Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,182 members, 7,864,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:28 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6641) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11950734 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6638) (6639) (6640) (6641) (6642) (6643) (6644) ... (16364) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 10:43am On Jul 17, 2019
komekn:

When you say jump, where should they jump too.

You don't invite yourself you must be invited, albeit they are of Nigerian origin. They believe in due process.

Last wee I had a conversation with one of our midfielders and he simply said to me that he has not been contacted nobody has made any official approach to him.

There are others who give me the same story.

You don't invite players on the pages of newspapers.

What are you saying? Lookman have turned Nigeria down, Jordan Ibe, Nnedum Onuoha, Agbonlahor, Chucks Aneke, Tammy Abraham, Shola Ameobi (when he was good), Charlton Cole, Ugo Ehiogu, Chuba Akpom ( when he was a top prospect), I can name more.

Bros true Nigerians don't wait for a special invitation to represent Nigeria. You don't wait for red carpet IVs. Read the story about Nduka Ugbade and even Isaac Success. These guys used to sneak into the camp of the U17s uninvited, repeatedly they were asked to go home but they refused until they were given a chance.

How on earth can you compare these guys to the example I cited. I feel insulted reading these fBs are more Nigerian than the average street kid in Lagos. Just because they can say a few lines in pigin and dance azonto very well at parties.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:44am On Jul 17, 2019
Odunayaw:
Worse? Refresh your memory by Youtube.The FK in 2014 was very similar in position to Mahrez's FK.

Anyway "has never" doesn't translate to "can never" or "will never" . I'd put my money on Uzoho stopping that FK Akpeyi conceded tho

2010 against Korea was the exact same thing from a different side.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:47am On Jul 17, 2019
Barryseal:

What are you saying? Lookman have turned Nigeria down, Jordan Ibe, Nnedum Onuoha, Agbonlahor, Chucks Aneke, Tammy Abraham, Shola Ameobi (when he was good), Charlton Cole, Ugo Ehiogu, Chuba Akpom ( when he was a top prospect), I can name more.

Bros true Nigerians don't wait for a special invitation to represent Nigeria. You don't wait for red carpet IVs. Read the story about Nduka Ugbade and even Isaac Success. These guys used to sneak into the camp of the U17s uninvited, repeatedly they were asked to go home but they refused until they were given a chance.

How on earth can you compare these guys to the example I cited. I feel insulted reading these fBs are more Nigerian than the average street kid in Lagos. Just because they can say a few lines in pigin and dance azonto very well at parties.

U get time grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:50am On Jul 17, 2019
Odunayaw:
Worse? Refresh your memory by Youtube.The FK in 2014 was very similar in position to Mahrez's FK.

Anyway "has never" doesn't translate to "can never" or "will never". I'd put my money on Uzoho stopping that FK Akpeyi conceded tho

Bia Ayo u dun come again? I no get strength to dribble abeg.

Wetin be time for our match today?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:53am On Jul 17, 2019
Mehn Enyeama's own was worse oh. I think Yakubu's miss kind of excused him though. Plus he is Vincent freaking Enyeama and his quality was never in doubt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8yoblanjis
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:55am On Jul 17, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

2010 against Korea was the exact same thing from a different side.
It was terrible to see. However it was from a right foot, imagine how more terrible it would have looked if it came from a left footer at that angle
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:00am On Jul 17, 2019
ChrisKels:

Bia Ayo u dun come again? I no get strength to dribble abeg.

Wetin be time for our match today?
grin

8pm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:03am On Jul 17, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
Mehn Enyeama's own was worse oh. I think Yakubu's miss kind of excused him though. Plus he is Vincent freaking Enyeama and his quality was never in doubt.

Enyeama should have done better, but then we can give him a leeway because he's our all time great
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 11:04am On Jul 17, 2019
ChrisKels:

U get time grin
I lost a few brain cells reading that comment walahi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mybettingtips(m): 11:42am On Jul 17, 2019
See trolling grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:50am On Jul 17, 2019
grin grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Triniti(m): 11:58am On Jul 17, 2019
Mybettingtips:
See trolling grin grin grin
Lol......it’s their time to shine, they should savor the euphoria of the moment
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:07pm On Jul 17, 2019
elyte89:
grin grin

Both were wrong. The ball was not closer to the box for Enyeama and everyone knows that Messi could get it to dip over the wall so he should have been were Akpeyi was and Akpeyi should have been were he was.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:29pm On Jul 17, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Brilliant is totally different from character. I talked about Sylvanus Okpala's tactical acumen.

By the way, the highlight of Sylvanus Okpala's coaching career was him playing a big part in the tactical displays of the Super Eagles when we won the AFCON under Keshi.

When he was sacked by the NFF, Keshi fought tooth and nail to get Okpala back because Keshi understood Okpala's importance tactically.

How are you so sure that the reason Keshi fought for Okpala to be reinstated?

If the allegations made against Keshi were true, then Okpala may have been the best accomplice he had
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:32pm On Jul 17, 2019
realpoacher:

Joke as in.... Baba Uzoho is better than Akpeyi by far

He should be starting instead of Akpeyi.

If Rohr resigns today after the match, Alloy Agu should follow suit. Unless NFF claims not to know the mess he has made of our GK position, then he should just retire and remain anonymous till further notice. How can one man be such a mediocre at his job?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:34pm On Jul 17, 2019
mostob:
I really wish,hope and pray that the JERSEY JINX AND SUPERSTITION be broken today. Naija are not joking with the matter. I heard somebody even burnt his own because he thought it might bring bad luck to his business. .lolz.

