Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,471 members, 7,830,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (550) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11755139 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) ... (16183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:40pm On Feb 10, 2017
please bring up ajagun's stats for this season grin grin

forgiveness:

Last week I wrote about the rising numbers of players fighting for a position in the team and who should be the first and second choice. And those who are capable to play the role.

Today, I will like to forge ahead with the Midfield.

I will start with the attacking midfielders/second striker my number one choice is, hmmmmm, Alex Iwobi.

ATTACKING MIDFIELDER/ SECOND STRIKER

Alex Iwobi - Arsenal-fc; I think he is the only number ten we have in top club in Europe. He can hold unto ball, he can give through pass and he can also dribble very well. He is my favorite.

Kelechi Iheanacho - Man City; From my observations of this lad, he best utilized behind the striker and that position is what actually shot in limelight. This will afford him the opportunity to play freely on field without the restrictions of being stagnant in one position. I promise you, Kelechi must score or at worst provide assist in this role. He is my second choice.

Oghenekaro-etebo - CD Feirense; Even though, he can play different role, I think he is best utilized as a second striker. Etebor can play as a box to box midfielder if we want him to play alongside Iwobi or Nacho.

Abdul Ajagun - Roda; grin Hehehehe! At the mention of his name alone, every knee must bow. Eze-okwu. grin This lad is naturally a attacking midfielder who needs to be given a chance to prove himself. grin Anyway, he is on my list.

Josh Onomah- Tottenham; I have not taken time to see his game but he's also a natural attacking midfielder and I think he deserves to be given a trail. After all, he is playing for one of the best clubs in EPL. grin

Is there anyone I am missing? You can add yours.

CENTRAL MIDFIELDER

Mikel Obi- Chinko club; grin Arguably, he is the most experienced and most influential player on the list. We don't need too much stories though his Chinko move get k leg but I will him benefit of doubt.... until I see play. For now, he is my first choice.

Ogenyi-onazi - Trapazone; Without any doubt, he is the most experienced player after Mikel in the National team. Onazi can double as a CMF and Defensive midfielder. If he is not playing as a CMF then he most play as the defensive Midfielder.

Raheem Lawal - Kayserispor; I don't understand why this

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enigmaticmotik(m): 12:51pm On Feb 10, 2017
princesuko:

Nobody is doubting Mikels achievements but Kante is a different beast to Him and he has a higher Ceiling.

Higher calling @wot age If he were 2b in Chelsea @ the same time Mikel started he would have been long forgotten... #fact

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:10pm On Feb 10, 2017
chrisooblog:
please bring up ajagun's stats for this season grin grin

Hehehehe! You wan give me assignment, ba. grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 1:11pm On Feb 10, 2017
chrisooblog:
actually that 1994 AFCON was part of what brought him to limelight. he was included in the team of the tournament.

it is rare for a world class player to want to remain in one club and be a big fish in a small pond. if a player chooses to remain with that small club he will win them trophies case in point maradona went to a modest napoli and almost single handedly won titles for them. any player can shine in any domestic league but it is your overall contribution in other competitions like world cups, euros, champions league etc that will show your standing in world football. if i go by your argument then jardel and kevin philips are world class because they were goal kings for porto and sunderland respectively.

aside batistuta not many will agree that the names you mentioned are world class except their team mates and fans.

If going by your logic, we can safely say that Diego Costa is not a world class player because he did not get going at the last world cup,he didn't make the Spanish team to the last Euros and he has an abysmal record in the champions league. I can also point out Robin Van Persie, who at Arsenal won nothing but he was regarded as a world class player before he joined man utd. At Arsenal, he was part of the elite strikers in the world,this exposes the flaw in your argument. Alexander Hleb was absolutely class before his ill advised move to Barcelona where Pep ruined him.
I can go on and on..

If you really followed European Football, you would have known Juan Roman Riquelme was on of the best midfielders in Europe in his plum. Reycoba then at Inter Milan had the best left foot in Italy, at a time he was rated this best dribbler in the world, Ayala will get into any team in the world in his hey days, he was part of the unlucky guys Hector Cupar led to 2 champions league losses. Canizarez was the undisputed Spainish number 1. A friend of mine who went to France 98 told me how scared Nigeria were at the prospect of facing Canizarez.
I even forgot to add Pochettino, he won almost nothing but was top top class.

