Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,154 members, 7,864,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:21 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6531) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11950442 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6528) (6529) (6530) (6531) (6532) (6533) (6534) ... (16364) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:33am On Jul 10, 2019
komekn:

Na wah 4 u sef.

Which football school u go?

A top championship full back, implied in the descriptiive terms means tested and proven.

Most expensive full back in the Championship is Ryan Ssegnon, a bid for £30 million rejected by Fulham from Liverpool 2018.

Is Mahrez a full back for goodness sake Haba.

Was he tried, tested and proven in the EPL before he came to Leicester, even lowly Kilmarnock rejected him In Scotland.

In comparison Awaziem was tried, tested and proven in the French league one over a whole season and found to be worth what ❓ Doesn't that tell you something about his supposed OUTSTANDING QUALITY .

But you will with blinded biased sentiment argue something that is not underpinned with the facts on the ground.

But then you are a true fan, fanatical to the core but devoid of rationality.

This is borderline criminal on your part. How does Kieran Trippier all of a sudden turn into Mahrez? angry Oh (lightbulb) I know exactly why because that name alone destroys the whole of your bloody claim grin Kieran Trippier 2X back to back championship PFA team of the year was sold to a top premier league club for guess how much? £3.5 million, the same amount you just said no top championship fullback could go for. Do I smell contradiction? grin But I am the guy who knows nothing about football undecided

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:35am On Jul 10, 2019
komekn:

Our best formation of things go to plan for me is the 3-5-2

The three man defence of Omeruo - Balogun - Ekong

Two wing backs of Simon and Aina

Midfield trio of Etebo Ndidi and Mikel furthest forward.

From three of Chukwueze - Ighalo - Musa

Chukwueze will have to quickly learn team formation discipline, team play and END PRODUCT to support your other forward players.

Etebo and Ndidi have diesel engines they can run and cover ground all day to support the much slower Mikel who has to bring his A game as the Odogu.

Wing backs should attack when possible but keep thier shape and not be drawn in by the intricate midfield play of SA.

Ighalo is our Drogba, Musa and Chukwueze better learn how to cross with accuracy.

My prediction 3-1 to the SE.

However if things get tricky we can take off Mikel bring on Onuachu to combine with Ighalo and let's go dogs of war police game and get physical in a 4-4-2 formation.

May not be pretty but l don't mind winning UGLY.

I can stick my nose that you rarely watch super eagles matches you only watch few ones or come here to berate the players and promote some of your borough players....

because had it been you watched the last march...probably you would have know and see chuks team play and the 3 goal scoring chances he created

he has become selfless and
more of a team player

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:37am On Jul 10, 2019
lexyman:

expecially in the Tap in ... that IGHALO AND Musa Missed ... Iheanacho will definitely score in such situation . BUT i think the snub will help hi to develop and improve to a better player this season

I tell you...and he can shot precisely outside the 18 yard box....
he would have perfectly fit the AM/SS role Iwobi plays...coming in as sub sometimes...

then Mikel can deputise etebo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 11:40am On Jul 10, 2019
I rewatched the Nigerian - Cameroon match

Ekong was horrible in that match

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 11:41am On Jul 10, 2019
There is a lot familiarity between the present Nigerian side and SA. Both teams are basically counter attacking teams. There is a potential for the match to be like some chess game between Rohr and Baxter. Not expecting a high scoring match...The team that draws first blood has the advantage.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 11:42am On Jul 10, 2019
Humility017:

he is still smiling....
just hope he learnt something from the afcon snub...
because this team greatly missed his service...all because he refused to sit up and help himself.

I'm indifferent about him at the moment

After Afcon we have two new strikers in Odey and Okereke coming into the team, if he wants let him not work hard
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 11:53am On Jul 10, 2019
lexyman:

expecially in the Tap in ... that IGHALO AND Musa Missed ... Iheanacho will definitely score in such situation . BUT i think the snub will help hi to develop and improve to a better player this season

What a better tap in than the one missed against South Africa?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:56am On Jul 10, 2019
Humility017:

he is still smiling....
because this team greatly missed his service...all because he refused to sit up and help himself.

Speak for ursef bro grin grin,we no miss nacho for dis afcon at all grin

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 10, 2019
Earthquake2:
Iheanacho is back at Leicester training ground
aforbear..come and see ur nightmare cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:11pm On Jul 10, 2019
This boy u are such an unstable fellow and u have no shred of shame in u, below u boldly claimed no offer came his way after his exploits in the ligue1

komekn:

Speculation and concrete offers are not the same thing.

If a club really wants you they will pay the price to get you.

Awaziem had a whole season in the French league 1, if he was outstanding as some have said here. He would have had concrete offers not speculation in the media.

...but when u got bursted bkus Nantes actually put in a bid, u being ur usual chameleon self shifted the goal post to rating and no longer a bid

komekn:

Nantes is not a big club in the context of Financial muscle, they offered what they thought he was worth £3.5 million if I'm right. Who else wanted him❓ The price offered tells you his rating by the club after a season in the French league one. That should tell you something as well.

At the first and second bolded, did u see how incoherent u sounded bkus u already grasping at straws?

