they win at the global stage?

Let me see if you can comprehend at all with this snapshot.

Give it up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:18pm On Jan 10, 2019
Mickael2:

In a better society I wouldn't have to be wasting my vote on candidates like Atiku and/or Buhari, total failures they are and they have shown that over and again. However as it is now we have to decide between the two, we essentially run a two party system in Nigeria, Moghalu is just like an independent candidate in the US, winning is impossible.

Down to the points he raised, it is nonsensical that our president actually said that he makes appointments based on the people ' he trusts'. No no no, merit is not in his dictionary, only trust. At the end of the day you can only trust people you know and have worked with and that at the end of the day means we sacrifice merit on the altar of tribalism and all what not. OK let's say you appoint your ministers based on the people you trust I may not argue, but agencies, civil service and the military have a genuine structure that self-elects the top officials of such agencies based on years of outstanding performance and meritorious service. Why will you come in and bypass military personnel with proven track records just because you want to appoint who you trust, not because they are functioning well but because you trust that they will never stand against you. That is the sorry state of our country now.

Then I would say that the moderator isn't exactly intelligent. Moghalu mentioned that one of the chief causes of insecurity is lack of proper security at the boarders and somehow she brought him back to the fact that our problems are inborn. OK I want to ask if you decide to start shouting in your room from today till tomorrow what will change? But when you have access to the sophisticated weapons that these terrorists have then or is either it was imported or our military structure has been totally compromised. In America you can track the owner of a gun, makes it totally easy to limit crime. But here we don't know how they come about these guns, the first step has to be to secure our boarders, nothing illegal comes in then if they still have access to these weapons then we will know that the military is the problem and then tackle that one.

Finally this present fight against corruption is a scam, a major scam. Now let me ask you, if you earn 30k a month and you have a nasal issue, say nasal polyps and the surgery required would cost nothing less than 300k in a standard private hospital and you already know that there is absolutely no health insurance for you, if, say you work in a scholarship board, and someone comes to you in that period with a bribe of 300k wouldn't you collect it? I personally wouldn't but if you collect it then you have absolutely every right to. How can you be fighting corruption when the common man doesn't have access to three square meals a day? Stealing and corruption then becomes a necessity to survive. Corruption can only be defeated in a well developed economy, you can't leave the standard of living of the people and then start fighting corruption it is a total scam.

Like I said in a standard society, the main flag bearers should be guys like Moghalu, Peter Obi and Osibanjo and the fact that we have to be choosing between Buhari and Atiku shoes where we will remain in four years time

U finish work here. Lets see if Buhari would turn up on their day even though we know Osibanjo is definitely gonna be the mouthpiece.

I will reiterate, in a sane clime, Osibanjo, Obi, Moghalu and their ilks would be running mates or the main guys not the likes of Buhari and Atiku

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:18pm On Jan 10, 2019
Thy are all better than Iorfa. “Present continuous” — remember?
komekn:

There is a clear double standard, don't you think ❓ Akpoguma, Uduokhai and Jordan Torunarigha are three players the NFF have pursued relentlessly who have shown public disinterest from the start. But Iorfa who has shown public interest from the start we rejected or pushed aside.

Akpoguma has been honourable and very open and unambiguous throughout. He simply was never interested he made that clear in the beginning.

However, we still continued to pursue him relentlessly, Why ❓

All three of the German defenders can not be said to be better than Dominic Iorfa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:21pm On Jan 10, 2019
Does the mention of Ghana bother u really? U know this would have been very ugly if not that I intentionally ignored ur personal insults since yesterday. I’m above that.
forgiveness:

Self esteem dey worri you. I swear.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JoebieII: 2:25pm On Jan 10, 2019
Cc Utonwanne (our cheering spectator)

Let me give you more reason to insult me Mr. Forgiveness since u don't like the mention of Ghana.

Firstly let me correct my previous post. The first snapshot is the awards for 2017, which returned six results for Nigeria, not zero as I earlier erroneously said.
Take note of your Fraser Suites -- the global award for the category of "LUXURY BUSINESS SERVICED APARTMENTS" (pretty specific category)

The second snapshot for same year 2017, which returned many results, I used the search word, "LUXURY BUSINESS HOTEL", a category Fraser also won, but country award (not regional, not continental, not global) and noticed a hotel in Ghana beat them to that in the continent. How about that? Same hotel!

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:40pm On Jan 10, 2019
Mikel Obi is coming back.

