Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,166 members, 7,835,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5715) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11782492 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5712) (5713) (5714) (5715) (5716) (5717) (5718) ... (16194) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 12:43pm On Apr 03, 2019
Racism is now acceptable because of people like Trump and co

Go to facebook people are no longer hiding their racist tendencies, I was on facebook and a racist topic came up and I was surprised at the number of people that supported racist ideologies

I fear for Black Americans if Trump wins 2020

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 12:44pm On Apr 03, 2019
andrew444:

Was bonucci wrong?

Nothing should ever justify racism
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 12:56pm On Apr 03, 2019
Haha. Bros, the way we're celebrating this "victory" reminds me of the way we celebrated after beating Argentina 4-2 in a meaningless friendly. Well, we all know how that worked out for us when it actually counts.

O pari

Joebie:
This button when u press na super panic button oh. U wan give people for here heart attack?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:02pm On Apr 03, 2019
Yup. Absolutely!

O pari

damagnificentusb:
what happens if Villarreal wins europa league but gets relegated from laliga? will they participate in next year's champions league as a div. 2 side??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:04pm On Apr 03, 2019
That's my boy! I was screaming his name throughout the game yesterday!! It only took me a few games to conclude that he's the real deal, and I promptly recommended him for Super Eagles. Most of y'all are coming late to the party grin

O pari

nelszx:
One thing I'd commend Chukwueze for is his consistent hard work. He was tracking back and passing forward if he comes to the eagles, our white Onigbinde will bench. Such electric pace, he was a menace to the Barcelona defence. He did against Madrid and repeated again against Barça. Teams with good scout would key from his potential.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:17pm On Apr 03, 2019
100% agree with that, exactly

I usually agree with tbaba but I gotta differ with him on this one. Apples to apples, the 1994 team is better than the 1998 team. Don't get me wrong, the 1998 team was loaded with talent but they were missing some critical pieces, like in the goalkeeping department, and some important players were carrying injuries as well (Amuneke, Kanu, etc). The 1994 team was the most balanced Super Eagles team in recent memory. Unfortunately, inexperience cost them against Italy.

O pari

edi287:

100 percent agree.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:25pm On Apr 03, 2019
Earthquake2:

Nothing should ever justify racism

Agreed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:26pm On Apr 03, 2019
Bolowolowo:

Why is Kean to take some blame here? What wrong did he do to merit getting racist chants.

Agreed

Just asking sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 1:28pm On Apr 03, 2019
CHUKWUEZE...in my opinion should alternate between u23 and Super Eagles....He has shown consistency so far and he is FEARLESS....

And i saw a new development in him yesterday...HE WAS USING HIS RIGHT FOOT...Even took a shot with it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:38pm On Apr 03, 2019
exactly boy would be just unplayable once he masters the use of his right foot. a lot of defenders monitoring him will always want to mark him by pushing him on his right leg thinking it's weaker but that could turn out to be samu's deadliest weapon

gamaliel9:
CHUKWUEZE...in my opinion should alternate between u23 and Super Eagles....He has shown consistency so far and he is FEARLESS....

And i saw a new development in him yesterday...HE WAS USING HIS RIGHT FOOT...Even took a shot with it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:38pm On Apr 03, 2019
Taliban:

Ehen who in the current set up can hold his own again st Eguavoen, Iroha, Ukechukwu and even Nwanu. In those days it was tough for African players to get into the biggest sides in Europe. Those were the days of max 3 foreign players including EU countries in a team.I know you will counter me. But that was a great side from defense to attack and even bench sef. No wonder we were ranked 5th in the world at some point.

Agreed without reservation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 03, 2019
andrew444:

Agreed

Just asking sha

My bad. I apologize if my statement was perceived as belligerent.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:39pm On Apr 03, 2019
andrew444:

Our defenders now are average at best ,none is even up to uche okechukwu level ,the last best central defender we have is Joseph yobo ,the rest are just there

Agreed but l would add Danny Shittu as being a good defender that never played enough games for us to appreciate him properly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:41pm On Apr 03, 2019
Joebie:
Which defender post 2013 go bench who for ‘94? I’m just curious o. No be argument.