Life is not about how many trophies you won, there are little victories we achieve daily which don't come inform of plaques but they count.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:12pm On Feb 10, 2017
Forgiveness..... Nice list of options... I like your list... smiley

Abeg... What about Mikel Agu as an option in the DMF role? I also no see Sone Aluko for AMF role? Others dey boku.... smiley

Oga Forgiveness ehn.... If you can show some stats for each player e go make sense too ooo.... Or don't u think so? wink

Anyway... Nice one... Waiting for your list on our attack options (RWF, LWF, CF) and maybe you should do defence again (with stats this time).

U dey try..... smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:13pm On Feb 10, 2017
Chaaiiiii... See as you respond sharpaly.... grin
You and this Ajagun ehn... grin
Abeg... Consider my suggestion. smiley
forgiveness:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:17pm On Feb 10, 2017
Based on the number 3 best goal against Cameroun ; it's execution from start to finish, I'm tipping Victor Moses or Simon to be a key man against Cameroun when we meet them.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7YI5RZT2IH8

Cc

TheSuperNerd
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:22pm On Feb 10, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Forgiveness..... Nice list of options... I like your list... smiley

Abeg... What about Mikel Agu as an option in the DMF role? I also no see Sone Aluko for AMF role? Others dey boku.... smiley

Oga Forgiveness ehn.... If you can show some stats for each player e go make sense too ooo.... Or don't u think so? wink

Anyway... Nice one... Waiting for your list on our attack options (RWF, LWF, CF) and maybe you should do defence again (with stats this time).

U dey try..... smiley

Yeeeeeee! How I take miss Mikel Agu? angry grin

I will modify the post.

I already made mention of Sone Aluko in the Attacker's list. I will attach it with this.

About the stats, abeg, Help me na. grin I think you can do it better. grin

I have already done the attack, now,, it remains the defense.
Thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:24pm On Feb 10, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Chaaiiiii... See as you respond sharpaly.... grin

You and this Ajagun ehn... grin

Abeg... Consider my suggestion. smiley

Hehehehe!

I will only make the defense options but the stats go hard me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:39pm On Feb 10, 2017
Loolll... So you've seen the Afcon 2017 top 10 goals... smiley

If you ask me ehn... That goal was my best of the competition sef. grin

And yes, I get your point on Victor and Simon..... Lemme focus on just Victor smiley

Piqueti's goal against Cameroun was super executed indeed.

He displayed fantastic ball control, footwork, speed, good balance in sprint and excellent decision making in that one instant of brilliance.
I think in the Super Eagles... Victor Moses can score that kinda goal. He has the power, pace, skills, technique and footwork to take on the camerounian defence BUT sir DaveP, it won't be easy getting those kinda chances.

Remember that was Cameroun's second game at the Afcon, they were still growing into the tournament and their defensive synergy in that game was nothing compared to the class-act synergy they showed against Senegal and Ghana in latter stages.

What I am saying is this... We have the attack to take them on BUT remember, these camerounians got "the defence".

Any defence that can repel the attacking threats of Sadio mane, Keita Balde Diao, Moussa Sow, Mame Biram Diouf... Mehn!!! That defence is super strong and should be approached not just from the angle of individual attacking brilliance of our players... But from a truly deep tactical angle.

For instance, Cameroun almost always feels ruffled when a team exchanges quick sleek passes around their defensive network..... Ngadjui and Teiku aren't the quickest of defenders so such passes require "quick reaction" attacking players like Iwobi and Iheanacho... With Mikel as the orchestrator.

We need to out-pass and out-fox these guys in their own half.

Depending on just individual brilliance may be our doom. SENEGAL HAD LOTS OF INDIVIDUAL BRILLIANCE PLAYERS SCATTERED ALL OVER THE PITCH BUT NO OPPORTUNITY FOR SUCH MOMENT OF BRILLIANCE CAME.

