Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5522) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11652374 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5519) (5520) (5521) (5522) (5523) (5524) (5525) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:47am On Feb 15, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

The bolded is Finito.
Difficult but not impossible.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:51am On Feb 15, 2019
edi287:

Pharrell(until recently) could pass off as a school boy.

If Ebuehi was born in Nigeria, He will probably audition for under 17.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:00am On Feb 15, 2019
tbaba1234:

If Ebuehi was born in Nigeria, He will probably audition for under 17.

MRI would cut him off. Keep in mind, Ebuehi will not pass as a secondary school boy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:28am On Feb 15, 2019
edi287:

You're acting like you don't know how some of these naija "academies" work.
How many times have we heard stories of players who come for trials but get told they are too "small" and should go down an age grade??
I'm not saying Mikel shaved off 4 years(maybe he did, maybe he didn't) but let's not use "he was found as 12" talk as proof he is truly 12....this is naija...everything and anything is possible.

Thank you. Sir Goodjoe a voided me like a plague when I asked for concrete proof besides he was discovered at 12 assertion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:34am On Feb 15, 2019
andrew444:

Agreed bro I have no proof ,yes not all African are age cheat that's

Even the ones that claim I am wrong have no proof so we are all the same

The biggest age cheat are the South Americans but many people on this thread will refuse to believe in me ,maybe because they believe the South Americans are better than Africa ,don't know their reasons .
if you don't have proofs then it's just beer parlour gist
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:37am On Feb 15, 2019
jihday:
if you don't have proofs then it's just beer parlour gist

Same with yours

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:42am On Feb 15, 2019
andrew444:

Same with yours
which story did I tell you? just let it rest already
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:38am On Feb 15, 2019
mostob:
alkeepers: Amos Benjamin (Bayelsa United); Makanjuola Adewale (Ekiti United); Anozie Chinedu (FC IfeanyiUbah); Stanley Nwabili (Enyimba FC)
Nigeria Ddream Team VI won the U-23 Africa Cup of Nations in Senegal Nigeria Ddream Team VI won the U-23 Africa Cup of Nations in Senegal
Defenders: John Lazarus (Lobi Stars); Chidera Eze (Rangers International); Anumudu Udochukwu (Lobi Stars); Austin Ugochukwu (Kano Pillars); Chinedu Ajana (Katsina United); Kehinde Adeyemi (Sunshine Stars); Ndah Olisah (Remo Stars); Chinwendu Ali (Yobe Stars); Ebube Duru (Lobi Stars)
Midfielders: Ayobami Junior (Shooting Stars); Isah Ndala (Nasarawa United); William Ukeme (Wikki Tourists); Olatunji Matthew (Enyimba FC); Seth Mayi (Plateau United); Yusuf Maigoro (Kano Pillars); Iwuala Anayo (Kada City); Cletus Emotan (Rivers United); Chigozie Obasi (Sunshine Stars); Chukwudi Agor (ASJ, Owerri)
Forwards: Etiboy Akpan (Akwa United); Anas Mohammed (Shooting Stars); Chijoke Alaekwe (FC IfeanyiUbah); Shamman Tanze (Kano Pillars); Agboola Joshua (Katsina United); Wari Williams (Nasarawa United); Ebuka Okeke (Lamray United); Tolu Ojo (Remo Stars); Wasiu Alalade (Enyimba FC); Solomon Nsude (FC IfeanyiUbah)

The 33 Home-based Players invited For U-23 AFCON Qualifier vs Libya

Good to see some former Amuneke U17 boys like Lazarus, Anumudu and Agor. Good that Chigozie Obasi from Manu U17 is also there. This is just the start of the journey. Just like their U20 counterparts let them book the ticket first then we add more quality from Europe.

If our best U23 players are available I believe this crop will really go places.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:01am On Feb 15, 2019
Who watched Villarreal play yesterday?
I understand star boy Chukwueze lost the ball a lot and had to be subbed early.

Time to remove the prefix 'star boy' from his appellation.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 8:37am On Feb 15, 2019
tbaba1234:

Wasiu Alalade again!!

