Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6640) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11791538 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6637) (6638) (6639) (6640) (6641) (6642) (6643) ... (16196) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Drtega: 8:04am On Jul 17, 2019
Mikel got injured during training

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 8:07am On Jul 17, 2019
Mickael2:

He isn't a better passer than all these players except maybe Onazi and that is because his style of play doesn't require that

Ok maybe you don't watch Balogun or you don't know these players I mentioned

And for your information Onazi is the most decent passer among the carpenter crew
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:24am On Jul 17, 2019
Daninya111:

Is this a joke?.
We have Alloy Agu to blame.

Can you imagine a team experimenting in a tournament.
it won't be bad to let him taste some action na. After all he will get paid. Who knows he might have saved that mahrez's free kick

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:26am On Jul 17, 2019
darkelf:

Afelokhai should be given a look in
Any other GKs in mind
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:28am On Jul 17, 2019
darkelf:

I get you.

And I am saying that Alampasu, Ezenwa, Uzoho and Akpeyi don't deserve to be in the SE. They don't deserve to be invited.
You are right...but since we don't have any reliable GK ..it won't be bad to invite him to come and try his luck. BTW,if he performs excellently, it might revive his football career at club level. just saying
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:30am On Jul 17, 2019
I really wish,hope and pray that the JERSEY JINX AND SUPERSTITION be broken today. Naija are not joking with the matter. I heard somebody even burnt his own because he thought it might bring bad luck to his business. .lolz.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 8:32am On Jul 17, 2019
Daninya111:

Is this a joke?.
We have Alloy Agu to blame.

Can you imagine a team experimenting in a tournament.

Joke as in.... Baba Uzoho is better than Akpeyi by far

He should be starting instead of Akpeyi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 8:35am On Jul 17, 2019
komekn:

You completely have no idea what you are talking about.

Some of these boys are more Nigerian than you.
Let's not insult our sensibilities, Why are they not jumping at the chance to represent Nigeria, if they are more Nigerian than everyone? Doing zanku steps at African themed parties doesn't make you Nigerian.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 17, 2019
realpoacher:

Joke as in.... Baba Uzoho is better than Akpeyi by far

He should be starting instead of Akpeyi.

Lols, baba Uzoho.
They told us he has lost form and is now G. K no 3.in a match where we need to salvage something he will be in goal.
Is G. K no 2 not good enough also?.

Later in the day we go know wassup

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 17, 2019
mostob:
it won't be bad to let him taste some action na. After all he will get paid. Who knows he might have saved that mahrez's free kick

What if he concedes a cheap goal today and ruin our chances of getting bronze today?, like picking up the ball across the line? Lols.

As for that mahrez free kick I have watched the game over and over again. Akpeyi has a godfather no doubt.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:54am On Jul 17, 2019
Daninya111:

What if he concedes a cheap goal today and ruin our chances of getting bronze today?, like picking up the ball across the line? Lols.

As for that mahrez free kick I have watched the game over and over again. Akpeyi has a godfather no doubt.
nothing to lose bro. Make Uzoho play small. Akpeyi really bleeped up with that free kick

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 17, 2019
mostob:
nothing to lose bro. Make Uzoho play small. Akpeyi really bleeped up with that free kick

The first day my younger sister saw Akpeyi in goal against Algeria in Uyo. She shouted saying,"shaking methodology". She went further to say he exude 0 confidence and will bleep us up big time one day.she laughed when he conceded that bullet shot saying dude couldn't even lift himself.