IN conclusion, Victor moses will be key but don't count on only that... We must be prepared for any eventuality "AS A TEAM" COZ THESE LIONS HAVE GOT THEIR INDOMITABLE ROARS BACK.

daveP:
Based on the number 3 best goal against Cameroun ; it's execution from start to finish, I'm tipping Victor Moses or Simon to be a key man against Cameroun when we meet them.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7YI5RZT2IH8

Cc

TheSuperNerd
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:43pm On Feb 10, 2017
Na wa ooo... Stats list on me? Nna eh... Oga'm... I no fit do am now ooo.... Doing some tasks here.

Okay... I tell you what... Let's look at this weekend... You can post the stats you can lay your hands on or as time affords you while I will try dig into more this weekend (including sunday ooo).

Deal? smiley

forgiveness:

Yeeeeeee! How I take miss Mikel Agu? angry grin

I will modify the post.

I already made mention of Sone Aluko in the Attacker's list. I will attach it with this.

About the stats, abeg, Help me na. grin I think you can do it better. grin

I have already done the attack, now,, it remains the defense.
Thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:47pm On Feb 10, 2017
Defence options... Okay... For stats just do the one u fit do abeg. No kill urself shaa... smiley

And didn't know you added Aluko to the attack list. Please could you repost the attacks options?

Would really love to see it... smiley thanks...

forgiveness:

Hehehehe!

I will only make the defense options but the stats go hard me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:51pm On Feb 10, 2017
The Original Oyibo before before... Reuben Agboola

The big boss Keshi

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:56pm On Feb 10, 2017
yes it's too soon to label diego costa world class. has he done for spain? no! has he been consistently good in champions league? no! let him continue with his current form for the next 3-4 years then we can review our discussion. anybody can be a local champion next thing you will say godfrey chitalu is world class because he scored 127 goals in zambian league. RVP justified his world class status by winning something that's the point you are refusing to acknowledge what's the point of being an exceptional player if you can't influence your club or country to win something. sorry did you say hleb was absolute class? please bring up his stats at arsenal that made him so exceptional

i also rate cazorla, carrick is well respected, joe hart was a legend at man city but no one outside their team mates or fans will call them world class. if you see the shot wey taiye taiwo left leg dey tear you sef go fear grin wink

goldfish80:

If going by your logic, we can safely say that Diego Costa is not a world class player because he did not get going at the last world cup,he didn't make the Spanish team to the last Euros and he has an abysmal record in the champions league. I can also point out Robin Van Persie, who at Arsenal won nothing but he was regarded as a world class player before he joined man utd. At Arsenal, he was part of the elite strikers in the world,this exposes the flaw in your argument. Alexander Hleb was absolutely class before his ill advised move to Barcelona where Pep ruined him.
I can go on and on..

If you really followed European Football, you would have known Juan Roman Riquelme was on of the best midfielders in Europe in his plum. Reycoba then at Inter Milan had the best left foot in Italy, at a time he was rated this best dribbler in the world, Ayala will get into any team in the world in his hey days, he was part of the unlucky guys Hector Cupar led to 2 champions league losses. Canizarez was the undisputed Spainish number 1. A friend of mine who went to France 98 told me how scared Nigeria were at the prospect of facing Canizarez.
I even forgot to add Pochettino, he won almost nothing but was top top class.

Life is not about how many trophies you won, there are little victories we achieve daily which don't come inform of plaques but they count.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:01pm On Feb 10, 2017
guy that's why i like you. you don't hide things grin bros based on what you pasted what is so exciting about a player who has only 2 assists and a goal to his name in 18 matches?

forgiveness:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:31pm On Feb 10, 2017
forgiveness:

I want to make a list of players fighting for a position from the goalkeeper to the striker in the National team. I want us to arrange them based on your own rating. grin

I will start from the Left Wing.

LEFT WING

Victor Moses - Chelsea; Arguably, the best player for this position. With his tricks, he can unlock any defense in the world. In short, he is the most skilful player in the National team. He is the number one on my list. He can also play as a RM. grin- Now, who can deputize for him in case of the unexpected?

Now, let us choose between Moses Simon and Ademola-lookman though we have other players contending for this position. grin

Moses Simon - Gent; I don't really know what is happening to him recently but I think he is my second choice for now pending the guy behind him surpasses him. And who is that guy? cheesy

Ademola-lookman - Everton; This is the new kid on the block making rave in the Premier League. This guy could go places at the rate he has risen from nowhere to becoming a full team player within three years. He's a good dribbler, he is skilful, he can score goals and he can give an accurate long pass. I rate him highly than Moses Simon. grin

We also have Sheyi Ojo who plays for Liverpool.

