Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,199 members, 7,835,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5716) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11783017 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5713) (5714) (5715) (5716) (5717) (5718) (5719) ... (16195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:37pm On Apr 03, 2019
komekn:

Villarreal will not beat Fulham.

And certainly Derby County, Middlesbrough and Swansea will finish them off.

A team that struggled against Glasgow Rangers.

You are dreaming wake up.

Seria B is on the level of English League one.

Lol grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 2:58pm On Apr 03, 2019
andrew444:

Trust me despite opposing you

I am a fan of shittu

He is a better player than the defenders we have now .

How is Shittu better than the defenders we have now

No be every thing dem tell you you dey agree

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 3:02pm On Apr 03, 2019
Earthquake2:

Danny Shittu was terrible for Nigeria miskicks and own goals

Don't ever compare him to Balogun/Ekong

Go back and watch his tapes bro if you have the time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:04pm On Apr 03, 2019
yeah was really disgusted with what they did to darren moore. watched a video on twitter of a sports radio presenter doing a breakdown of moore's time at the helm of west brom compared to tony pulis and alan pardew no surprises he out performed two of them but at the first sign of a run of bad results they axed really terrible but sadly i'm not surprised

komekn:

Welcome to Europe.

If you cannot take the heat don't go in the kitchen.

Leonardo Bonucci is a RACIST BIGOT, it's not what they say in public that matters it's what they think and do.

Out of the depths of the heart the mouth � speaks.

Because they don't call you names doesn't mean they aren't racist.

Darren Moore former manager of West Bromwich was sacked with the club in fourth position in the Championship. And his white inexperienced unqualified assistant given the job, what do you think is going on.

In England children of West African origin have a higher educational achievement and grading than white middle to upper class children.

At university level our children are top of the scale at all levels as soon as they leave and assessment is no longer substantive and objective. They drop to the bottom and with thier first class degrees are unable to secure employment commensurate with thier qualifications.

After a few years the white guys at the bottom of the class are now your bosses.

This behaviour transcends football it's just that in football people can express verbally what they think and believe on the terraces.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:08pm On Apr 03, 2019
using the rangers game is a bad example. it's like saying because real madrid were knocked out by ajax in the UCL then the dutch league is better than la liga

komekn:

Fulham and the English championship are far better than the Scottish premier league. Which like Seria A and La Liga is essentially a 1or 2 club league.

Rangers will not survive in the Championship they would be in league one.

Over two legs Villareal struggled with Rangers.

I know players who struggled in non league and found it easy to walk into Seria C.

Seria B is FAR BEHIND the championship financially speaking. It's more on the level of League one.

Players follow the £££ not just the style of play. And the more money the mire quality you can attract to suit the rigours and demands if your particular league.

A class example Sadiq Umar TOTAL and COMPLETE quintessential " Wasteman " in Glasgow Rangers but now according to many here " balling " in Perugia.

I rest my case.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:11pm On Apr 03, 2019
Danny was great for us. might not have been the most astute defender technically but he made up for it with determination, grit and passion

Earthquake2:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 03, 2019
One tidbit we may have overlooked about Chukwueze : He's a big match player! Doesn't get swallowed up in the big games. cheesy

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:13pm On Apr 03, 2019
more like 7th to 20th

andrew444:

You must agree

Daniel is not the bias type ,thou I don't agree with him

Teams from 11th to 20th in the Epl won't make it to the Europa league last 8th

Even my Sevilla didn't survive Sparta Prague that olayinka club ,na those Epl small team go come survive am abi? I never wan even add teams like Frankfurt and co

Thou Chelsea Arsenal Napoli remains Europa league winners favorites
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:14pm On Apr 03, 2019
Earthquake2:

Dude only played for naija for 3 years

Am yet to see an omeruo ekong balogun give a performance close to Shittu own

What is special about our defenders now tell me ?

To even score with head self na problem

You can only say shittu didn't play in better club as them because shittu mostly played in championship and just few Epl

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:16pm On Apr 03, 2019
chrisooblog:
more like 7th to 20th

I want to give it from 10th bro to show respect to the Epl
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:18pm On Apr 03, 2019
Earthquake2:

What has balogun ekong do ?

