Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:37 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (553) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11876545 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) ... (16251) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:57am On Feb 11, 2017
Nihilist:
Mikel World class? cheesy

Has Mikel been ever been World Class in his life? grin

Take this kinda yarns to Chelsea thread and there are several people willing to lynch you with Petrol and Tyre if they could.
My guy Mikel na world class o.Pls don't lynch me with Petrol and Tyre.I beg o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:58am On Feb 11, 2017
komekn:

So in effect you concede to his exceptional and incomparable ability that has no par across the top football leagues in Europe.

But you justify your refusal to give him the accolade of world class because you believe it to be drug induced.

I don't believe him to be world class, he has gone beyond that. He is in a. CLASS OF HIS OWN .

Take not this is his second year in the top flight he is by your own unit of measurement a few months away from world class.

Anyone can be exceptional when they have steroids and Drugs so far up they muscles...I said two more years not two years and Leicester isn't Top flight...So ama change that to 2 years of Solid displays against champions league teams...His clock starts counting when he holds his own against Vidal, Busquet etc...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nihilist: 1:15am On Feb 11, 2017
Kog45:
My guy Mikel na world class o.Pls don't lynch me with Petrol and Tyre.I beg o.
grin
Mikel has never been World Class in his life.

That dude hasn't even been relevant at Chelsea since 2011 when AVB kicked his ass to the bench. RDM came and also maintained his status on the bench. Mourinho came and continued the status quo and converted him to a bus driver. You only saw Mikel on the pitch when Jose was ready to park the bus and deflate the tires.

Hiddink came and started playing Mikel at centreback and Finally Conte came to chase him away for good without a single appearance for the club grin

Na that one you dey call world class?

The only reasonable thing Mikel did at Chelsea between 2011 and 2017 was the performance vs Barca and that final at the Allianz.

Dude has literally been inconsequential at Chelsea for the last 6 years.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nihilist: 1:22am On Feb 11, 2017
I even forgot that Benitez even gave Mikel's bus driver position to Nathan Ake.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chidexxy007(m): 1:34am On Feb 11, 2017
@forgiveness
Ajagun still dy alive? Mehn use to love guy from his days @Dolphins.
I thought he and Ramon Azeez were d future of our midfield but then it hasn't worked out well with them..
What about Rabiu Ibrahim as d No.10 for SE?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:34am On Feb 11, 2017
i'm surprised that's exactly me!

safarigirl:
anyone that fields a Nigerian
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:40am On Feb 11, 2017
my bro, you notice they all belong to the U17 2009 class. That was the year MRI scan started to be enforced. if you remember John Obuh had to put the team together after the previous team failed the scan. Omeruo, Onazi, Sani Emmanuel etc were also part of the set up. Only Onazi and Omeruo today are established in the SE. However, if they all don't hit great form before age 28, I doubt they ever will.

I THINK Rabiu Ibrahim is way older. The aforementioned players are at least a year or two off their claimed ages, if not their real ages.

chidexxy007:
@forgiveness
Ajagun still dy alive? Mehn use to love guy from his days @Dolphins.
I thought he and Ramon Azeez were d future of our midfield but then it hasn't worked out well with them..
What about Rabiu Ibrahim as d No.10 for SE?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by diggz: 2:20am On Feb 11, 2017
Mikel and world class......as as how now? cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:32am On Feb 11, 2017
So many IFs, shoulda, woulda. We are not talking about what should have been, or potential here, as that is always based on sentiments

TheGoodJoe:

Mikel did not play second fiddle. Do not get that wrong. Makalele came to Chelsea and showed Florentino Perez he was wrong looking down on him. He played the defensive midfield role to an artistic level the role got named after him. THE MAKALELE ROLE.