RIGHT WING

Ahmed Musa - Lec city; He is not my preferred choice but he's of course the number one on my list based on experience and other factors. I think he is best used as a Left Winger or striker.

Who do you think is best to stand for him incase...? grin

I think....

Isaac Success of Watford is the answer and my preferred choice. He's a reminiscent of Victor Moses. He is very skillful and direct but he has lost his goal sense based on what I saw. Imagine, Victor Moses on the Left Wing with Success on the right wing, grin any team go fear fear na. grin

The next person is Sone Aluko of Fulham. I think he is most skilful not in the National team. He can play as a second striker and as an attacking midfielder. grin

Imoh Ezekiel could have been on the list but where em dey get as em be. grin

We have Noel Joel Sarenren Bazee also contending for this position. grin

Center Forward

This one I know know who I go put as number one for this position before some people chew me raw. Seriously, we need a potent striker in the mould of Diago Costa of Chelsea. grin

I don't want to think about Odion Ighalo because of em Chinko move. grin

Therefore, I will go for Aaron Samuel of CSK Moscow. grin It is my choice. grin You can choose yours. grin

The next will be Brown Ideye.

We have Adi, Sadiq Umar, Dominic Solanke, Tammy Abraham, Henry Onyekuru, Kayode Olanrewaju and

My front line up will be like this..

....... Victor (Lw)........ Aaron (CF)........ Isaac(RW)

................................ Iheanacho(Ss)/Iwobi depending on the formation.

Let me drop this one before moving to the midfield. grin

If there are some players missing please endeavor to add to the list then choose ya first and second choice. grin

Last week I wrote about the rising numbers of players fighting for a position in the team and who should be the first and second choice. And those who are capable to play the role.

I will start with the attacking midfielders/second striker my number one choice is, hmmmmm, Alex Iwobi.

Alex Iwobi - Arsenal-fc; I think he is the only number ten we have in a top club in Europe. He can hold unto ball, he can give a through pass and he can also dribble very well. He is my favorite.

Kelechi Iheanacho - Man City; From my observations of this lad, he is best utilized behind the striker and that position is what actually shot him into limelight. This will afford him the opportunity to play freely on field without the restrictions of being stagnant in one position. I promise you, Kelechi must score or at worst provide assist in this role. He is my second choice.

Oghenekaro-etebo - CD Feirense; Even though, he can play different roles, I think he is best utilized as a second striker. Etebor can play as a box to box midfielder if we want him to play alongside Iwobi or Nacho.

Abdul Ajagun - Roda; grin Hehehehe! At the mention of his name alone, every knee must bow. Eze-okwu. grin This lad is naturally an attacking midfielder who needs to be given a chance to prove himself. grin Anyway, he is on my list.

Josh Onomah- Tottenham; I have not taken time to see his game but he's also a natural attacking midfielder and I think he deserves to be given a trail. After all, he is playing for one of the best clubs in EPL. grin

CENTRAL MIDFIELDER

Mikel Obi- Chinko club; grin Arguably, he is the most experienced and most influential player on the list. We don't need too much stories though his Chinko move get k leg but I will give him benefit of doubt.... until I see him play. For now, he is my first choice.

Ogenyi-onazi - Trapazone; Without any doubt, he is the most experienced player after Mikel in the National team. Onazi can double as a CMF and Defensive midfielder. If he is not playing as a CMF then he must play as the defensive Midfielder.

Raheem Lawal - Kayserispor; I don't understand why this guy is not in the National team despite his stellar performance in the friendly. So far, he has been underatted by many without knowing he was the best player of the U23 Africa Olympics qualifiers tournament.

John Ogu; He is having the best season of his career. Although, he was noticed and given a call but but he wasn't given the chance to prove himself.

DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER

Wilfred Ndidi - Leicester; This is the new kid on the block. He is currently doing himself good in the EPL. However, he is my first choice if Onazi plays beside him as another DMF else he will have to understudy Onazi in this role.

