Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,386 members, 7,836,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6529) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11788260 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6526) (6527) (6528) (6529) (6530) (6531) (6532) ... (16196) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:03am On Jul 10, 2019
jubilantagida:
mujtahida, please I'd like to get in touch with you outside of here, how possible can that be?
My email is on my profile.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 3:12am On Jul 10, 2019
charlesemeka85:

allegations against amuneke in tanzania

Hi Guys,let me declare interest on this issue,Iam a Tanzanian and I want to clarify few issues on your bogus fellow countryman called Amunike.
It is true that we are not a powerful nation when it comes to soccer but we have decent players and It is true that the last time we made it to AFCOn was 39 years ago
On paper it looks as if Amunike is the messiah who helped Tanzania to qualify after 39 years(we all know Uganda did us a favor and allowed us to clobber them 3-0)
We noticed Amunike's flaws when we played Lesotho,his team selection was mediocre,he left out good players claiming they are Insubordinate,he hates players from the two big and popular clubs (Simba and Yanga)he ended up picking half baked players,we lost 1-0 to lesotho and had to wait until the last match for Ugandans who were already qualified to let us put three goals in the back of their nets.
Fast foward to June in cairo, Amunike was on it again .We were leading kenya 2-1 at half time and how he spent the 10 minutes in the dressing room is still puzzling the Tanzania's fans
**HE YELLED AT SENIOR PLAYERS calling them names claiming they play like women,one of them the center half Kelvin Yondan started crying the mood changed,we ended up loosing 3-2 to kenya,that was the only game we were atleast able to win because winning against senegal and Algeria was almost impossible but we lost because of the IGBO man EGO.
***HIS AGENT(an arab guy)was overheard and allegedly recorded before the game against Algeria that he wanted Tanzania to loose by a very big margin,we ended up loosing 3-0(PLEASE TELL ME IF THAT IS NOT MATCH FIXING)we all knew Algeria was going to win that match but his agent wanted us to loose by big margin...may be 10-0 may be 15-0 . who knows?

**** A MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT CLAIMED TO BE TOLD BY NIGERIAN FA CHIEF THAT AMUNIKE IS NOT A GOOD COACH.
MP Juma nkamia a well renowned sport figure in Tanzania had a chitchat with a Nigerian FA chief in cairo and according to him the FA chief was suprised why Tanzania picked Amunike as a coach calling him a BROKER/MIDDLEMAN and insisted that the Tanzania football federation should have consulted him before hiring Amunike
****AMUNIKE LEFT TANZANIA AS VERY UNPOPULAR AMONG PLAYERS AND FANS,we will not miss him at all,we are still going after the FA bosses who hired him because his CV as a coach is bogus,more heads have to roll
Bye bye Amunike,bye felicia, do not come back.

just imagine...
Nigeria coaches and bribery....
keshi did same with Togo almost fought Adebayo because he got signed by Monaco and there was no cut for him...

reason why a Nigerian coach will barely be allowed to coach a European top club...
I have always said it... amunike is some one who loves money more than his coaching ambition...he is a good coach no doubt but corruption and bribery I fear for him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:31am On Jul 10, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Of course, we were danm lucky to beat Cameroon....lol. Any tactical sound coach like the South African coach can read Rohr so easily. The team has no rythm no telepathy just random movement of the ball till a chance is mistakenly created. Our progress does not correlate with our play.

I am just waiting for Rohr dismissal...you cant give what you dont have....end of road.

Imagine eating rice and Garri. That's how tepid Rohr's team is. No verve, no flow. Just cut and join. But it wasn't like this during the WCQ. I don't know what happened to him afterwards
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CLT123(m): 3:49am On Jul 10, 2019
Mujtahida:

Imagine eating rice and Garri. That's how tepid Rohr's team is. No verve, no flow. Just cut and join. But it wasn't like this during the WCQ. I don't know what happened to him afterwards
It's because the teams in our WCQ group didn't park the bus against us. Burundi, Guinea, Madagascar parked the bus, but Cameroon didn't. That's why we looked like the Nigeria of old in the Cameroon match.

We struggle when teams are ultra-defensive.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:54am On Jul 10, 2019
CLT123:
It's because the teams in our WCQ group didn't park the bus against us. Burundi, Guinea, Madagascar parked the bus, but Cameroon didn't. That's why we looked like the Nigeria of old in the Cameroon match.

