Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,477 members, 7,861,377 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:07 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6642) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11932149 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6639) (6640) (6641) (6642) (6643) (6644) (6645) ... (16337) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:01pm On Jul 17, 2019
Barryseal:

Who is not after their pockets? If you were offered a job in the US army and Nigerian army, which would you go for with all your patriotism?

Nigerian army, of course.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 2:14pm On Jul 17, 2019
Algeria’s Mahrez feels Eagles will be difficult to beat in two years

Algeria danger man, Riyad Mahrez has called on the Nigeria Football Federation and other football stakeholders in Nigeria to give the Super Eagles more chance to enable them to work on their mistakes and
be a force to reckon with in the future.

It was Mahrez’s back-breaking goal in the 92nd minute that eliminated the Eagles at the semi-final stage of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations but the Manchester City left-footer hinted that they were up against a

tough Eagles side that will blossom in the next two years if they are allowed to remain together.
He relived what was going through his mind when he was given the opportunity to take the last gasp free-kick decision and that he was delighted he found the back of the net at such time in the game.

“In my mind, I was just thinking to score,” Mahrez told SportingLife. It was a very good free-kick for me as a left-footer. I think we deserve to win and we are very happy.

“Nigeria team is very good and very strong too. They will be better in the next two years or so if they are given more chance. They will be up there again.”

The Manchester City winger also stated that their tie with Senegal will be tough because they only managed to beat them by a lone goal during the group stage of the current AFCON.

“Senegal is also a tough team,” he continued.
“We played them at the group stage and we are expecting another tough game. We will recover from this and prepare for Friday game with Senegal.”

Algeria’s Mahrez feels Eagles will be difficult to beat in two years By Tunde Liadi In Cairo, Egypt on July 17, 2019
Algeria danger man, Riyad Mahrez has called on the Nigeria Football Federation and other football stakeholders in Nigeria to give the Super Eagles more chance to enable them to work on their mistakes and be a force to reckon with in the future. It was Mahrez’s back-breaking goal in the 92nd minute that eliminated the Eagles at the semi-final stage of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations but the Manchester City left-footer hinted that they were up against a tough Eagles side that will blossom in the next two years if they are allowed to remain together.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 2:16pm On Jul 17, 2019
Taliban:

I want the myth and job about jersey color to be broken and destroyed. I hate superstition.
Me too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 2:26pm On Jul 17, 2019
andrew444:

Bros you know better than this

If we win we win if we loose we loose, leave this naija people thing calling jersey bad luck
My fear is that this jersey brouhaha should not have jeopardized our players psychology as its prevailing controversy is fast gaining ground. Because that jersey is going to exist for almost 2 years from now. That's on the commencement of the next AFCON in 2021.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 2:27pm On Jul 17, 2019
forgiveness:

Good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:29pm On Jul 17, 2019
grin
darkelf:

You deserve to be caned bro grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 2:30pm On Jul 17, 2019
darkelf:

CM or AM. Our problem is creativity and the presence of a playmaker

I don't even bloody care what position that person plays as long as he can dictate the tempo of our games and create chances
I get your point bro. But the AM is the creative midfielder's primary position. And having a creative player in the midfield is the most important.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:33pm On Jul 17, 2019
MetalJigsaw:
My fear is that this jersey brouhaha should not have jeopardized our players psychology as its prevailing controversy is fast gaining ground. Because that jersey is going to exist for almost 2 years from now. That's on the commencement of the next AFCON in 2021.

Lol ok o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:33pm On Jul 17, 2019
grin
forgiveness:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:36pm On Jul 17, 2019
Thank you. I won't blame Akpeyi for that goal. But Akpeyi na on and off. He is not reliable.

BascoVanVeli:
Mehn Enyeama's own was worse oh. I think Yakubu's miss kind of excused him though. Plus he is Vincent freaking Enyeama and his quality was never in doubt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8yoblanjis
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 2:38pm On Jul 17, 2019
Lucas echa scores for Man city against West Ham

The match is currently been played.