It has happened. I just hope Coach Rohr retires today and make him crew follow am. As for Alloy Agu, posterity will judge him.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 9:09am On Jul 17, 2019
Chai,Nigerias no go kill me sha,someone just called Gernot Roh "groundnut oil" 4 my syd just now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:09am On Jul 17, 2019
Seems d third place match is today from comments here....am no longer following dis competition keenly besides d last time I watched eagles losers final game in afcon was in Senegal 2002,against Mali(1-0,yak scored d only goal) cool

I don tire to dey watch eagles third place match, dem use bronze swear for us grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:10am On Jul 17, 2019
Earthquake2:

Ok maybe you don't watch Balogun or you don't know these players I mentioned

And for your information Onazi is the most decent passer among the carpenter crew

How will I watch Balogun when he is effectively either warming the bench or not even in the match day squad, then the game against Chelsea his pass led directly to a goal. I am not judging him based on that but saying he is a better passer than Ogu or Mikel Agu is false. I repeat the two of them are better passers than Onazi that I know, not necessarily better midfielders, far from that

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:24am On Jul 17, 2019
I know this is hindsight but Mahrez would not have beaten Uzoho in goal for that freekick. Akpeyi is just too poor in organizing a wall and positioning himself.

I recall even the great Messi couldn't beat Uzoho from similar close range, edge-of-the-box-kinda fk at Russia 2018. Uzoho tipped it to the post. Sigurdsson too could not beat him.
Even with that said, Uzoho is also average (on the better side of average if you ask me compared to Akpeyi) and needs to improve. He is still 20 and I trust he can. But Akpeyi is never going to get better. It is too late.

Drtega:
Uzoho to start .... Confirmed

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:26am On Jul 17, 2019
Truidstar:

Brilliant how? What has he done or achieved in the last 5 years? Does he have the mental strength to resist the temptation of inducement from so called player agents? No local coach for me.
Brilliant is totally different from character. I talked about Sylvanus Okpala's tactical acumen.

By the way, the highlight of Sylvanus Okpala's coaching career was him playing a big part in the tactical displays of the Super Eagles when we won the AFCON under Keshi.

When he was sacked by the NFF, Keshi fought tooth and nail to get Okpala back because Keshi understood Okpala's importance tactically.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:28am On Jul 17, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
I know this is hindsight but Mahrez would not have beaten Uzoho in goal for that freekick. Akpeyi is just too poor in organizing a wall and positioning himself.

I recall even the great Messi couldn't beat Uzoho from similar close range, edge-of-the-box-kinda fk at Russia 2018. Uzoho tipped it to the post. Sigurdsson too could not beat him.
Even with that said, Uzoho is also average (on the better side of average if you ask me compared to Akpeyi) and needs to improve. He is still 20 and I trust he can. But Akpeyi is never going to get better. It is too late.

Messi's FK wasn't at such inviting & dangerous position (especially for a left footer). In fact Messi was standing at the far right side of the box edge

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:31am On Jul 17, 2019
Barryseal:

Let's not insult our sensibilities, Why are they not jumping at the chance to represent Nigeria, if they are more Nigerian than everyone? Doing zanku steps at African themed parties doesn't make you Nigerian.

When you say jump, where should they jump too.

You don't invite yourself you must be invited, albeit they are of Nigerian origin. They believe in due process.

Last wee I had a conversation with one of our midfielders and he simply said to me that he has not been contacted nobody has made any official approach to him.

There are others who give me the same story.

You don't invite players on the pages of newspapers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:32am On Jul 17, 2019
It didn't matter because Messi has scored multiple times from such position. His left foot is not like any other my good man. Messi scored from similar position with his left foot against USA at the 2016 Copa America. That guy is dangerous on the right and the left. You know this. Messi taking a FK is unlike any other taking one except CR7 who is in same league.

Odunayaw:
Messi's FK wasn't at such inviting & dangerous position (especially for a left footer). In fact Messi was standing at the far right side of the box edge

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:33am On Jul 17, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Brilliant is totally different from character. I talked about Sylvanus Okpala's tactical acumen.

By the way, the highlight of Sylvanus Okpala's coaching career was him playing a big part in the tactical displays of the Super Eagles when we won the AFCON under Keshi.

