Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,087 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5521) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11654104 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5518) (5519) (5520) (5521) (5522) (5523) (5524) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:52pm On Feb 14, 2019
Danielnino00:

Nope..

Why?

Why do u always make an indefinite article "An" precede a consonant "H" in ur sentences, even when the consonant aint silent?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:52pm On Feb 14, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Above 22 by what? A second, a minute, days, months or years.

Sir goodjoe nacho is not 22 years ,nacho is not old ,but nacho is not 22 years ,take it or leave it

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:53pm On Feb 14, 2019
andrew444:

Agreed bro I have no proof ,yes not all African are age cheat that's

Even the ones that claim I am wrong have no proof so we are all the same

The biggest age cheat are the South Americans but many people on this thread will refuse to believe in me ,maybe because they believe the South Americans are better than Africa ,don't know their reasons .

Tell me the South American you know who was above 30 years old carrying an U20 passport.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:54pm On Feb 14, 2019
andrew444:

Sir goodjoe nacho is not 22 years ,nacho is not old ,but nacho is not 22 years ,take it or leave it

You are funny. You just run with take it or leave it.

Do not worry, I will leave it because I believe you have nothing to back the comment. .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:55pm On Feb 14, 2019
ChrisKels:

Can u give a single rational point to back up ur assertion? Or, this is u being preposterous with ur usual preconceptions?

What exactly do u even know about African football that u wanna take us on?

Oga chriskels You know what I am saying ,But I have no proof

But do you also have proof ? No

90 percent of African players reduce their age ,the best ones are the ones who remove 4/5 years

I like you guys for always defending our players

Am just saying reality which many of you know deep down in your minds

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:55pm On Feb 14, 2019
Mickael2:

You are a bad man walahi grin

That thing dey irritate me, honestly. Ppl who write that way, appear half-baked, to me. As thick as ur assent is, it shouldn't affect ur written English, as long as u once hit the four walls. Sorry if that was brash
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:56pm On Feb 14, 2019
ChrisKels:

Why do u always make an indefinite article "An" precede a consonant "H" in ur sentences, even when the consonant aint silent?

Its just my own way of writing ..

Is it peculiar to Edo people or what?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:56pm On Feb 14, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

You are funny. You just run with take it or leave it.

Do not worry, I will leave it because I believe you have nothing to back the comment. .

No sir

I think you don't speak your mind ,we know the truth no need for you to even comment back because deep down you get my point
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:59pm On Feb 14, 2019
andrew444:

No sir

I think you don't speak your mind ,we know the truth no need for you to even comment back because deep down you get my point

Which truth do you know? From no where, you falsified the four years and above of Mikel. Now you are shouting not 22 years old.

As I said before, I have more faith in Science than them say.

Nacho passed the MRI test and that is good enough for me. Than what my mind thinks. My mind thinking is not close to pass as fact.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:03pm On Feb 14, 2019
ChrisKels:

That thing dey irritate me, honestly. Ppl who write that way, appear half-baked, to me. As thick as ur assent is, it shouldn't affect ur written English, as long as u once hit the four walls. Sorry if that was brash

I share the same sentiments with you which is why I understood the joke. It really is irritating especially when Anambra people start theirs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:03pm On Feb 14, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Which truth do you know? From no where, you falsified the four years and above of Mikel. Now you are shouting not 22 years old.

As I said before, I have more faith in Science than them say.

Nacho passed the MRI test and that is good enough for me. Than what my mind thinks. My mind thinking is not close to pass as fact.

Lol passing MRI ?

No wonder Nigerians are still voting Buhari again

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:03pm On Feb 14, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Tell me the South American you know who was above 30 years old carrying an U20 passport.

I never said any player of we u20 carrying 30 years passport

Stop changing mouth sir

I said many players are age cheat ,did I tell you during mikel u20 days he was 30 ? I only said he reduced about 4 years so please stop twisting

Did I tell you any Brazil u20 is 30 years old ?

