Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,233 members, 7,853,201 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:30 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5578) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11884021 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5575) (5576) (5577) (5578) (5579) (5580) (5581) ... (16254) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:21pm On Mar 06, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
Super falcons leading Thailand 2-0 in the second half of their 7th place match.

A lot of work to get the team ready for the WC.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 3:27pm On Mar 06, 2019
It's quite absurd to think that having players in mid table leagues and bench warmers in top league guarantee trophies. Which player Morrocco, Ivory coast and Senegal get wet Naija no get. Which team are they playing for regularly: Ajax, Leganes, Betis, Lille etc.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:37pm On Mar 06, 2019
Afcon never start, our group opponents we no know. Some folks on here are already displaying their deafeatist mentality. A ball has yet to be kicked some feel some countries are already the favorites based on where and which clubs they play for. We are our own problem. If only una know how the said favorites are scared of us we will begin to think differently.

Apart from the loss to South Africa, Rohrs team some how knows how to handle African opposition. Keep the Faith folks!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 3:52pm On Mar 06, 2019
Starboytwo:
just a quick add... Also I think a great way to promote and seek patronage for our local football is to leverage on the popularity of our entertainment industry and social media... Imagine having Davido supporting awka united and telling his fans on social media to be at the stadium to see him live, maybe a halftime performance or something, eg. Kano pillars and shooting stars, with Davido or wizkid in attendance, omo people go plenty die.... From there we start from somewhere... Have an engaging social media account, freebies, encourage other forms of leisure, maximum security, raffle draw, lucky winners etc.... Fck Supersport and dstv or whatever, we can only help ourselves, we have enough market to patronize ourself... We are simply underestimating what we can really achieve.... I have thought about this idea for quite some time now...

Have wizkid or burna boy wearing eyimba jersey... Get him in the stadium, provide other forms of entertainment and tell me why I no go like pay 5h-1k to enjoy myself... Meanwhile no be only me dey come ooo, my padi dem reach like 10...imagine....and make d teams try score too, no be 0-0 up and down.....
Bless you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:53pm On Mar 06, 2019
Truidstar:
Afcon never start, our group opponents we no know. Some folks on here are already displaying their deafeatist mentality. A ball has yet to be kicked some feel some countries are already the favorites based on where and which clubs they play for. We are our own problem. If only una know how the said favorites are scared of us we will begin to think differently.

Apart from the loss to South Africa, Rohrs team some how knows how to handle African opposition. Keep the Faith folks!!!!!

You know see where I talk say Cameroon with farmers players won the afcon ? You won't see that one

Stop being emotional and taking things personal

We are not our own player ,talking football on nairaland doesn't transit to super eagles performance.

This is a football talk and nothing else
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:10pm On Mar 06, 2019
agree player for player these aforementioned countries have the edge that said not too sure they are great teams at the moment

CIV = great attack but average midfield and poor defence

Morocco = flatter to deceive

Senegal = chock when it matters most

andrew444:

Agreed

Shebi you see the teams I mentioned ?

I no go even agree with anyone with Algeria ,forget all those mahrez and co

Ivory Coast
Morocco
Senegal

All this ones dem get players .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 4:13pm On Mar 06, 2019
Ha...Mali no follow...i even rate Guinea[Conakry] better sef according to players....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 06, 2019
andrew444:

You know see where I talk say Cameroon with farmers players won the afcon ? You won't see that one

Stop being emotional and taking things personal

We are not our own player ,talking football on nairaland doesn't transit to super eagles performance.

This is a football talk and nothing else

I did not mention your name or quote you in my post oga. As for being emotional and taking things personal I think you are referring to yourself. Just offering my own 2 cents. Peace.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:19pm On Mar 06, 2019
chrisooblog:
agree player for player these aforementioned countries have the edge that said not too sure they are great teams at the moment

Eric bailly , go and search Jean-Philippe Gbamin of mainz

Midfield , Frank kessie, michael seri

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:19pm On Mar 06, 2019
Truidstar:

I did not mention your name or quote you in my post oga. As for being emotional and taking things personal I think you are referring to yourself. Just offering my own 2 cents. Peace.

