Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11643888 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6171) (6172) (6173) (6174) (6175) (6176) (6177) ... (16144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:22pm On Jun 13, 2019
edi287:

We would die to have one of those guys. The French team is stacked!!

How many people dem go come carry go tournament ?

Digne started against turkey

Farland mendy who is now a Madrid player started against Andorra

Then 2 World Cup winners Benjamin mendy and Lucas Hernandez was not in squad because of injury
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 1:22pm On Jun 13, 2019
andrew444:
Wait o ,how many left back does the French national team have ?

Lucas digne ?
Lucas Hernandez ?
Benjamin Mendy ?
Farland Mendy

French team is Africa's in diaspora best Xi grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:23pm On Jun 13, 2019
Earthquake3:

French team is Africa's in diaspora best Xi grin

Lol

More of Senegalese and Mali combined with Algerians and very few Morocco XI
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 1:24pm On Jun 13, 2019
andrew444:

Lol

More of Senegalese and Mali combined with Algerians and very few Morocco XI

Add Cameroun
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:29pm On Jun 13, 2019
Earthquake3:

Add Cameroun

lol okay ,cameroun go be 1 percent
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:36pm On Jun 13, 2019
I totally 100% agree with you, bro. I am not one to second guess a coach on selection decision because I am of the opinion that a coach understands his team better than we the fans; however, I think that Rohr tends to put too much stock on how often the players are playing (or not playing) for their euro club sides. I don't totally agree with that because we've seen players who set the euro leagues on fire but turned out to be flops in green and white. Similarly, we've seen players who weren't having good seasons at their football clubs but still get it done when they put on the green and white.

O pari

Humility017:
if ROHR will be settling for mikel ndidi and iwobi in the midfield. .dropping nacho was a poor tactical decision because going by the above nacho is one player amongst the strikers that can play as 10/8/9 he can always come in for iwobi
Paul still a suspect to me Tijani kind of a player

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 1:40pm On Jun 13, 2019
Icon79:
I totally 100% agree with you, bro. I am not one to second guess a coach on selection decision because I am of the opinion that a coach understands his team better than we the fans; however, I think that Rohr tends to put too much stock on how often the players are playing (or not playing) for their euro club sides. I don't totally agree with that because we've seen players who set the euro leagues on fire but turned out to be flops in green and white. Similarly, we've seen players who weren't having good seasons at their football clubs but still get it done when they put on the green and white.

O pari

Rohr counterbalances your performance at club level and GWG as all good coaches do

That's why Balogun and Musa(at a time) were playing for the SE despite not getting much game time at club level

Iheanacho has not performed at both levels so I don't see the need for his inclusion in the team

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 1:42pm On Jun 13, 2019
Humility017:

yeah sure...
let's hope everything pangs well....
going with like kind of strikers where you will likely play
one at a time is like a waste of space...

i am not okay with PAUL.... he cant even jump to head

Even as useless as Agali was when it comes to foot work
but on the air he was a beast

Bros na lie.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 1:44pm On Jun 13, 2019
Humility017:

okay...pray we win our first two matches so that rohr can Bench him for the last group match for someone else to enable him have some rest

Team physiologist welldone work.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 1:48pm On Jun 13, 2019
Earthquake3:

Rohr counterbalances your performance at club level and GWG as all good coaches do

That's why Balogun and Musa(at a time) were playing for the SE despite not getting much game time at club level

Iheanacho has not performed at both levels so I don't see the need for his inclusion in the team
you can't be more righter....nacho this season is a - minus....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:48pm On Jun 13, 2019
I can't even remember the last time KC was given a chance in green and white. Or are you banking on that 50 mins cameo at the World Cup? How many Super Eagles players played well in that tournament? A good coach would've given KC and even Semi (but especially KC) 90 mins, to show what they got, in the game vs Uganda. Then if KC fails to person, then he can cut him. That's what he did for Aina before the World Cup, so why not give KC the same chance to prove himself?

O pari

Earthquake3:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:02pm On Jun 13, 2019
Icon79:
I can't even remember the last time KC was given a chance in green and white. Or are you banking on that 50 mins cameo at the World Cup? How many Super Eagles players played well in that tournament? A good coach would've given KC and even Semi (but especially KC) 90 mins, to show what they got, in the game vs Uganda. Then if KC fails to person, then he can cut him. That's what he did for Aina before the World Cup, so why not give KC the same chance to prove himself?

O pari

Are u sure u knw what u re saying ?

What abt d match he played against Seychelles away?rohr has always given ighalo and nacho almost equal chance,what else does he want undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:05pm On Jun 13, 2019
Icon79:

O pari

Last thing Rohr needed was Iheanacho having a good display and giving him a selection headache. Rohr already made up his mind those he was taking and Nacho was not on his list. A brilliant performance from Nacho would have people questioning his decision to drop Nacho.

Sincerely yours,
TheGoodJoe

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 2:06pm On Jun 13, 2019
Sportilitica:

They lost to Turkey sadly
Yeah and deservedly so. Deschamps is just wasting their golden generation by sticking to his favorites.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 2:07pm On Jun 13, 2019
andrew444:

How many people dem go come carry go tournament ?

Digne started against turkey

Farland mendy who is now a Madrid player started against Andorra

Then 2 World Cup winners Benjamin mendy and Lucas Hernandez was not in squad because of injury
Squad depth bro. Great headache to have as a coach.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:27pm On Jun 13, 2019
edi287:

Squad depth bro. Great headache to have as a coach.