"He wasn't a header of the ball and he rarely passed the ball more than three metres,"...Florentino Perez (Real Madrid President)

"Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?"...Zinedine Zidane

Mikel was a player who understudied Makalele and soaked in the great lessons of the defensive midfield genius. That was why, despite repeated changes in Chelsea, they could not find a shield like Mikel. It just has to end up with Mikel. With several of midfielders coming into Chelsea. Great names, there was no one who could do it like him.

Just like Florentino Perez, a lot do not see how important Mikel was during the dominant reign of Chelsea but just like Makalele, he was the team was the engine of their success. He was the engine of that team.

Ed Dove of Bleacherreport wrote, "While Nigeria fans are naturally delighted at the elegant influence Mikel has had in the middle of the park over the last year of sport, joy is tinged with regret when remembering the delirious talent stolen by English football."

Mikel has the ability of becoming a celebrated gem in the game but he chose a role of importance to winning. His conservative and humble role ensured the team kept on winning. Others like Lampard and Ballack got the glory but Mikel made sure they won. People who think like Florentino Perez will come out tomorrow and say he is not World Class or Top Quality. Those who think like Zidane will understand the great sacrifice Mikel made for the Chelsea flag to fly high. It was not about his name but the team. That is truly a World Class player who laid it all for his team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:51am On Feb 11, 2017
Nihilist:

grin

That dude hasn't even been relevant at Chelsea since 2011 when AVB kicked his ass to the bench. RDM came and also maintained his status on the bench. Mourinho came and continued the status quo and converted him to a bus driver. You only saw Mikel on the pitch when Jose was ready to park the bus and deflate the tires.

Hiddink came and started playing Mikel at centreback and Finally Conte came to chase him away for good without a single appearance for the club grin

The only reasonable thing Mikel did at Chelsea between 2011 and 2017 was the performance vs Barca and that final at the Allianz.

Oh my God see finishing.Mikel offend u.Haba softly if anything dey make we know

My guy,Mikel is among my top class player or abi na world class una dey call am.Pls don't burn me with Petrol and Tyre for saying Mikel is a world class player coz i love d guy die as u hate am die.No offence.

Haba for saying Mikel na world class na to burn person with petrol and tyre Wey i no be Seun Egbegbe.I dey fear for this thread
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Elnino4ladies: 2:57am On Feb 11, 2017
Kog45:
Oh my God see finishing.Mikel offend u.Haba softly if anything dey make we know

My guy,Mikel is among my top class player or abi na world class una dey call am.Pls don't burn me with Petrol and Tyre for saying Mikel is a world class player coz i love d guy die as u hate am die.No offence.

Haba for saying Mikel na world class na to burn person with petrol and tyre Wey i no be Seun Egbegbe.I dey fear for this thread

That is the truth.

Mikel and world class far apart.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:15am On Feb 11, 2017
Nihilist:

grin

I do not think that it is a coincidence that Chelsea's form improved last year when Mikel became a regular again. That does not sound like an inconsequential player. Ask those who played with him all those years.

It is easy to notice Mikel when Chelsea have to defend as in the case of the champions League games. He is less noticeable when Chelsea are dominating. That is partly why he is underrated.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:19am On Feb 11, 2017
goldfish80:

This makes him more decorated than Costa not more. World class.

Zlatan at his prime was consistently among the top 5 or 10 in the world. Costa is probably at his prime now and can not really be considered to be at that height.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:07am On Feb 11, 2017
goldfish80:

Kante in his present form is world class. Griezman in his present form without winning any major trophy is world class. Dmitry Payet have produced world class performances over the past few years in a world class league, he is world class.
If the aforementioned players form drop then we can safely say they are no longer world class. It is that simple.

Playing with World Class form does not make the player World Class. It is World Class form. A World Class Player maintains his World Class form for a long time. After a long career, you can judge if the player was truly World Class or if the form shown earlier was just a flash in the pan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:24am On Feb 11, 2017
goldfish80:

You don't know where this began clearly. Chrisooblog is of the opinion that league performance counts little, according to him anyone can be a bully in the league. What counts is champions league and world cup.
I beg to ask what has been Zlatans record in the champions league and world cup?
What have Zlatan won that Costa haven't? They both haven't won the world cup and champions league, so?

