Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,192 members, 7,835,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11782898 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5356) (5357) (5358) (5359) (5360) (5361) (5362) ... (16195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 10, 2019
tbaba1234:
Nigeria has zero infrastructure. It is just facts. We have a long way to go to meet up with some African countries much less outside Africa.
since we were able to host the u17 worldcup,afcon back then,what makes u think we won't be able to host it again if given prior notice?

Or are u trying to tell me it was a fluke, or u went to tell me there is no development infrastructural and otherwise since we last hosted those.

Nigeria that hosted world economic forum where world and powerful leaders converged for 4-5 days meeting forum, ordinary afcon u re saying we can't host.

What's there in fixing bad roads,? The federal government fixed road leading to fela shrine withing 2 days when French president macron visited the place.

Well, I don't expect much since prophets doesn't prophesize in his hometown.

All am tryna say is that if we giving the hosting rights,Nigeria will host it smoothly without any hindrance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:10pm On Jan 10, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

Are you sure you read my post at all before commenting?. Now please go back and read it again. Slowly this time.

Just realised u re-echoed the message, hence I modified. Sorry I misconstrued ur post.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JoebieII: 4:11pm On Jan 10, 2019
This is 2018.
Four continental award recognitions. How many did Nigerian Hotel get in the same year?

forgiveness:

Wake me up when they win one in 2018. *Yawn* I am trying to catch some sleep.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JoebieII: 4:12pm On Jan 10, 2019
Let me help you Mr. forgiveness before you go to sleep. NONE

Oga Forgiveness. This is 2018 not 2017. and it's regional award not continental or global. Just one regional out of Egypt's 4 Continental award in 2018. wahala dey o

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:14pm On Jan 10, 2019
Joebie:
I have posted the awards won by Egypt in 2018 already. The facts is clear.

I also listed the nominations for 2018 in another post. They didn’t win any but were in contention in most hotel categories. What does that tell you? How many nominations did a Nigerian hotel get? How many Nigerian hotels were nominated? Are u paying attention to the categories in each case?

You are still on this ACI case. Okay, did you read the description of the award Abuja airport won? It’s not neceaaarily the best airport in terms of safety but the best improved airport in safety. Are u telling me u didn’t get what I said earlier or you are simply pretending?

Show me. I know Egypt 'hotel' didn't win any of those awards in 2018 else show me. Like you said, anything 2017 down na past glory.

For your information, Safety award is one. Winning it means the best in safety. Currently, Abuja international airport is better than Cairo international airport. Fact.

We are not talking about past glory here.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:15pm On Jan 10, 2019
krattoss:
since we were able to host the u17 worldcup,afcon back then,what makes u think we won't be able to host it again if given prior notice?

Or are u trying to tell me it was a fluke, or u went to tell me there is no development infrastructural and otherwise since we last hosted those.

Nigeria that hosted world economic forum where world and powerful leaders converged for 4-5 days meeting forum, ordinary afcon u re saying we can't host.

What's there in fixing bad roads,? The federal government fixed road leading to fela shrine withing 2 days when French president macron visited the place.

Well, I don't expect much since prophets doesn't prophesize in his hometown.

The bolded is the message and the reason we aint fit to bid for it now unlike countries like SA, Morocco, Algeria and of course Egypt who just won the right.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 10, 2019
ChrisKels:

The bolded is the message and the reason we aint fit to bid for it now unlike countries like SA, Morocco, Algeria and of course Egypt who just won the right.
5 months is enough for Nigeria that I know to put everything in place for the mini mundial .
Y'all talking like afcon is some world cup or Olympics.

What's there to host afcon sef if I may ask?.
Little afcon that gets snubbed by most global TV channels.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 4:22pm On Jan 10, 2019
ChrisKels:

Just realised u re-echoed the message, hence I modified. Sorry I misconstrued ur post.

I don't see what is confusing about the post. It was very straight forward.

Maybe next time you should try to actually read and digest people's posts and articles before reacting to them. It will do you a lot of good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JoebieII: 4:23pm On Jan 10, 2019
You mean even with the link I gave you, you couldn't do a simple search with "Egypt" under 2018 awards?

The ACI award was given to Cairo International airport for the same reason -- the strides you have made in improving safety measures. I could be better than you in safety, but I was in the same place the previous year. just because you made drastic improvement from your previous state you can be given the award. Just a little bit of sincerity on your part will end this discussion.
forgiveness:

Show me. I know Egypt 'hotel' didn't win any of those awards in 2018 else show me. Like you said, anything 2017 down na past glory.

For your information, Safety award is one. Winning it means the best in safety. Currently, Abuja international airport is better than Cairo international airport. Fact.