It seems Pep rates this boy highly. It will behoove Rohr not to look his way.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 2:39pm On Jul 17, 2019
Triniti:
Lol......it’s their time to shine, they should savor the euphoria of the moment

Akpeyi was in the middle unlike what others have been saying. He also saw the ball.

For those expecting Akpeyi to have totally ignored the wall side, una see that of Enyeama?

Professionally speaking, Enyeama position na primary school own lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:43pm On Jul 17, 2019
Most people Nigerians or not are after their pockets. The difference is that some other countries have given their citizens reasons to believe they are special, whether true or not. They tell them these stories in their school system and show them bad but true images of other countries. My question are what do Nigerians see in other countries? What stories did our parents tell us, and even if they wanted to lie to us, will the reality on ground support their story?

forgiveness:

No! Most Nigerians are not patriotic. They are after their pockets.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:44pm On Jul 17, 2019
u talk true..
somehow:

Akpeyi was in the middle unlike what others have been saying. He also saw the ball.

For those expecting Akpeyi to have totally ignored the wall side, una see that of Enyeama?

Professionally speaking, Enyeama position na primary school own lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:51pm On Jul 17, 2019
Several Bundelsiga clubs are plotting a move for London-born Nigerian midfielder Josh Onomah in the summer transfer window, according to reports.

According to the Sun, Borussia Monchengladbach are among the clubs monitoring the situation of the England U20 World Cup-winning midfielder, while Mainz, Augsburg and Frankfurt have also been credited with an interest.

Onomah has not been named in Spurs squad for their 2019 International Champions Cup matches in Singapore and Shanghai, which suggests that he is not in the plans of manager Mauricio Pochettino for the new season.

Ahead of a possible transfer to a new club, the central midfielder has been training with Tottenham's U23 teams.

Though there are no clear favorites for his signature at this point in time, Borussia Monchengladbach did transfer business with Tottenham a year ago, signing 2019 Golden Boy nominee Keanan Bennetts from the capital club.

Since debuting for the first team of Tottenham, Onomah has played 32 games, scoring one goal.

He previously enjoyed loan spells at Aston Villa and Sheffield Wednesday.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:52pm On Jul 17, 2019
grin
daveP:

Key save how? grin

That was luck on hid side. Have you forgotten Akpeyi? That had probabilistic outcome and luckily for a chancr at saving for Akpeyi standards, that was just pure luck.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:53pm On Jul 17, 2019
darkelf:
Lucas echa scores for Man city against West Ham

The match is currently been played.

It seems Pep rates this boy highly. It will behoove Rohr not to look his way.

Pep rates him because e dey play pre season abi? once season start we no go see am again

That dude want to play for only Germany and England as it stands not, you can take that to the bank

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:02pm On Jul 17, 2019
Osimhen ‘unhappy’ over 2019 AFCON no-show

Kola Daniel by Kola Daniel

— July 17, 2019 8:53 am

Victor Osimhen has revealed he is unhappy he has yet to see action for the Super Eagles at the 2019 AFCON in Egypt.

The former U17 and U20 star and third-choice goalkeeper Francis Uzoho are the only players yet to be in action for Nigeria as the Eagles battle Tunisia in the losers’ final tonight in Cairo.

“I am not happy (that he has yet to see action), maybe the coach does not see my qualities,” the Sporting Charleroi star said.

“I have what it takes to deliver should I be picked, but at the same time I respect the decision of the coach.

“But I have to be professional and continue to support the team.”

Eagles coach Gernot Rohr said Osimhen is at the AFCON to learn.

“I am still learning, but so are the other players,” the young striker said.

“The experience from here will certainly help me in the future.”