Shammah Tanze is shown on the CAF website as being born in 1992, making him 27.

http://www.cafonline.com/en-us/competitions/13theditionofcafconfederationcup/TeamDetails/playerdetails?CompetitionPlayerId=sQHKF5YIfpTVvGcNJqh30kRnQx7YUuqq206kSkOv2ne9m2z3UCQ0Qx9S6eGFyyu3

NFF better sort that out before an opponent files a complaint.
Every team is allow to take three overage play. even though is only on the competition proper some teams still use overage players in the qualifiers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:45am On Feb 15, 2019
edi287:

How many times have we heard stories of players who come for trials but get told they are too "small" and should go down an age grade??
I'm not saying Mikel shaved off 4 years(maybe he did, maybe he didn't) but let's not use "he was found as 12" talk as proof he is truly 12....this is naija...everything and anything is possible.

Thank you for saying this .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:05am On Feb 15, 2019
edi287:

It is factually impossible to claim a 16 year old is 12. It becomes easier to hide your age at...say 17, you could be 25 and claim 17 but 12 and 16 is a no no. I mean that's the intensive puberty stage right there

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:12am On Feb 15, 2019
bobobooge:

Did u also understand he created their only goal from nothing?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:13am On Feb 15, 2019
Good morning people.

I may have to digress a little. Tomorrow is the most important day in our history as a country, at last for the next four years. We all have our preferences, at this point I would never tell you who to vote for(although I can advice you to vote out) but all I can tell you is that nothing is worth your life and/or your conscience. Do not step into that polling unit believing that the highest bidder will get your vote, you have a conscience so let it work tomorrow even before you leave your house. The decisions we make tknorrkw will determine what our lives will be in four years time, it will determine the development of sports in our country in the next four years.

Also, nothing is worth your life. Cast your vote and defend your vote but not to the point of death, stay safe. If possible take pictures and videos of any abnormality instead of getting involved head on, then upload the videos online and tag the appropriate people or if you have any such video hit me up on my email.

All in all let us prove that we are a great nation full of educated people, apathy is more dangerous than corruption, let's get out there and vote with our minds not with our bellies

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:30am On Feb 15, 2019
Mickael2:

It is factually impossible to claim a 16 year old is 12. It becomes easier to hide your age at...say 17, you could be 25 and claim 17 but 12 and 16 is a no no. I mean that's the intensive puberty stage right there
Tbaba123 posted a pic of a player who claimed to be 14.
If 4 years from now that guy makes it - people on here will talk about how he looked so young and was praised for mixing it up with old men.
Mikel might have looked older than 12 but the handlers just looked another way. This is Nigeria for christ sake! Andrew444 is not saying anything new

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 15, 2019
ChrisKels:

Did u also understand he created their only goal from nothing?

grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:57am On Feb 15, 2019
jieta:
Every team is allow to take three overage play. even though is only on the competition proper some teams still use overage players in the qualifiers.

No Sir. Over-aged players are only allowed at the Olympics proper.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TEGADR: 11:17am On Feb 15, 2019
what happened to ebere Eze of QPR....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 11:33am On Feb 15, 2019
bobobooge:

74 mins is what you called early? Smh

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:01pm On Feb 15, 2019
Utonwanne:

74 mins is what you called early? Smh

U get time. Na dem agents of negativity. The only goal Villarreal scored yesterday had his name written all over it buh he turned a blind eye to it and hurriedly came here to post fake news that he was subbed off early. How early was that 74mins?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 2:22pm On Feb 15, 2019
TEGADR:
What did you read/see/saw happened to him?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kingkufun2018: 2:52pm On Feb 15, 2019
bobobooge:

You seems to be very happy.
I hope this is not you in real life.
Change bro.
All I see in this comment is hatred

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 15, 2019
Kingkufun2018:

You seems to be very happy.
I hope this is not you in real life.
Change bro.
All I see in this comment is hatred

It is a tradition here to hype a player to the heavens. Not exactly anyone's fault. People are awaiting the arrival of the next golden boy since Okocha and Kanu.

Those who pinned their hopes on Iheanacho have had their emotions messed with for 5 years.