You dont need to mention my name

I represent this thread and i quote who i like.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:22pm On Mar 06, 2019
chrisooblog:

Were it not for the caliber of coaches of Morocco and Senegal I would have discarded them with the wave of my hand
They were all there in 2017 sitting on their thumbs (That AFCON had to be the driest I have watched since 2006)

Zambia used local league players captained by a part time footballer (as he was a soldier) to snatch the trophy right under Ivory Coast's golden generation's noses

Tah, people should tell us another thing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:29pm On Mar 06, 2019
what about eric bailly?

frank kessie of ac one of the worst milan teams ever?

michael seri? lol that can't even get into the first xi of relegation bound fulham
andrew444:

Eric bailly , go and search Jean-Philippe Gbamin of mainz

Midfield , Frank kessie, michael seri

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:36pm On Mar 06, 2019
harve renard could pull something of with the atlas lions but mark my words senegal will win nothing with cisse

Odunayaw:
Were it not for the caliber of coaches of Morocco and Senegal I would have discarded them with the wave of my hand
They were all there in 2017 sitting on their thumbs (That AFCON had to be the driest I have watched since 2006)

Zambia used local league players captained by a part time footballer (as he was a soldier) to snatch the trophy right under Ivory Coast's golden generation's noses

Tah, people should tell us another thing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:38pm On Mar 06, 2019
Earthquake2:

We need a tactical masterclass to beat the likes of Morroco

If Carl Ikeme decides to return to football it will be a plus

I don't know why some of you guys are still mentioning Carl Ikeme.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:42pm On Mar 06, 2019
andrew444:

Agreed bro but you can't compare them to naija

I even rate dr Congo ahead of Mali

Mali has a plethora of quality young players playing at a high level buh adama Traore of wolves aint one of them. When u talk about Mali, u talk about the likes of Amadou Haidara, Diadie Samassekou etc. Mali does have some Adamas though, like the one that was with Monaco before going to Belgium and the other one in the French ligue2.

Congo has quality buh, I doubt they are better than Mali.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:53pm On Mar 06, 2019
chrisooblog:

CIV average midfield? Hahahaha plz, bar Ndidi, who else can start for CIV in the midfield, from the Eagles' squad?

CIV has seko fofana at Udinese wanted by fiorentina and Lazio, Kessie is a giant in Milan, Meite of Torino is about the best midfield revelation in the Serie A this season, Jean Seri would walk into our starting eleven, ibrahim Sangare of toulouse, Doukoure of Levante et al
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 4:53pm On Mar 06, 2019
Icon4s:

I don't know why some of you guys are still mentioning Carl Ikeme.

The guy is free of cancer and may return

Roman Reigns did it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:59pm On Mar 06, 2019
chrisooblog:
what about eric bailly?

frank kessie of ac one of the worst milan teams ever?

michael seri? lol that can't even get into the first xi of relegation bound fulham

Seri that nearly joined barca? seri is a starter at fulham so stop lying because e no play against chelsea make am bench warmer.

Seri has started 25 epl games this season and has come in as a substitute 2 times and missed 2 games so is this what you call a bench warmer??

I didnt mention sergie aurier

Kessie is a starter at ac millan, worst ac millan team? are you kidding me? ac millan is better than the past seasons

Ac millan are doing great and they are 3rd in seria A

Only ndidi and iwobi will make milan team from naija.

This ac millan you called a worst team is better than the likes of chelsea as far as i am concerned.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:00pm On Mar 06, 2019
ChrisKels:

CIV average midfield? Hahahaha plz, bar Ndidi, who else can start for CIV in the midfield, from the Eagles' squad?

CIV has seko fofana at Udinese wanted by fiorentina and Lazio, Kessie is a giant in Milan, Meite of Torino is about the best midfield revelation in the Serie A this season, Jean Seri would walk into our starting eleven, ibrahim Sangare of toulouse, Doukoure of Levante et al

He said seri is a bench warmer at fulham

Seri wey Xavi even endorse am

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:22pm On Mar 06, 2019
andrew444:

He said seri is a bench warmer at fulham

Seri wey Xavi even endorse am

The boy is funny. No super eagles defender can start for CIV. Gbamin of Mainz, Gnagnon of Sevilla, Bailly of ManU, Boly of wolverhampton-wanderers etc are quality CB, then, on the fringes, u have Djidji of Torino, Bamba of cardiff, and many more from the French league. I no even wan talk about their full backs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:27pm On Mar 06, 2019
ChrisKels:

The boy is funny. No super eagles defender can start for CIV. Gbamin of Mainz, Gnagnon of Sevilla, Bailly of ManU, Boly of wolverhampton-wanderers etc are quality CB, then, on the fringes, u have Djidji of Torino, Bamba of cardiff, and many more from the French league. I no even wan talk about their full backs

Sol bamba playing in the epl at 34 spend most of his time at the championship and in turkey, has 4 epl goals this season from defence