He posted a pic of himself in the super eagles jersey on instagram with the caption: I can't wait.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2019
G
Curtisaxel7:

Holy Christ Almighty! What the hell is this?.
This is a big slap on the face of Gernot Rohr, the NFF, and every single Nigerian on earth. From today onward, no FB should be approached unless he first declares for the SE. For Bleep's sake this average dude just spat on the Green white Green flag!. Let us play with what we have. Even if it means playing with a 100% local based team. If we perish we perish.

Mr Komekn, how's this for a NATIONAL EMBARRASSEMENT?
gbam, gbamer, gbamest.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 2:57pm On Jan 10, 2019
tbaba1234:
Mikel Obi is coming back.

He posted a pic of himself in the super eagles jersey on instagram with the caption: I can't wait.

Bring the picture here haba
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 3:04pm On Jan 10, 2019
kellycute:
Ggbam, gbamer, gbamest.

My chairman

grin grin grin grin,dis will b d 1st time,I would c baba contribute to dis thread wout nacho been mentioned/attacked grin,nice one baba,we re getting dere
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JoebieII: 3:09pm On Jan 10, 2019
https://www.worldtravelawards.com/winners/2018/africa

@forgiveness , Mickael2
Make up whatever you want from this. We are not even going to talk about airports, airlines etc.
You can either choose to believe what you want to believe or accept the truth.

This is a Nigeria VS Egypt list for the World Travel Awards 2018 (Hotels only)

1. Africa's Leading Hotel Suite -- 1 NOMINATION: (No Nigerian Hotel)
Presidential Suite @ Savoy Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt

2. Africa's Leading Hotel Residences 2018-- 2 NOMINATIONS: (No Nigerian Hotel)
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, Egypt

3. Africa's Leading Hotel 2018 (MORE GENERAL CATEGORY) -- 2 NOMINATIONS: (No Nigerian Hotel)
Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza, Egypt

4. Africa's Leading Green Hotel 2018 -- 1 NOMINATION: (No Nigerian Hotel)
Hilton Hurghada Plaza, Egypt

5. Africa's Leading Conference Hotel 2018 -- 3 NOMINATIONS: (No Nigerian Hotel)
InterContinental Citystars Cairo, Egypt
JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, Egypt

6. Africa's Leading City Hotel 2018 -- 0 NOMINATION: (No Egyptian Hotel)
Transcorp Hilton Abuja, Nigeria

7. Africa's Leading Business Hotel 2018 -- 2 NOMINATIONS for Egypt
Transcorp Hilton Abuja, Nigeria (WINNER)
Conrad Cairo, Egypt
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:10pm On Jan 10, 2019
Akpoguma said, i'd prefer to play for Germany. Where is the embarassment??

The Nigerian national team should continue to seek the best talents, local or foreign to improve the team.

The goal is to make the team better and that must override hurt feelings that come when a dual citizen player is more attached to one of his countries.

Afterall, players have expressed undying love for Nigeria but we refused to invite them. Hungary did not say, because you rejected us once, the door is now closed.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:11pm On Jan 10, 2019
tbaba1234:
Top class goal by Kalu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oirp2ciF2TE

This boy sha love R2(curlers). This is reminiscent of, and even better than his golazo against Libya.

This attacking prospect gives me joy;

Kalu............Osimhen.............Chukwueze
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 3:19pm On Jan 10, 2019
elyte89:

My chairman

grin grin grin grin,dis will b d 1st time,I would c baba contribute to dis thread wout nacho been mentioned/attacked grin,nice one baba,we re getting dere

I swear. grin.

Once I saw Kelly's moniker, I started checking to see whether I had inadvertently mentioned Nacho somewhere in the post. grin.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:20pm On Jan 10, 2019
U guys sha are funny, u said Nigeria is fit to host Afcon yet u can't boast of working inter - state rail lines, good roads both within and inter - state, proper security etc etc. Maybe, u all think it takes only the stadiums to host a tourney. Even the stadiums down here aint in good conditions.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:21pm On Jan 10, 2019
Joebie:
You had said Nigerian hotels are winning awards ahead of Egyptian hotels. That’s a lie. More Egyptian hotels have been intentionally recognized till date. There is a reason for the categories. Meaning you are making comparisons based on the category of the hotel. Fraser hotels can serve certain purposes but not all purposes. But the fact that the the hotels in Egypt covered a wider range of categories that clearly paints the picture
of who is clearly ahead in terms of hospitality. Same can be said when we move to other infrastructure. Your earlier statement was very misleading. Congrats to Fraser regardless (But what happened in 2018? Past glory)

Only small people take arguments personal and resorts to personal insults. It is clear who has an issue with self esteem from our long argument.

