Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,364 members, 7,815,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6692) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11649946 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6689) (6690) (6691) (6692) (6693) (6694) (6695) ... (16145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:56pm On Jul 22, 2019
As crazy as it may sound I prefer Herve
charlesemeka85:
Morocco: Afcon 2019 Fallout - Morocco, Three Other Countries Want to Hire Rohr

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 6:56pm On Jul 22, 2019
Fulham to take Tega Onomah in a deal for Ryan Sessegnon

Good or bad deal, cc Komekn
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 7:09pm On Jul 22, 2019
Of course, Herve is 10x better than Rohr. Problem is, Herve probably wont consider us. The NFF has a reputation …. a bad one.

O pari

Joebie:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:11pm On Jul 22, 2019
Joebie:

He is not a bad coach and wont be bad for the eagles either

But all i am saying is that we might not value what we have and others will (one man food is another man poison)

But if the so called renard is our coach, make him just go afcon no pass quarter final, complain don start

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:13pm On Jul 22, 2019
Icon79:
Of course, Herve is 10x better than Rohr. Problem is, Herve probably wont consider us. The NFF has a reputation …. a bad one.

O pari

We dont need him , the nff dont want him

Why you no allow them go for am first to know if e go accept us or not

Person wey coach zambia na him no go reason naija abi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:14pm On Jul 22, 2019
Earthquake2:
Fulham to take Tega Onomah in a deal for Ryan Sessegnon

Good or bad deal, cc Kokemn

Not a bad deal

Onomah is a championship standard

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 7:23pm On Jul 22, 2019
NNL playoffs actually held today (not the 24th as I had earlier read).
Warri Wolves, Adamawa United, Jigawa Golden Stars and Akwa Starlets promoted.
Shooting Stars lives to fight another day.

Enyimba stays poaching players...from Ebube Duru to Olisema, James Bala, Mbaoma, etc.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 7:25pm On Jul 22, 2019
So you don't think that the Zambia FA is more organized than all the crooks and criminals who run the show at our NFF

O pari

andrew444:

We dont need him , the nff dont want him

Why you no allow them go for am first to know if e go accept us or not

Person wey coach zambia na him no go reason naija abi?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:29pm On Jul 22, 2019
Icon79:
So you don't think that the Zambia FA is more organized than all the crooks and criminals who run the show at our NFF

O pari

Hmmmm

Okay o, if you say so
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 7:35pm On Jul 22, 2019
Icon79:

O pari

How exactly is Herve Renard better than Rohr?

Imagine not passing to quarterfinals with arguably the most talented team in the tournament, You say he is an attacking coach did you watch the match against Benin, they lacked bite and were lucky to score through a defensive mistake

The grass is always greener on the other side for you guys

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:46pm On Jul 22, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
CAFCL prelim draw

Rahimo (Burkina Faso) vs ENYIMBA
KANO PILLARS vs Ashante Kotoko (Ghana)

#CAFCC prelim draw

NIGER TORNADOES vs Santoba FC (Guinea)

Rangers receive bye to the first round
The kano pillars vs As ante kotoko match is a national derby. More like Nigeria vs Ghana.
I have watch these kotoko guys and I must say they are such a physical side...but Ghanaian will always be Ghanaian.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:47pm On Jul 22, 2019
andrew444:

Not a bad deal

Onomah is a championship standard

What is Championship standard

Fulham was the best footballing side in the Championship before winning promotion to the EPL. I suspect they will continue with that philosophy, hopefully they will not loose too many players and will bounce back to the EPL. If the reports are true, best move for him.

With regards to possible options for the AM role he IMO is the best out of all the Nigerian origin players in the UK.

In terms of football quality it's a near perfect fit for Onomah, on the deck technical football. But most of all he will have OPPORTUNITY to develop and claim position and be in the EPL next season with Fulham ot anybody else if matters go according to plan.

Tottenham will have got the best English left Fulback in the name of Ryan Ssegnon. Last summer Liverpool had a bid of £30 million rejected by Fulham. So good business for him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:48pm On Jul 22, 2019
DrLikita12:
NNL playoffs actually held today (not the 24th as I had earlier read).
Warri Wolves, Adamawa United, Jigawa Golden Stars and Akwa Starlets promoted.
Shooting Stars lives to fight another day.