Mikel Agu- Victoria Setubal; This lad is making waves in the Portuguese Liga. A run of MOT game after game should be enough to convince his doubters, he is ready for the National team. He's my preferred choice behind Ndidi.

Anderson Esiti - Gent; This lad is playing regularly for his Belgium club and he is doing well in this position. He deserves to be looked into.

Sanusi Ryan - Sparta Rotterdam; Many have not heard about this lad but I can tell you, he was part of the team that brought back Rotterdam to the Eredivisie. He scored goals from his position which made him to known as the DMF with high numbers of goals.

If you know more please endeavor to share.

................................ Iheanacho(Ss)/Iwobi depending on
the formation.

...................... Mikel Obi.......... Onazi

TheSuperNerd, TheGoodJoe, chrisooblog, Icon4s, Kog45, safarigirl, Tbaba1234, goldfish80, lakesidepapa, AIG07, Komekn, terzurum5, Joseph1013, BascoVanVeli chai! Why I con dey forget some moniker na? My apologies to those not mentioned.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:06pm On Feb 10, 2017
my slight adjustment to your line up would be to replace aaron with kelechi. aaron is just recovering plus i'm not convinced he can play the no. 9 role. kelechi for now has the best finishing stats in the super eagles. iwobi therefore gets the AM role unchallenged. i would play moses simon in place of success on the right wing. he played well against cameroon in our friendly against them 2 years back even scoring success plays more from the left side but i think he can also be tried out in the 9 role. i would also play ndidi in place of onazi. overall i also think i would tweak your formation to accommodate etebo his energy and aggressiveness would be invaluable against the cameroonians

[quote author=forgiveness post=53588469][/quote]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:10pm On Feb 10, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

When he performs at this level for a long time, we can label him World Class. For now, he has the potential to have a World Class career.

Word, right outta ma mouf!

Two seasons does not a world class footballer make. You need to perform at the highest level for much longer than that to be labeled world class.

O pari

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:15pm On Feb 10, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Loolll... So you've seen the Afcon 2017 top 10 goals... smiley

If you ask me ehn... That goal was my best of the competition sef. grin

And yes, I get your point on Victor and Simon..... Lemme focus on just Victor smiley

Piqueti's goal against Cameroun was super executed indeed.

He displayed fantastic ball control, footwork, speed, good balance in sprint and excellent decision making in that one instant of brilliance.
I think in the Super Eagles... Victor Moses can score that kinda goal. He has the power, pace, skills, technique and footwork to take on the camerounian defence BUT sir DaveP, it won't be easy getting those kinda chances.

Remember that was Cameroun's second game at the Afcon, they were still growing into the tournament and their defensive synergy in that game was nothing compared to the class-act synergy they showed against Senegal and Ghana in latter stages.

What I am saying is this... We have the attack to take them on BUT remember, these camerounians got "the defence".

Any defence that can repel the attacking threats of Sadio mane, Keita Balde Diao, Moussa Sow, Mame Biram Diouf... Mehn!!! That defence is super strong and should be approached not just from the angle of individual attacking brilliance of our players... But from a truly deep tactical angle.

For instance, Cameroun almost always feels ruffled when a team exchanges quick sleek passes around their defensive network..... Ngadjui and Teiku aren't the quickest of defenders so such passes require "quick reaction" attacking players like Iwobi and Iheanacho... With Mikel as the orchestrator.

We need to out-pass and out-fox these guys in their own half.

Depending on just individual brilliance may be our doom. SENEGAL HAD LOTS OF INDIVIDUAL BRILLIANCE PLAYERS SCATTERED ALL OVER THE PITCH BUT NO OPPORTUNITY FOR SUCH MOMENT OF BRILLIANCE CAME.

IN conclusion, Victor moses will be key but don't count on only that... We must be prepared for any eventuality "AS A TEAM" COZ THESE LIONS HAVE GOT THEIR INDOMITABLE ROARS BACK.

The tori long small.

Should I say that the fact that they felt they went far into knockout gave them one 'feeling' that happens to teams that reach KO? Cos that's what happens to Iceland @ Euros too.