Many of them are here and you feel the angst in their debate whenever they have to discuss issues regarding the boy. The are angry he refused to come good.

Conclusion; Slow down on the hyping Chukwueze.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:02pm On Feb 15, 2019
bobobooge:

It is a tradition here to hype a player to the heavens. Not exactly anyone's fault. People are awaiting the arrival of the next golden boy since Okocha and Kanu.

Those who pinned their hopes on Iheanacho have had their emotions messed with for 5 years.

Many of them are here and you feel the angst in their debate whenever they have to discuss issues regarding the boy. The are angry he refused to come good.

How does this absolve you of lying that he was subbed early & conveniently omitting that he was instrumental for the only goal in the match

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 5:04pm On Feb 15, 2019
bobobooge:

Fully and totally agreed without the very slightest hint of doubt, reservation, prevarication, dilly dallying, opposition or resistance.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by busky007: 5:06pm On Feb 15, 2019
TEGADR:
the way the guy was hyped in dis tread. Only samu and nacho can beat it. This is not hating but I doubt if he is consistent.and good as hyped.
His promoters have abandoned him, no more mentions again. I am not sure how good he is sef
Lesson - form is temporary, class is permanent.
In the long run, we will know the one he really is
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 15, 2019
bobobooge:

Time will tell what he'll become. Remember he's 19 and he made Marcelo, Kroos, & Ramos look like training dummies.
Nonetheless he needs to keep his head down and continue working.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:22pm On Feb 15, 2019
raindodger13:

Time will tell what he'll become. Remember he's 19 and he made Marcelo, Kroos, & Ramos look like training dummies.
Nonetheless he needs to keep his head down and continue working.

Agreed

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:30pm On Feb 15, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

What do you know about MRI? If you have an idea of the science behind it, you will cool down with your arguments on it.

So na all u17 wey pass MRI be real under 17? Wey b say some dey older by 2 some na 4 years , your opinion thou

Our system is even better now, gone are the days of Fortune chukwudi , Ganiyu oseni, yakubu alfa
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 15, 2019
edi287:

Yeah because we don't have 20 year olds in high school in nigeria?
If we go by the theory of not reading people's ages solely from their looks - are you saying some people don't look younger(or older like some say on here) than their age??

Thank you sir. When I was in secondary school I remember seniors in their late teens and early twenties, so it's very possible. However in Mikels case that U17 picture showed by the Goodjoe resembles that of a 16 year old in my opinion except it was photoshopped. And to agree with you, the pepsi academy talk and plateau utd comments not water tight in my assessment.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 6:14pm On Feb 15, 2019
Mickael2:
Good morning people.

I may have to digress a little. Tomorrow is the most important day in our history as a country, at last for the next four years. We all have our preferences, at this point I would never tell you who to vote for(although I can advice you to vote out) but all I can tell you is that nothing is worth your life and/or your conscience. Do not step into that polling unit believing that the highest bidder will get your vote, you have a conscience so let it work tomorrow even before you leave your house. The decisions we make tknorrkw will determine what our lives will be in four years time, it will determine the development of sports in our country in the next four years.

Also, nothing is worth your life. Cast your vote and defend your vote but not to the point of death, stay safe. If possible take pictures and videos of any abnormality instead of getting involved head on, then upload the videos online and tag the appropriate people or if you have any such video hit me up on my email.

All in all let us prove that we are a great nation full of educated people, apathy is more dangerous than corruption, let's get out there and vote with our minds not with our bellies
Word ! Go cast your vote shikena !
We pray for peace all-round the nation and please advise wards and family to stay clear of trouble as we practitioners of organized violence lay in wait.

God bless Nigeria !

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:48pm On Feb 15, 2019
CaptainStephen:
Word ! Go cast your vote shikena !
We pray for peace all-round the nation and please advise wards and family to stay clear of trouble as we practitioners of organized violence lay in wait.

God bless Nigeria !

hahahahahahahahaha chaiii my captain sir, shuuuuun sir,

practitioners' of organize violence, chaiii my captain sir carry on, carry on sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (5519) (5520) (5521) (5522) (5523) (5524) (5525) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Sugarboyy(m), 123jamessmith, zicky(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.