People wey dey use fear play Argentina and co
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:19pm On Apr 03, 2019
komekn:

Welcome to Europe.

If you cannot take the heat don't go in the kitchen.

Leonardo Bonucci is a RACIST BIGOT, it's not what they say in public that matters it's what they think and do.

Out of the depths of the heart the mouth � speaks.

Because they don't call you names doesn't mean they aren't racist.

Darren Moore former manager of West Bromwich was sacked with the club in fourth position in the Championship. And his white inexperienced unqualified assistant given the job, what do you think is going on.

In England children of West African origin have a higher educational achievement and grading than white middle to upper class children.

At university level our children are top of the scale at all levels as soon as they leave and assessment is no longer substantive and objective. They drop to the bottom and with thier first class degrees are unable to secure employment commensurate with thier qualifications.

After a few years the white guys at the bottom of the class are now your bosses.

This behaviour transcends football it's just that in football people can express verbally what they think and believe on the terraces.

God bless you bro

You make too much sense here

Bar man abeg give am 5 Heineken

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 3:20pm On Apr 03, 2019
andrew444:

Dude only played for naija for 3 years

Am yet to see an omeruo ekong balogun give a performance close to Shittu own

What is special about our defenders now tell me ?

To even score with head self na problem

You can only say shittu didn't play in better club as them because shittu mostly played in championship and just few Epl

Shittu is not as good as Ekong or Balogun he was big and hefty but he was confused on the ball and made a lot of mistakes

There was a reason he didn't play in the top level
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 3:21pm On Apr 03, 2019
chrisooblog:
Danny was great for us. might not have been the most astute defender technically but he made up for it with determination, grit and passion

He sure made up for it in mistakes and terrible tackles, there is always uneasiness when he was in our defense
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:24pm On Apr 03, 2019
Earthquake2:

Shittu is not as good as Ekong or Balogun he was big and hefty but he was confused on the ball and made a lot of mistakes

He was unlucky and he spent all his career in England ,you no no as Epl be then ,shittu will play in a small Epl team of now

Ekong and balogun are not bad players but they have done nothing special bro

You dey accuse shittu of own goal ,even Joseph yobo dey do own goal .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 3:24pm On Apr 03, 2019
darkelf:

Go back and watch his tapes bro if you have the time

Nostalgia makes us remember people fondly

That's why most will say that Bartholomew Ogbeche or Aghaghowa was better than Ighalo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 3:28pm On Apr 03, 2019
andrew444:

He was unlucky and he spent all his career in England ,you no no as Epl be then ,shittu will play in a small Epl team of now

Ekong and balogun are not bad players but they have done nothing special bro

You dey accuse shittu of own goal ,even Joseph yobo dey do own goal .

Sergio Ramos scores own goals but you can't compare him to Smalling or Jones

Our current defenders are not the best in the world but they brought a lot of calm to our defense

Shittu has passion and drive but he was below average, he would not make any EPL team at all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:28pm On Apr 03, 2019
terrible tackles where?

Earthquake2:

He sure made up for it in mistakes and terrible tackles, there is always uneasiness when he was in our defense
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 3:29pm On Apr 03, 2019
Earthquake2:

abeg leave them.... as if i never watched shittu play.
same shittu who was only good enough for championship teams.

same way i spoil my eyes read many here say none of the
present crop of super eagles players will make the 1994 Team.
if the 1994 team was so good why didn't them win the world
cup..?
sometimes we just say things as if the rest of us never watched this
guys play....... you can say they are quite much better and cohesive
but to say none 0f the present players will make the 1994 team makes
no reason.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 3:31pm On Apr 03, 2019
chrisooblog:
terrible tackles where?