We are not talking about past glory here.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:24pm On Jan 10, 2019
JoebieII:
This is 2018.
Four continental award recognitions. How many did Nigerian Hotel get in the same year?

All those hotel didn't win anything in hotel categories in 2018 save spa and restaurants. Nothing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:31pm On Jan 10, 2019
JoebieII:
You mean even with the link I gave you, you couldn't do a simple search with "Egypt" under 2018 awards?

The ACI award was given to Cairo International airport for the same reason -- the strides you have made in improving safety measures. I could be better than you in safety, but I was in the same place the previous year. just because you made drastic improvement from your previous state you can be given the award. Just a little bit of sincerity on your part will end this discussion.

I have done hence my conclusion. They don't have. Prove me wrong with captions of 2018 written boldly on whatever snapshot you get on those hotels.

Oga! If you don't know mellow. ACI safety award is one and Abuja international airport won it ahead of Cairo international airport in 2018. Meaning, it's better than Cairo international airport dwelling on past glory. Accept this fact and move on. Chikena!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JoebieII: 4:32pm On Jan 10, 2019
what? Luxury Hotel Awards that I just sent you a snapshot of? 4 Continental Awards in 2018!

If you are talking about World Travel Awards, I had just said Egyptian hotels got the most nominations covering more categories than any Nigerian hotel. Even in the more general category of "Africa's Leading Hotel" an Egyptian hotel got a mention. We won in the business category. And that's it.. I already posted the list. Stop pretending.

forgiveness:

All those hotel didn't win anything in hotel categories in 2018 save spa and restaurants. Nothing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JoebieII: 4:33pm On Jan 10, 2019
hahahaha. Closing your eyes to the clear fact. Why don't u post all your snapshots of the Abuja ACI awards let's read the description. I wish you loved the truth. Unfortunately...

Go back to the luxury award link and do a simple search under 2018 awards search "Egypt"

forgiveness:

I have done hence my conclusion. They don't have. Prove me wrong with captions of 2018 written boldly on whatever snapshot you get on those hotels.

Oga! If you don't know mellow. ACI safety award is one and Abuja international airport won it ahead of Cairo international airport in 2018. Meaning, it's better than Cairo international airport dwelling on past glory. Accept this fact and move on. Chikena!

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:34pm On Jan 10, 2019
krattoss:
5 months is enough for Nigeria that I know to put everything in place for the mini mundial .
Y'all talking like afcon is some world cup or Olympics.

What's there to host afcon sef if I may ask?.
Little afcon that gets snubbed by most global TV channels.

Good thing u said the Nigerian u know bkus the Nigerian we all know is the master of abandoned projects, and is as slow as fvck in executing projects. The sin city(owerri) for instance has good enough hotels to accommodate teams to use the Enyimba stadium buh which road would they ply to Aba abi na flight dem go board? Enugu has good roads buh which stadium would they use, Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium? And u think these things could be taken care of in 5months by this same Nigeria we know?

Hmmm ndewo nwanne mmadu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:36pm On Jan 10, 2019
JoebieII:
Let me help you Mr. forgiveness before you go to sleep. NONE

Modified
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:38pm On Jan 10, 2019
ChrisKels:

Good thing u said the Nigerian u know bkus the Nigerian we all know is the master of abandoned projects, and is as slow as fvck in executing projects. The sin city(owerri) for instance has good enough hotels to accommodate teams to use the Enyimba stadium buh which road would they ply to Aba abi na flight dem go board? Enugu has good roads buh which stadium would they use, Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium? And u think these things could be taken care of in 5months by this same Nigeria we know?

Hmmm ndewo nwanne mmadu

Na who tell you say Aba no get hotel? Na wa for una ooo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 10, 2019
ChrisKels:

Good thing u said the Nigerian u know bkus the Nigerian we all know is the master of abandoned projects, and is as slow as fvck in executing projects. [b]The sin city owerri[/b]for instance has good enough hotels to accommodate teams to use the Enyimba stadium buh which road would they ply to Aba abi na flight dem to board? Enugu has good roads buh which stadium would they use, Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium? And u think these things could be taking care of in 5months by this same Nigeria we know?

Hmmm ndewo nwanne mmadu
owerri has good hotels,fixing roads won't be a problem. Just give it a budget and award the contracts.
Owerri to porthacourt road isn't that bad{adokiye stadium). PH got some good hotels thoor.
Nnamdi stadium can be worked on.those things are small challenge.
@bolded..the only sin city I know is las vegas cheesy
O town is simply ngwori city u can call it and not sin city.

Ndewo nke GI kwa wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:44pm On Jan 10, 2019
JoebieII:
what? Luxury Hotel Awards that I just sent you a snapshot of? 4 Continental Awards in 2018!

