Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,736 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11617256 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5514) (5515) (5516) (5517) (5518) (5519) (5520) ... (16130) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:46pm On Feb 13, 2019
Earthquake2:

They are a good team, they just need a clinical striker

Rohr mentioned this somewhere...no wonder that Nafizi kept on failing his trials everywhere including Turkey haha...it is good that we lost...we do not even need the cup...truly we have nothing to prove in age grade football in Africa..it is all the world stage that we need to prove something at u21...u21 is where national team players are groomed...some current squad players MUST go home especially strikers if they cannot improve.. Back to Daura grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 9:49pm On Feb 13, 2019
gamaliel9:

Rohr mentioned this somewhere...no wonder that Nafizi kept on failing his trials everywhere including Turkey haha...it is good that we lost...we do not even need the cup...truly we have nothing to prove in age grade football in Africa..it is all the world stage that we need to prove something at u21...u21 is where national team players are groomed...some current squad players MUST go home especially strikers if they cannot improve.. Back to Daura grin

Honestly I'm not happy that we lost, there are scouts watching these age group competition from all around the world

Winning the competition would give many of them access to decent clubs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:52pm On Feb 13, 2019
Odunayaw:
1-1!

Rangers no wan hear word!

They have played with so much bravery.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 9:55pm On Feb 13, 2019
So it finished CsSfaxien 1- Enugu Rangers 1. Up Rangers.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:57pm On Feb 13, 2019
Icon4s:

They have played with so much bravery.
And they have rewarded themselves with a point!

This season has been favorable for Nigerian Clubs. If only these clubs can be consistent [at home] enough to consolidate gains on the continent...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:57pm On Feb 13, 2019
Good job by Rangers.

Solid keeper Bonsu.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:58pm On Feb 13, 2019
isan:
this is awoniyi 5 years ago tell me he is 16 or 17 here

Compare these photos with the recent ones Icon4s posted and tell me how much has changed about his appearance
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:01pm On Feb 13, 2019
andrew444:

Sir icon you be him waec teacher oo , Lol

Awoniyi is about 25 so i dont consider that as an age cheat.

Forget about MRI una go still dey cover up for MRI, say those our grandpa u20 no pass MRI

Abeg make una no dey talk this MRI issue

I'm quite curious though..

Why do you think the MRI isn't reliable??/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:02pm On Feb 13, 2019
gamaliel9:

I agree with you.

The boys just needed to win the cup to boost their individual chances of making it to the WYC. But it didn't turn out that way for them.

The team does not have strikers. I have said it here before that Nazifi is not on the same level Iheanacho, Success and Awoniyi were at this level. The wingers are not impactful. Aigbogun needs to go shop for forwards.

That Zaruma guy was again disappointing today. I quickly went to check John Lazarus' age only to find out he will be 21 this year. I don't think Sincere Seth either is still elligible. Aigbogun needs to find a replacement for that guy. He is a potential breaking point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 10:03pm On Feb 13, 2019
Enugu rangers on with 4 point if they win their two home game they should qualify
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:07pm On Feb 13, 2019
tbaba1234:
Good job by Rangers.

Solid keeper Bonsu.

Just like also the Lobi keeper.

The NPFL has been producing descent goalies of late.

That our U20 keeper is also good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:17pm On Feb 13, 2019
Icon4s:

Just like also the Lobi keeper.

The NPFL has been producing descent goalies of late.

That our U20 keeper is also good.

TBH, I won't mind Nana Bonsu switching allegiance to us ahead of "you know who" grin

The guy is damn good
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:24pm On Feb 13, 2019
Odunayaw:
And they have rewarded themselves with a point!

This season has been favorable for Nigerian Clubs. If only these clubs can be consistent [at home] enough to consolidate gains on the continent...

That is the Issue. Next season u see another set of CAF Competition representatives.

Morocco has always been Raja Casablanca, Wydad Casablanca, some times APR makes it.