Go and check Brazil u20 World Cup squad 2005 and see how many is remaining ,our own mikel had a better career Than all of them

Only Diego tardelli rafinha of Bayern and some others few had a better career

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:06pm On Feb 14, 2019
Danielnino00:

Its just my own way of writing ..

Is it peculiar to Edo people or what?

It is an atrocity. Av it checked, if u'r already wont to it. Just stop it. I would rather one used slangs than intentionally make oneself look inept of the rudiments of the English language. How to use "a" and "an" is an elementary study nah
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 9:07pm On Feb 14, 2019
andrew444:

I am just saying what I know about Nigeria football

Mikel is one of the few with lower ages in the 2005 world youth championship ,I repeat mikel removed about 4 years from his age ,take it or leave it,if you like make him be your class mate self na fact I dey yarn so

The rest are players who reduced about 10 years

Waiting for someone to come and tell me John owoeri and co didn't deduct about 8/10 from their age

What makes it fact, that it comes from you? Abeggi!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 9:08pm On Feb 14, 2019
tbaba1234:

They are participating in a tournament in Turkey.

that's great.

Hope be does well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:11pm On Feb 14, 2019
junnyjake:

What makes it fact, that it comes from you? Abeggi!

And what's make you also correct ?

Smh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 9:21pm On Feb 14, 2019
andrew444:

You can call me an hater if you see me as one as you are welcome bro and I will accept being the hater trust me

I am telling you guys how African and naija football works ,for una mind una no say I dey talk truth,I said mikel reduced 4 years from his age which is young take it or leave it

Na me hate mikel but na Be go dey monitor championship because of am

No matter wetin I talk e no fit bring any player down,e no go reduce the player salary ,I am just a football fan being realistic

Leave me make I talk football and not to pretend like others ,who God has blessed no man can bring down .

If what I am saying concerning our players age makes me an hater then I accept it

Now make I burst una bubbles

You guys know I love iheanacho ? But that dude is above 22 years,now I am an hater to iheanacho Bt always argue with people who diss him .

With this knowledge of yours, can you in all sincerity look at Chidozie Awaziem and say he's 4 years older?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 9:34pm On Feb 14, 2019
andrew444:

And what's make you also correct ?

Smh

I wasn't the one who brought up doubts about Mikel's age?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:40pm On Feb 14, 2019
junnyjake:

With this knowledge of yours, can you in all sincerity look at Chidozie Awaziem and say he's 4 years older?

I cannot speak for all player sir

Naija football has Changed

I will not say awaziem is older ,awaziem is young and looks like his age just like mikel ,I can't say more than that

Naija football have been upgraded ,am still yet to see a player who remove about 10 years from his age at the moment

The reason why most of you here are deceiving your self ,you won't believe taiwo or efe Ambrose age but when it comes to mikel and others players una go turn to their landlord,neighbor wey no everything

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:51pm On Feb 14, 2019
andrew444:

Agreed bro I have no proof ,yes not all African are age cheat that's

Even the ones that claim I am wrong have no proof so we are all the same

The biggest age cheat are the South Americans but many people on this thread will refuse to believe in me ,maybe because they believe the South Americans are better than Africa ,don't know their reasons .

That was your statement. I know of cases of people over 30 claiming U-20 in this country but I am yet to hear of such in South America. So I am pointing out to you that your bolded statement is hard to believe.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:53pm On Feb 14, 2019
andrew444:

Lol passing MRI ?