Enyimba stays poaching players...from Ebube Duru to Olisema, James Bala, Mbaoma, etc.
Akwa Starlets? The reserve team of Akwa Utd? This is not obtainable in good leagues in the world. There should be a bye law that limits the progression of reserve teams.

That said, I welcome Warri Wolves back and hope they've shed off their hooliganism. The remaining 3 should be back in NNL this time next year.

Its also good (late perhaps?) that Enyimba are fortifying their squad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:50pm On Jul 22, 2019
Earthquake2:

Imagine not passing to quarterfinals with arguably the most talented team in the tournament, You say he is an attacking coach did you watch the match against Benin, they lacked bite and were lucky to score through a defensive mistake

Are you saying that our team is the most talented in the AFCON ❓ ❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:57pm On Jul 22, 2019
komekn:

What is Championship standard

Fulham was the best footballing side in the Championship before winning promotion to the EPL. I suspect they will continue with that philosophy, hopefully they will not loose too many players and will bounce back to the EPL. If the reports are true, best move for him.

With regards to possible options for the AM role he IMO is the best out of all the Nigerian origin players in the UK.

In terms of football quality it's a near perfect fit for Onomah, on the deck technical football. But most of all he will have OPPORTUNITY to develop and claim position and be in the EPL next season with Fulham ot anybody else if matters go according to plan.

Tottenham will have got the best English left Fulback in the name of Ryan Ssegnon. Last summer Liverpool had a bid of £30 million rejected by Fulham. So good business for him.

lol I no say you go talk

Anyway onomah has don well in the championship ,I called him a championship standard because he is yet to get a loan in an Epl club

Ryan sessegnon best English left back ?

Bros calm down jare

Yes am sure Fulham will be back in the Epl

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:58pm On Jul 22, 2019
komekn:

He meant Morocco ,Herve renard have the most talented team in this afcon and could not pass the quarter finals
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:05pm On Jul 22, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Classic.

Best sports article I have read this year and the last paragraph says it all.

As a sportsman and an Olympian, one that believes only in celebrating the best that one can be, I shall not celebrate this Bronze Medal. I am sorry folks.

How many gold medals did he lead Nigeria to as an Olympian?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:22pm On Jul 22, 2019
Earthquake2:

It is very laughable bro.

Herve Renard better than Rohr

I don't even know what to say

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 8:25pm On Jul 22, 2019
komekn:

Read my write up again

I quoted you have not given me a reply
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 8:40pm On Jul 22, 2019
Odunayaw:
Akwa Starlets? The reserve team of Akwa Utd? This is not obtainable in good leagues in the world. There should be a bye law that limits the progression of reserve teams.

That said, I welcome Warri Wolves back and hope they've shed off their hooliganism. The remaining 3 should be back in NNL this time next year.

Its also good (late perhaps?) that Enyimba are fortifying their squad

I'm actually not sure. I thought they were the reserve team but that may not be case. It wouldn't make sense for the reserve team and main team to play in the same league at the same time.
Enyimba is doing a good job. I've only heard of one Kano Pillars transfer (U20 player to Tunisia), none from Tornadoes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 8:55pm On Jul 22, 2019
I can't wait for the Premier league to start grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:36pm On Jul 22, 2019
Earthquake2:

as in eh
no forget to give me sure booking ,
i no want make bet9ja do me shege again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:37pm On Jul 22, 2019
DrLikita12:

I'm actually not sure. I thought they were the reserve team but that may not be case. It wouldn't make sense for the reserve team and main team to play in the same league at the same time.
Enyimba is doing a good job. I've only heard of one Kano Pillars transfer (U20 player to Tunisia), none from Tornadoes.

They are a reserve team simply because the government owns both but that will obviously change if they (starlets) gain promotion. Their players come from the area and are very talented. My only issue will be on their transfer policy because they can't stay in the league with the same players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 9:39pm On Jul 22, 2019
Starboytwo:
me I wept inside.... Every Nigerian can relate, baba thank God say no be Dem southi do us this thing unless all of us no go fit dey online for months, or Ghana Dem, Gustav25 ND friends go too skin us....