Either way, the point I made is simple. Performing consistently for Club and Country at a high level. Zlatan ticks the boxes. Diego Costa does not. Zlatan World class, Diego Costa is not.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:17am On Feb 11, 2017
Elnino4ladies:

That is the truth.

Mikel and world class far apart.
ok but Mikel is one of my top(world)class player from my own perspective.Thanks.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 6:29am On Feb 11, 2017
chrisooblog:
guy you are way out of line. what has she done necessitating all this crudeness. we all share opinions without insulting each check the history of this thread we agree we disagree but we respect each other. this is a civil thread let's keep it that way

try love with passion,next week na valentine
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 6:57am On Feb 11, 2017
AF Nigeria Serie A 2016/2017 China PR
China not an option for me says Eagles star Ogenyi Onazi

Onazi says he is enjoying his time at Turkish club Trabzonspor

Super Eagles midfielder Ogenyi Onazi has said he will not consider a move to China because he is still young and believes he still has more years to play in Europe.

Eagles stars Mikel Obi and Odion Ighalo have already been lured to the Far East, but Onazi said he still wishes to ply his trade in Europe for the time being.

“China has provided a platform for tempting offers that it will be difficult for you to say no,” Onazi said.

“It will be a strong league soon because some of the top stars are there now.

“But at this point in time, I am still very young and China won’t be an option.

“I still want to remain and play in Europe, I’m enjoying my time in Turkey and I have the ambition to go to a bigger league in Europe.”

The former Nigeria U17 and U20 midfielder has already featured in the Italian Serie A with Lazio.

By Emeka Dennar

africanfootball.com/news/686764/China-not-an-option-for-me-says-Eagles-star-Ogenyi-Onazi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:01am On Feb 11, 2017
Wilfred Ndidi thrilled with Leicester 'wonder' goal

Wilfred Ndidi

Nigeria international Wilfred Onyinye Ndidi is delighted to score a wonderful goal on Wednesday night, which paved the way for Leicester City's 3-1 win over Derby County.

"Last night was a good one I scored my first goal for my team Leicester & i was awarded goal of the year 2016 in Belgium wow,
#itcanonlybeGodtweeted.

The former Genk of Belgium players started with Nath Boys Lagos.

He has represented Nigeria at U17 and U20 levels and he is now a full international.

africanfootball.com/news/686689/Wilfred-Ndidi-thrilled-with-Leicester-wonder-goal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by irrefragable: 7:04am On Feb 11, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Mr. Irrefragable... "Hate with a passion" are very strong words to use.

Also calling her a "B!tch"...... Nooooooooo..... You crossed the line.

You even threatened to beat her up if you met her in real life. Lawd!

You even said you don't mind going to jail for beating her up so mercilessly Goodness me! Imagine the intensity of the hate you confess....

It's obvious you've been an observer here and just had something to say. But you don't go about things the way you just did.

Mister, you are WRONG!!!!

This is not taking sides because something leads to something. Goodness me!

You read when she typed, "I am the resident trash talker" around here. Why didn't that tell you something? She even played sarcasm on herself.... And in that post she was calling you to order not insulting you.

Now, you have allowed your "hate for her" make you say things I know you would not wanna say because from your first comments on this thread, you said you don't like to argue much coz it would likely lead to insults (that was your first wrong assumption directed at my moniker).

Now you don't like to argue... Why didn't you just stick to that code of yours knowing that going against it will make you say all that you just said.

HONESTLY, I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHEN YOU SAID THEM. I was shocked on seeing Safarigirl's comments and decided to read the comments she quoted and behold I saw the "reason"

Mister Irrefragable.... Your Opinions are welcome BUT don't expect most of them not to be debated. smiley

Your words to Safarigirl reminds me of my experience late last year (on this same thread) when someone also said he hates me. Like seriously, why would you guys allow hate occupy a part of your heart for someone you have never met and probably will never meet?