Shittu was synonymous to bad tackles grin

Is nostalgia messing with your memory?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 3:31pm On Apr 03, 2019
Earthquake2:

That's why most will say that Bartholomew Ogbeche or Aghaghowa was better than Ighalo
For Aghahowa i will agree...
Aghawonder is miles ahead of Ighalo... i doubt Ighalo can score that goal against Sweden in 2002 world cup.

i watched both players kicked the ball... Aghahowa was a goal machine
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 3:32pm On Apr 03, 2019
Humility017:

abeg leave them.... as if i never watched shittu play.
same shittu who was only good enough for championship teams.

same way i spoil my eyes read many here say none of the
present crop of super eagles players will make the 1994 Team.
if the 1994 team was so good why didn't them win the world
cup..?
sometimes we just say things as if the rest of us never watched this
guys play....... you can say they are quite much better and cohesive
but to say none 0f the present players will make the 1994 team makes
no reason.

People will say Oboabona is better than Balogun because he is no longer playing, Shittu that brought fear to our minds whenever he was playing is now Sergio Ramos
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:33pm On Apr 03, 2019
Earthquake2:

Sergio Ramos scores own goals but you can't compare him to Smalling or Jones

Our current defenders are not the best in the world but they brought a lot of calm to our defense

Shittu has passion and drive but he was below average, he would not make any EPL team at all

Joseph yobo and shittu partnership was better than ekong and balogun partnership ,nothing special about ekong and balogun partnership ,they are the best we have so we are okay with them

Even oboabona face better challenges than oyinbo wall ,not saying he is better than them ,before dem go come for me

Oyinbo wall dey sabi get respect for big opponent

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:34pm On Apr 03, 2019
Earthquake2:

People will say Oboabona is better than Balogun because he is no longer playing, Shittu that brought fear to our minds whenever he was playing is now Sergio Ramos

Lol

Which one be Ramos again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 3:35pm On Apr 03, 2019
Earthquake2:

add ball control...dude lacked it.
he was a traditional borough player who believe and delight in kick and rush football...
any where belly face football
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 3:36pm On Apr 03, 2019
Humility017:

For Aghahowa i will agree...
Aghawonder is miles ahead of Ighalo... i doubt Ighalo can score that goal against Sweden in 2002 world cup

i watched both players kicked the ball... Aghahowa was a goal machine

You are now comparing two players career based on one goal grin

You forgot Ighalo had a 15 goal season spell in the EPL, what Aghahowa never came close to achieving

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:38pm On Apr 03, 2019
guy it shouldn't be hard for you to pull up examples of this ''terrible tackles'' na

instead of all this ''subjective bias'' you are peddling

Earthquake2:

Shittu was synonymous to bad tackles grin

Is nostalgia messing with your memory?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 3:39pm On Apr 03, 2019
Earthquake2:

No, that's not the case here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:40pm On Apr 03, 2019
Earthquake2:

You are now comparing two players career based on one goal grin

You forgot Ighalo had a 15 goal season spell in the EPL, what Aghahowa never came close to achieving

Aghahawo was good sha ,but the guy over low him age ,dude was a police officer before he went into football

Dude was a Wigan flop
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 3:40pm On Apr 03, 2019
andrew444:

Joseph yobo and shittu partnership was better than ekong and balogun partnership ,nothing special about ekong and balogun partnership ,they are the best we have so we are okay with them

Even oboabona face better challenges than oyinbo wall ,not saying he is better than them ,before dem go come for me

Oyinbo wall dey sabi get respect for big opponent

you guys are funny... the only partnership that came close to
ekong and leon partnership is omeruo and obaobona partnership.

tell me something else, i can't remember a partnership like that of the two light guys
ever in Nigeria...all through the world cup qualifications this guys conceded least number
of goals..i have ever witnessed. if you mention odia and abbey self i go hear not one shittu
guy running like a wolf
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:41pm On Apr 03, 2019
nobody is saying shittu is the second coming of baresi just appreciate the man for his small contributions

Earthquake2:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 3:41pm On Apr 03, 2019
Earthquake2:

Lol...Shittu Lollll
same Shittu i know or is he someone else different

(1) (2) (3) ... (5713) (5714) (5715) (5716) (5717) (5718) (5719) ... (16195) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Subzerooo, Theben(m), ThanosKilla(m), humility33(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.