Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11648175 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6172) (6173) (6174) (6175) (6176) (6177) (6178) ... (16145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 3:24pm On Jun 13, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Where have you been? grin

Vicissitudes of life.

I can see that you're still in the business of absolving Kelechi of his career explosion. Na so!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:26pm On Jun 13, 2019
mostob:
ok o....make Argentina sha carry the cup

That one go hard but i hope so
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:28pm On Jun 13, 2019
busky007:
i always thought dat nacho wasnt liked much in this thread .a lot of us use to call for nacho to be droped but the way u people are complaining now he was dropped is silly sef

Lol, even we the fan boys no complain
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:31pm On Jun 13, 2019
joseph1013:

Vicissitudes of life.

I can see that you're still in the business of absolving Kelechi of his career explosion. Na so!

Not explosion. I think is more of misunderstanding by people.

There are strikers that thrive on goals. Others can escape with being bullies and power players.

Nacho thrives on goals but he can not score if he does not have good number of chances. Finishing is a numbers game.

Under Puel and Shakespeare, coupled with limited run of games, the chances he had were in systems that do not give him chances. He met the same under Rohr’s system. So people took it as a career implosion.

Fortunately for the young man, he has a coach who understands the system of creating chances and developing players to get tuned to it. So a run of games in the system will show Nacho still has the quality people feel is no more there.

Finito.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:32pm On Jun 13, 2019
According to news i heard, Aina is first choice right back while awaziem is second choice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:33pm On Jun 13, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Not explosion. I think is more of misunderstanding by people.

There are strikers that thrive on goals. Others can escape with being bullies and power players.

Nacho thrives on goals but he can not score if he does not have good number of chances. Finishing is a numbers game.

Under Puel and Shakespeare, coupled with limited run of games, the chances he had were in systems that do not give him chances. He met the same under Rohr’s system. So people took it as a career implosion.

Fortunately for the young man, he has a coach who understands the system of creating chances and developing players to get tuned to it. So a run of games in the system will show Nacho still has the quality people feel is no more there.

Finito.

Bros you no dey tire for iheanacho argument?

If argument na balon d or, you and forgiveness go be messi and cr7

12 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:34pm On Jun 13, 2019
tbaba1234:
Azubuike linked to Besiktas.

Source?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 3:35pm On Jun 13, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Last thing Rohr needed was Iheanacho having a good display and giving him a selection headache. Rohr already made up his mind those he was taking and Nacho was not on his list. A brilliant performance from Nacho would have people questioning his decision to drop Nacho.

Sincerely yours,
TheGoodJoe
True as this is, it isn't particularly a wrong choice by Rohr. You cannot completely override a horrible season with a 90minutes good performance, it doesn't happen anywhere in the world.

1 game is absolutely too small a sample size to make any meaningful decision from, that's why even scouts monitor a player for months before deciding if he is good or not.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:35pm On Jun 13, 2019
andrew444:
According to news i heard, Aina is first choice right back while awaziem is second choice
So what of Shehu? How will Awaziem be ahead of Shehu at the RB position?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:36pm On Jun 13, 2019
Marjoribanks:

Guy you are filled with extreme inferiority complex.
You need help, like seriously.
As a matter of fact you are the one with insanity.
How many goals did those Brazilian forward scored this past season?
What has been Williams and Marcelo form this season?
You have shown yourself as someone without SELF WORTH.

Why insulting him? say una 2 dey fight?

Take it easy and stop pouring your anger on him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:37pm On Jun 13, 2019
Icon4s:

So what of Shehu? How will Awaziem be ahead of Shehu at the RB position?

Thats what i heard, shehu is down in the pecking order
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:40pm On Jun 13, 2019
SerVik:

True as this is, it isn't particularly a wrong choice by Rohr. You cannot completely override a horrible season with a 90minutes good performance, it doesn't happen anywhere in the world.

1 game is absolutely too small a sample size to make any meaningful decision from, that's why even scouts monitor a player for months before deciding if he is good or not.

But fans can understand that a striker will not be stellar in such system and does not deserve to shoulder much blame because of limited chances.

Also, we should be bigger than being scared of South Africa to ruin our season to thus outplay them and still win. Docking our tails is sheer cowardice.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:41pm On Jun 13, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Last thing Rohr needed was Iheanacho having a good display and giving him a selection headache. Rohr already made up his mind those he was taking and Nacho was not on his list. A brilliant performance from Nacho would have people questioning his decision to drop Nacho.

Sincerely yours,
TheGoodJoe

I am personally not completely sold out on Onuachu. If Iheanacho had put in a good display in that friendly, I would have dropped Onuachu and Picked Iheanacho.

I am still wondering what Rohr is going to do with 3 CFs when our wings are already loaded. If there was a deficiency of wingers I could say "ok when the need arises we may play one of the CFs from the wings so as to accommodate another striker". To me Osimhen and Onuachu equates to one striker. We didn't need both.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 3:42pm On Jun 13, 2019
andrew444:

Why insulting him? say una 2 dey fight?

Take it easy and stop pouring your anger on him
He called me out first.
I returned the favour.
#notfightingnobody.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:42pm On Jun 13, 2019
andrew444:

Thats what i heard, shehu is down in the pecking order

Not true. Awaziem cannot be ahead of Shehu at RB.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 3:49pm On Jun 13, 2019
andrew444:
ebuehi will return to take the right back position.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:51pm On Jun 13, 2019
Icon4s:

I am personally not completely sold out on Onuachu. If Iheanacho had put in a good display in that friendly, I would have dropped Onuachu and Picked Iheanacho.