I agree, but with African football, person for don shove this guy one neat push and end of brilliance, but they were just intertwining positions thru the left flank as this guy raced on. Cameroun came with lil confidence to this tourney(just like Iceland) and beating the favourites placed a psychological on them(i agree with all you said though).

grin the way it went sha, that goal, etc,(there wasn't even a DMF sef.) But that can help a lil if we want to do the 'soak up pressure' and do counters. That would be sweeter by imagination with just 3 gazelle footed guys alone. grin

They are rough however sha. But that goal, I repeat...... I must put it on replay.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:25pm On Feb 10, 2017
forgiveness:

I want to make a list of players fighting for a position from the goalkeeper to the striker in the National team. I want us to arrange them based on your own rating. grin

LEFT WING

Victor Moses - Chelsea; Arguably, the best player for this position. With his tricks, he can unlock any defense in the world. In short, he is the most skilful player in the National team. He is the number one on my list. He can also play as a RM. grin- Now, who can deputize for him in case of the unexpected?

Now, let us choose between Moses Simon and Ademola-lookman though we have other players contending for this position. grin

Moses Simon - Gent; I don't really know what is happening to him recently but I think he is my second choice for now pending the guy behind him surpasses him. And who is that guy? cheesy

Ademola-lookman - Everton; This is the new kid on the block making rave in the Premier League. This guy could go places at the rate he has risen from nowhere to becoming a full team player within three years. He's a good dribbler, he is skilful, he can score goals and he can give an accurate long pass. I rate him highly than Moses Simon. grin

RIGHT WING

Ahmed Musa - Lec city; He is not my preferred choice but he's of course the number one on my list based on experience and other factors. I think he is best used as a Left Winger or striker.

I think....

Isaac Success of Watford is the answer and my preferred choice. He's a reminiscent of Victor Moses. He is very skillful and direct but he has lost his goal sense based on what I saw. Imagine, Victor Moses on the Left Wing with Success on the right wing, grin any team go fear fear na. grin

The next person is Sone Aluko of Fulham. I think he is most skilful not in the National team. He can play as a second striker and as an attacking midfielder. grin

Center Forward

This one I know know who I go put as number one for this position before some people chew me raw. Seriously, we need a potent striker in the mould of Diago Costa of Chelsea. grin

Therefore, I will go for Aaron Samuel of CSK Moscow. grin It is my choice. grin You can choose yours. grin

We have Adi, Sadiq Umar, Dominic Solanke, Tammy Abraham, Henry Onyekuru, Kayode Olanrewaju and

................................ Iheanacho(Ss)/Iwobi depending on the formation.

If there are some players missing please endeavor to add to the list then choose ya first and second choice. grin

Alex Iwobi - Arsenal-fc; I think he is the only number ten we have in a top club in Europe. He can hold unto ball, he can give a through pass and he can also dribble very well. He is my favorite.

Kelechi Iheanacho - Man City; From my observations of this lad, he is best utilized behind the striker and that position is what actually shot him into limelight. This will afford him the opportunity to play freely on field without the restrictions of being stagnant in one position. I promise you, Kelechi must score or at worst provide assist in this role. He is my second choice.

Oghenekaro-etebo - CD Feirense; Even though, he can play different roles, I think he is best utilized as a second striker. Etebor can play as a box to box midfielder if we want him to play alongside Iwobi or Nacho.

Abdul Ajagun - Roda; grin Hehehehe! At the mention of his name alone, every knee must bow. Eze-okwu. grin This lad is naturally an attacking midfielder who needs to be given a chance to prove himself. grin Anyway, he is on my list.

CENTRAL MIDFIELDER

Mikel Obi- Chinko club; grin Arguably, he is the most experienced and most influential player on the list. We don't need too much stories though his Chinko move get k leg but I will give him benefit of doubt.... until I see him play. For now, he is my first choice.

Ogenyi-onazi - Trapazone; Without any doubt, he is the most experienced player after Mikel in the National team. Onazi can double as a CMF and Defensive midfielder. If he is not playing as a CMF then he must play as the defensive Midfielder.

Raheem Lawal - Kayserispor; I don't understand why this guy is not in the National team despite his stellar performance in the friendly. So far, he has been underatted by many without knowing he was the best player of the U23 Africa Olympics qualifiers tournament.