U said Nantes was a small club Financially, hence I deduced that was why they couldn't meet up with Porto's asking price. In other words, if Nantes was buoyant enough they would have gone all out to get their boy. In conclusion, Nantes put in what they had not what Awaziem was worth(rate). Period

Stop rigmarolling

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:12pm On Jul 10, 2019
elyte89:

Gbam
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:13pm On Jul 10, 2019
Earthquake2:

He was very anonymous
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:16pm On Jul 10, 2019
Jarus:
My biggest fear going into the game vs SA is our error-prone defence and goal keeper.

I think Ndidi and Etebo need to up their game and provide solid cover for the defence. I think Ndidi should permanently sit deep and not go forward.

Something tells me Musa will be our joker today. He has shown it before. I believe he can rise to the occasion again today.

I think Nigeria thrives better in games like this.

Chai, how time flies.

Back then, SA was like moi moi to us. There was no apprehension whenever we wanted to face them. Now, the reverse is the case.

Our football has regressed while theirs have improved sad

However, I'm banking on the boys to get the job done today

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:18pm On Jul 10, 2019
komekn:

Our best formation of things go to plan for me is the 3-5-2

The three man defence of Omeruo - Balogun - Ekong

Two wing backs of Simon and Aina

Midfield trio of Etebo Ndidi and Mikel furthest forward.

From three of Chukwueze - Ighalo - Musa

Chukwueze will have to quickly learn team formation discipline, team play and END PRODUCT to support your other forward players.

Etebo and Ndidi have diesel engines they can run and cover ground all day to support the much slower Mikel who has to bring his A game as the Odogu.

Wing backs should attack when possible but keep thier shape and not be drawn in by the intricate midfield play of SA.

Ighalo is our Drogba, Musa and Chukwueze better learn how to cross with accuracy.

My prediction 3-1 to the SE.

However if things get tricky we can take off Mikel bring on Onuachu to combine with Ighalo and let's go dogs of war police game and get physical in a 4-4-2 formation.

May not be pretty but l don't mind winning UGLY.

Why are some of you bent on starting Mikel.

Someone who just came back from injury and may not be fully fit. Someone who has shown how much he has regressed. Why na

We didn't really miss him in our last game. Pet him come of the bench for now please

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 12:19pm On Jul 10, 2019
I think there's a more diplomatic way of answering that question without highlighting the shortcomings of your players, even if they are "obvious". A real coach promotes his players not bringing them down. How many scouts would put Osihmen at the top of their recruiting list after reading what his national team coach had said about him?

I was appalled about what Rohr said about Iheanacho. Again, I repeat, even if your player isn't doing something right broadcasting it in the media isn't the way to go … deal with the issue directly with the player in private. Ever heard the saying "praise publicly and criticize privately"?
It was left for Brendan Rogers to defend Kelechi from his own national team coach.

In fact, I have already made up my mind about Gernot Rohr … win or lose the AFCON, Gernot Rohr must go!

O pari

komekn:

I would not describe that as player bashing.

We asked the question why they have not been selected and he described thier individual attributes and why those attributes don't add anything to the team.

He saying what everyone who has eyes can see.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:20pm On Jul 10, 2019
Humility017:

he is still smiling....

He won't frown before now

Life foes on. Its left for him to work hard this season or see his career nosedive further
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:22pm On Jul 10, 2019
Earthquake2:
I think Amunike's allegations are bogus and fed by negative bias against Nigerians rather than facts

If you read the writers allegations it was merely hearsay but since he is Nigerian and failed he must have cheated

That's why I said there is need for investigations

If their FA fired him based on allegations alone, then it means they just needed a scapegoat to blame for their early exit
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:24pm On Jul 10, 2019
komekn:

From beginning to end.

And that's not true.

Omeruo had a routine long ball directly in his pathway the Cameroon striker was in front of him, he then mistimed his header and what was elementary defending became a big gaff. He got bullied and lost the ball.

Aina rightly so anticipated that it was a ball that Omeruo should deal with very comfortably. However he did not, and Aina had to backtrack and try and salvage the situation from Omeruo big gaff.

That's why he nearly conceded the penalty in his attempt to tackle the Cameroon forward player.

The diction you implied that Aina always that means continously looses concentration. And as a result Awaziem is much better than him.

Can you give several incidents because you have not given one yet. Or remain negatively biased and prejudiced as you have not substantiated your position just shown your shameless bigotry.

Yore right.

While people blame aina for that goal, I blame Omeruo for not winning that Ariel battle. Truth is, I've seen Omeruo win tougher battles than that.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:24pm On Jul 10, 2019
elyte89:

grin I know say you go show face, miss ko Mrs ni
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 12:24pm On Jul 10, 2019
Nah, if Rohr knows what he's doing, Mikel should play Ndidi's role, as holding midfielder, and Ndidi moved up to Etebo's position (as a box to box midfielder). And Etebo should take over the AM position from Iwobi (and Iwobi should deputize him). Alex Iwobi is good but he's inconsistent and tends to get tired after 60-70 mins, so make him a super sub.