Are you still not Weeping now ?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 9:40pm On Jul 22, 2019
Earthquake2:

Do you mean Nigerian Premier league? grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 9:41pm On Jul 22, 2019
gustav25:

Are you still not Weeping now ?

This guy again

grin cheesy grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 9:50pm On Jul 22, 2019
Gamaliel9 , howfar ? What happened to the scoreline ?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 9:55pm On Jul 22, 2019
MrDojo:
Mehn, I get all the hype behind Samu (which is well deserved), but I think our (my grin) best player has been Ndidi. This Man is Mr. consistent, and it pains me that he does not get the hype he deserves. If he was a South American or a player from Europe, Omo, nobody go hear word. He is the closest player to being World Class in the SE squad (My opinion, you don't have to agree). Imagine Declan Rice that is not that special is being hailed as if he is the next Gattuso, whereas, Ndidi is only 3yrs older and a far, far better player.

Samu has a bright future ahead of him, along with our other youngsters, that is if they work hard. But, Ndidi is looking the real deal.

To me, I don't see any DM in the EPL that is far better than him. Yes, Fernandinho is a beast in city, but if Ndidi plays under Pep, I can beat my chest and declare he'll be far better than Fernandinho has ever been. Remember, Fed was not this good before Pep imapcted his knowledge (bald head to bald head grin)

Another coach that will improve him is Klopp, unfortunately they already have Fabinho.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never watched Ndidi play a bad game. If he continues like this, in two or three years he will among the best 5 players in his position.

I just pray, and hope he does not make a bad career decision or Injury (village people) does not stall his progress. At 22, my guy is this good. Omo, I can't wait until he reaches his peak. Other midfielders go they cry before match start.

Off point

I saw a comment on which midfield pair is better, 2013 or 2019.

To be honest, Mikel was very good in 2013, Onazi tried, too. But till date, I don't rate Onazi has a player. I don't know what position he plays or what he is good at (apart from killing fans with wayward shots). If Ndidi and Etebo win the cup, they'll be a better pairing to me. However, I'm not taking anything way from Mike's excellent performance that year (I think he was nominated for CAF African best that year, ba?)

In conclusion, I can't vwait to see what the future holds for our boy, the destroyer of legs, he that is slimmer than bonga fish but stronger than Olumo rock, he will chase you and get stuck to you like fish wey hook for neck, because he is Wilfred Ndidi.

Forgive me for my dry joke ls cheesy grin

By the way, Algeria, una go hear am.

Up Super Eagles!

cheesy grin

And a few days later , not only did Ndidi turn to a Arrow , but Algeria sent this one to coma since then

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 10:01pm On Jul 22, 2019
Starboytwo:
You people are giving feghouli way too much importance here.... He play or not Dem go chop am.... I don't even know the other guy Atal or whatever, who him help ....

We are winning the afcon, period....
O gi Wu chop am

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 10:04pm On Jul 22, 2019
elyte89:
What exactly is d hullabaloo abt d green jersey

I don't want to key into dis Jersey superstitious belief

Any color make we wear,even if na pink grin,we dey go final..period

Sure , you went to final of ajegunle cup

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 10:06pm On Jul 22, 2019
minfelix:
Some how we have manage to beat two north african teams with the dark green jersey
Libya 2-3 Nigeria
Nigeria 1-0 Egypt.
Prediction
Algeria 1-3 Nigeria(semifinal)
Tunisia 0-2 Nigeria (final)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 10:08pm On Jul 22, 2019
Marjoribanks:
Ivory coast should have destroyed this Algerians within the first 15 minutes.
Watching the match presently.
So these quacks are what some peeps are having sleepless night over!
What a disappointment!

Another one that have been in a comatose state ever since Mahrez gladden my heart ....Your silence is proudly sponsored by Mahrez , with love from Algeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (6689) (6690) (6691) (6692) (6693) (6694) (6695) ... (16145) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.