Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,766 members, 7,851,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:58 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (551) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11874214 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) ... (16251) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by princesuko(m): 6:25pm On Feb 10, 2017
For those of You saying A world Class Player has to be consistent for 6-7 years what does that Make Griezmann?

Kante is a World Class Player IMO, for those saying he hasn't done it in the Champions League , You can Only beat what's in front of You. I am sure Kante would do well in UCL if he doesn't I would retract my statements. smiley

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tglobal(m): 6:27pm On Feb 10, 2017
We can only maintain this thread as a civil forum if people refrain from using personal insults and abusive words.

However, what I can't fathom is why two people will take a go at each other with derogatory comments and only one takes a stick and cautioned. What am I missing here?

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 10, 2017
No no....this sh!t is getting outta hand. Everyone mustn't agreed on one thing and thats a common fact!
We all agreed that mikel is talented.
But not all could agreed he's world class(including me).

Safarigirl and Irrefragable, lets move on! cool

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 10, 2017
tglobal:
We can only maintain this thread as a civil forum if people refrain from using personal insults and abusive words.

However, what I can't fathom is why two people will take a go at each other with derogatory comments and only one takes a stick and cautioned. What am I missing here?

One is seen as chairlady of the house while the other is seen as ordinary guest

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 6:39pm On Feb 10, 2017
Chrismario:

If you see a guy and a lady on the street insulting each other who would you caution.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:47pm On Feb 10, 2017
irrefragable:
like i said you are lucky this is just online that's why you spew thrash and get away with it. I would have dealt with you and awaited whatever consequences that might come out of it such that even if I have to go to jail it will be worth it.

But then again I know you are just a coward in reality you only form courage when online.
lol, dealt with someone you don't know, how?

You better stop smoking whatever is disturbing your head before you kill yourself.

Somebody will just stay in one corner and be hating who they don't even know based on online perception, is that normal?

Na so so crase people full this internet. grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:48pm On Feb 10, 2017
tglobal:

the comments apparently undecided

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tglobal(m): 6:48pm On Feb 10, 2017
zicky:
If you see a guy and a lady on the street insulting each other who would you caution.

You cation the man because the woman is at a disadvantage in a physical brawl.

This however has no way of getting physical, so I don't see why gender should be a consideration. I also hold that it is insulting to step in to defend someone on an online forum, simply because they are female because it is implicitly assuming that they do not have the capacity to do so and her fragile Frankly, it is insulting to safarigirl (or any woman for that matter) for anyone to think they can't stand up for themselves intellectually or verbally. From what I see here, safarigirl is well able to handle herself and shouldn't need people standing up for her.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:51pm On Feb 10, 2017
Chrismario:

Pls be a mediator and don't escalate d issue.Nobody own this thread but what w bring u out is your analytical views of things,so giving respect to some guys here is not their own making but they earned it through their contribution to d thread.

Pls irrefragable and Safarigirl take it cool and lets us move on.Do u know is possible u are brother and sister coz this is a faceless forum.Abeg o

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 6:57pm On Feb 10, 2017
tglobal:

This however has no way of getting physical, so I don't see why gender should be a consideration. I also hold that it is insulting to step in to defend someone on an online forum, simply because they are female because it is implicitly assuming that they do not have the capacity to do so and her fragile Frankly, it is insulting to safarigirl (or any woman for that matter) for anyone to think they can't stand up for themselves intellectually or verbally. From what I see here, safarigirl is well able to handle herself and shouldn't need people standing up for her.
Nowhere did anyone stood up for safarigirl, I just don't like when people use the word "hate" on a fellow human, I do caution people around me whenever they do so.

If they like they should insult eachother from now till thy kingdom come wetin concern me cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:09pm On Feb 10, 2017
tglobal:

Good talk but u know what a woman w always be a woman but in this kind of a situation man must mellowed and let d silent do d talking,though it's difficult but u earned people's respect.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:10pm On Feb 10, 2017
No promises shaa... But lemme see what the weekend and next week brings. smiley

Keep up the good work and ehmm... All the best in your endeavours.

forgiveness:

Hehehehe! Abeg na! Do am na.... grin
You can see I have not been consistent here. It's because I have been very busy. That is why I don't want to engage in lengthy argument else I would not be able to follow-up. grin You know how we dey do am na. grin

However, try for weekend, abeg.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 10, 2017
Kog45:
Pls be a mediator and don't escalate d issue.Nobody own this thread but what w bring u out is your analytical views of things,so giving respect to some guys here is not their own making but they earned it through their contribution to d thread.

Pls irrefragable and Safarigirl take it cool and let us move on.Do u know is possible u are brother and sister coz this is a faceless forum.Abeg o

Lol Big bro.
Not that im putting fuel for Fire
I gave a reply to a person who care to ask

This is my first comment

||
||
\/

Chrismario:
No no....this sh!t is getting outta hand. Everyone mustn't agreed on one thing and thats a common fact!
We all agreed that mikel is talented.
But not all could agreed he's world class(including me).