John Ogu; He is having the best season of his career. Although, he was noticed and given a call but but he wasn't given the chance to prove himself.

DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER

Wilfred Ndidi - Leicester; This is the new kid on the block. He is currently doing himself good in the EPL. However, he is my first choice if Onazi plays beside him as another DMF else he will have to understudy Onazi in this role.

Mikel Agu- Victoria Setubal; This lad is making waves in the Portuguese Liga. A run of MOT game after game should be enough to convince his doubters, he is ready for the National team. He's my preferred choice behind Ndidi.

Anderson Esiti - Gent; This lad is playing regularly for his Belgium club and he is doing well in this position. He deserves to be looked into.

Sanusi Ryan - Sparta Rotterdam; Many have not heard about this lad but I can tell you, he was part of the team that brought back Rotterdam to the Eredivisie. He scored goals from his position which made him to known as the DMF with high numbers of goals.

the formation.

TheSuperNerd, TheGoodJoe, chrisooblog, Icon4s, Kog45, safarigirl, Tbaba1234, goldfish80, lakesidepapa, AIG07, Komekn, terzurum5, chai! Why I con dey forget some moniker na? My apologies to those not mentioned.
looks a great list and a strong squad. You no go analyze defence?

Ehen! How far Solanke and Ibe? grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 3:53pm On Feb 10, 2017
@ Sir. Forgiveness.
Great list above.
But this your love for Ajagun na one kind o. Is/was he your neighbour? I still don't understand y you keep clamouring for him.

As for me, I 'll have to wait till after d series of matches(both friendly n Afcon matches) to be played prior to Aug. WCQs.

Note: we should only be expecting between 3-5new players to come into this team. I don't forsee too much tweaking of the team that has won 3 competitive game in a roll.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:28pm On Feb 10, 2017
guy you are way out of line. what has she done necessitating all this crudeness. we all share opinions without insulting each check the history of this thread we agree we disagree but we respect each other. this is a civil thread let's keep it that way

irrefragable:
If i had been close to you i would have given you the slap of your life. !diot. I know you have no manners but don't bring that sh! t to me.

aren't you ashamed of yourself, everybody in this forum know you as that b! tch that has no home training.

I have never quoted you and i know i will never so stay out of my way. The person i quoted (he quoted me first) i tried to play it civil with him and when i noticed the argument was going aggressive i backed out in a civil manner.

So please don't quote me again. i hate you with passion. Like I told him 'everybody have a right to their opinion ' so have yours and let me have mine in peace.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:38pm On Feb 10, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Na wa ooo... Stats list on me? Nna eh... Oga'm... I no fit do am now ooo.... Doing some tasks here.

Okay... I tell you what... Let's look at this weekend... You can post the stats you can lay your hands on or as time affords you while I will try dig into more this weekend (including sunday ooo).

Deal? smiley

Hehehehe! Abeg na! Do am na.... grin
You can see I have not been consistent here. It's because I have been very busy. That is why I don't want to engage in lengthy argument else I would not be able to follow-up. grin You know how we dey do am na. grin

However, try for weekend, abeg.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 4:40pm On Feb 10, 2017
@ Forgiveness, i think your list is ok but with the present synergy in the team, i will rather suggest we tweak the team a bit.

In central defense, we may test ken otigba for option.

We can test either of ebuehi, idowu or odubajo(if fit & switched) on our full backs & see where they perfectly suits the team- whether leftback or rightback.

Defensive midfielder to be weighed should be either esiti, ogu, raheem or mikel agu. We already have onazi, ndidi & shehu in that order. Though personally i will prefer mikel first.

Central/attacking midfield. We may test either henry onyekuru, sone, success or samuel kalu. They seem to have been the most impressive talents i have seen of recent of nigerian origin. Though this position is already loaded because we have Oghenekaro Etebo,Mikel Obi, victor Moses, Ahmed Musa, Alexander Iwobi & Moses Simon.

In attack, i think either of aaron samuel, Adi or young gun like osimhen (if fit) or abraham (if switched) will be a good addition to be tested along our strike force of kelechi, brown & ighalo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:17pm On Feb 10, 2017
irrefragable:
If i had been close to you i would have given you the slap of your life. !diot. I know you have no manners but don't bring that sh! t to me.

aren't you ashamed of yourself, everybody in this forum know you as that b! tch that has no home training.

