Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,081 members, 7,852,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:33 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5577) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11881261 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5574) (5575) (5576) (5577) (5578) (5579) (5580) ... (16254) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:07am On Mar 06, 2019
ChrisKels:

We discussing something serious here and u mentioning Nwakali? The topic is football not instagram and fashion where KC Nwakali reigns supreme. Be careful.

Yahaya dey my list. Seth was in Brazil in the last Olympics

Musa Yahaya and Sincere Seth are still eligible. But I don't think they are part of the foreign pros that would be invited against Libya.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:20am On Mar 06, 2019
ChrisKels:
If we got a full complement of our U23 players, we might be posing a big threat at the Olympics come 2020.

Check out this list of players;

Awoniyi - Mouscron
wanted by many top teams

Maja - Bordeaux

Osimhen - Charleroi and Milan bound

Odey - Zürich

Okereke - Spezia and Bundesliga bound

Dennis Bonaventure - Brugge and Bundesliga bound.

Chukwueze - Villarreal

Michael - bologna

Bashiru - ManCity and Atalanta bound

Ovie Ejaria - Reading

Ebere Eze - QPR

Gong - Vittesse

Okoye - Dusseldorf

Okoroji - Freiburg

Chimezie - Hamburg

Ikouwem, Ozornwafor, Ogbu, Oremade, Yahaya, Bajric, Behruether et al, all eligible for the U23s.

Don't forget Samuel Kalu, Henry Onyekuru, Chidozie Awaziem, Sincere Seth, Sadiq Umar, Francis Uzoho and Maduka Okoye.

If and only if The IOC can hold the Olympics during end of football season. Atlanta 96 football event was played in July and finished August 3rd which was why we had the full complement of our big players. Can't the Olympics be held in July again like before? Can't FIFA influence this? Football is the most followed singular Olympic event and should be given special consideration. Alternatively the Football event can even start 2 weeks before the Olympics proper.

Teams don't present their best U23 players for the Olympics and it is affecting the followership of the event.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:32am On Mar 06, 2019
I am really very pleased about the synergy between the Super Eagles and Olympics coaching Crews. In fact it is a smart decision to appoint a SE assistant coach as the U23 Coach. Who ever that came up with that idea has really done Nigerian football so much good. Now the U23, would be the proper testing ground for players who are knocking on the door of the SE.

At the end of the camping period and qualifying game I expect the U23 Coaches to give players report to Rohr which will then form the basis for future invitations of those young players. Unlike before where an U23 Coach and SE coach would see each other as rivals. There have been cases in the past where an U23 Coach complained that the SE coach was SNACTHING HIS PLAYERS grin. That is a thing of the past as now Rohr decides who plays where, .ie whether SE or U23 without any protest from any quarters. Chukwueze's case is an example.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:35am On Mar 06, 2019
Icon4s:

Don't forget Samuel Kalu, Henry Onyekuru, Chidozie Awaziem, Sincere Seth, Sadiq Umar, Francis Uzoho and Maduka Okoye.

If and only if The IOC can hold the Olympics during end of football season. Atlanta 96 football event was played in July and finished August 3rd which was why we had the full complement of our big players. Can't the Olympics be held in July again like before? Can't FIFA influence this? Football is the most followed singular Olympic event and should be given special consideration. Alternatively the Football event can even start 2 weeks before the Olympics proper.

Teams don't present their best U23 players for the Olympics and it is affecting the followership of the event.

Gbam!!! I remember that Atlanta oo...Brazil even had many national team footballers icluding the legendary Bebeto,pocket-sized battle ship Juninho that is.......is it Argentina that was complete with Ariel Ortega[onye muo]...August is even better sef...and FIFA will make more money...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:39am On Mar 06, 2019
gamaliel9:

Gbam!!! I remember that Atlanta oo...Brazil even had many national team footballers icluding the legendary Bebeto,pocket-sized battle ship Juninho that is.......is it Argentina that was complete with Ariel Ortega[onye muo]...August is even better sef...and FIFA will make more money...

Exactly! . The Olympics football event was a mini World Cup in the 80s and 90s but now they have reduced it to cadet football. angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:41am On Mar 06, 2019
I hereby announce that Morocco is going to be a BIG threat at AFCON...