Safarigirl and Irrefragable, lets move on! cool

And again with all due respect, i dont tink its wise becos one has gained ground on this forum, it would be a right to say whatever and you expect d opponent to be mute

Judgements are ought to be balance

#Peace

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 10, 2017
zicky:
Nowhere did anyone stood up for safarigirl, I just don't like when people using the world "hate" on a fellow human, I do caution people around me whenever they do so.

If they like they should insult eachother from now till thy kingdom come wetin concern me cheesy

grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 10, 2017
zicky:

tglobal:

I cant say any better
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:27pm On Feb 10, 2017
Mr. Irrefragable... "Hate with a passion" are very strong words to use.

Also calling her a "B!tch"...... Nooooooooo..... You crossed the line.

You even threatened to beat her up if you met her in real life. Lawd!

You even said you don't mind going to jail for beating her up so mercilessly Goodness me! Imagine the intensity of the hate you confess....

It's obvious you've been an observer here and just had something to say. But you don't go about things the way you just did.

Mister, you are WRONG!!!!

This is not taking sides because something leads to something. Goodness me!

You read when she typed, "I am the resident trash talker" around here. Why didn't that tell you something? She even played sarcasm on herself.... And in that post she was calling you to order not insulting you.

Now, you have allowed your "hate for her" make you say things I know you would not wanna say because from your first comments on this thread, you said you don't like to argue much coz it would likely lead to insults (that was your first wrong assumption directed at my moniker).

Now you don't like to argue... Why didn't you just stick to that code of yours knowing that going against it will make you say all that you just said.

HONESTLY, I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHEN YOU SAID THEM. I was shocked on seeing Safarigirl's comments and decided to read the comments she quoted and behold I saw the "reason"

Mister Irrefragable.... Your Opinions are welcome BUT don't expect most of them not to be debated. smiley

Your words to Safarigirl reminds me of my experience late last year (on this same thread) when someone also said he hates me. Like seriously, why would you guys allow hate occupy a part of your heart for someone you have never met and probably will never meet?

Don't you know when you hate someone, you are surrendering control of part of your emotions to that person? **smh**

This is wrong.... And you know it.

Safarigirl.... Please... I understand your reactions... But please... Let it all go. Please....

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:50pm On Feb 10, 2017
Thank you so much my brother!

irrefragable:
you don't need to show me his stats. This player won 4 APOTY when our own mikel couldn't even manage to get one

This player singlehandedly won matches for man city when our own mikel is been brought in on second half to 'pack the bus'
This player would rather leave a club than seat on the bench our mikel will gladly sit on the bench even accept pay cut in chelsea just because he wants to stay up to the required number of years that will make him eligible for a uk visa.

Right now our mikel doesn't know if he's a defensive midfielder or an attacking midfielder, playing defensive for club and attacking for national team. Like seriously, who does that?

Other defensive midfielders plays the role well and even pushes attack sometimes scoring our mikel only knows how to lock the defense and even dulls the attack

Someone said mikel has a high pass accuracy. I ask, which pass accuracy? is it the one he always passes the ball back to defenders or to keeper.

And that's the person one supernerd and co calls world class. I've always said Nigerians glorify what's a bit above average. If you say the truth they'll all attack you because mikel is a nigerian and they are Nigerians.

World-class players power their team to victory when it matters most check out players like Ronaldinho, de lima, Drogba and the rest. These are players that can never be benched by any team in the world.

Someone was saying if mikel had played for a team like Barcelona..... Like seriously? Barcelona can never contract a DM like mikel because they are an attacking team and mikel is a defensive player. Only team like chelsea that needs to park the bus from time to time will contract him. If you tell them this they will call you a mikel hater.

I can go on and on but I'm tired of typing already let me just stop here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:59pm On Feb 10, 2017
tglobal:

You are a fair-minded person. It's a shame what goes on here sometimes particularly when a person holds a contrary opinion and expresses it especially if he is a new poster. He'd be hounded, yapped at, attacked with stunning, shocking and appalling viciousness. Some quietly retreat to the sidelines, others hit back. How would this thread be enriched if all opinions are in one color and stripe? I visit this thread daily and I have observed that Goodjoe can argue relentlessly but I have noticed he rarely goes into the gutter of trading abuses and insults with anyone. Even if you as a person is insulted, rise above it. Be an adult. Show the insulter that you have self respect and be gracious to him or her. Football has never made a person my enemy rather football has made many my friends.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:00pm On Feb 10, 2017
I'm definitely new in nairaland. but i've known about this site for a thousand years.
I know some people here own it due to just being here forever..

great way to regain lost self esteem (on the internet). Maybe one day the owner will give u a cut in one of his trips from the bank.