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 2:29pm On Jun 13, 2019
Icon79:

O pari

You didn't remember that Nacho started against South Africa and was abysmal including not being able to trap a goal bound chance

You want Rohr to take somebody's chance against Uganda and give to him(Osimhen and Chukwueze)

The SE is not about Nacho, make him swerve

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:29pm On Jun 13, 2019
edi287:

Yeah and deservedly so. Deschamps is just wasting their golden generation by sticking to his favorites.

But he won the world cup sha

Its time for deschamps to drop giroud, at least giroud has won the world cup, what has lacazette done to deserve such treatment?

If umtiti doesnt start for barca next season, Lenglet should collect his national team starting shirt also

Rafael varane days seems numbered in madrid defence, but let me observe sha.

With current form Aymeric Laporte and Lenglet should be starters
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 13, 2019
Icon79:

O pari

The coach has seen him in training. And that has constituted the coach's decision. That said, KC has played as a striker for almost all of his career and it is too late to experiment with KC in the midfield with the super eagles.

If Iwobi has to come off, Etebo/Ogu will replace him and Mikel may move upfront.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:55pm On Jun 13, 2019
I beg. It is good Nacho is not going. My mind flashed back to that South Africa game where Rohr parked Bus. Shocking and unbelievable Rohr could stoop that low for South Africa. In such system, a striker like Nacho will be stranded up front and in no way can influence the game. Then people will write Nacho had a poor game against South Africa like it is his fault the coached opted for a negative set up where the attacker gets very limited good chances.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:57pm On Jun 13, 2019
Rohr has Onuachu who fits his conservative system and Ighalo who can operate in it. Fighting and bullying defenders. Osimhen can try in a way but not perfect for such system.

Wish the Super Eagles the best.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kalapizim(m): 2:58pm On Jun 13, 2019
andrew444:
Wait o ,how many left back does the French national team have ?

Lucas digne ?
Lucas Hernandez ?
Benjamin Mendy ?
Farland Mendy

grin grin grin Our parents were busy beating our hands for using our left hand. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:59pm On Jun 13, 2019
darkelf:
Omo, see squad

When you have a squad without fabinho, Marcelo and where ederson cannot make first team. A squad that benches William at Chelsea, then you just know they must be getting some things right with their football. I hop Naija can try to emulate them and get there someday.
this squad is good...no doubt but there is no natural goalscorer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:01pm On Jun 13, 2019
Kalapizim:

grin grin grin Our parents were busy beating our hands for using our left hand. grin grin

Lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:04pm On Jun 13, 2019
mostob:
this squad is good...no doubt but there is no natural goalscorer.

E no really mean

Girioud was not a natural scorer when france won the world cup. they even beeat belgium with natural scorers

Firmino is not a natural scorer but won the champions leaguen with liverpool, coutinho and richarlison are not bad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 3:05pm On Jun 13, 2019
darkelf:
Omo, see squad

When you have a squad without fabinho, Marcelo and where ederson cannot make first team. A squad that benches William at Chelsea, then you just know they must be getting some things right with their football. I hop Naija can try to emulate them and get there someday.
Guy you are filled with extreme inferiority complex.
You need help, like seriously.
As a matter of fact you are the one with insanity.
How many goals did those Brazilian forward scored this past season?
What has been Williams and Marcelo form this season?
You have shown yourself as someone without SELF WORTH.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 3:06pm On Jun 13, 2019
grin

Dudes don't wanna move on Nacho's Exclusion from the List?! Seem more than half of the Thread Members are pained, but only few get Balls to show it honorably and angrily respectively.

How are we so sure Nacho can play well as 10 at the Tournament?! You must be excellent at first touch control to excel in the Position and able to operate in tight space, can Iheanacho do that flawlessly?!

Seems we are mixing it up. Iheanacho was a No. 8 at U17, it was Musa Yahaya pulling the String as No. 10 if my memory served me right..... Stand to be corrected.

Iheanacho was deadly as a No. 8 not as a No. 10. Thus he's not rightly a direct Replacement for Iwobi as a No. 10. If at all Rohr needs to sub off Iwobi in a Match, Icon4s has given the best Option, but we can also twist the Formation to 4 - 2 - 4 with a SS operating as a final third Controller.

Winning the first Ball in the Air, holding the Ball to enable tactical off ball Movements from the Wingers and the main Striker. Guess what?! I will play Onuachu in this Role, with Osimhen ahead of him.

Let's bury Iheanacho's Exclusion from the List. AFCON is few Days away!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:08pm On Jun 13, 2019
andrew444:

E no really mean

Girioud was not a natural scorer when france won the world cup. they even beeat belgium with natural scorers

Firmino is not a natural scorer but won the champions leaguen with liverpool, coutinho and richarlison are not bad.
ok o....make Argentina sha carry the cup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 3:08pm On Jun 13, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
I beg. It is good Nacho is not going. My mind flashed back to that South Africa game where Rohr parked Bus. Shocking and unbelievable Rohr could stoop that low for South Africa. In such system, a striker like Nacho will be stranded up front and in no way can influence the game. Then people will write Nacho had a poor game against South Africa like it is his fault the coached opted for a negative set up where the attacker gets very limited good chances.
grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:10pm On Jun 13, 2019
joseph1013:

grin grin grin

Where have you been? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:11pm On Jun 13, 2019
Azubuike linked to Besiktas.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by busky007: 3:12pm On Jun 13, 2019
i always thought dat nacho wasnt liked much in this thread .a lot of us use to call for nacho to be droped but the way u people are complaining now he was dropped is silly sef

(1) (2) (3) ... (6171) (6172) (6173) (6174) (6175) (6176) (6177) ... (16144) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.