ZIYECH OF AJAX...hum....that Herve their coach is working silently recruiting Spanish and french trained Moroccans in top leagues of Europe....

ONANA...Cameroon no problem
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:49am On Mar 06, 2019
gamaliel9:

ZIYECH OF AJAX...hum....that Herve their coach is working silently recruiting Spanish and french trained Moroccans in top leagues of Europe....

Chriskels will be like...."Sebi a don tok am here before". grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:50am On Mar 06, 2019
gamaliel9:

Bros forget, sebi AFCON no far again. We go see na grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:32am On Mar 06, 2019
gamaliel9:

Morocco are the only North African team I rate

I mentioned team that have better players than Nigeria on Saturday

Ivory Coast
Senegal
Morocco
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 11:27am On Mar 06, 2019
andrew444:

Morocco are the only North African team I rate

I mentioned team that have better players than Nigeria on Saturday

Ivory Coast
Senegal
Morocco

Iwobi is Nigeria's best player

When it comes to squad please don't overate Nigeria we are poor
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:42am On Mar 06, 2019
Earthquake2:

When it comes to squad please don't overate Nigeria we are poor

How did i overate nigeria now?

I am telling you guys that these 3 teams are better than nigeria you are here saying i overate nigeria

Are we not better than cameroun and co?

Oga na these 3 teams better pass us, the rest african team are craps

No b cameroun use farmers from slovakia league win afcon?

If iwobi is naija best player then is saido mane not senegal best player?

Even senegal top 9 plays in turkey league his name is Mbaye digane, he ones played with mikel at tiajin teda

Yet someone will not allow us hear word here insulting our players in turkey league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 11:46am On Mar 06, 2019
Lol grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:55am On Mar 06, 2019
andrew444:

How did i overate nigeria now?

I am telling you guys that these 3 teams are better than nigeria you are here saying i overate nigeria

Are we not better than cameroun and co?

Oga na these 3 teams better pass us, the rest african team are craps

No b cameroun use farmers from slovakia league win afcon?

If iwobi is naija best player then is saido mane not senegal best player?

Even senegal top 9 plays in turkey league his name is Mbaye digane, he ones played with mikel at tiajin teda

Yet someone will not allow us hear word here insulting our players in turkey league.

He was not referring to you in particular wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 12:05pm On Mar 06, 2019
ChrisKels:
If we got a full complement of our U23 players, we might be posing a big threat at the Olympics come 2020.

Check out this list of players;

Awoniyi - Mouscron
wanted by many top teams

Maja - Bordeaux

Osimhen - Charleroi and Milan bound

Odey - Zürich

Okereke - Spezia and Bundesliga bound

Dennis Bonaventure - Brugge and Bundesliga bound.

Chukwueze - Villarreal

Michael - bologna

Bashiru - ManCity and Atalanta bound

Ovie Ejaria - Reading

Ebere Eze - QPR

Gong - Vittesse

Okoye - Dusseldorf

Okoroji - Freiburg

Chimezie - Hamburg

Ikouwem, Ozornwafor, Ogbu, Oremade, Yahaya, Bajric, Behruether et al, all eligible for the U23s.
i like the sign of these.... Just reading this give me joy... At all at all, no matter how he bad reach, from this list I can say my SE is covered in some ways.... Plenty good player dey on ground...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 12:16pm On Mar 06, 2019
Odunayaw:
The thing is, capital investment in Sports/match coverage and production(especially Live) is way above most media houses in Nigeria. Except Amateur videography doesn't put you off like me grin

One idea I have been nursing for a while is this;
Since NTA owns half of the Startimes franchise, how about pulling the weight of government (Ministry of Sports) to birth a deal where Startimes(Chinese half) raises funds for refurbishment of a channel, say NTA Sports 24 for coverage and production. It would first be test run for 2 seasons and would cover selected games live (say 3 per week) and host talk shows & highlights.

In the short term the league on screen (especially the matches that generate interest), thus forcing/encouraging sponsors/advertisers to approach since their brand can get to more eyes.
After the test run and positive feedbacks, its expected/hoped that Startimes/NTA would have brought Nigerians attention to their decoders riding on the league- short/medium term
As sales(of Decoders) increase they can then become TV(money) sponsors of the league and even Cup and the only way from there is up!