You guys should stop peddling this Jersey superstition. Hana

If you're the better team, you win. Simple
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:36pm On Jul 17, 2019
DrLikita12:
Rohr said 'he is on the same page as his employers' on a Thisday article. I doubt if he's going anywhere because he was talking about 2022.
He also mentioned that players who have not played will get a chance.
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/07/17/rohr-keeps-nigerians-guessing-on-his-next-move/

Also, it looks like Niger Tornadoes will be playing on the continent regardless of the result of the game between them and Kano Pillars. So:
CAFCL: Pillars and Enyimba
CAFCC: Tornadoes and Rangers

If Alloy Agu knows what he is doing, he ought to be at this tournament to scout for good GKs. NFF should begin to ask him some tough and revealing questions?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 12:48pm On Jul 17, 2019
Famocious:
Good night everybody ...

Chai, see wetin these Algerian version of Ikorodu boys take us do grin

Oya rohr, na beg we dey beg you o, we say we no do again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 17, 2019
Hey guys..chill da fvck out..

Today is 3rd place playoff cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:52pm On Jul 17, 2019
Barryseal:

Average kids in Nigeria are looking for opportunities to butter their bread. It doesn't tantamount to being more or less a Nigerian.

Many of these kids are ready to give up citizenship of this country for another.

What do you say of Mikel and Obafemi who dey make us do yanga whenever they were invited for National duties?

They hardly honour invitations during the early stage of their career.

The point is most Nigerians will make decisions that will butter their bread before thinking of Nigeria.

Besides, I don't think Lookman and Chuks Aneke turned us down.

Can you show me where you got that from?

However, there are also good numbers of them that wants to play for Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:59pm On Jul 17, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Are you looking for ways to exonerate mediocre?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 1:07pm On Jul 17, 2019
forgiveness:

Average kids in Nigeria are looking for opportunities to butter their bread. It doesn't tantamount to being more or less a Nigerian.

Many of these kids are ready to give up citizenship of this country for another.

What do you say of Mikel and Obafemi who dey make us do yanga whenever they were invited for National duties?

They hardly honour invitations during the early stage of their career.

The point is most Nigerians will make decisions that will butter their bread before thinking of Nigeria.

Besides, I don't think Lookman and Chuks Aneke turned us down.

Can you show me where you got that from?

However, there are also good numbers of them that wants to play for Nigeria.
In a nutshell you're saying it is easier to getthe commitment of foreign born players (the top prospects) than the local street boys, because they are more patriotic?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:12pm On Jul 17, 2019
Barryseal:

In a nutshell you're saying it is easier to getthe commitment of foreign born players (the top prospects) than the local street boys, because they are more patriotic?

No! Most Nigerians are not patriotic. They are after their pockets.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:17pm On Jul 17, 2019
forgiveness:

Are you looking for ways to exonerate mediocre?

If you feel Akpeyi is mediocre it wasn't that goal that was the deciding factor so where are you seeing exoneration in this matter? Will saying Enyeama made this mistake make people overlook the countless times they felt like Akpeyi was shaky? Or the countless times Enyeama had saved us?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Gentlewarrior1(m): 1:21pm On Jul 17, 2019

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:26pm On Jul 17, 2019
Mahrez won't. Uzoho will position properly unlike the nonsense Akpeyi did. That ball is very savable. It was not even hit to the top corner. Very very savable chance for a decent Goalie who can position.

andrew444:

So because the great Messi didn't beat uzoho to such goal means he will save that mahrez goal?

I know akpeyi is our worst goal keeper but sorry e go still score uzoho that goal

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 1:26pm On Jul 17, 2019
forgiveness:

No! Most Nigerians are not patriotic. They are after their pockets.

Who is not after their pockets? If you were offered a job in the US army and Nigerian army, which would you go for with all your patriotism?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:27pm On Jul 17, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Mahrez won't. Uzoho will position properly unlike the nonsense Akpeyi did. That ball is very savable. It was not even hit to the top corner. Very very savable chance for a decent Goalie who can position.

Okay o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:27pm On Jul 17, 2019
darkelf:

How are you so sure that the reason Keshi fought for Okpala to be reinstated?

If the allegations made against Keshi were true, then Okpala may have been the best accomplice he had

Which allegation against Keshi? Okpala had issues with the NFF because he instigated a protest against the poor treatment of the players and coaching crew.

Keshi felt Okpala did no wrong and was fighting for his reinstatement. Okpala was a big part of Keshi's coaching crew and that was a major blow to Keshi's time at the helm of affairs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 17, 2019
No line up yet? Na was o? Is it only when the going is good that you people support the SE. Even almighty Argentina took their 3rd place final very serious that it became a combined wrestling and soccer game. Let us take this game serious now, haba. Oya send me formation, team list versions etc etc
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 17, 2019
Na WA o, Na only hand wey get honey people go follow u lick. Nobody dey this thread on a day we are playing a final. Whether losers or 3rd place final, Na still final now. grin grin
But on a serious note like the european version where there's no 3rd place, what's the point really?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dannzy30(m): 1:47pm On Jul 17, 2019
see this children o smileysee this children o

(1) (2) (3) ... (6638) (6639) (6640) (6641) (6642) (6643) (6644) ... (16364) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: DrYa and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.