Don't you know when you hate someone, you are surrendering control of part of your emotions to that person? **smh**

This is wrong.... And you know it.

Safarigirl.... Please... I understand your reactions... But please... Let it all go. Please....

i was surprised when i logged in nairaland early this morning to see 5 mentions all directing back to this thread. Although i understand 'irrefragable' is a word and people use it all the time but I think as regards this issue it should be dropped.

I've moved on after the incidence putting everything behind me leaving the thread in the process and i think everyone should move on and forget something like this ever happened

The incidence really cast me in a bad light like I'm a bad tempered person waiting for the slightest chance to erupt which I'm not.

I understand you have a family thing going on here and family protects their own right? But i still think you should put a chiding word across to that lady.

I've been on nairaland for close to a decade mainly as a guest (though I've used a few monikers now and then) and I'm telling you i know that username. She is rude. She attacks people for no reason not just in sports section, other sections too.

A chastising word in her direction would do her a world of good so she isn't tempted to say thrash to the wrong guy in the streets someday and get her comeuppance.

And please I REALLY REALLY WISH my attention will not be drawn back to this thread by way of mentions. For the sake of God, if possible please substitute the word 'irrefragable' for 'irrefutable' they both mean the same thing.

BTW thumbs up guys, great analysis.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:09am On Feb 11, 2017
Brave Rangers begin CAF Champions League quest on solid note in Algeria

Nigerian champions Enugu Rangers braved a partisan crowd and the cold to force hosts JS Saoura of Algeria to a 1-1 draw in a preliminary round first leg match tonight.

The return leg will be played in Enugu next weekend with Rangers enjoying a vital away goal.

Rangers in all-red jerseys soaked all the pressure JSS piled on them especially in the second half to come away from Algeria with a good result.

Impressive young midfielder Abderrahmane Bourdim gave the home team the lead after just 32 minutes courtesy of a superb free kick goal.

It was JS Saoura’s first-ever goal in the CAF Champions League.
However, striker Bobby Clement restored parity six minutes later when he cashed in on a defensive slip with an assist by Chinedu Udegha.

The big striker could have put Rangers in front just before half time, but he fluffed his lines.
After the interval, both teams searched for the winning goal.

Rangers replaced Osas Okoro with Daniel Etor in the 75thminute.
Rangers goalkeeper Nana Bonsu was the busier of the two goalkeepers in this half and the Nigerian champions defended resolutely and in numbers as JSS camped in the half of the visitors.

‘The Flying Antelope’ relied on fast counter attacks to trouble the home team.

In the closing moments of the contest, goal scorer Bobby Clement was replaced by fellow striker Ocheme Edoh.

The game was held up temporarily for medics to attend to injured goalkeeper Bonsu after he thwarted yet another dangerous attack by JSS.

It was a close shave for Rangers as the referee refused a penalty appeal after it appeared a Nigerian defender had handled the ball on the goalline after Bonsu was beaten.

mtnfootball.com/mobi/news/686830/Brave-Rangers-begin-CAF-Champions-League-quest-on-solid-note-in-Algeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:26am On Feb 11, 2017
komekn:

To have an idea about his quality it would be helpful to know what clubs he has played for.

There are very scarce review about this lad. I hope the two below should be handy.

I leave you to draw an informed opinion.

Thurrock U14's win Eastern Junior Alliance Challenge Cup

1 year ago
By Dawn Hyslop

Winning side looking for more silverware

The talented U14's team managed by Darren Hall and Jason Holloway and captained by Mason Hall have won the Challenge Cup 3-2 against Brentwood Town FC U14's.

The goal scorers were Anointed Chukwu who scored two and Billy Purdy got the other one.