No wonder Nigerians are still voting Buhari again

What do you know about MRI? If you have an idea of the science behind it, you will cool down with your arguments on it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:17pm On Feb 14, 2019
alkeepers: Amos Benjamin (Bayelsa United); Makanjuola Adewale (Ekiti United); Anozie Chinedu (FC IfeanyiUbah); Stanley Nwabili (Enyimba FC)
Nigeria Ddream Team VI won the U-23 Africa Cup of Nations in Senegal Nigeria Ddream Team VI won the U-23 Africa Cup of Nations in Senegal
Defenders: John Lazarus (Lobi Stars); Chidera Eze (Rangers International); Anumudu Udochukwu (Lobi Stars); Austin Ugochukwu (Kano Pillars); Chinedu Ajana (Katsina United); Kehinde Adeyemi (Sunshine Stars); Ndah Olisah (Remo Stars); Chinwendu Ali (Yobe Stars); Ebube Duru (Lobi Stars)
Midfielders: Ayobami Junior (Shooting Stars); Isah Ndala (Nasarawa United); William Ukeme (Wikki Tourists); Olatunji Matthew (Enyimba FC); Seth Mayi (Plateau United); Yusuf Maigoro (Kano Pillars); Iwuala Anayo (Kada City); Cletus Emotan (Rivers United); Chigozie Obasi (Sunshine Stars); Chukwudi Agor (ASJ, Owerri)
Forwards: Etiboy Akpan (Akwa United); Anas Mohammed (Shooting Stars); Chijoke Alaekwe (FC IfeanyiUbah); Shamman Tanze (Kano Pillars); Agboola Joshua (Katsina United); Wari Williams (Nasarawa United); Ebuka Okeke (Lamray United); Tolu Ojo (Remo Stars); Wasiu Alalade (Enyimba FC); Solomon Nsude (FC IfeanyiUbah)

The 33 Home-based Players invited For U-23 AFCON Qualifier vs Libya

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:44pm On Feb 14, 2019
mostob:
alkeepers: Amos Benjamin (Bayelsa United); Makanjuola Adewale (Ekiti United); Anozie Chinedu (FC IfeanyiUbah); Stanley Nwabili (Enyimba FC)
Nigeria Ddream Team VI won the U-23 Africa Cup of Nations in Senegal Nigeria Ddream Team VI won the U-23 Africa Cup of Nations in Senegal
Defenders: John Lazarus (Lobi Stars); Chidera Eze (Rangers International); Anumudu Udochukwu (Lobi Stars); Austin Ugochukwu (Kano Pillars); Chinedu Ajana (Katsina United); Kehinde Adeyemi (Sunshine Stars); Ndah Olisah (Remo Stars); Chinwendu Ali (Yobe Stars); Ebube Duru (Lobi Stars)
Midfielders: Ayobami Junior (Shooting Stars); Isah Ndala (Nasarawa United); William Ukeme (Wikki Tourists); Olatunji Matthew (Enyimba FC); Seth Mayi (Plateau United); Yusuf Maigoro (Kano Pillars); Iwuala Anayo (Kada City); Cletus Emotan (Rivers United); Chigozie Obasi (Sunshine Stars); Chukwudi Agor (ASJ, Owerri)
Forwards: Etiboy Akpan (Akwa United); Anas Mohammed (Shooting Stars); Chijoke Alaekwe (FC IfeanyiUbah); Shamman Tanze (Kano Pillars); Agboola Joshua (Katsina United); Wari Williams (Nasarawa United); Ebuka Okeke (Lamray United); Tolu Ojo (Remo Stars); Wasiu Alalade (Enyimba FC); Solomon Nsude (FC IfeanyiUbah)

The 33 Home-based Players invited For U-23 AFCON Qualifier vs Libya

Wasiu Alalade again!!

Shammah Tanze is shown on the CAF website as being born in 1992, making him 27.

http://www.cafonline.com/en-us/competitions/13theditionofcafconfederationcup/TeamDetails/playerdetails?CompetitionPlayerId=sQHKF5YIfpTVvGcNJqh30kRnQx7YUuqq206kSkOv2ne9m2z3UCQ0Qx9S6eGFyyu3

NFF better sort that out before an opponent files a complaint.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:57pm On Feb 14, 2019
tbaba1234:

Wasiu Alalade again!!

Shamman Tanze is shown on the CAF website as being born in 1992, making him 27.

http://www.cafonline.com/en-us/competitions/13theditionofcafconfederationcup/TeamDetails/playerdetails?CompetitionPlayerId=sQHKF5YIfpTVvGcNJqh30kRnQx7YUuqq206kSkOv2ne9m2z3UCQ0Qx9S6eGFyyu3

NFF better sort that out before an opponent files a complaint.
both aforementioned players might get dropped sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:04am On Feb 15, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

How can you even say he is correct? Do you know what a 16-18 year old boy looks like? Mikel was picked up by Pepsi Academy at 12 years old. If Mikel was as Andrew444 claims, 4 or more years older than his claimed age, then, Mikel was 16 or more. When he was found as a 12 years old.