We struggle when teams are ultra-defensive.
Because our coach is ultra conservative too. A good coach should have balance his team. Defense should not be sacrificed for offense and vice versa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 3:56am On Jul 10, 2019
I think Amunike's allegations are bogus and fed by negative bias against Nigerians rather than facts

If you read the writers allegations it was merely hearsay but since he is Nigerian and failed he must have cheated

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:08am On Jul 10, 2019
Humility017:

just imagine...
keshi did same with Togo almost fought Adebayo because he got signed by Monaco and there was no cut for him...

reason why a Nigerian coach will barely be allowed to coach a European top club...
I have always said it... amunike is some one who loves money more than his coaching ambition...he is a good coach no doubt but corruption and bribery I fear for him.
Someone just alleged something and willy nilly you just believed him. I find it amazing that people do this all the time.

Did you care to find out if the allegations are true?

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:42am On Jul 10, 2019
Danielnino00:
This Tanzanian (that's if he really is who he claims to be) is obviously not happy with Amuneke...

https://www.nairaland.com/5289667/match-fixing-scandal-sorrounding-amunike
most of them are not, they are on twitter saying that they want him out. However, that write up looks suspicious, I no believe am

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:20am On Jul 10, 2019
edi287:
Make Super Eagles no fall my hand tomorrow. I need a convincing win to celebrate my birthday and shut some of my Mzansi friends up.

I haven't been this apprehensive over a game in ages!!

Happy birthday and May God bless you immensely in your coming years.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 6:43am On Jul 10, 2019
edi287:
Make Super Eagles no fall my hand tomorrow. I need a convincing win to celebrate my birthday and shut some of my Mzansi friends up.

I haven't been this apprehensive over a game in ages!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, edi287. You deserve a happy day.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 6:45am On Jul 10, 2019
charlesemeka85:

allegations against amuneke in tanzania

Hi Guys,let me declare interest on this issue,Iam a Tanzanian and I want to clarify few issues on your bogus fellow countryman called Amunike.
It is true that we are not a powerful nation when it comes to soccer but we have decent players and It is true that the last time we made it to AFCOn was 39 years ago
On paper it looks as if Amunike is the messiah who helped Tanzania to qualify after 39 years(we all know Uganda did us a favor and allowed us to clobber them 3-0)
We noticed Amunike's flaws when we played Lesotho,his team selection was mediocre,he left out good players claiming they are Insubordinate,he hates players from the two big and popular clubs (Simba and Yanga)he ended up picking half baked players,we lost 1-0 to lesotho and had to wait until the last match for Ugandans who were already qualified to let us put three goals in the back of their nets.
Fast foward to June in cairo, Amunike was on it again .We were leading kenya 2-1 at half time and how he spent the 10 minutes in the dressing room is still puzzling the Tanzania's fans
**HE YELLED AT SENIOR PLAYERS calling them names claiming they play like women,one of them the center half Kelvin Yondan started crying the mood changed,we ended up loosing 3-2 to kenya,that was the only game we were atleast able to win because winning against senegal and Algeria was almost impossible but we lost because of the IGBO man EGO.
***HIS AGENT(an arab guy)was overheard and allegedly recorded before the game against Algeria that he wanted Tanzania to loose by a very big margin,we ended up loosing 3-0(PLEASE TELL ME IF THAT IS NOT MATCH FIXING)we all knew Algeria was going to win that match but his agent wanted us to loose by big margin...may be 10-0 may be 15-0 . who knows?

**** A MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT CLAIMED TO BE TOLD BY NIGERIAN FA CHIEF THAT AMUNIKE IS NOT A GOOD COACH.
MP Juma nkamia a well renowned sport figure in Tanzania had a chitchat with a Nigerian FA chief in cairo and according to him the FA chief was suprised why Tanzania picked Amunike as a coach calling him a BROKER/MIDDLEMAN and insisted that the Tanzania football federation should have consulted him before hiring Amunike
****AMUNIKE LEFT TANZANIA AS VERY UNPOPULAR AMONG PLAYERS AND FANS,we will not miss him at all,we are still going after the FA bosses who hired him because his CV as a coach is bogus,more heads have to roll
Bye bye Amunike,bye felicia, do not come back.
grin cheesy Dem for hire me as coach na, all your players will cry cheesy.

Bunch of white fowls

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 6:50am On Jul 10, 2019
Humility017:

just imagine...

where did you see bribery? Coaches will always stick to their choice of players and fans complain just the way it happens here also.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Drtega: 6:58am On Jul 10, 2019
I prefer balogun to omeruo ... Omeruo keep making school boy mistakes .. B like nepa light

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:01am On Jul 10, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Aguero, Suarez, Forlan, Tevez, I will take any day over the likes of Lukaku and Balotelli.

I like Pounded Yam you like Spaghetti, Quarell No deh.

Oyibo man lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:04am On Jul 10, 2019
Icon79:
h my goodness, I have NEVER seen a coach who bash his players the way Gernot Rohr denigrates his players. First it was Iheanacho and now it's Osihmen. Even if you have something against your player, do you have to broadcast it to the entire world? This man should have been fired immediately after the Argentina mach.