If you are talking about World Travel Awards, I had just said Egyptian hotels got the most nominations covering more categories than any Nigerian hotel. Even in the more general category of "Africa's Leading Hotel" an Egyptian hotel got a mention. We won in the business category. And that's it.. I already posted the list. Stop pretending.

You are still relying on Google that failed to show you Fraser suites hotel won the award in the GLOBAL category. It has failed you again. Give it up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 10, 2019
Victor Moses on the verge of joining Fulham before this week runs out.

Sarri played 3-5-2 at Empoli

What if he decides to revert to the formation.

Wish him the best in his career.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:58pm On Jan 10, 2019
krattoss:
owerri has good hotels,fixing roads won't be a problem. Just give it a budget and award the contracts.
Owerri to porthacourt road isn't that bad{adokiye stadium). PH got some good hotels thoor.
Nnamdi stadium can be worked on.those things are small challenge.
@bolded..the only sin city I know is las vegas cheesy
O town is simply ngwori city u can call it and not sin city.

Ndewo nke GI kwa wink

Owerri to PH u said? Via Ohaji Egbema abi via the ENUGU-PH xpress way? PH has good enough hotels and woudnt necessarily rely on her neighboring States to host her visitors. Aba and umuahia have good hotels too buh are the hotels of CAF standards? I know lots of hotels in owerri that are up to standard buh owerri has no stadium, forget the glorified sec skul stadia called Dan Anyiam Stadium. In the place of Dan Anyiam, the Enyimba stadium wouldda stepped in buh which road u wan follow go Aba from owerri since every road bursts outta the dreaded ENUGU-PH xpress way via okigwe or Obowo/ihitte uboma(Abia Tower)?

Lol u and ngwori ehh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JoebieII: 4:58pm On Jan 10, 2019
I already said that was an error. when I did the search on my phone on that official site, I didn't hit return after typing "Nigeria" which produced no result. I had already corrected that mistake. I'm not relying on google but the official site. accept the truth and let the devil be ashamed grin

forgiveness:

You are still relying on Google that failed to show you Fraser suites hotel won the award in the GLOBAL category. It has failed you again. Give it up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 10, 2019
Nigeria
Ndidi Didn’t Do Enough To Earn A Spot In CAF Best XI – Celestine Babayaro Explains
Former Nigeria international defender Celestine Babayaro says Wilfred Ndidi of Leicester City didn’t have a better 2018 than the players selected ahead of him in the CAF Best XI during the recently concluded CAF Awards.
The omission of Ndidi infuriated most Nigerians who are of the opinion that the midfielder did enough in the year under review to earn a spot in the Best XI players on the continent owing to his consistent display for Leicester City last season.
However Babayaro who also played for another English Premier League side in Chelsea during his playing days insist all though Ndidi did very well last season, he still didn’t do enough like the duo of Thomas Partey and Naby Keita who were voted for ahead of him.
” Ndidi didn’t do badly to be honest, but in 2018 Partey and Keita did more mainly due to their involvement in the Champions League and Europa League, something Ndidi didn’t have with Leicester last season”, Babayaro told Owngoalnigeria.com.
DONT MISS ==> Brighton Manager Hughton Assures Balogun Of Playing Time Despite Recalling Central Defender Dan Burn From Wigan Loan
” If we are to be fair that gave them an edge over Ndidi who didn’t do badly. Nigerians should understand that we dominated this award in time past and we will no doubt do same in the future with the wave of young talents coming through “, he concluded.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:04pm On Jan 10, 2019
JoebieII:

How can we confirm that was 2018? The transcorp Hilton hotel award you showed was not won in 2018 rather 2018. Stop fooling us here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 10, 2019
ChrisKels:

Owerri to PH u said? Via Ohaji Egbema abi via the ENUGU-PH xpress way? PH has good enough hotels and woudnt necessarily rely on her neighboring States to host her visitors. Aba and umuahia have good hotels too buh are the hotels of CAF standards? I know lots of hotels in owerri that are up to standard buh owerri has no stadium, forget the glorified sec skul stadia called Dan Anyiam Stadium. In the place of Dan Anyiam, the Enyimba stadium wouldda stepped in buh which road u wan follow go Aba from owerri since every road bursts outta the dreaded ENUGU-PH xpress way via okigwe or Obowo/ihitte uboma(Abia Tower)?

Lol u and ngwori ehh
like I said before,road rehabilitation is a small challenge when the ovation gets louder.
Las las dem go fly am naa, abi people wey dey go aba from owerri dey go with leg?

grin cheesy ngwori wu ebeano wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JoebieII: 5:06pm On Jan 10, 2019
you be pikin?.. I'm not posting another link/snapshot because I would get banned like my other moniker. you have the link. Be sincere and do a simple search. Everyone can search and see for themselves. Stop asking me to post another snapshot.