Very simple NONE.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:49pm On Apr 03, 2019
andrew444:

Thats why laliga is the best league in the world

Such team like Villarreal will be top 10 in the epl table

Take a look at useless clubs like fulham huddersfield town? and someone is telling me top seria B club will not beat those team?

Villarreal will not beat Fulham.

And certainly Derby County, Middlesbrough and Swansea will finish them off.

A team that struggled against Glasgow Rangers.

You are dreaming wake up.

Seria B is on the level of English League one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:58pm On Apr 03, 2019
komekn:

Villarreal is in Europe and in the later stages of the Europa league. Fulham will not get this far. They will be beaten handsomely by Villarreal.

Serie B is far better than league 1.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:02pm On Apr 03, 2019
Bolowolowo:
Since when does celebrating on your own justify racist chants? Blacks seriously need to think long and hard before dedicating their international careers to these Caucasian nations. Imagine sweating it out week in and out just for your fellow countrymen to hurl racist chants at you

Welcome to Europe.

If you cannot take the heat don't go in the kitchen.

Leonardo Bonucci is a RACIST BIGOT, it's not what they say in public that matters it's what they think and do.

Out of the depths of the heart the mouth � speaks.

Because they don't call you names doesn't mean they aren't racist.

Darren Moore former manager of West Bromwich was sacked with the club in fourth position in the Championship. And his white inexperienced unqualified assistant given the job, what do you think is going on.

In England children of West African origin have a higher educational achievement and grading than white middle to upper class children.

At university level our children are top of the scale at all levels as soon as they leave and assessment is no longer substantive and objective. They drop to the bottom and with thier first class degrees are unable to secure employment commensurate with thier qualifications.

After a few years the white guys at the bottom of the class are now your bosses.

This behaviour transcends football it's just that in football people can express verbally what they think and believe on the terraces.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:08pm On Apr 03, 2019
komekn:

Na play you dey play .

Villarreal will beat crappy Fulham and co

Villarreal will make top 10 in Epl

Remember this Villarreal eas once a top 4 team in Spain

A poor Villarreal team is in the last 8 of the Europa league

Fulham and others Epl club might not get past the round of 32 apart from the Epl big boys

Argue with your keypad

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:09pm On Apr 03, 2019
komekn:

Agreed but l would add Danny Shittu as being a good defender that never played enough games for us to appreciate him properly.

Shittu is not bad

But you are adding him just because of your love for English brought up player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:09pm On Apr 03, 2019
Bolowolowo:

My bad. I apologize if my statement was perceived as belligerent.

Lol

No wahala

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:10pm On Apr 03, 2019
andrew444:

Thats why laliga is the best league in the world

Such team like Villarreal will be top 10 in the epl table

Take a look at useless clubs like fulham huddersfield town? and someone is telling me top seria B club will not beat those team?

real Madrid have lost 8 games in laliga this season but they comfortably sit at 3rd and might even end up in 2nd... Meanwhile, spurs Chelsea man utd and arsenal who have lost between 6-11 games this season and are battling it out for top4 .
Villarreal are probably the first big laliga team to be battling relegation at this stage of the season..
Former premiered league and champions league winners like Blackburn, Nottingham forest and Aston Villa are in the championship.

The laliga is only tactically better than the EPL... If laliga was the best league in the world it'd be making far more than the EPL especially when u consider that two of the world GOATS played together there....

Those who watch and invest in football league have different targets. if u want exciting football, follow the laliga..but if u want suspense and all round entertainment, follow the EPL...

I think most people prefer the later....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:12pm On Apr 03, 2019
tbaba1234:

Villarreal is in Europe and in the later stages of the Europa league. Fulham will not get this far. They will be beaten handsomely by Villarreal.

Serie B is far better than league 1.

Fulham and the English championship are far better than the Scottish premier league. Which like Seria A and La Liga is essentially a 1or 2 club league.

Rangers will not survive in the Championship they would be in league one.

Over two legs Villareal struggled with Rangers.

I know players who struggled in non league and found it easy to walk into Seria C.

Seria B is FAR BEHIND the championship financially speaking. It's more on the level of League one.

Players follow the £££ not just the style of play. And the more money the mire quality you can attract to suit the rigours and demands if your particular league.

A class example Sadiq Umar TOTAL and COMPLETE quintessential " Wasteman " in Glasgow Rangers but now according to many here " balling " in Perugia.

