Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,464 members, 7,830,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11754965 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6145) (6146) (6147) (6148) (6149) (6150) (6151) ... (16183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:58pm On Jun 09, 2019
darkelf:

Where they winning enough gmes to be in top four

MOurinho never had time for unnecessary passing, yet he has a better resume than Rodgers

You are free to like what you choose to.

I am more of a passing person and sees it as the true art of coaching. Being able to do that over many games earn my respect.

The top clubs in the games most times are made of fluid passing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:59pm On Jun 09, 2019
darkelf:

By the end of next season, we will know...okay?

It is not about stints but longevity in the game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:00am On Jun 10, 2019
nelszx:

This thing we play is soring my eyes
No directional play, no aim no target
I saw the England-netherlands game and was impressed with their short passes even though they lost due to passing errors it's something they can build on like the Spaniards

Precisely. It is something that grows with time. If they continue that way, they will get to a dominant position soon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 12:04am On Jun 10, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Nacho man's rise to fame from City academy to City main team was playing as a hit man. He excelled playing as a striker and utilised his best attribute which is being lethal in front of goal. All Nacho needs is to have regular run in a system that creates loads of chances and he will shine bright.

I would also shine in such a set up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:05am On Jun 10, 2019
junnyjake:

I would also shine in such a set up.

Easier said than done.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:21am On Jun 10, 2019
I am almost sure KC didn't pay to trend yesterday. Zoro has a single out named Iheanacho and I believe that is where that came from.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:28am On Jun 10, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
I am almost sure KC didn't pay to trend yesterday. Zoro has a single out named Iheanacho and I believe that is where that came from.

Seems you're not on Twitter.

Iheanacho was the one trending as at Saturday, Zoro's song only trended on Sunday, when it was released. As at when Kelechi was trending on Saturday, there was nothing about Zoro's song. Every post about Iheanacho, was specifically about the player, Kelechi Iheanacho

If he did not pay to trend, someone paid for him to trend. Whichever way, I hope Onyi Alex and his other babes are putting themselves to good use in thesw trying times and justifying all the money he's been lavishing on them. He needs their love and support now more than ever
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:47am On Jun 10, 2019
safarigirl:

Seems you're not on Twitter.

Iheanacho was the one trending as at Saturday, Zoro's song only trended on Sunday, when it was released. As at when Kelechi was trending on Saturday, there was nothing about Zoro's song. Every post about Iheanacho, was specifically about the player, Kelechi Iheanacho

If he did not pay to trend, someone paid for him to trend. Whichever way, I hope Onyi Alex and his other babes are putting themselves to good use in thesw trying times and justifying all the money he's been lavishing on them. He needs their love and support now more than ever

I am on twitter but I can tell u someone who is not. Rohr is not on twitter so how would any of that even affect him?

What are the odds that a song named Iheanacho drops the day after the same name trends? There is no such thing like coincidence when it comes to the entertainment business, these things are always planned. Every post was about Iheanacho because if nobody is talking about the player what would be the point using his name?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:05am On Jun 10, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

I am on twitter but I can tell u someone who is not. Rohr is not on twitter so how would any of that even affect him?

What are the odds that a song named Iheanacho drops the day after the same name trends? There is no such thing like coincidence when it comes to the entertainment business, these things are always planned. Every post was about Iheanacho because if nobody is talking about the player what would be the point using his name?

This is what you want to believe

And that is fine, but the fact is, the song that dropped and the player had nothing to do with each other. Iheanacho trended again on Sunday, but it was for the song. The Saturday trend has nothing to do with te song.

When Omeruo paid for his name to trend last year, was Rohr on twitter? Do you know how PR works? You think because Rohr is not on Twitter, it can't play a part.

Because we did not post screenshots here. If you visited Twitter on Saturday, there was not one mention of Zoro's song, rather, it was people posting how Kelechi will be good in Egypt, asking Rohr to play him. Pure, BASIC PR. Everyone on Twitter who wasn't an influencer knew it was paid trend. E be like you no know how Twitter be, or you're in denial.

Believe whatever you wish sha, people wey know, know.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 2:11am On Jun 10, 2019
alekside:
Rodgers this! Rodgers that! like he is one tactical genius.

Is it not the same Rodgers that messed up in his last season with Liverpool. A manager who thought players like Balotelli, Borini and Benteke were the perfect replacement for Luis Suarez.