The Cairo international airport which u have been trying to downgrade is the 2nd largest airport in Africa and has gotten multiple norminations in the World Travel Awards. We dey talk of airport that has been in top standard for over a decade now. What reputation does Abuja airport have besides winning the best airport in terms of improvement in safety? Make we talk truth. We are still trying to get things together. These countries are ahead of us.

https://www.worldtravelawards.com/profile-306-cairo-international-airport

Since you are quick to tag Fraser hotel 2017 award past glory, is it not convenient to say Egypt's hotels are past glory? If not show me any Egyptian hotel that has won world luxury hotels award, world travel awards, etc in 2018. Let see if you will still grasp for straw.

As it stands, Nigeria's hotels are winning these awards ahead of Egypt's hotels. Gbam!

Note; I don't want restaurant or food categories awards.

Comparing ACI award with WTA is like comparing FIFA categories awards to CAF categories awards. Fela say 'no bi saaaamu category ooooo.. cati..go..... category...'

ACI award is the zenith in aviation industry. I say you no sabi anything.

Abuja won the ACI award in 2018 ahead of Cairo international airport.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 3:23pm On Jan 10, 2019
ChrisKels:

This boy sha love R2(curlers). This is reminiscent of, and even better than his golazo against Libya.

This attacking prospect gives me joy;

Kalu............Osimhen.............Chukwueze

Chukwueze is a left footer. Shift him to RWF.

Kalu is a right footer. Shift him to LWF.

Ighalo is our sweetest CF option at the moment. Replace Osimhen with him.

There you have it. Attacking trio of life!. grin.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2019
JoebieII:
https://www.worldtravelawards.com/winners/2018/africa

@forgiveness , Mickael2
Make up whatever you want from this. We are not even going to talk about airports, airlines etc.
You can either choose to believe what you want to believe or accept the truth.

This is a Nigeria VS Egypt list for the World Travel Awards 2018 (Hotels only)

1. Africa's Leading Hotel Suite -- 1 NOMINATION: (No Nigerian Hotel)
Presidential Suite @ Savoy Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt

2. Africa's Leading Hotel Residences 2018-- 2 NOMINATIONS: (No Nigerian Hotel)
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt

3. Africa's Leading Hotel 2018 (MORE GENERAL CATEGORY) -- 2 NOMINATIONS: (No Nigerian Hotel)

4. Africa's Leading Green Hotel 2018 -- 1 NOMINATION: (No Nigerian Hotel)
Hilton Hurghada Plaza, Egypt

5. Africa's Leading Conference Hotel 2018 -- 3 NOMINATIONS: (No Nigerian Hotel)
InterContinental Citystars Cairo, Egypt
JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, Egypt

6. Africa's Leading City Hotel 2018 -- 0 NOMINATION: (No Egyptian Hotel)
Transcorp Hilton Abuja, Nigeria

7. Africa's Leading Business Hotel 2018 -- 2 NOMINATIONS for Egypt
Transcorp Hilton Abuja, Nigeria (WINNER)
Conrad Cairo, Egypt

Wake me up when they win one in 2018. *Yawn* I am trying to catch some sleep.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:29pm On Jan 10, 2019
Nigeria has zero infrastructure. It is just facts. We have a long way to go to meet up with some African countries much less outside Africa.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 3:34pm On Jan 10, 2019
tbaba1234:
Akpoguma said, i'd prefer to play for Germany. Where is the embarassment??

The Nigerian national team should continue to seek the best talents, local or foreign to improve the team.

The goal is to make the team better and that must override hurt feelings that come when a dual citizen player is more attached to one of his countries.

Afterall, players have expressed undying love for Nigeria but we refused to invite them. Hungary did not say, because you rejected us once, the door is now closed.

D embarrassing statement dere is...even @ 27 years...if leow gives me 1 or 2 call ups,I will consider it as a fulfilled career dan playing for Nigeria whom re willing to him a chance at a lower age cool......meaning to him,its better to av just 1 or 2 career games with Germany dan playing more dan 60career games(even with trophies if possible) with Nigeria, dude dt statement is embarrassing undecided

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:42pm On Jan 10, 2019
elyte89:

D embarrassing statement dere is...even @ 27 years...if leow gives me 1 or 2 call ups,I will be consider it as a fulfilled career dan Nigeria given me a chance at a lower age cool......meaning to him,its better to av just 1 career game with Germany dan playing for Nigeria having more dan 60career games(even with trophies if possible), dude dt statement is embarrassing undecided

Otigba said a similar thing. He said he wanted to wear the Nigerian jersey even if it was just once. He even rejected an invite from Hungary, waiting for Nigeria. And it was not as if the defenders in the team at the time were better than him.