When he was sacked by the NFF, Keshi fought tooth and nail to get Okpala back because Keshi understood Okpala's importance tactically.
he wasn't really "brilliant" when he coached Rangers Int'l
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:35am On Jul 17, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
It didn't matter because Messi has scored multiple times from such position. His left foot is not like any other my good man. Messi scored from similar position with his left foot against USA at the 2016 Copa America. That guy is dangerous on the right and the left. You know this. Messi taking a FK is unlike any other taking one except CR7 who is in same league.

Well, true. But you'd agree that you'd plank Uzoho more than Akpeyi if such a FK from a less dangerous area went in
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:38am On Jul 17, 2019
Taliban:
Few more hours to the greatest losers final game. Carthage Eagles vs Super Eagles. Which of the Eagles will get de-winged? All roads leas to thensure epic encounter. Tunisia are not taking the game lightly and may stop at nothing to ensure they defeat Nigeria and win the coveted beautiful bronze medal.

Any feelers from our camp or insight into tomorrow's lineup. Will Osihmen show the coach what he has missed, would Ogu produce another own goal assist?

Waiting earnestly for the game tomorrow so Nigerians could be proud of their team again.

The backpass was entirely the fault of Balogun, not Ogu to be frank because Balogun asked for it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:51am On Jul 17, 2019
Odunayaw:

At the 2014 WC in Brazil, our greatest of all time messed up something worse than Uzoho's from same Messi. Uzoho has never been beaten with a freekick before in the green and white gear
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:04am On Jul 17, 2019
elyte89:
Seems d third place match is today from comments here....am no longer following dis competition keenly besides d last time I watched eagles losers final game in afcon was in Senegal 2002,against Mali(1-0,yak scored d only goal) cool

I don tire to dey watch eagles third place match, dem use bronze swear for us grin grin

Lol you don tire to watch 3rd place match ,I no say eagles Na the team wey don play 3rd place pass for afcon history and even win am

But you no tire for 3rd place when we miss last afcon o and the last time we played at the afcon we win am ,so why 3rd place dey tire you now ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:06am On Jul 17, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

So because the great Messi didn't beat uzoho to such goal means he will save that mahrez goal?

I know akpeyi is our worst goal keeper but sorry e go still score uzoho that goal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:07am On Jul 17, 2019
Odunayaw:

Help me tell am
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:09am On Jul 17, 2019
ChrisKels:

At the 2014 WC in Brazil, our greatest of all time messed up something worse than Uzoho's from same Messi. Uzoho has never been beaten by a freekick before in the green and white gear

One day na one day wey dem go beat am with free kick ,he is better than akpeyi sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:12am On Jul 17, 2019
Daninya111:

The first day my younger sister saw Akpeyi in goal against Algeria in Uyo. She shouted saying,"shaking methodology". She went further to say he exude 0 confidence and will bleep us up big time one day.she laughed when he conceded that bullet shot saying dude couldn't even lift himself.

It has happened. I just hope Coach Rohr retires today and make him crew follow am. As for Alloy Agu, posterity will judge him.
Lolz the guy no dey calm down.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:23am On Jul 17, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

From a position further away from the position he couldn't beat Uzoho, he sodomised Enyeama in 2014 grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:40am On Jul 17, 2019
ChrisKels:

At the 2014 WC in Brazil, our greatest of all time messed up something worse than Uzoho's from same Messi. Uzoho has never been beaten by a freekick before in the green and white gear
Worse? Refresh your memory by Youtube.The FK in 2014 was very similar in position to Mahrez's FK.

Anyway "has never" doesn't translate to "can never" or "will never" . I'd put my money on Uzoho stopping that FK Akpeyi conceded tho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:42am On Jul 17, 2019
Odunayaw:
he wasn't really "brilliant" when he coached Rangers Int'l

Sylvanus might have had a poor run at Rangers, but it does not mean he is not a brilliant manager. By the way, he is not my pick.

My pick remains Amunike.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6637) (6638) (6639) (6640) (6641) (6642) (6643) ... (16196) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2innocent(m), Christology(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.