Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5520) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11750532 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5517) (5518) (5519) (5520) (5521) (5522) (5523) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 4:23pm On Feb 14, 2019
tbaba1234:
Lateef Omidiji called up to the under 17 team..

Wow! that's a nice one.

Are they playing anytime soon?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:45pm On Feb 14, 2019
junnyjake:

Make I go sleep for bush, when I get house?

His teammates I've interacted with never made such accusations against him, not even those who were bitter about his success.

I am just saying what I know about Nigeria football

Mikel is one of the few with lower ages in the 2005 world youth championship ,I repeat mikel removed about 4 years from his age ,take it or leave it,if you like make him be your class mate self na fact I dey yarn so

The rest are players who reduced about 10 years

Waiting for someone to come and tell me John owoeri and co didn't deduct about 8/10 from their age

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:46pm On Feb 14, 2019
Kog45:
you damn funny.He was dropped for equally young and better Celestine Babayaro.

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:34pm On Feb 14, 2019
junnyjake:

Wow! that's a nice one.

Are they playing anytime soon?

They are participating in a tournament in Turkey.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 6:01pm On Feb 14, 2019
hoodedjaystrim:

Trash
My brother, you are mentally ill.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 6:45pm On Feb 14, 2019
Iwobi starts For Arsenal against Bate Borisov
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 14, 2019
Is onyekuru playing what about samu, bonaventure, kayode any updates about them tonight
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 14, 2019
Na bench olayinka make for Slavia Prague, wetin happen to am?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hoodedjaystrim(m): 7:33pm On Feb 14, 2019
Curtisaxel7:
My brother, you are mentally ill.
and you're deranged

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:49pm On Feb 14, 2019
Kog45:
Oga Andrew yea you are right but we still have exceptional cases.

I have a friend named Tolagbe Alanamu who nearly made Japan 93 team as 17 years old secondary school boy.He was dropped for Celestine Babayaro.

How can you even say he is correct? Do you know what a 16-18 year old boy looks like? Mikel was picked up by Pepsi Academy at 12 years old. If Mikel was as Andrew444 claims, 4 or more years older than his claimed age, then, Mikel was 16 or more. When he was found as a 12 years old.

Sorry, it is not true that Mikel is four years older than his true age.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:56pm On Feb 14, 2019
andrew444:

I am just saying what I know about Nigeria football

Mikel is one of the few with lower ages in the 2005 world youth championship ,I repeat mikel removed about 4 years from his age ,take it or leave it,if you like make him be your class mate self na fact I dey yarn so

The rest are players who reduced about 10 years

Waiting for someone to come and tell me John owoeri and co didn't deduct about 8/10 from their age

I know for a fact that he grew after 2003 without a shadow of a doubt at least 2-4 inches. I am 6ft and my friend that used to parade Stadium with me David is like 6'2 and I know David was taller than Mikel at that point. Koc is supposed to have records of these things anyway. Its not about weight, if anything you weight will reduce your height.

This one Mikel seems to be getting taller and wider at the same time. Mikel was way smaller, both vertically and horizontally he has changed compared to his present size.

Its sad that in Nigeria we don't keep records, at best we were the same height in 2003, today bobo is head and shoulders above me.

http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=157060&start=23

Your four years and above theory is not true.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:57pm On Feb 14, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

How can you even say he is correct. Do you know what a 16-18 year old boy looks like? Mikel was picked up by Pepsi Academy at 12 years old. If Mikel was as Andrew444 claims, 4 or more years older than his claimed age, then, Mikel was 16 or more. When he was found as a 12 years old.

So a 16 years old can't be found as a 12 years old ? No b wetin dem tell us we go believe ?

Are you the one that discover him ?

Please sir I am sincere and realistic

I like you because you always support our player

You will even defend saying taiwo used his real age let alone young mikel

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:58pm On Feb 14, 2019
andrew444:

So a 16 years old can't be found as a 12 years old ? No b wetin dem tell us we go believe ?

Very difficult and close to impossible for a Sixteen year old to pass as 12.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 14, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

How can you even say he is correct? Do you know what a 16-18 year old boy looks like? Mikel was picked up by Pepsi Academy at 12 years old. If Mikel was as Andrew444 claims, 4 or more years older than his claimed age, then, Mikel was 16 or more. When he was found as a 12 years old.

The Goodjoe when is your boss returning? On a serious note I don't doubt you but you didn't present any evidence in your last posting that I quoted other than make a statement.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:59pm On Feb 14, 2019
andrew444:

You are not being sincere and realistic. You have nothing to use to back up your claims. You are just typing what you feel. Not what you know. That is no way being realistic.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:01pm On Feb 14, 2019
Taliban:

The Goodjoe when is your boss returning? On a serious note I don't doubt you but you didn't present any evidence in your last posting that I quoted other than make a statement.

John Mikel Obi came to the attention of Kashimawo Laloko through the Pepsi academy at the age of 12. James Ayeni, a coach at the academy recalls:

"He was one of my best players at that time. He was so thin yet so brave, and he also had a very good first touch."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/968926-john-mikel-obi-at-chelsea-or-the-choice-of-hercules-how-bad-choices-destroya

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 14, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

John Mikel Obi came to the attention of Kashimawo Laloko through the Pepsi academy at the age of 12. James Ayeni, a coach at the academy recalls:

"He was one of my best players at that time. He was so thin yet so brave, and he also had a very good first touch."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/968926-john-mikel-obi-at-chelsea-or-the-choice-of-hercules-how-bad-choices-destroya

Is James ayeni now a confirmed birth certificate certifier? How do I know James ayeni is saying the truth? Mikel was definitely very young from the pic you showed us earlier. My point is in my own opinion, I don't see your reference as infallible evidence.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:10pm On Feb 14, 2019
Taliban:

Is James ayeni now a confirmed birth certificate certifier? How do I know James ayeni is saying the truth? Mikel was definitely very young from the pic you showed us earlier. My point is in my own opinion, I don't see your reference as infallible evidence.