I am still wondering what Rohr is going to do with 3 CFs when our wings are already loaded. If there was a deficiency of wingers I could say "ok when the need arises we may play one of the CFs from the wings so as to accommodate another striker". To me Osimhen and Onuachu equates to one striker. We didn't need both.

I think Rohr has set his system for the competition to stay compact, hit on counters by utilising long balls, hold up play and spread to pacy wingers. He did not create room for alternatives.

Osimhen is back up incase we go behind and we need a pacy power forward to change the complexion of the game.

From his calculations and how to see out games, Nacho did not fit in.

Onuachu might not look fit for the kind of explosive forward play you want but he is a perfect fit for the system Rohr intends to employ.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:52pm On Jun 13, 2019
Marjoribanks:

He called me out first.
I returned the favour.
#notfightingnobody.

Alright bro

No wahala
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:52pm On Jun 13, 2019
Icon4s:

Not true. Awaziem cannot be ahead of Shehu at RB.

Lol ok

me say na according to wetin i hear sha so it might be true or not
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:53pm On Jun 13, 2019
kellycute:

Ebuehi is a joy to watch

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:57pm On Jun 13, 2019
Icon4s:

Taking 3 strikers to a competition is very very good

Belgium took 3 strikers to the world cup and they are also loaded with wingers

Are you judging onauchu by just a game? if iheanacho made it to the afcon then its monkey dey work and baboon dey chop so you want him to come from no where and proove him self in a friendly then you will use that opportunity to take him, if so then isaac success should also be in afcon

You cant just have a bad form for club side and work in straight to the national team when there are others strikers who did well.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 4:01pm On Jun 13, 2019
everybody love ebuehi
kellycute:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 4:03pm On Jun 13, 2019
andrew444:

Are you judging onauchu by just a game? if iheanacho made it to the afcon then its monkey dey work and baboon dey chop so you want him to come from no where and proove him self in a friendly then you will use that opportunity to take him, if so then isaac success should also be in afcon

You cant just have a bad form for club side and work in straight to the national team when there are others strikers who did well.

God bless you yanfu yanfu.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:09pm On Jun 13, 2019
darkelf:

West ham will never take that flop. They have better players even on their bench. You chink he will bench chicharito? Lmao. I Dom see things for this thread.

Oga, he is going to turkey or Denmark abeg

hmmmmmmmm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 13, 2019
On the Super Falcons, that young goal keeper and a relatively stable defence might be the reason we might hold France to a stalemate. Make we no follow France argue midfield, defence and route one to Oshaola should do the trick.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 4:16pm On Jun 13, 2019
Truidstar:
On the Super Falcons, that young goal keeper and a relatively stable defence might be the reason we might hold France to a stalemate. Make we no follow France argue midfield, defence and route one to Oshaola should do the trick.

The defence made a lot of mistakes that South Korea didn't capitalize on

France isn't going to be that generous
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 4:26pm On Jun 13, 2019
Humility017:

yeah sure...
let's hope everything pangs well....
going with like kind of strikers where you will likely play
one at a time is like a waste of space...

i am not okay with PAUL...he cant even jump to head
Even as useless as Agali was when it comes to foot work
but on the air he was a beast

Even I am not okay with his last performance but let us give him the benefit of doubt. You know why?

Because they might have been playing to avoid last minute injuries that may rule them out of contention. I know it sounds like I'm giving them excuses but let's see what they have to offer at the tournament proper first.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 4:26pm On Jun 13, 2019
andrew444:

No amount of excuse u try to give on why nacho shld b on d plane,will only make one look irrational

All dis unnecessary excuse/formations to accommodate him, no b here,it is not as if his inclusion will decide whether we will excel @ afcon or not

Nacho doesn't worth been @d afcon...period,let's move on undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:29pm On Jun 13, 2019
elyte89:

No amount of excuse u try to give on why nacho shld b on d plane,will only make one look irrational

All dis unnecessary excuse/formations to accommodate him, no b here,it is not as if his inclusion will decide whether we will excel @ afcon or not

Nacho doesn't worth been @d afcon...period,let's move on undecided

GBAM
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 4:30pm On Jun 13, 2019
Truidstar:

I agree with you somewhat but you see if the midfield collapses, the defence is exposed and should the defence come under continuous pressure, I don't think they will hold for 90mins.

A counter attacking style with 2 DMs may do the trick but we would need to take our chances when they come
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:32pm On Jun 13, 2019
Earthquake3:

The defence made a lot of mistakes that South Korea didn't capitalize on

France isn't going to be that generous

Abeg shun that France isn't going to be generous talk. The same France who's best defender put the ball into their net with zero pressure? If Escobar had scored that kind of own goal who would even have shown pity?

Football is played on the pitch I expect the girls to keep improving and we shall see what happens on Monday.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 4:33pm On Jun 13, 2019
andrew444:

I couldn't have said it better.

Some of us tend to forget so soon how the same onuachu was touted after his superb strike against Egypt that gave us the win. As for me, I'll wait until he plays at the AFCON to judge him

(1) (2) (3) ... (6172) (6173) (6174) (6175) (6176) (6177) (6178) ... (16145) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Silentgroper(m), caprikon and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.