Make we hear word abeg grin
He didn't want to sign Balotelli and Benteke.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:05am On Jun 10, 2019
edi287:

He didn't want to sign Balotelli and Benteke.

I did not know about that. When that post came earlier, what went through my mind that there was only one possible replacement for Suarez and that was Alexis Sanchez. Shocking that it was Brendan Rodgers choice and the board did not let him have his way.

Nice post.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 4:09am On Jun 10, 2019
darkelf:

Your comments say it all

same way your comments shows your low self esteem and negative attitude to life. I ain't ever see anyone as pessimistic as u are. U go about with your defeatist mentality. Nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 4:58am On Jun 10, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I did not know about that. When that post came earlier, what went through my mind that there was only one possible replacement for Suarez and that was Alexis Sanchez. Shocking that it was Brendan Rodgers choice and the board did not let him have his way.

Nice post.
Apparently Alexis chose Arsenal because his wife preferred to live in London.
That was Rodgers prime target.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by johnjunior39(m): 5:32am On Jun 10, 2019
Morning Fam, it's actually unfair for people here to be hauling all this forms of abuse on Ihenacho. What's the need. He was chosen and so what? Why are we all giving up on him already. This naija self. He declined yes but does that mean he ain't going to come back again? The guedes people were hailing yesterday was at this stage one time , it can happen to any player.
The whole insulting is very childish.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:41am On Jun 10, 2019
nelszx:

If only our boys can pass like this e for too sweet me
We pass 2 times then boom (O) from defence to attack

You can only pass like that on a smooth surface

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:37am On Jun 10, 2019
kellycute:
same way your comments shows your low self esteem and negative attitude to life. I ain't ever see anyone as pessimistic as u are. U go about with your defeatist mentality. Nonsense

Cry all you want but you can't change the fact that nacho didn't make the squad. I wasn't in support of Mikel but he made it and really balled against Zimbabwe so the best I can do is support the team regard less. I won't go about crying like a spoilt Kid whose breast milk was taken from him.

Missense
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 10, 2019
so there can still be people clamoring for the inclusion of nacho pig mouth in the team the guy is having the same of goal as balogun who is a defender even ndidi has more goal than him nacho is no more serious as a footballer he has lost focus a lot the guy can even control a single ball in the match against south Africa the guy should be sold to Nottingham forest ahhhhh the guy nah huge disappointment despite his good show in man city never expected this from nacho ...... Kelly cute supporting nacho is jex blind with sentiment and prejudices with this current squad Nigeria will go and conquer Africa

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:04am On Jun 10, 2019
safarigirl:

This is what you want to believe

And that is fine, but the fact is, the song that dropped and the player had nothing to do with each other. Iheanacho trended again on Sunday, but it was for the song. The Saturday trend has nothing to do with te song.

When Omeruo paid for his name to trend last year, was Rohr on twitter? Do you know how PR works? You think because Rohr is not on Twitter, it can't play a part.

Because we did not post screenshots here. If you visited Twitter on Saturday, there was not one mention of Zoro's song, rather, it was people posting how Kelechi will be good in Egypt, asking Rohr to play him. Pure, BASIC PR. Everyone on Twitter who wasn't an influencer knew it was paid trend. E be like you no know how Twitter be, or you're in denial.

Believe whatever you wish sha, people wey know, know.

You are making it seem like Saturday and Sunday are miles apart. Anyways I have said my own

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 7:14am On Jun 10, 2019
darkelf:

Cry all you want but you can't change the fact that nacho didn't make the squad. I wasn't in support of Mikel but he made it and really balled against Zimbabwe so the best I can do is support the team regard less. I won't go about crying like a spoilt Kid whose breast milk was taken from him.

Missense
let me cry in peace. Is it your tears?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 7:18am On Jun 10, 2019
Actually Kelechi14 was trending on Saturday not even Iheanacho

So it has nothing to do with Zoro's song
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:39am On Jun 10, 2019
Earthquake2:
Actually Kelechi14 was trending on Saturday not even Iheanacho

So it has nothing to do with Zoro's song
Please, help me tell him.

This denial is strong
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:40am On Jun 10, 2019
sheyishemba:
so there can still be people clamoring for the inclusion of nacho pig mouth in the team the guy is having the same of goal as balogun who is a defender even ndidi has more goal than him nacho is no more serious as a footballer he has lost focus a lot the guy can even control a single ball in the match against south Africa the guy should be sold to Nottingham forest ahhhhh the guy nah huge disappointment despite his good show in man city never expected this from nacho ...... Kelly cute supporting nacho is jex blind with sentiment and prejudices with this current squad Nigeria will go and conquer Africa

So you are not calling nacho pig mouth ?