© 2019 Score Nigeria All Rights reserved
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 3:14pm On Jul 17, 2019
andrew444:

Pep rates him because e dey play pre season abi? once season start we no go see am again

That dude want to play for only Germany and England as it stands not, you can take that to the bank

Guy, your problem is that sometimes, you jump to conclusion without understanding antecedents

This guy started and came of the bench in some cup matches last season and was named among the pre-season squad

Even If he refuses us, will he be the first or the last
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:17pm On Jul 17, 2019
darkelf:

Guy, your problem is that sometimes, you jump to conclusion without understanding antecedents

This guy started and came of the bench in some cup matches last season and was named among the pre-season squad

All the players wey una don recommend how many of them don play for naija?

Naija is always their 3rd choice,yet una no go learn make player use him heart play for naija, even tammy abraham embarass una

At the bolded shut up your dirty mouth there

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 3:43pm On Jul 17, 2019
andrew444:

All the players wey una don recommend how many of them don play for naija?

Naija is always their 3rd choice,yet una no go learn make player use him heart play for naija, even tammy abraham embarass una

At the bolded shut up your dirty mouth there

I am not surprised at your last statement. Again, I ask you; If he rejects us, would he be the first or last to do so?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:45pm On Jul 17, 2019
darkelf:

I am not surprised at your last statement. Again, I ask you; If he rejects us, would he be the first or last to do so?

Make una continue till all the player go reject una, thats why most of you didnt see fault in balogun being a bench warmer at brighton but if na pure naija na ranting everywhere.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 3:55pm On Jul 17, 2019
andrew444:

Make una continue till all the player go reject una, thats why most of you didnt see fault in balogun being a bench warmer at brighton but if na pure naija na ranting everywhere.

Please bring out where I rated Balogun over Omeruo in this AFCON?

I have always being a fierce critic of bench warmers, whether local or foreign. Others may favor anything foreign but not me.

If you're good enough, you should be invited whether local or foreign and if you say no, life goes on. Simple
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:03pm On Jul 17, 2019
darkelf:

Lucas Nmecha is no longer eligible for either Nigeria or England bro.

Manchester City striker Lukas Nmecha will
represent Germany's national teams for the
rest of his career after FIFA approved a one-
time change of association.
Even if he fails to make the grades through the German rsnks, he can no longer turn around to play for England or Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:06pm On Jul 17, 2019
darkelf:

Please bring out where I rated Balogun over Omeruo in this AFCON?

I have always being a fierce critic of bench warmers, whether local or foreign. Others may favor anything foreign but not me.

If you're good enough, you should be invited whether local or foreign and if you say no, life goes on. Simple

Lol but I never call your name you don dey shake body ,I am just giving my examples

And besides balogun didn't do bad in the games he played forget Madagascar error

I am just trying to point out the way some people are being biased
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:06pm On Jul 17, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Several Bundelsiga clubs are plotting a move for London-born Nigerian midfielder Josh Onomah in the summer transfer window, according to reports.

According to the Sun, Borussia Monchengladbach are among the clubs monitoring the situation of the England U20 World Cup-winning midfielder, while Mainz, Augsburg and Frankfurt have also been credited with an interest.

Onomah has not been named in Spurs squad for their 2019 International Champions Cup matches in Singapore and Shanghai, which suggests that he is not in the plans of manager Mauricio Pochettino for the new season.

Ahead of a possible transfer to a new club, the central midfielder has been training with Tottenham's U23 teams.

Though there are no clear favorites for his signature at this point in time, Borussia Monchengladbach did transfer business with Tottenham a year ago, signing 2019 Golden Boy nominee Keanan Bennetts from the capital club.

Since debuting for the first team of Tottenham, Onomah has played 32 games, scoring one goal.

He previously enjoyed loan spells at Aston Villa and Sheffield Wednesday.