I rest my case.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:13pm On Apr 03, 2019
Danielnino00:

real Madrid have lost 8 games in laliga this season but they comfortably sit at 3rd and might even end up in 2nd... Meanwhile, spurs Chelsea man utd and arsenal who have lost between 6-11 games this season and are battling it out for top4 .
Villarreal are probably the first big laliga team to be battling relegation at this stage of the season..
Former premiered league and champions league winners like Blackburn, Nottingham forest and Aston Villa are in the championship.

The laliga is only tactically better than the EPL... If laliga was the best league in the world it'd be making far more than the EPL especially when u consider that two of the world GOATS played together there....

Those who watch and invest in football league have different targets. if u want exciting football, follow the laliga..but if u want suspense and all round entertainment, follow the EPL...

Laliga is the best league in the world

Go and sanction uefa who is responsible for the rankings

EOD

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:15pm On Apr 03, 2019
Danielnino00:

Agreed without one iota of reservation.

But l would substitute the word tactically for "Technically " but it's open to debate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:17pm On Apr 03, 2019
andrew444:

Laliga is the best league in the world

Go and sanction uefa who is responsible for the rankings

EOD

Coefficient measurement is heavily weighted on performance in the Champion league. As a result Barcelona and Real Madrid push La Liga up the rankings ladder.

Otherwise EPL is on aggregate SUPERIOR.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 2:18pm On Apr 03, 2019
komekn:

Ahhhh Danny.

The "Big Dan" as I liked to call him then

Dude was fearless and very consistent. I couldn't remember him having a bad game for us.

To me, he will compete with balogun/Ekonf of he were to be playing today

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 2:22pm On Apr 03, 2019
darkelf:

Ahhhh Danny.

The "Big Dan" as I liked to call him then

Dude was fearless and very consistent. I couldn't remember him having a bad game for us.

To me, he will compete with balogun/Ekonf of he were to be playing today

Danny Shittu was terrible for Nigeria miskicks and own goals

Don't ever compare him to Balogun/Ekong
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:22pm On Apr 03, 2019
andrew444:

Shittu is not bad

But you are adding him just because of your love for English brought up player

Go and watch the Ghana vs Nigeria game and then resubmit your opinion. Just to mention one.

I can also add Yobo has attested to Shittu being the best Defender he partnered with in the SE as a CB.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:24pm On Apr 03, 2019
komekn:

Go and watch the Ghana vs Nigeria game and then resubmit your opinion. Just to mention one.

I can also add Yobo has attested to Shittu being the best Defender he partnered with in the SE as a CB.

Trust me despite opposing you

I am a fan of shittu

He is a better player than the defenders we have now .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:26pm On Apr 03, 2019
komekn:

Dt was shittu's best game ever... .Nigeria vs Ghana 08,quarter finals smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:26pm On Apr 03, 2019
komekn:

Coefficient measurement is heavily weighted on performance in the Champion league. As a result Barcelona and Real Madrid push La Liga up the rankings ladder.

Otherwise EPL is on aggregate SUPERIOR.

Lol

Say dem tie English teams legs for champions league?

You guys have upper hand to win it last year yet Liverpool failed

You guys have upper hand to win it this year also

Try and dominate Europe for the next 4/5 years uefa will change the rankings immediately

Should I remind you that Spanish teams has made Liverpool go trophyless in Europe twice ?

Loosing against Sevilla in Europa league final

And also loosing against a Madrid last season

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:33pm On Apr 03, 2019
komekn:

Agreed without one iota of reservation.

But l would substitute the word tactically for "Technically " but it's open to debate.

You must agree

Daniel is not the bias type ,thou I don't agree with him

Teams from 11th to 20th in the Epl won't make it to the Europa league last 8th

Even my Sevilla didn't survive Sparta Prague that olayinka club ,na those Epl small team go come survive am abi? I never wan even add teams like Frankfurt and co

Thou Chelsea Arsenal Napoli remains Europa league winners favorites

(1) (2) (3) ... (5712) (5713) (5714) (5715) (5716) (5717) (5718) ... (16194) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: oluwatobi01(m), Ayodun1, charlesemeka85(m), Christinu2 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.