We know the Tunisian Giants: Esperance, Cfaxien and Etoile Du Sahel,

Algeria will mostly have USM Algiers, Entente Setiff , Mouluda Oran.

For Egypt it is always Al-ahli, Ismaili and Zamalek.

Congo DR will always have TP Mazembe.

SA Will have Orlando Pirates, Sundowns and any other club like Super Sports Unites or another club.

For CIV it is always ASEC.

For Congo Brazaville it is always AS Vista.

El Merekh will always represent Sudan

And as these clubs play Continental Football every season they gain that Continental experience. A good number of the North African national team players play at home.

Enyimba was up there in Nigeria at a time as they were always playing Continental Football. Enyimba is still a force on the continent due to the experience gathered over the years.

For our league to really make this impact on the continent we need to a have a big 4-6 clubs who will have the best of the home lads clustered around them and this will also make the league more interesting as fans would be looking forward to clashes involving the big teams. We used to have it that way decades back and even up to the 2000s but not anymore. A newly promoted Remo Stars can easily trash league Champions Lobi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:26pm On Feb 13, 2019
Danielnino00:

TBH, I won't mind Nana Bonsu switching allegiance to us ahead of "you know who" grin

The guy is damn good

Make his "Brad-es" come come here dey sharp their mouths abi? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 10:27pm On Feb 13, 2019
Icon4s:

I agree with you.

The boys just needed to win the cup to boost their individual chances of making it to the WYC. But it didn't turn out that way for them.

The team does not have strikers. I have said it here before that Nazifi is not on the same level Iheanacho, Success and Awoniyi were at this level. The wingers are not impactful. Aigbogun needs to go shop for forwards.

That Zaruma guy was again disappointing today. I quickly went to check John Lazarus' age only to find out he will be 21 this year. I don't think Sincere Seth either is still elligible. Aigbogun needs to find a replacement for that guy. He is a potential breaking point.

For the RB, Aigbogun has named the bennets brothers as favorites to make the WYC squad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:33pm On Feb 13, 2019
junnyjake:

For the RB, Aigbogun has named the bennets brothers as favorites to make the WYC squad.

Correct!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:40pm On Feb 13, 2019
isan:
Asisat with a brace for barcelona
she should permanent the deal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:41pm On Feb 13, 2019
junnyjake:

Hmm who told u that, BTW, which of the Bennetts is a full back? Junnyjake u dun carry enter 18 ooo grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 10:50pm On Feb 13, 2019
ChrisKels:

Hmm who told u that, BTW, which of the Bennetts is a full back? Junnyjake u dun carry enter 18 ooo grin

I saw a news where he was quoted saying that, it was even posted here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:53pm On Feb 13, 2019
junnyjake:

I saw a news where he was quoted saying that, it was even posted here.
And in the news, either of the Bennetts was labelled a LFB?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:10pm On Feb 13, 2019
ChrisKels:

And in the news, either of the Bennetts was labelled a LFB?

nope, but I know Keanan plays as a winger but can also play as a FB.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:27pm On Feb 13, 2019
andrew444:

Mikel is young, only lazy players dont last longer bro, if you are not injury prone then you should be lasting longer age cheat or not.

There is no big deal in mikel still playing at 31, obi mikel reduced his age at least by 4 year not 10 years okay

For naija once player dey play at 31 dem go say e no reduce age,na normal thing, oba goal played till 34 recently, osaze played in england till 35

Na people like osaze you go come talk here and i go listen not others

“That’s when he told me: ‘You’re going to United. They want you and you’re leaving tomorrow’.

“My dad was so happy but mum was crying because I was moving abroad at such a young age.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/mikel-obi-briefcase-cash-contract/amp

Mikel left the shores of Nigeria when he was tender. The news of four years added and the rest is not true.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:29pm On Feb 13, 2019
andrew444:

Mikel is young, only lazy players dont last longer bro, if you are not injury prone then you should be lasting longer age cheat or not.