I hope this materializes, we need quality in our midfield, to be creative enough

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:10pm On Jul 17, 2019
andrew444:

Lol but I never call your name you don dey shake body ,I am just giving my examples

And besides balogun didn't do bad in the games he played forget Madagascar error

One can hardly tell the tail from the head whenever u are debating. Na u say Balo no do well, na still u dey here dey talk say him do well. Which one u wan make we take nah grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:15pm On Jul 17, 2019
No line up yet?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:24pm On Jul 17, 2019
ChrisKels:

One can hardly tell the tail from the head whenever u are debating. Na u say Balo no do well, na still u dey here dey talk say him do well. Which one u wan make we take nah grin grin

I never said balo didnt do well i said they didnt see fault in balogun being a bench warmer at brighton, does that concern his performance in the super eagles?

If na omeruo be bench warmer i know how many people go shout say make him no go afcon.

Even after his mistake against madagascar i still wanted him to start
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:27pm On Jul 17, 2019
ChrisKels:
No line up yet?

Today line up delay

3rd place match be like bad energy o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:36pm On Jul 17, 2019
yes oooo
ChrisKels:

I hope this materializes, we need quality in our midfield, to be creative enough
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 4:36pm On Jul 17, 2019
OwnGoal Nigeria

Home Nigeria
Nigeria
Revealed – Super Eagles Lineup For Tunisia Tie, Uzoho, Aina In, Osimhen To Taste Action
July 17, 2019029

Facebook Save

Coach of the senior national team of Nigeria Gernot Rohr has revealed his lineup for the Super Eagles of Nigeria AFCON 2019 third place match against Tunisia, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

YOU MAY LIKEMgid

So, I Earn $500 A Day!

Secret Revealed: Lagos Wife Hides $1.3 Million From Husband

Lagos Wife Horrified After Husband Discovers Millionaire Secret
The coach handed debut to third choice goalkeeper Francis Uzoho while Ola Aina comes in at right full back as replacement for Chidozie Awaziem who is suspended following two bookings.

In other areas the coach maintained same players who started the semi-final 1-2 loss to Algeria but Victor Osimhen will make his debut in the game according to the coach during his briefing with the players earlier today.

Leon Balogun will also get some game time during the course of the game as he is lined up for a substitute appearance as a possible replacement for one of the central defenders if all goes according to plan.

1. Francis Uzoho

2. Ola Aina

3. Jamilu Collins

4. Wilfred Ndidi

5. William Troost-Ekong

DONT MISS ==> Bayern Munich Pull Out Of Race To Sign Everton Loanee Henry Onyekuru
6. Kenneth Omeruo

7. Ahmed Musa

8. Alex Iwobi

9. Odion Ighalo

10. Oghenekaro Etebo

11. Samuel Chukwueze

Share this:
WhatsApp
More
Like this:

Facebook Save

INTERESTING FOR YOUMgid

Melt Stomach Fat In 2 Weeks When You Try This

So, I Earn $500 A Day!

Simple Way To Look 15 Years Younger! Visible Result After 4 Days!

Reduce Your Belly During The Night With A Simple Trick

Lagos Wife Horrified After Husband Discovers Millionaire Secret

10 Richest Families Of The World. No. 6 Is A Surprise

Your One Stop Shop For The Latest News on Nigerian Football and Players

- For information on our services, articles and promotion,
+234 817440009
owngoalnigeria@gmail.com
Contact us: info@OwnGoalNigeria.com

POPULAR POSTS

Exclusive – Ola Aina Out, Collins, Chukwueze In Rohr’s Starting Lineup...
July 9, 2019

Super Eagles Lineup For Madagascar – Omeruo, Musa, Etebo, Simon OUT...
June 29, 2019

Leicester City Sold Me For The Money – Ahmed Musa Hit...
August 18, 2018
POPULAR CATEGORY
Nigeria2146
Top Headlines33
Trending Topics7
Spanish3
News Article1
copa 20150
Sponsored0

About us Contact us Privacy Policy
© Copyright OwnGoalNigeria.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (6639) (6640) (6641) (6642) (6643) (6644) (6645) ... (16337) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Odunayaw(m), AlbertoIancu, joelsteron, cc12(m), zicky(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.