O pari

Humility017:

I tell you...and he can shot precisely outside the 18 yard box....
he would have perfectly fit the AM/SS role Iwobi plays...coming in as sub sometimes...

then Mikel can deputise etebo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by phamarsenal: 12:27pm On Jul 10, 2019
Earthquake2:

I won't say horrible rather below average, he couldn't win his aerial balls against a shorter striker. And weneva he got d ball he would jst laugh an aimless highball, thereby putting us under more pressure... I don't knw wat he has bn learning in Italy tbh... I jst hope he puts up a better showing against southafrica tricky and pact attackers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:27pm On Jul 10, 2019
I predict a 2:0 win to Nigeria

We score a goal in both halves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 12:36pm On Jul 10, 2019
So you just swallowed everything a faceless person on the internet wrote? And that's enough for you to start denigrating Nigerian coaches for bribery? Did you even ask for any evidence of all the crap written there before insulting Amuneke?

I am not even mad at you self. I just feel sorry for you because self loathe, they say, is the worst form of loathe angry sad shocked

O pari

Humility017:

just imagine...
Nigeria coaches and bribery....
keshi did same with Togo almost fought Adebayo because he got signed by Monaco and there was no cut for him...

reason why a Nigerian coach will barely be allowed to coach a European top club...
I have always said it... amunike is some one who loves money more than his coaching ambition...he is a good coach no doubt but corruption and bribery I fear for him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 12:40pm On Jul 10, 2019
phamarsenal:

I won't say horrible rather below average, he couldn't win his aerial balls against a shorter striker. And weneva he got d ball he would jst laugh an aimless highball, thereby putting us under more pressure... I don't knw wat he has bn learning in Italy tbh... I jst hope he puts up a better showing against southafrica tricky and pact attackers

He had so many suspicious touches, Omeruo bailed him out fulltime

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 12:42pm On Jul 10, 2019
darkelf:

Yore right.

While people blame aina for that goal, I blame Omeruo for not winning that Ariel battle. Truth is, I've seen Omeruo win tougher battles than that.

Aina was at midfield when the ball was won off Omeruo, if he was at left fullback position he would have had time to clear the ball

He forgot he was playing FB not LWB
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:42pm On Jul 10, 2019
Earthquake2:
Iheanacho is back at Leicester training ground

Kole Toure really nice guy now assisting Brendan.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:44pm On Jul 10, 2019
Ndidi and Etebo should replicate their form against Guinnea today. They should do on Zungu, the same job they did on Keita, then the match is as good as won. To me, Zungu is the main threat, he feeds the likes of Tau, and when he is stifled, Tau becomes useless. Mothiba isn’t a striker, he always has his back against the post, the first thing that comes to his mind whenever he is wt the ball is to make a back pass to either Tau or lurch, So Ndidi should be up for it, to intercept those passes, and our CBs should always keep it tight to force him to make those BPs

I will start Ighalo in this match to deal with Mkizhe and Hlatshuayo. With Chukwueze, we have a very good chance of winning penalties from Mkizhe grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:46pm On Jul 10, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

By miles. We need to treat him as importantly as we did Naby Keita. If he gets those passes flowing that will unlock guys like Tau, Lurch and Zwanne.

Hmm I see
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:48pm On Jul 10, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

By miles. We need to treat him as importantly as we did Naby Keita. If he gets those passes flowing that will unlock guys like Tau, Lurch and Zwanne.

Furman isn't a pass master, he is a destroyer, he intercepts and tackles for Zungu to spread the passes. Before Zungu came aboard the ship, Furman was doing the job(breaking up plays) for Andile Jali.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:53pm On Jul 10, 2019
darkelf:

Why are some of you bent on starting Mikel.

Someone who just came back from injury and may not be fully fit. Someone who has shown how much he has regressed. Why na

We didn't really miss him in our last game. Pet him come of the bench for now please

It's not that l think that Mikel is greatest but Iwobi doesn't inspire enough confidence.

If Mikel can turn back the clock and play at 80% of his known abilities, l will prefer him to Iwobi. Then when Mikel is exhausted we bring in Iwobi if things go to plan.

It's making best use of what we have.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:00pm On Jul 10, 2019
komekn:

It's not that l think that Mikel is greatest but Iwobi doesn't inspire enough confidence.

If Mikel can turn back the clock and play at 80% of his known abilities, l will prefer him to Iwobi. Then when Mikel is exhausted we bring in Iwobi if things go to plan.

It's making best use of what we have.

There is no guarantee that he would magically do that in today's game. It will be a huge gamble

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 1:04pm On Jul 10, 2019
AIG07:
We really have a full house this summer...

Caprikon, Mujtahida, lexy, mikron,Ayodeji,Daninya,Soetanoreoluwa,TheSuperNerd, Loogan. Good to see you guys drop comments...

Together we shall soar high. Kind nervous though, just hope our boys come to the party today.

SA has very low scoring and very short on target. We have alot of edge against them. Just need to set back and utilize most of our chances.

Watch out for MUSA!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6528) (6529) (6530) (6531) (6532) (6533) (6534) ... (16364) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Sugarboyy(m), Promise47(m), Philosopher1979, Goke7, KanielOutis92 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.