If such player is nigeria he will be starting at our defence at 34, while we see 31 year old ambrose as too old
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:39pm On Mar 06, 2019
andrew444:

Sol bamba playing in the epl at 34 spend most of his time at the championship and in turkey, has 4 epl goals this season from defence

If such player is nigeria he will be starting at our defence at 34, while we see 31 year old ambrose as too old

Where does 31 year Ambrose play? BTW, Ambrose is officially 31 but truthfully above 36. Sol bamba was born and brought up in France and he is a former PSG youth team player. Ambrose is crap, Yobo at 31,was still starting for the Eagles, though he was a calamity then grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:41pm On Mar 06, 2019
ChrisKels:

Where does 31 year Ambrose play? BTW, Ambrose is officially 31 but truthfully above 36. Sol bamba was born and brought up in France and he is a former PSG youth team player. Ambrose is crap, Yobo at 31,was still starting for the Eagles, though he was a calamity then grin

Yobo at 33 was starting for norwich

Ambrose is at derby county

Ambrose should be 39/40
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:42pm On Mar 06, 2019
Jeremie Boga of Sassuolo was brilliant against AC Milan. Very hardworking, Skillful and confident. The Ivorian is one to watch out for too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:54pm On Mar 06, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
Jeremie Boga of Sassuolo was brilliant against AC Milan. Very hardworking, Skillful and confident. The Ivorian is one to watch out for too.

I left out Boga, Idrissa Doumbia of Porto and co for a purpose. As good as Boga is, he aint CIV first teamer yet, buh, Boga go bench the likes Onazi, Etebo, Agu, Ogu, Agbo that we Parade as midfielders. Semi Ajayi as a midfielder sef go sit for Boga.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 06, 2019
African teams that boast of loads of start-studded players never to seem to live up to their potential. Half a decade ago, Ivory Coast had enough starpower to reach the WC semi-finals, but fell short at group stages. These guys had the likes of Drogba, the Toure Bros, Eboue, etc., and yet fell short of all expectations and underwhelmed several pundits.

If I were you, I wouldn't hold my breath for these guys.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:25pm On Mar 06, 2019
ChrisKels:

I left out Boga, Idrissa Doumbia of Porto and co for a purpose. As good as Boga is, he aint CIV first teamer yet, buh, Boga go bench the likes Onazi, Etebo, Agu, Ogu, Agbo that we Parade as midfielders. Semi Ajayi as a midfielder sef go sit for Boga.

Lol cool down o

Boga is an attacking midfielder na wetin consign am and onazi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:27pm On Mar 06, 2019
Bolowolowo:
African teams that boast of loads of start-studded players never to seem to live up to their potential. Half a decade ago, Ivory Coast had enough starpower to reach the WC semi-finals, but fell short at group stages. These guys had the likes of Drogba, the Toure Bros, Eboue, etc., and yet fell short of all expectations and underwhelmed several pundits.

If I were you, I wouldn't hold my breath for these guys.

Agreed bro

That's why the farmers cameroun team could win the afcon

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:57pm On Mar 06, 2019
andrew444:

Lol cool down o

Boga is an attacking midfielder na wetin consign am and onazi

Onazi na carpenter, so anywhere in the midfield wey Boga catch am, Boga go send am go bench. The less said about Etebo and co, the better.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:04pm On Mar 06, 2019
ChrisKels:

Onazi na carpenter, so anywhere in the midfield wey Boga catch am, Boga go send am go bench. The less said about Etebo and co, the better.

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:05pm On Mar 06, 2019
ChrisKels:

I never watched Boga until the AC Milan game last week. The young man is the real deal and I wonder what Chelsea were thinking when they let him go.

Sassuolo also play some sweet football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:13pm On Mar 06, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I never watched Boga until the AC Milan game last week. The young man is the real deal and I wonder what Chelsea were thinking when they let him go.

Sassuolo also play some sweet football.

Chai so u never watch am till lately, yet u follow dem dey counter me anytime wey I dey praise the boy and other Ivorian young super stars?

Take ur time to watch Toulouse one of these days, keep ur eyes on that lanky young midfielder, Ibrahim Sangare. Try watch Cagliary in the Serie A for another wizard Christian Kouame. Watch Bordeaux for Yann Karamoh on loan from Inter Milan, watch Empoli for 19year old Traore wanted by Juventus.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5575) (5576) (5577) (5578) (5579) (5580) (5581) ... (16254) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: zicky(m), KanielOutis92, Sugarboyy(m), Christinu2 and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.