This is just a rough sketch of my idea, in the short term the clubs/league may only get interest(Which can increase ticket sales) and spotlight but in the long run the league,Channel & the decoder will profit big! Who knows it could run into other sports e.g Basketball, Athletics( All the National senior & youth games) etc..

Hindrance; Bureaucracy in Ministry (codename Dalung!), zero foresight
i very much love this idea... It's gonna happen one way or the other anyway, it's just a matter of when, really... Our football will never remain like this na forever... I know someday the right OT go click and we would one day Crack jokes of the old way of things.... Things would considerably get better, not just football but in all spheres of our lives in this country....when,I certainly don't know but do I believe things are gonna change,Hell 4king yeah....

Abeg when are we gonna host ANC na, we are too big a footballing Nation not to have hosted in years... This country self dey fall hand.... Oh and since everybody is adopting a player here , maybe I should get one also... Track, support, pray, encourage and hopefully when he blow, he go remember me small... No be bad thing... I'd keep you guys updated...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:30pm On Mar 06, 2019
Icon4s:

He was not referring to you in particular wink

I know he was not referring to me

But I don't think we overate naija players here

How many better player dey Africa ?

How many teams have better player than naija to be sincere ? Apart from those 3 I mentioned none else

Una no watch as Africa disgrace dem self for World Cup ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 12:32pm On Mar 06, 2019
Odunayaw:
grin

Supersport has openly said the investment in NPFL is no way yielding benefits for them as it has not increased the patronage of Multichoice decoders (Remember same company owns the Decoder and the channel). Supersport would rather show Zambian matches (dear God! undecided)
Am of the idea that no one will/can do better for you/us except yourself/ourselves. I know of NTA's shortcomings but that they are sewn to government apron is actually a blessing depending on how you look at it. The ball is in LMC's court to cajole, strong arm, politick the Government/Ministry to get what they want.

I would bet on StarTimes/NTA collabo right now (Look at Startimes deal with Ghana premier League).
just a quick add... Also I think a great way to promote and seek patronage for our local football is to leverage on the popularity of our entertainment industry and social media... Imagine having Davido supporting awka united and telling his fans on social media to be at the stadium to see him live, maybe a halftime performance or something, eg. Kano pillars and shooting stars, with Davido or wizkid in attendance, omo people go plenty die.... From there we start from somewhere... Have an engaging social media account, freebies, encourage other forms of leisure, maximum security, raffle draw, lucky winners etc.... Fck Supersport and dstv or whatever, we can only help ourselves, we have enough market to patronize ourself... We are simply underestimating what we can really achieve.... I have thought about this idea for quite some time now...

Have wizkid or burna boy wearing eyimba jersey... Get him in the stadium, provide other forms of entertainment and tell me why I no go like pay 5h-1k to enjoy myself... Meanwhile no be only me dey come ooo, my padi dem reach like 10...imagine....and make d teams try score too, no be 0-0 up and down.....

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hoodedjaystrim(m): 1:32pm On Mar 06, 2019
Starboytwo:
just a quick add... Also I think a great way to promote and seek patronage for our local football is to leverage on the popularity of our entertainment industry and social media... Imagine having Davido supporting awka united and telling his fans on social media to be at the stadium to see him live, maybe a halftime performance or something, eg. Kano pillars and shooting stars, with Davido or wizkid in attendance, omo people go plenty die.... From there we start from somewhere... Have an engaging social media account, freebies, encourage other forms of leisure, maximum security, raffle draw, lucky winners etc.... Fck Supersport and dstv or whatever, we can only help ourselves, we have enough market to patronize ourself... We are simply underestimating what we can really achieve.... I have thought about this idea for quite some time now...

Have wizkid or burna boy wearing eyimba jersey... Get him in the stadium, provide other forms of entertainment and tell me why I no go like pay 5h-1k to enjoy myself... Meanwhile no be only me dey come ooo, my padi dem reach like 10...imagine....and make d teams try score too, no be 0-0 up and down.....
top notch comment
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:39pm On Mar 06, 2019
EAGLETS CALL UP THRILLS DAMILOLA AJANAKU

Oluwadamilola Ajanaku’s invitation to the camp of the Golden Eaglets in February was a dream come true for the fast rising defensive midfielder.
Fifteen year old Damilola a student of Dowen College Lekki, Lagos, was invited to add his skills, aerial presence and steel in midfield as the Eaglets commences serious preparation towards the 2019 U-17 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) slated for April in Tanzania, from where the Manu Garba led team aside from having a good showing hopes to qualify for the U-17 world cup which kick starts in September in South America.