[b]I have never quoted you and i know i will never[\b] so stay out of my way. The person i quoted (he quoted me first) i tried to play it civil with him and when i noticed the argument was going aggressive i backed out in a civil manner.

So please don't quote me again. i hate you with passion. Like I told him 'everybody have a right to their opinion ' so have yours and let me have mine in peace.
so in your small, vapid mind, what do you think you just did?

So you carried your useless, godforsaken self to this thread to insult people and you think everyone will just be watching you insult your ancestors because you're who?

If you think I care what you and the other rats on this site think of me, you must have forgottten your brain in your mother's womb.

You hate me, lol, who your like epp? Who are you sef and of what importance are you in my life that you assume I care what you feel about me?

You better know your place around here and address people with respect rather than barking up and down like a rabid dog. Imagine this nonentity, how did you even find your way here? Oponu oshi

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 5:18pm On Feb 10, 2017
Admin pls do something to this irrefragable guy, we don't share hate here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:20pm On Feb 10, 2017
forgiveness:

LEFT WING

RIGHT WING

I think....

Center Forward

CENTRAL MIDFIELDER

DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER

the formation.

TheSuperNerd, TheGoodJoe, chrisooblog, Icon4s, Kog45, safarigirl, Tbaba1234, goldfish80, lakesidepapa, AIG07, Komekn, terzurum5, chai! Why I con dey forget some moniker na? My apologies to those not mentioned.
Good formation with good players but don't forget that it's not compulsory for all good players to make d team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:23pm On Feb 10, 2017
irrefragable:

I have never quoted you and i know i will never so stay out of my way. The person i quoted (he quoted me first) i tried to play it civil with him and when i noticed the argument was going aggressive i backed out in a civil manner.

Easy man. It ain't that serious.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:06pm On Feb 10, 2017
zicky:
Admin pls do something to this irrefragable guy, we don't share hate here
U are right,but d guy must have used d word HATE in annoyance.We should know that though is a faceless forum but that should not give us audacity to talk anyhow coz we are here to share ideas,though some comments shows hatred and are absurds but u know what w need to show maturity in response.

I remember a serious argument i had with Michael2 that guys in d house needed to come in and settled.Despite that we do quotes.I w never forget him quoting and said what did i take this morning to share d same view with him over a comment and i replied that it w take a very intelligent minds and those who knows football to really thumb me up.

I have said it several times,that in this thread we have different types of pundits,we have good analysers of d game who are not sentimental in their comments whether they like d player or not but some are here to spread d hatred they have for players in their comments.

Honestly w need to raise our maturity level in our comments coz a lot of guests are always here for information and we must make d thread credible or else we are going to lose d credibility.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by irrefragable: 6:14pm On Feb 10, 2017
safarigirl:
so in your small, vapid mind, what do you think you just did?

So you carried your useless, godforsaken self to this thread to insult people and you think everyone will just be watching you insult your ancestors because you're who?

If you think I care what you and the other rats on this site think of me, you must have forgottten your brain in your mother's womb.

You hate me, lol, who your like epp? Who are you sef and of what importance are you in my life that you assume I care what you feel about me?

You better know your place around here and address people with respect rather than barking up and down like a rabid dog. Imagine this nonentity, how did you even find your way here? Oponu oshi
like i said you are lucky this is just online that's why you spew thrash and get away with it. I would have dealt with you and awaited whatever consequences that might come out of it such that even if I have to go to jail it will be worth it.

But then again I know you are just a coward in reality you only form courage when online.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by irrefragable: 6:20pm On Feb 10, 2017
chrisooblog:
guy you are way out of line. what has she done necessitating all this crudeness. we all share opinions without insulting each check the history of this thread we agree we disagree but we respect each other. this is a civil thread let's keep it that way

you have been following my comments and saw that i didn't try to disparage anyone. The question is why will this lady feel she can just insult anyone because this is an online forum?

(1) (2) (3) ... (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) ... (16183) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, forgiveness, Hanibal(m), jolly94 and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.