Lee Johnson Thurrock Alliance Head of Youth Development and Coaching said "A great cup final performance and win today which will give the lads confidence as they go into this week with a chance of winning the league. I have coached this group over the last 2 seasons and they are a pleasure to work with. Good luck against Billericay on Wednesday lads."

These sentiments are shared by everyone at Thurrock FC who send their congratulations to the boys and management team.

www.pitchero.com/clubs/thurrock/news/thurrock-u14s-win-eastern-junior-alliance-challeng-1411801.html

Anointed Chukwu – Aged 16 – Matches for Manchester City and Crystal Palace

Prolific goal scorer Anointed Chukwu was scouted at our trial in December and has been playing in select matches for two Premier League clubs.

Anointed, 16, has been the top scorer for every club he’s played for in the last 5 seasons, including an incredible 42-goal-haul for his District side one year.

His form in front of goal continued when he stepped out on the pitch for a Manchester City Select side in January, scoring against Blackpool.

Both Palace and City were quick to invite Anointed into their clubs after seeing him at our West London trial in December – he was playing for Crystal Palace u16’s just 7 days after we saw him.

“He loved it, the whole experience from the start up to now has been incredible,” said Grace, Anointed’s Mum.

She added: “If anything I think he’s annoyed he didn’t score more in the game for City, but to play at The Etihad training ground was amazing and the facilities are something else, nothing like he’s experience before.”

Despite the whirlwind of the last few weeks, it’s not something Anointed hasn’t experienced before – since 2015 he has trialled with Southampton and Crystal Palace, which ultimately proved unsuccessful.

He will be hoping that he can now make amends for that missed opportunity with the London based club.

“They liked him when they saw him a couple of years ago but he wasn’t quite at that level,” explained Grace.

“Overall he’s really enjoyed the whole process, the UK Football Trial was brilliant as well.”

She added: “The set up that the coaches and organisers put together is first class. They are polite, professional and the coaches know what they are doing.

“If your boy can play football well, take him to UK Football Trials, its truly worth the money. My son enjoyed himself and so did I.

“I think it’s only a matter of time until you see him on Match of the Day – watch this space!”

ukfootballtrials.com/success-stories/189
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Elnino4ladies: 7:29am On Feb 11, 2017
Kog45:
ok but Mikel is one of my top(world)class player from my own perspective.Thanks.

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 7:34am On Feb 11, 2017
tbaba1234:

Zlatan at his prime was consistently among the top 5 or 10 in the world. Costa is probably at his prime now and can not really be considered to be at that height.
Seriously? Diego Costa is not considered in the elite category of strikers around at this moment? I must be in a freaking twilight zone.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:35am On Feb 11, 2017
Oshoala Joins Chinese Women’s League Club, Dalian Quanjian

www.soccernet.com.ng/2017/02/oshoala-joins-chinese-womens-league.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 7:38am On Feb 11, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Playing with World Class form does not make the player World Class. It is World Class form. A World Class Player maintains his World Class form for r a long time. After a long career, you can judge if the player was truly World Class or if the form shown earlier was just a flash in the pan.
What class is Diego Costa? Premier league class? Or local class? You must be kidding me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:45am On Feb 11, 2017
Efe Ambrose Continue To Impress In Training With Blackburn Rovers, FA Yet To Decide On Permit

Celtic outcast Efe Ambrose is still training with English Championship side Blackburn Rovers as he awaits the FA decision on his work permit following his deadline day move to Ewood Park.

Ambrose joined Rovers on the 1st of January but issues surrounding work permit has stopped him from playing in competitive games for Owen Coyle side.

However, Owngoalnigeria.com gathered that he has impressed the coach with his performances and fitness level despite his lack of games at Celtic for six months.

His performances is partly the reason why the club are yet to call off the deal, a week after it was concluded as they believe he will add a lot to their defence.