The lad participated in the MTN-Arsenal coaching clinic that took place late last year at the National Stadium Surulere, where he got the applause of the organizers as a well-rounded player and one to watch out for in future.
He is the son of Mr. Idowu Ajanaku, a media guru and Special Adviser on Information and Strategy to the Lagos State Governor

We see this one now. In 4 years time they will say he is 30 years Old grin
Notice his transformation in just one year as seen the third pix.
Though to me he kinda looks too thick for his age. Well, I consider it as baby fat.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:25pm On Mar 06, 2019
gamaliel9:

Moroccan national team is most diverse in football culture and orientation. They have their key players recruited from Morocco, the Netherlands, France and Spain.

Chai, just put Ziyech behind En Nesryi, then get treated with goals lunch.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 2:30pm On Mar 06, 2019
[quote author=Earthquake2 post=76397316]

When it comes to squad please don't overate Nigeria we are poor[/quote]

Gbam.

Unless we prove otherwise at the AFCON
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 2:34pm On Mar 06, 2019
[quote author=darkelf post=76402250][/quote]

We need a tactical masterclass to beat the likes of Morroco

If Carl Ikeme decides to return to football it will be a plus
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 2:36pm On Mar 06, 2019
andrew444:

I know he was not referring to me

But I don't think we overate naija players here

How many better player dey Africa ?

How many teams have better player than naija to be sincere ? Apart from those 3 I mentioned none else

Una no watch as Africa disgrace dem self for World Cup ?

You're right at the bolded.

However, the fact still remains that we should not expect too much from these guys especially since their woeful performance at the last WC despite the hype, unprecedented support and lavished hope.

If we reach quarter final for AFCON, we try

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 2:39pm On Mar 06, 2019
ChrisKels:

We discussing something serious here and u mentioning Nwakali? The topic is football not instagram and fashion where KC Nwakali reigns supreme. Be careful.

Yahaya dey my list. Seth was in Brazil in the last Olympics

I just dey pity this guy football career
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 2:49pm On Mar 06, 2019
Danielnino00:
Schalke have made an approach to sign Taiwo Awoniyi, writes @neiljonesgoal

Schalke contacted Jurgen Klopp directly to ask about Awoniyi’s availability for a transfer this summer.

Liverpool would seek in excess of £10m (€11.5m) for a permanent deal.

https:///IEykL0pVAB

Make Klopp no make mistake ooo

Our attackers have been inconsistent this season. We need a breath of fresh air which Awoniyi offers.

Let's just be patient for his work permit to be approved.

#YNWA
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:00pm On Mar 06, 2019
darkelf:

You're right at the bolded.

However, the fact still remains that we should not expect too much from these guys especially since their woeful performance at the last WC despite the hype, unprecedented support and lavished hope.

If we reach quarter final for AFCON, we try

Agreed with everything you said
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:02pm On Mar 06, 2019
ChrisKels:

Moroccan national team is most diverse in football culture and orientation. They have their key players recruited from Morocco, the Netherlands, France and Spain.

Chai, just put Ziyech behind En Nesryi, then get treated with goals lunch.

Agreed

Shebi you see the teams I mentioned ?

I no go even agree with anyone with Algeria ,forget all those mahrez and co

Ivory Coast
Morocco
Senegal

All this ones dem get players .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 3:07pm On Mar 06, 2019
andrew444:

Agreed

Shebi you see the teams I mentioned ?

I no go even agree with anyone with Algeria ,forget all those mahrez and co

Ivory Coast
Morocco
Senegal

All this ones dem get players .
Don't forget Mali has Adama Traore, Bissouma and others
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:10pm On Mar 06, 2019
Super falcons leading Thailand 2-0 in the second half of their 7th place match.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:10pm On Mar 06, 2019
Earthquake2:

Don't forget Mali has Adama Traore, Bissouma and Others

Agreed bro but you can't compare them to naija

I even rate dr Congo ahead of Mali

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5574) (5575) (5576) (5577) (5578) (5579) (5580) ... (16254) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: orriyomi33(m), maidaboi(m), femianski, stulp16 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.