Hungary have called him now and he has accepted. They did not hold his outright rejection against him. They were not embarassed that he will rather represent Nigeria just once than accept an invite from Hungary.

The overall goal is to improve the team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:56pm On Jan 10, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

Chukwueze is a left footer. Shift him to RWF.

Kalu is a right footer. Shift him to LWF.

Ighalo is our sweetest CF option at the moment. Replace Osimhen with him.

There you have it. Attacking trio of life!. grin.

Seems u stock in ancient style of football. This age of soccer, wingers are played opposite their preferred foot unless u have a Drogba who feeds on crosses. Kalu wouldn't have scored those curlers with his left foot if he was played on the right hand side. Salah, Ronaldo, Chukwueze, Ojo, Balde etc wouldnt give u 100 percent playing on the wings that literarily corresponds with their preffered foot. Modern wingers, otherwise known as inverted wingers are required to cut in most of the time to score, lift the ball for the strikers or give defense splitting passes. Whipping in crosses ala the eras of Finidi aint really no sine-qua-nons of a good winger(s) today.

About Osimhen, plz eschew my posts whenever u wanna quote for quoting sake bkus I love quotes when u really have something to say. I wrote "prospect" and u drawing comparisons. Was that word and in the context it was used, really that hard to fathom?

Modified; the post already have them as u suggested abi u no notice?

Kalu...........Osimhen.......... Chukwueze

..................Iwobi....................

..........Mikel........ Ndidi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:56pm On Jan 10, 2019
I have posted the awards won by Egypt in 2018 already. The facts is clear.

I also listed the nominations for 2018 in another post. They didn’t win any but were in contention in most hotel categories. What does that tell you? How many nominations did a Nigerian hotel get? How many Nigerian hotels were nominated? Are u paying attention to the categories in each case?

You are still on this ACI case. Okay, did you read the description of the award Abuja airport won? It’s not neceaaarily the best airport in terms of safety but the best improved airport in safety. Are u telling me u didn’t get what I said earlier or you are simply pretending?

forgiveness:

Since you are quick to tag Fraser hotel 2017 award past glory, is it not convenient to say Egypt's hotels are past glory? If not show me any Egyptian hotel that has won world luxury hotels award, world travel awards, etc in 2018. Let see if you will still grasp for straw.

As it stands, Nigeria's hotels are winning these awards ahead of Egypt's hotels. Gbam!

Note; I don't want restaurant or food categories awards.

Comparing ACI award with WTA is like comparing FIFA categories awards to CAF categories awards. Fela say 'no bi saaaamu category ooooo.. cati..go..... category...'

ACI award is the zenith in aviation industry. I say you no sabi anything.

Abuja won the ACI award in 2018 ahead of Cairo international airport.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 3:59pm On Jan 10, 2019
elyte89:

My chairman

lol. Your statement is nothing but negative and emotive prejudice. Don’t let me komeknalize you oo lol.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 4:01pm On Jan 10, 2019
ChrisKels:

Seems u stock in ancient style of football. This age of soccer, wingers are played opposite their preferred foot unless u have a Drogba who feeds on crosses. Kalu wouldn't have scored those curlers with his left foot if he was played on the right hand side. Salah, Ronaldo, Chukwueze, Ojo, Balde etc wouldnt give u 100 percent playing on the wings that literarily corresponds with their preffered foot. Modern wingers, otherwise known as inverted wingers are required to cut in most of the time to score, lift the ball for the strikers or give defense splitting passes. Whipping in crosses ala the eras of Finidi aint really no sine-qua-nons of a good winger(s) today.

Are you sure you read my post at all before commenting?. Now please go back and read it again. Slowly this time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JoebieII: 4:06pm On Jan 10, 2019
forgiveness do a simple google search ACI awards Cairo International Airport. Read very carefully why this award is given and get it for once.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5355) (5356) (5357) (5358) (5359) (5360) (5361) ... (16195) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ppogbae, Meliforme, Koboko99(m), gamaliel9, mank1234(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.