O pari

I would not describe that as player bashing.

We asked the question why they have not been selected and he described thier individual attributes and why those attributes don't add anything to the team.

He saying what everyone who has eyes can see.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:25am On Jul 10, 2019
Danielnino00:

Awazeim shouldn't dull himself o...He should follow Aina and Omeruo footstep and cut ties with Porto...He don't lack offers if he does...though I think he signed a new contract this year....

Speculation and concrete offers are not the same thing.

If a club really wants you they will pay the price to get you no matter what it is.

Awaziem had a whole season in the French league 1, if he was outstanding as some have said here. He would have had concrete offers not speculation in the media.

Why do you think he ended up in Turkey ☪ because he was too good for the French league.

Sometimes people here like to fantasise and not face reality.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:32am On Jul 10, 2019
charlesemeka85:
oga you lied, keshi gave iheanacho conditions to sign with his management team before will grant him a chance in the chan team.

martins was doing very well in laliga and continued with the same form when he moved to the mls but was only invited once in a game the team performed poorly.

odemwingie was in top form in 2013 but was snubbed by keshi citing indiscipline, same goes to taiye taiwo who was a mainstay in dynamo kiev that had haruna lukman and brown ideye.

what about the case of inform youngster imoh ezekiel?

do you know keshi almost dropped yobo and odemwingie from the 2014 worldcup list if not for the intervention of the then nff chairman?

why did an inform sone aluko who was hot in the colors of glasgow rangers in scotland prior to the 2013 afcon but wasn't given a chance?

at the time haruna lukman was a regular and aside mikel,onazi and i will say to an extend igiebor was the most inform nigerian midfielder in europe but was never given a chance by keshi.

what about john chibuike who was doing very well for norwagian giants rosenborg as of the time?

Most people don't want to hear the truth it's too BITTER for them to take in.

Small correction; lt was not the NFF chairman who intervened for Yobo it was actually Goodluck "J". With regards to Sone Aluko (who was in the EPL with Hull), a particular Bullish NFF assistant coach demanded that he change his agent and use his agent then go to Turkey ☪ of course Sone refused. The result frozen put of the SE.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:35am On Jul 10, 2019
forgiveness:

Keshi had more talented and experienced players than Rohr.

Agreed without reservation

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:47am On Jul 10, 2019
Earthquake2:

Did you watch the Cameroon game, Aina switched off and was bypassed for the goal

It is not new knowledge

From beginning to end.

And that's not true.

Omeruo had a routine long ball directly in his pathway the Cameroon striker was in front of him, he then mistimed his header and what was elementary defending became a big gaff. He got bullied and lost the ball.

Aina rightly so anticipated that it was a ball that Omeruo should deal with very comfortably. However he did not, and Aina had to backtrack and try and salvage the situation from Omeruo big gaff.

That's why he nearly conceded the penalty in his attempt to tackle the Cameroon forward player.

The diction you implied that Aina always that means continously looses concentration. And as a result Awaziem is much better than him.

Can you give several incidents because you have not given one yet. Or remain negatively biased and prejudiced as you have not substantiated your position just shown your shameless bigotry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:52am On Jul 10, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

If you spend more time being relaxed than trying to be offensive, you will gain from the argument. The question was, how can we cope with being offensive when our midfield gets over run in past games?

I said he should look up inverted full backs. I already pointed out that under Rohr, we have not grown tactically, so I do not expect an overnight pushing of the team.

I was just suggesting when we are on the offensive, a full back can tuck into the midfield to help increase the number in midfield and prevent us being overrun. So talking UNL, World Cup shows you are devoid of the argument.

Those teams you are talking about have capable midfielders, so the point I am raising is not respect to that. We are talking of how we can solve our leaking midfield if we want to attack.

Finito.
It only sounds offensive [to you] because you are tactically trying to deflect an actually honest question.

Now, how can we TRY a new tactic (that's not yet perfected even by Guardiola) for an issue that only became glaring in Afcon?
The context of the fellow you quoted was in the now, not then or future.

Meanwhile, how is it devoid of argument considering that am talking of the same coach & Belgium you brought up?
grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:53am On Jul 10, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Rohr team is star studded.....EOD.

Very simple comparison with unit of measurement being quality of league and clubs as well as level of experience of the players.

Compare the club's and league Keshi players played in including those excluded.

And then compare to Rohr current team and even those excluded if you like.

If you do that you will be forced to zip your mouth � in confirmatory silence.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:57am On Jul 10, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

That is to you. Speak for yourself, not everyone.