Too bad and immature from you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 7:46am On Jun 10, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I pray with you for the day we embrace the passing game. We can do it if we work towards it.

I hope you know that the super eagles pass better in good pitches. You can see our games in Uyo and on better pitches.

Our game has been horrible on that Asaba potato pitch. Even our Seychelles game, we struggled to string passes together due to the bumpiness of the pitch
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:47am On Jun 10, 2019
realpoacher:

African football is really poor... This price money is too small.

Most African players earn far more than its being offered to Nations here.

Heck!.. Even iheanacho alone is worth $25M.

CAF should do better abeg

Iheanacho is not worth $25M ,because he is earning 70k weekly doesn't mean he is worth $25m ,but he is rich

Football tournament is not all about the money it's about the pride

Madrid players are worth more than champions league even Liverpool players ,mancity players are worth more than the Epl

Madrid earn 88 million euros winning the last champions league ,you think the money will be shared for the players like say na local naija competition ?

If you are a footballer your business is your weekly salary your bonus and endorsement deals ,if you win a trophy you do it for the honour of your self and the progress of the club

How much did Madrid buy hazard ? Just take for example that they use the champions league winning money in purchasing a player .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:51am On Jun 10, 2019
Humility017:

hmmmm...who did mikel wanted slap pls?

if it was Nacho...mikel should be allowed to beat him up.... Shehu and ighalo should have joined him to beat the pulp out of him.

naughty boy...If it is true ooo

If I talk now you go say I don start ,take a look at what you said up there ,even person wey hate nacho no go talk like this ,look at how you are praying for someone to be beaten up for no reason ,just take a look at what a matured man like you said

According to you mikel and co should beat him up as if he will be looking them like Mumu ,do you think those players are childish and foolish?

I weep for Nigerians and their mentality

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:53am On Jun 10, 2019
the boys are now in Ismaila

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:53am On Jun 10, 2019
elyte89:

That's market value and not net worth ,I don't know if it's the guy you quoted that need correction or you

I am sure that guy mean worth as in account balance and assets
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:54am On Jun 10, 2019
Humility017:

wish I was there...to beat him up.
when he missed that glorious chance against man city...he never knew that miss alone ruled him out of afcon
he denied Rohr compatriot the chance to win the EPL

Just negodu what someone is saying who claim to be matured

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:19am On Jun 10, 2019
Jarus:
Here is my assessment of the chances of each of the teams (done this for the last 11 years)

FAVOURITES
-Egypt
-Senegal
-Morocco

OUTSIDE CHANCES
-Cameroun
-Nigeria
-Ghana
-CIV
-Algeria

FIGHTING CHANCES
Tunisia
Congo
Mali
Guinea
South Africa

NEVER-SAY-NEVER
- Angola
- Tanzania
- Zimbabwe
- Burundi

NO-HOPERS
-Benin
-Uganda
-Mauritania
-Madagascar
-Kenya
-Namibia
-Guinea Bissau

Now, on a personal level, which do I want to win?

1. Nigeria (for obvious reason)
2. Mali (they have been underachieving for long - mostly gets knocked out in semis)

Which do I think will win?
Morocco or Egypt

Senegal have very good individual players but not a great team.

Ghana should be on no hopers

If Ghana win the afcon I will spray my hair to blue

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 8:24am On Jun 10, 2019
The kind of life that will make you think that you have arrived

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:41am On Jun 10, 2019
zuchyblink:
The kind of life that will make you think that you have arrived

Make una leave this guy nah

You expect him to move alone so he will be kidnapped abi ?

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by naturecures: 8:44am On Jun 10, 2019
Everyone should drop this Ajayi and Nacho argument/protest, apparently the two were dropped because in African tournament if you must shine a player must have the capacity to bully, outplay strong and aggressive on the ball, Now Mr Rohr simply know they (Nacho, Ajayi) cannot bring that to play.
Take a look at their various departments who can they withstand head to head with these qualities stated? Please both player are not outcasts, of course they have a brighter future with Eagles

(1) (2) (3) ... (6145) (6146) (6147) (6148) (6149) (6150) (6151) ... (16183) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, shawwal1(m), 123jamessmith, kayburner, Meliforme and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.