Na wa for you.

I said, Mikel was discovered as a twelve years old. I repeat discovered as a twelve years old. Where did you get the coach as a confirmed birth certifier from or you just want to argue?

I said, it is difficult to discover a 16 and above player as a twelve years old.

You asked for proof and I have showed you that Mikel was discovered as a twelve years old kid by one of the Pepsi academy coaches.

So can you explain your problem?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 8:14pm On Feb 14, 2019
Samuel chukwueze, Stephen Odey would be starting for their respective clubs .

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:25pm On Feb 14, 2019
andrew444:

Are you really?
If somebody now sincerely starts to criticize a particular Nigerian player now, you will tag him an hater and all sort of names....

Your allegations on Mikel,Awoniyi and other players here sounds like some "pull him down" thing to me..

Should we also tag you an hater ??

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 14, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Na wa for you.

I said, Mikel was discovered as a twelve years old. I repeat discovered as a twelve years old. Where did you get the coach as a confirmed birth certifier from or you just want to argue?

I said, it is difficult to discover a 16 and above player as a twelve years old.

You asked for proof and I have showed you that Mikel was discovered as a twelve years old kid by one of the Pepsi academy coaches.

So can you explain your problem?

I apologize sir. I didn't see the proof confirming that you said he was discovered as a 12 year by Pepsi academy. I agree I might be missing something. Other than your assertion that he was discovered as a 12 year old by Pepsi and one of the coaches confirmed he was young, I couldn't pick out the irrefutable proof you provided sir.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:34pm On Feb 14, 2019
Danielnino00:

Are you really?
If somebody now sincerely starts to criticize a particular Nigerian player now, you will tag him an hater and all sort of names....

Your allegations on Mikel,Awoniyi and other players here sounds like some "pull him down" thing to me..

Are u from Edo State?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:34pm On Feb 14, 2019
Danielnino00:

Are you really?

You can call me an hater if you see me as one as you are welcome bro and I will accept being the hater trust me

I am telling you guys how African and naija football works ,for una mind una no say I dey talk truth,I said mikel reduced 4 years from his age which is young take it or leave it

Na me hate mikel but na Be go dey monitor championship because of am

No matter wetin I talk e no fit bring any player down,e no go reduce the player salary ,I am just a football fan being realistic

Leave me make I talk football and not to pretend like others ,who God has blessed no man can bring down .

If what I am saying concerning our players age makes me an hater then I accept it

Now make I burst una bubbles

You guys know I love iheanacho ? But that dude is above 22 years,now I am an hater to iheanacho Bt always argue with people who diss him .

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:39pm On Feb 14, 2019
ChrisKels:

Are u from Edo State?

Nope..
Why?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:42pm On Feb 14, 2019
andrew444:

You can call me an hater if you see me as one as you are welcome bro and I will accept being the hater trust me

I am telling you guys how African and naija football works ,for una mind una no say I dey talk truth,I said mikel reduced 4 years from his age which is young take it or leave it

No matter wetin I talk e no fit bring any player down,e no go reduce the player salary ,I am just a football fan being realistic

Leave me make I talk football and not to pretend like others ,who God has blessed no man can bring down .

If what I am saying concerning our players age makes me an hater then I accept it

You guys know I love iheanacho ? But that dude is above 22 years,now I am an hater to iheanacho Bt always argue with people who diss him .

You're just making allegations without proof!

Anybody can say anything on the internet but its mere words if it's not backed up by evidences..

We all know that age cheat is common among Africans but not all Africans are age cheats...
Maybe if you can back up your claims with some evidence,we will take you serious.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 8:42pm On Feb 14, 2019
tbaba1234:
Lateef Omidiji called up to the under 17 team..

The under 15 lad right?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:43pm On Feb 14, 2019
andrew444:

You can call me a hater if you see me as one as you are welcome bro and I will accept being the hater trust me

I am telling you guys how African and naija football works ,for una mind una no say I dey talk truth,I said mikel reduced 4 years from his age which is young take it or leave it .

Can u give a single rational point to back up ur assertion? Or, this is u being preposterous with ur usual preconceptions?

What exactly do u even know about African football that u wanna take us on?

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:43pm On Feb 14, 2019
SlayerForever:

The under 15 lad right?

Yes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:44pm On Feb 14, 2019
ChrisKels:

Are u from Edo State?
You are a bad man walahi grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 8:46pm On Feb 14, 2019
tbaba1234:

Yes

Very good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:47pm On Feb 14, 2019
andrew444:

Above 22 by what? A second, a minute, days, months or years.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:51pm On Feb 14, 2019
Danielnino00:

You're just making allegations without proof!

Anybody can say anything on the internet but its mere words if it's not backed up by evidences..

We all know that age cheat is common among Africans but not all Africans are age cheats...
Maybe if you can back up your claims with some evidence,we will take you serious.

Agreed bro I have no proof ,yes not all African are age cheat that's

Even the ones that claim I am wrong have no proof so we are all the same

The biggest age cheat are the South Americans but many people on this thread will refuse to believe in me ,maybe because they believe the South Americans are better than Africa ,don't know their reasons .

(1) (2) (3) ... (5517) (5518) (5519) (5520) (5521) (5522) (5523) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ddone and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.