I used the diction to me, that means IMO.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:03am On Jul 10, 2019
edi287:

He had 4 goals and 3 assists in 15 games by 26 Dec 2012. Not bad for a RW, but not on super form.
Martins was indeed in good form prior to AFCON(6 goals in 13) but like I said he didn't fit into how he wanted to play.
Osaze also had personal issues with Keshi so it's sort of understandable he got dropped.
We still had Emenike, Uche, Ideye, Vic Moses and Musa to fill in at CF and WF roles.

Odemwigie was in super form. I saw him played then.

Keshi never wanted to invite some players. It was not about not being fit into how he wanted to play. Obafemi Martins was the best Nigerian striker in Europe prior to the AFCON.

Why take Uzeonyi who was poor through out the qualifiers when we had Odemwigie and Martins?

Odemwigie had problems with him because of his bias selection. It is not acceptable.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:04am On Jul 10, 2019
komekn:

If a club really wants you they will pay the price to get you no matter what it is.

Awaziem had a whole season in the French league 1, if he was outstanding as some have said here. He would have had concrete offers not speculation in the media.

Why do you think he ended up in Turkey ☪ because he was too good for the French league.

Oga..do ur findings well...Nantes wanted to sign him permanently after his loan deal expired...Porto were asking for too much... And they refused to let him leave on loan unless he signed a new contract which he did in January..

his case is just like.Lookman's
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:08am On Jul 10, 2019
forgiveness:

Odemwigie was on super form. I saw him played then.

Keshi never wanted to invite some players. It was not about not being fit into how he wanted to play. Obafemi Martins was the best Nigerian striker in Europe prior to the AFCON.

Why take Uzeonyi who was poor through out the qualifiers when we have Odemwigie and Martins?

Odemwigie had problems with him because of his biase selection. It is not acceptable.

Lol .which qualifier?
Uzoenyi made the team on the back of his impressive performance for the CHAN team in 2014 as a replacement for Echijele

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:12am On Jul 10, 2019
Danielnino00:

Lol .which qualifier?
Uzoenyi made the team on the back of his impressive performance for the CHAN team in 2014 as a replacement for Echijele

So, 2013 preceded 2014? I am talking about AFCON. Uzeonyi was poor.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:21am On Jul 10, 2019
Danielnino00:

Oga..do ur findings well...Nantes wanted to sign him permanently after his loan deal expired...Porto were asking for too much... And they refused to let him leave on loan unless he signed a new contract which he did in January..

his case is just like.Lookman's

I know Porto well and a lot of the top clubs in Portugal all these clubs have a business model and it includes selling players once they can get a good price.

Ademola Lookman is a player that Everton still want otherwise they would have accepted the CONCRETE OFFICIAL OFFER of £28 million. In addition there were multiple offers from a duplicity if clubs for Ademola.

Nantes is not a big club in the context of Financial muscle, they offered what they thought he was worth £3.5 million if I'm right. Who else wanted him❓ The price offered tells you his rating by the club after a season in the French league one. That should tell you something as well.

You cannot get a top RB on the English Championship for that money.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:26am On Jul 10, 2019
Odunayaw:
It only sounds offensive [to you] because you are tactically trying to deflect an actually honest question.

Now, how can we TRY a new tactic (that's not yet perfected even by Guardiola) for an issue that only became glaring in Afcon?
The context of the fellow you quoted was in the now, not then or future.

Meanwhile, how is it devoid of argument considering that am talking of the same coach & Belgium you brought up?
grin

It is because you look at it as nuclear physics. Simply, instead of Awaziem bombing forward to support the attack, when we are with ball, he joins the midfield to prevent us being overrun when we lose the ball.

I wonder where you are getting in the now. I have always talked of my preferred way we should play and wanted us to use the Madagascar game to give our more explosive forwards a chance to show what we can do.

I do not expect Rohr to go gung-ho today and do what he is not used to. He still has a tournament to manage and the hopes of millions of Nigerians based on his decision.

I am pointing out that the reason we are held back from being electric in our play is due to our Conservative play. Also, I do not want Osimhen playing without Chukwueze and Onyekuru flanking. The pressure from them will keep the opponents back. One of the full backs (Awaziem) inverting when we have the ball.

I wonder what your problem is.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:30am On Jul 10, 2019
komekn:

I used the diction to me, that means IMO.

Next time, say I feel, not Ighalo is.

Finito.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:34am On Jul 10, 2019
komekn:

U mean the kinda speculations that have made Iorfa and Onyedinma rot in the abyss of the championship and league 1 grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:01am On Jul 10, 2019
Danielnino00:

Lol .which qualifier?

For me Uwa was our best player going into that world cup. Sad that he never regained his form.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6526) (6527) (6528) (6529) (6530) (6531) (6532) ... (16196) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ChrisKels and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.