Chrismario:

Lol Big bro.
Not that im putting fuel for Fire
I gave a reply to a person who care to ask

This is my first comment

||
||
\/

And again with all due respect, i dont tink its wise becos one has gained ground on this forum, it would be a right to say whatever and you expect d opponent to be mute

Judgements are ought to be balance

#Peace

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 8:11pm On Feb 10, 2017
forgiveness:

Abdul Ajagun - Roda;Hehehehe! At the mention of his name alone, every knee must bow. Eze-okwu.This lad is naturally an attacking midfielder who needs to be given a chance to prove himself.Anyway, he is on my list.

To laught at you de hungry me. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 8:28pm On Feb 10, 2017
tglobal:

baba fact is that one is seen as chairlady, the other na newcomer. sir irrefragable, you are welcome

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 10, 2017
Certitude:

baba fact is that one is seen as chairlady, the other na newcomer. sir irrefragable, you are welcome

cool cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:37pm On Feb 10, 2017
Abeg anybody that has Wilfred Ndidi's number should call him and tell him to put up a MOTM performance tomorrow too. He should help my FPL.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 8:48pm On Feb 10, 2017
Joebie:
I'm definitely new in nairaland. but i've known about this site for a thousand years.
I know some people here own it due to just being here forever..

great way to regain lost self esteem (on the internet). Maybe one day the owner will give u a cut in one of his trips from the bank.

You new give kinda asked for it. You all enter here to pick on someone. How many of you have been subtly jabbed like thegoodjoe, yet he has no issue even with safarigirl abi no be the same person wey tackle sir thegoodjoe on iheanacho's issue.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:56pm On Feb 10, 2017

Certitude:

You new give kinda asked for it. You all enter here to pick on someone. How many of you have been subtly jabbed like thegoodjoe, yet he has no issue even with safarigirl abi no be the same person wey tackle sir thegoodjoe on iheanacho's issue.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:57pm On Feb 10, 2017
which club u dey support?

safarigirl:
Abeg anybody that has Wilfred Ndidi's number should call him and tell him to put up a MOTM performance tomorrow too. He should help my FPL.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:08pm On Feb 10, 2017
Your comment reek of bias.... So shove it!

Just look at how you captured the whole thing.

Na wa oooo... So much bias in one post. So because someone is new, he should be allowed to spill "nonsense" right?? He should be allowed to throw shades??

Have you ever noticed that when a newbie on the thread wanna gain relevance or attention, they either take a hit at me or safarigirl?? Have you noticed that, Mr Fairness??

Pity how you view things thru selected angles... Big pity.

Amazing how some of you walk into this thread claiming peacemakers and fair-mindedness when all you do is subtly stoke the fire.

This thread is about the Super Eagles.... And her bright future. Not about seeking relevance on a faceless forum.

Mujtahida:

[s]You are a fair-minded person. It's a shame what goes on here sometimes particularly when a person holds a contrary opinion and expresses it especially if he is a new poster. He'd be hounded, yapped at, attacked with stunning, shocking and appalling viciousness. Some quietly retreat to the sidelines, others hit back. How would this thread be enriched if all opinions are in one color and stripe? I visit this thread daily and I have observed that Goodjoe can argue relentlessly but I have noticed he rarely goes into the gutter of trading abuses and insults with anyone. Even if you as a person is insulted, rise above it. Be an adult. Show the insulter that you have self respect and be gracious to him or her. Football has never made a person my enemy rather football has made many my friends.[/s]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 9:41pm On Feb 10, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Your comment reek of bias.... So shove it!

Just look at how you captured the whole thing.

Na wa oooo... So much bias in one post. So because someone is new, he should be allowed to spill "nonsense" right?? He should be allowed to throw shades??

Have you ever noticed that when a newbie on the thread wanna gain relevance or attention, they either take a hit at me or safarigirl?? Have you noticed that, Mr Fairness??

Pity how you view things thru selected angles... Big pity.

Amazing how some of you walk into this thread claiming peacemakers and fair-mindedness when all you do is subtly stoke the fire.

This thread is about the Super Eagles.... And her bright future. Not about seeking relevance on a faceless forum.

Just tell me you stole this from my mind. I wanted to say this but I felt cats would get hurt.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:48pm On Feb 10, 2017
Joebie:
which club u dey support?

anyone that fields a Nigerian

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:56pm On Feb 10, 2017
Mikel world class player...I guess China is the new substitute for world...Soo...China Class Player?

If you think Mikel is world class then you my friend have been consuming a tad too much akpu. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 9:59pm On Feb 10, 2017
safarigirl:
anyone that fields a Nigerian
I think we support same club grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 10:01pm On Feb 10, 2017
Wingback:
Mikel world class player...I guess China is the new substitute for world...Soo...China Class Player?

If you think Mikel is world class then you my friend have been consuming a tad too much akpu. lipsrsealed

Tevez is also a China class player

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) ... (16251) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Giv3n, BankyGee(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.