There is no big deal in mikel still playing at 31, obi mikel reduced his age at least by 4 year not 10 years okay

For naija once player dey play at 31 dem go say e no reduce age,na normal thing, oba goal played till 34 recently, osaze played in england till 35

Nduka Ndubuisi, the Plateau United coach at the time explains:

"It's hard to explain his (Mikel) talent at such a tender age, but when we got him, we realised we had found the best young talent in the whole of Nigeria. The fans were critical of our decision to play a school boy, but he was outstanding in the few games he played at home."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/968926-john-mikel-obi-at-chelsea-or-the-choice-of-hercules-how-bad-choices-destroy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:35pm On Feb 13, 2019
andrew444:

John Mikel Obi came to the attention of Kashimawo Laloko through the Pepsi academy at the age of 12. James Ayeni, a coach at the academy recalls:

"He was one of my best players at that time. He was so thin yet so brave, and he also had a very good first touch."

Note Mikel was discovered as an academy kid. Not a grown player that could hide four years and above easily.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:56pm On Feb 13, 2019
John Mikel Obi's first U17 game for Nigeria.
cc: Andrew444

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:58pm On Feb 13, 2019
Icon4s:

That is the Issue. Next season u see another set of CAF Competition representatives.

For our league to really make this impact on the continent we need to a have a big 4-6 clubs who will have the best of the home lads clustered around them and this will also make the league more interesting as fans would be looking forward to clashes involving the big teams. We used to have it that way decades back and even up to the 2000s but not anymore. A newly promoted Remo Stars can easily trash league Champions Lobi.
Couldn't have been better said

I said it once that the 20 clubs of NPFL are of similar strength in terms of finances hence we don't have perennial champion[s].
The consistent teams from North Africa boast the best players of their league (because there is financial muscle) so its a no brainer that they can trample on the home front

Over here the funds are just not there to grab the best legs or hold them down. Imagine Lokosa playing for Rangers today. There isn't really a quality player difference around the latitude of the table hence the see-saw results.

If clubs here [the big boys like Enyimba, Rangers, Pillars etc] could hustle for revenues, they can boast better legs & become perennial continental clubs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:58pm On Feb 13, 2019
John Mikel Obi at the U17 World Cup.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:00am On Feb 14, 2019
Look at how young John Mikel Obi looked when he signed for Chelsea.
cc:Andrew444

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 12:11am On Feb 14, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
John Mikel Obi at the U17 World Cup.
He was young that why he lasted more than others

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:24am On Feb 14, 2019
andrew444:

Sir icon you be him waec teacher oo , Lol

Awoniyi is about 25 so i dont consider that as an age cheat.

Forget about MRI una go still dey cover up for MRI, say those our grandpa u20 no pass MRI

Abeg make una no dey talk this MRI issue
age detector e Pele sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:21am On Feb 14, 2019
Odunayaw:
Couldn't have been better said

I said it once that the 20 clubs of NPFL are of similar strength in terms of finances hence we don't have perennial champion[s].
The consistent teams from North Africa boast the best players of their league (because there is financial muscle) so its a no brainer that they can trample on the home front

Over here the funds are just not there to grab the best legs or hold them down. Imagine Lokosa playing for Rangers today. There isn't really a quality player difference around the latitude of the table hence the see-saw results.

If clubs here [the big boys like Enyimba, Rangers, Pillars etc] could hustle for revenues, they can boast better legs & become perennial continental clubs

Exactly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:22am On Feb 14, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
Look at how young John Mikel Obi looked when he signed for Chelsea.
cc:Andrew444

Meanwhile even at that time some were already saying he was almost 30yrs old.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5514) (5515) (5516) (5517) (5518) (5519) (5520) ... (16130) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: charlesemeka85(m), TheSuperNerd(m), Banuso99, mowah, sureleads, Suzzytee05(f), Cecco90, opes and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.