Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,025 members, 7,863,689 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:47 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6526) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11948481 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6523) (6524) (6525) (6526) (6527) (6528) (6529) ... (16363) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:52pm On Jul 09, 2019
darkelf:

It becomes inconsistency if i had initially said guinea will be our Major test.

I never said that. Please kindly point out where I have ever said so
grin before Afcon, it was the noise here that Guinea were the only one who could give us trouble in the group... it came to be they couldn't even play shyt

After the Madagascan defeat, from the bowels of vitriolic analysis, Cameroon would be the first real test. Again, the gods don't smell diapers

Now, its SA that's real test cheesy
y'all are professional goalpost shifters

NB
I don't have the luxury of digging your pre-afcon posts

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 10:52pm On Jul 09, 2019
Clementoke:

I'm sure you wouldn't be saying that our first real test was against Madagascar had we won that game. Just the same way the Guinea game would have been our first real test if we had lost against them.
Naija, I hail!! grin grin grin

azin I over hail

Naija people get wahala...you know that song by Ebenezer obey about a man, his son and a horse that sumptuously define a Nigerian

Look at them on this thread, always changing mouth, changing gears and way too much people who Sabi tactics pass our coach...

Pre tournament they don't like Ighalo, Etebo was called a carpenter so much I had to really check if he is truly one before football helped him...

Nobody gave Madagascar a chance, including me and everyone thought Guinea was the real deal, we lost to Madagascar, since then Guinea was not the text anymore but Madagascar... Then Cameroon will beat us blah blah, they tried to intimidate us with how Cameroonians are jam body blah blah but we beat them and sent them home....

Etebo has been a Beast in this Afcon, ighalo is the top scorer, we have qualified and really nothing anybody could use against the Super Eagles, instead we bring out Keshi from nowhere and start another Keshi vs rohr debate....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 10:53pm On Jul 09, 2019
Jarus:

One of my most memorable Eagles' matches. I watched it in Awo Hall as an undergrad in Ife.

The last 10 minutes of that game were the most tensed 10 minutes of any game I have ever watched. Eagles showed great resilience to stop them from equalizing as Camerounians put great pressure on us.

JJ won MVP in that tournament despite Nigeria getting knocked out in the semis.

Great IFE! Awon awo boys. Which block?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:53pm On Jul 09, 2019
edi287:
That wasn't a foul.
Yes, in street football. That was an elbow
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:53pm On Jul 09, 2019
darkelf:

Compare club form and stats
Charles did, missed it?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:55pm On Jul 09, 2019
Odunayaw:
grin before Afcon, it was the noise here that Guinea were the only one who could give us trouble in the group... it came to be they couldn't even play shyt

After the Madagascan defeat, from the bowels of vitriolic analysis, Cameroon would be the first real test. Again, the gods don't smell diapers

Now, its SA that's real test cheesy
y'all are professional goalpost shifters

NB
I don't have the luxury of digging your pre-afcon posts

Yea, everybody said so but not I

I never even gave the team a chance. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:55pm On Jul 09, 2019
Odunayaw:
Charles did, missed it?

Show me then
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:56pm On Jul 09, 2019
jihday:
I hope you realize this isn't club football, where you have all the time in the world to try new things

That is why I have been critical of us moving at a snail pace for years under Rohr in developing the team. As long as we stick to conservative systems to win games we will not grow in any way.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:57pm On Jul 09, 2019
darkelf:

Yea, everybody said so but not I

I never even gave the team a chance. grin
of course, you want a medal and a certificate?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:58pm On Jul 09, 2019
how will they appreciate etebo when he is not xavi or iniesta? all they care about is attacking and pretty football without putting the main aim which is winning into consideration. morroco was among the team that displayed top quality football in this tournament so far but where are they today?

they can never see or appreciates etebo's input in the midfield because he doesnt trade tailor made passes that splits opposing defense into shreds. ndi ma ezigbo ball lmao
Starboytwo:
azin I over hail

Naija people get wahala...you know that song by Ebenezer obey about a man, his son and a horse that sumptuously define a Nigerian

Look at them on this thread, always changing mouth, changing gears and way too much people who Sabi tactics pass our coach...

Pre tournament they don't like Ighalo, Etebo was called a carpenter so much I had to really check if he is truly one before football helped him...

Nobody gave Madagascar a chance, including me and everyone thought Guinea was the real deal, we lost to Madagascar, since then Guinea was not the text anymore but Madagascar... Then Cameroon will beat us blah blah, they tried to intimidate us with how Cameroonians are jam body blah blah but we beat them and sent them home....

Etebo has been a Beast in this Afcon, ighalo is the top scorer, we have qualified and really nothing anybody could use against the Super Eagles, instead we bring out Keshi from nowhere and start another Keshi vs rohr debate....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:59pm On Jul 09, 2019
Odunayaw:
of course, you want a medal and a certificate?

So do you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:00pm On Jul 09, 2019
darkelf:

Show me then
cheesy the Lad was even replying you

charlesemeka85:
Keshi had a better team than Rohr n more experienced one at that. Yobo was a veteran who held his on in fenebahche and Norwich during the tail end of his career. Had an efe ambrose who was a mainstay in the defense line of Scottish biggest club Celtic and also a steady performer in the ucl

In the middle we had a seasoned professional in mikel, a young and constant regular in the serie A in onazi, Nosa was doing very well in Isreal and gaining alot of interest before he left for betis also had haruna and chibuike who were standout performers in their respective clubs dynamo Kiev and Rosenberg but ignored them.