Go to the year in question on the Luxury Hotel award site, type Egypt, then type Nigeria. You can do that for 2017 as well.

Modified
You can also use the category as your search term, that would return all the hotels that won under that category. you can also use the type (e.g Continental, global etc) as your search term. Just play with it for some time and come back.

forgiveness:

How can we confirm that was 2018? The transcorp Hilton hotel award you showed was not won in 2018 rather 2018. Stop fooling us here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 10, 2019
sheyishemba:
Nigeria
Ndidi Didn’t Do Enough To Earn A Spot In CAF Best XI – Celestine Babayaro Explains
Former Nigeria international defender Celestine Babayaro says Wilfred Ndidi of Leicester City didn’t have a better 2018 than the players selected ahead of him in the CAF Best XI during the recently concluded CAF Awards.
The omission of Ndidi infuriated most Nigerians who are of the opinion that the midfielder did enough in the year under review to earn a spot in the Best XI players on the continent owing to his consistent display for Leicester City last season.
However Babayaro who also played for another English Premier League side in Chelsea during his playing days insist all though Ndidi did very well last season, he still didn’t do enough like the duo of Thomas Partey and Naby Keita who were voted for ahead of him.
” Ndidi didn’t do badly to be honest, but in 2018 Partey and Keita did more mainly due to their involvement in the Champions League and Europa League, something Ndidi didn’t have with Leicester last season”, Babayaro told Owngoalnigeria.com.
DONT MISS ==> Brighton Manager Hughton Assures Balogun Of Playing Time Despite Recalling Central Defender Dan Burn From Wigan Loan
” If we are to be fair that gave them an edge over Ndidi who didn’t do badly. Nigerians should understand that we dominated this award in time past and we will no doubt do same in the future with the wave of young talents coming through “, he concluded.
even this Chelsea flop still get mouth embarassed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:08pm On Jan 10, 2019
krattoss:
like I said before,road rehabilitation is a small challenge when the ovation gets louder.
Las las dem go fly am naa, abi people wey dey go aba from owerri dey go with leg?

grin cheesy ngwori wu ebeano wink

Lol OK oo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:13pm On Jan 10, 2019
krattoss:
even this Chelsea flop still get mouth embarassed

Babayaro was not a Chelsea flop.. What are you talking about??

The guy had almost 200 caps for Chelsea until his injury problems.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:14pm On Jan 10, 2019
JoebieII:
hahahaha. Closing your eyes to the clear fact. Why don't u post all your snapshots of the Abuja ACI awards let's read the description. I wish you loved the truth. Unfortunately...

Go back to the luxury award link and do a simple search under 2018 awards search "Egypt"

Did Cairo international airport win ACI award in any category? N...O....NO.

What Nigeria has already done is what Egypt is about doing yet some people wan us to believe 0 infrastructure is in Nigeria.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:15pm On Jan 10, 2019
sheyishemba:
Nigeria

Partey was a bit part player at ATM,we all know partey is good but most times he is playing right back for athletico Madrid

Are they judging for this season performance or last season ? If it's this season then keita should not be there ,if a keita can be there playing for leipzig last season then ndidi can be there playing at Leicester

Or they are just using big clubs player only because the last time I checked Eric bailley has not been constitent for 2 seasons now ,and also mahrez should not be there

We should all know the list is a joke for them putting world class kalidou koullibaly at left back to accommodate carpenter Eric bailley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JoebieII: 5:19pm On Jan 10, 2019
Or should we change the argument to the timing of when the infrastructures were put in place? Nigeria would still lose BADLY.

They already have an automated people mover in place in Cairo Airport. And that is great. What you called a downgrade to a light rail network to the airport. Still baffles me
forgiveness:

What Nigeria has already done is what Egypt is about doing yet some people wan us to believe 0 infrastructure is in Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JoebieII: 5:25pm On Jan 10, 2019
Cairo Airport won it in 2017 for "its continuous efforts to heighten the airport’s safety procedures" (TAKE NOTE).
The awards is given in reference to improvement. It's not necessarily an award for the best in safety. Let me say it for the last time.

That does not mean, you are now better than Cairo Airport in 2018. You just got the recognition for your effort in improving safety. oga I don tire oh.. love truth na.

forgiveness:

(1) (2) (3) ... (5356) (5357) (5358) (5359) (5360) (5361) (5362) ... (16195) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sojious, charlesemeka85(m), codemaniacs, Oasis007(m), jieta and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.