A decision is however expected next week, and if he fails to get a work permit he will return back to Celtic until August when his contract runs out.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/10/efe-ambrose-continue-to-impress-in-training-with-blackburn-rovers-fa-yet-to-decide-on-permit/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:47am On Feb 11, 2017
Rohr – Guardiola Knows Iheanacho Has Class, He Either Play Him Or Let Him Play Elsewhere

Coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr says out of favour Manchester City forward Kelechi Iheanacho has the quality to play regularly for the Citizens.

Iheanacho has not made the matchday squad for the team in their last four games, a situation which many believed was triggered by the signing of Brazilian forward Gabriel Jesus.

Gabriel Jesus fine form has not only kept Iheanacho out of the matchday squad, he has also reduced star forward Sergio Kun Aguero to the role of a substitute.

However the coach of the senior team of Nigeria believes that 20 year old Iheanacho has qualities which manager Pep Guardiola is aware of, and if he doesn’t get to play him, he will suggest the forward leave the Etihad.

” Kelechi has qualities and his manager is aware of that, but sometimes it depends on how the team plays. If he (Kelechi) is not getting games at City, the logical thing to do will be to move elsewhere and play”, Rohr told Owngoalnigeria.com in Sagamu.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/10/rohr-guardiola-knows-iheanacho-has-class-he-either-play-him-or-let-him-play-elsewhere/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:49am On Feb 11, 2017
Blackburn Rovers Manager Confirms Plans To Sign Efe Permanently In The Summer – He’s Shown His Quality As A Player

Celtic defender Efe Ambrose is “desperate” to be a Blackburn Rovers player, according to Owen Coyle.

The 28-year-old Nigerian’s remains in limbo as his loan move from Celtic Park to Rovers continues to hang on the awarding of a work permit.

That is no closer to arriving, Blackburn boss Coyle said. But he revealed that Ambrose could clinch a permanent move to Lancashire in the summer if he gets the chance to impress.

Ambrose is currently training with Rovers ahead of the move and Coyle told the Lancashire Telegraph : “It’s important that he does.

The group really like him, he doesn’t hold anything back in terms of the way he trains, and he shows that he wants to be part of it.

“The lad is desperate to be at Blackburn Rovers and kick-start his career.

“We are really awaiting the final word from the FA, ultimately it will be there decision, but hopefully we get good news.”

This is a player that has played 51 times for his country and in the Champions League so he’s played a very high level.

“He’s shown his qualities as a player and we hope the FA look at that and are sympathetic to that he’s a bona fide quality player.”

And the former St Johnstone and Bolton boss added: “Efe is out of contract in the summer so if he does well, that could be a view to trying to keep him.”

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/11/blackburn-rovers-manager-confirms-plans-to-sign-efe-permanently-in-the-summer-hes-shown-his-quality-as-a-player/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:59am On Feb 11, 2017
irrefragable:
i was surprised when i logged in nairaland early this morning to see 5 mentions all directing back to this thread. Although i understand 'irrefragable' is a word and people use it all the time but I think as regards this issue it should be dropped.

I've moved on after the incidence putting everything behind me leaving the thread in the process and i think everyone should move on and forget something like this ever happened

The incidence really cast me in a bad light like I'm a bad tempered person waiting for the slightest chance to erupt which I'm not.

I understand you have a family thing going on here and family protects their own right? But i still think you should put a chiding word across to that lady.

I've been on nairaland for close to a decade mainly as a guest (though I've used a few monikers now and then) and I'm telling you i know that username. She is rude. She attacks people for no reason not just in sports section, other sections too.

A chastising word in her direction would do her a world of good so she isn't tempted to say thrash to the wrong guy in the streets someday and get her comeuppance.

And please I REALLY REALLY WISH my attention will not be drawn back to this thread by way of mentions. For the sake of God, if possible please substitute the word 'irrefragable' for 'irrefutable' they both mean the same thing.

BTW thumbs up guys, great analysis.
Respect my guy!continue enjoy d thread and forget d past.

(1) (2) (3) ... (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) ... (16251) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Emmy450(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.