In attack had an emenike who was in his prime and scoring consistently in the ucl and Russian league in the colors of Spartak Moscow, an ideye who partnered legendary Shevchenko in attack in dynamo kieve and finished with double figures in two season prior to the 2013 afcon and an Ike Uche who was prolific in the colors of villareal

Had an echeijile who was playing consistently in one of Portugal biggest clubs Braga, also had taiwo who was a mainstay in the colors of dynamo kiev in his disposal but snubbed him.

Had an inform Sone Aluko who was a dynamite in the Scottish league in the colors of Glasgow rangers but was ignored for the afcon in preference of uzoenyi, had a victor Moses who just signed for Chelsea and did pretty well in his first season. Musa was a consistent performer in the colors of Russian giants cska Moscow.

Had a Vincent enyeama who was unarguably the best goalkeeper in Africa and one of the best in the world then were he was a jewel in the colors of lille.

well...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:01pm On Jul 09, 2019
darkelf:

Really

Na was ooo

Emenike better than Ighalo?

Yobo better than Omeruo??

Nosa better than Etebo??

Even the bench would give Keshi first team a run for their money
a

Brown Ideye, Enyeama, Mikel, Onazi, Victor Moses, Echiejile, Ike Ikechukwu, Ambrose etc were stars.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:01pm On Jul 09, 2019
darkelf:

So do you
Huh? Do not move into vain babblings now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:01pm On Jul 09, 2019
Odunayaw:
cheesy the Lad was even replying you

well...

I said stats and not an essay

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:02pm On Jul 09, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

That is why I have been critical of us moving at a snail pace for years under Rohr in developing the team. As long as we stick to conservative systems to win games we will not grow in any way.
Please mention any national team using such niceties
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 11:02pm On Jul 09, 2019
Rohr is king of African football... at that level ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:02pm On Jul 09, 2019
Odunayaw:
Huh? Do not move into vain babblings now

Do not do so too grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:03pm On Jul 09, 2019
OMANBALA1:

So, in your wildest imagination tactically sound coaches doesnt draw games....lmao
if Rhor has the type of record the Southie guy has, we for don shut down this thread
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:03pm On Jul 09, 2019
charlesemeka85:
dzeko scored a legitmate goal which was disallowed as well
We scored a legitimate goal against Iran and France that were disallowed too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:04pm On Jul 09, 2019
darkelf:

I said stats and not an essay

grin
if understanding that essay (or even doing your homework) was your strong point you wouldn't be going in a circles now

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:05pm On Jul 09, 2019
which goals were legitimate? can u pls check on youtube and post it here for all to see?
edi287:

We scored a legitimate goal against Iran and France that were disallowed too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:05pm On Jul 09, 2019
Odunayaw:
if understanding that essay (or even doing your homework) was your strong point you wouldn't be going in a circles now

If comprehending was your strong point, you also won't be going in circles now cheesy

Okay, let me re-phrase.... I want numbers grin cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:05pm On Jul 09, 2019
forgiveness:
a

Brown Ideye, Enyeama, Mikel, Onazi, Victor Moses, Echiejile, Ike Ikechukwu, Ambrose etc were stars.

Their selective amnesia has taken over. Making it look like the 2013 set were anything as bad as the Zambians of 2012
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IronGalaxy: 11:06pm On Jul 09, 2019
obaaderemi:
You just barked like the dog you are.
that was so low, like a low scum you are
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:06pm On Jul 09, 2019
Bolowolowo:

2 wins? Where did the other win come from? Did he coach another team before Bafana Bafana?

Our first defeat against South Africa was in 2004 Mandela challenge.. Baxter was the coach
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:06pm On Jul 09, 2019
darkelf:

If comprehending was your strong point, you also won't be going in circles now cheesy

Okay, let me re-phrase.... I want numbers grin cheesy
Well, I don't run a daycare service.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:07pm On Jul 09, 2019
Odunayaw:
Well, I don't run a daycare service.

I actually do

Care to enroll grin cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:08pm On Jul 09, 2019
charlesemeka85:
sure it was positives because such feat have not been achieved in our footballing history until keshi came. it was this same mentality that made him a demi god who became untouchable which backfired so bad on our football until rohr took charge.

when keshi left the super eagles post why didn't he get hired immediately before his untimely death?
Seriously?? Why didn't Rohr get hired by a better team before we appointed him(going by your logic)?
He achieved something we couldn't do with much better coaches and better players in 19 years despite getting totally written off (NFF had started making arrangements when we were drawn with Ivory Coast).
Yes he made mistakes but no way is he the worst thing to have happened to our football. That's way over the top.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:08pm On Jul 09, 2019
in keshi's team we had players who were steady hit in the ucl and uel. the likes of musa,efe,emenike,moses,mikel,onazi,echiejile,enyeama,ike uche etc were steady performers in europes biggest club competitions which are the ucl and uel.

in the current super eagles can you boast of such quality anymore?
Odunayaw:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:09pm On Jul 09, 2019
darkelf:
I would prefer to start Ezenwa against South-Africa

Me too oo.. Those South Africans (players, coaching crew and fans) know Akpeyi like the back of their hand... They know how jittery he is . even the fans of his club are happy he is our first choice....
They will try and put pressure on our defence so Akpeyi will commit mistakes...

Make we start Ezenwa abeg..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:09pm On Jul 09, 2019
Danielnino00:

Our first defeat against South Africa was in 2004 Mandela challenge.. Baxter was the coach

Was this before or after the AFCON 2004?

Because I know we defeated them in the group stages by 4 goals

(1) (2) (3) ... (6523) (6524) (6525) (6526) (6527) (6528) (6529) ... (16363) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Odunayaw(m), Napoleon55(m), Marjoribanks, charlesemeka85(m), gomol, Neobulletzz(m), femicyrus(m), TradingGod and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.