Sorry, it is not true that Mikel is four years older than his true age.
You're acting like you don't know how some of these naija "academies" work.
How many times have we heard stories of players who come for trials but get told they are too "small" and should go down an age grade??
I'm not saying Mikel shaved off 4 years(maybe he did, maybe he didn't) but let's not use "he was found as 12" talk as proof he is truly 12....this is naija...everything and anything is possible.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:21am On Feb 15, 2019
edi287:

How many times have we heard stories of players who come for trials but get told they are too "small" and should go down an age grade??

I'm not saying Mikel shaved off 4 years(maybe he did, maybe he didn't) but let's not use "he was found as 12" talk as proof he is truly 12....this is naija...everything and anything is possible.

Found as 12. It is difficult to be 16 and above and claim 12.

The know how academy point you are saying is not a factual point. As you have said, "heard stories". Most of these arguments are rumor Mills.

Finito.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:24am On Feb 15, 2019
edi287:

Mikel was found as 12. Four years or so later when he played for Plateau United, he was seen as a secondary school boy. If the 4 years older theory was true, then he was found at 16 years and 4 years later, the Plateau United fans saw a 20 years old man and criticised the coach for fielding a Secondary school boy. Is that possible? Definitely not. The 4 years shaved off Mikel's age is simply not true.

Finito.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:31am On Feb 15, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Found at 12. It is difficult to be 16 and above and claim 12.

The know how academy point you are saying is not a factual point. As you have said, "heard stories". Most of these arguments are rumor Mills.

Finito.
Not rumor mills - I've actually seen it with my own eyes. I had a friend who trialed for U19 when he was 17 but was told to go to the U15 team because he "looked young".
I also know of a guy who sent his son for U17 trials but got told to take him to the U12s. These guys have no reason to lie or whatsoever.
True maybe it is difficult to pass off a 16 year old as 12 but why are you ignoring the probability of handlers agreeing to pass a 16 year old as 12?? You've probably lived in naija longer than I have so I'm suprised you'd disregard some of these stories as "rumor mills"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:34am On Feb 15, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Mikel was found as 12. Four years or so later when he played for Plateau United, he was seen as a secondary school boy. If the 4 years older theory was true, then he was found at 16 years and 4 years later, the Plateau United fans saw a 20 years old man and criticised the coach for fielding a Secondary school boy. Is that possible? Definitely not. The 4 years shaved off Mikel's age is simply not true.

Finito.
Yeah because we don't have 20 year olds in high school in nigeria?
If we go by the theory of not reading people's ages solely from their looks - are you saying some people don't look younger(or older like some say on here) than their age??

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:42am On Feb 15, 2019
edi287:

Yeah because we don't have 20 year olds in high school in nigeria?
If we go by the theory of not reading people's ages solely from their looks - are you saying some people don't look younger(or older like some say on here) than their age??

You can not see a 20 years old man and feel he is a secondary school boy.

It is not about looking younger but looking like a secondary school boy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:44am On Feb 15, 2019
edi287:

Not rumor mills - I've actually seen it with my own eyes. I had a friend who trialed for U19 when he was 17 but was told to go to the U15 team because he "looked young".
I also know of a guy who sent his son for U17 trials but got told to take him to the U12s. These guys have no reason to lie or whatsoever.
True maybe it is difficult to pass off a 16 year old as 12 but why are you ignoring the probability of handlers agreeing to pass a 16 year old as 12?? You've probably lived in naija longer than I have so I'm suprised you'd disregard some of these stories as "rumor mills"

The bolded is Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:46am On Feb 15, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

You can not see a 20 years old man and feel he is a secondary school boy.

It is not about looking younger but looking like a secondary school boy.
Pharrell(until recently) could pass off as a school boy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5518) (5519) (5520) (5521) (5522) (5523) (5524) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.