Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6780) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11632684 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6777) (6778) (6779) (6780) (6781) (6782) (6783) ... (16138) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:20pm On Aug 04, 2019
Earthquake1:
Pep Guardiola becomes the first manager to receive a yellow card grin

and e go b d first to collect redcard
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 4:22pm On Aug 04, 2019
do4luv14:

and e go b d first to collect redcard

Guardiola dey respect himself grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 4:29pm On Aug 04, 2019
forgiveness:

See someone accusing someone of predicting Barrenness for Nacho. Fear God.

I didn't boda replying nerdy d moment i realise he was downplaying ujah chances in d coming league and also in gwg and predicting aw nacho will show good performance when d EPL kick start...one will now wonder If Anthony ujah plays for Seychelles national team grin grin,just to show aw deep d double standard is on dis thread...any wc way ,I just want to enjoy football as a fan grin grin

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:32pm On Aug 04, 2019
tbaba1234:

He wears Ejuke on his back. I think he spells it as Ejuke.

Nawa oo, he's adopted that, just like Igbonu? I remember when he went to Liverpool for trials with Njoku.

Been keeping tabs on him, dude has a future. Good to see Akujuobi getting involved and doing well at the same time.

Gong was immense yesterday for Vittesse against Ajax. Good prospects coming through
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 4:36pm On Aug 04, 2019
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:37pm On Aug 04, 2019
elyte89:

I didn't boda replying nerdy d moment i realise he was downplaying ujah chances in d coming league and also in gwg and predicting aw nacho will show good performance when d EPL kick start...one will now wonder If Anthony ujah plays for Seychelles national team grin grin,just to show aw deep d double standard is on dis thread...any wc way ,I just want to enjoy football as a fan grin grin

Exactly, we should just enjoy football as fans but the double standard no gree me commot face from that comment.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:40pm On Aug 04, 2019
Lol... Nacho has been magic and have been spectacular on several occasions. Same cannot be said of Ujah. Ujah has never been spectacular. It is fact. It is only stating the obvious. So someone predicting Barrenness for a player who has been spectacular at different times surely is a concern compared to stating the obvious about a bang average player like Ujah. Lol

forgiveness:

See someone accusing someone of predicting Barrenness for Nacho. Fear God.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:44pm On Aug 04, 2019
Oga you didn't bother replying because Ujah is crap. It is funny how you guys are now making Ujah seem like some player we can bank on. Look at how you and forgiveness are making it look like Ujah is anything special. Lol... I laugh ooo... The way you guys will accommodate any mediocre just as far as it is not Nacho is quite glaring Biko.

So Rohr is silly to talk up Nacho before the season starts? cheesy Funny people.

elyte89:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:47pm On Aug 04, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Lol... Nacho has been magic and have been spectacular on several occasions. Same cannot be said of Ujah. Ujah has never been spectacular. It is fact. It is only stating the obvious. So someone predicting Barrenness for a player who has been spectacular at different times surely is a concern compared to stating the obvious about a bang average player like Ujah. Lol

Ujah is not spectacular but he has done better than Iheanacho in a top league. Gbam

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:49pm On Aug 04, 2019
grin @ bolded
andrew444:
IFK midfielder Alhassan Yusuf: Wolves rumours inspiring

IFK Gothenburg midfielder Alhassan Yusuf is aware of rumours linking him with Wolves.

It's been suggested Wolves have been told by IFK it will take €7m to sign the Nigerian.

Yusuf told GT: "I hear about what is written, but it is the kind that always comes if you play well and make good matches.

"It's something you have to be happy about, even if what is written is not always right. Obviously it's very fun that people even think that I could go to such big clubs. It is very inspiring.

"I want to play in the top leagues and get the challenges. It's every player's dream and it's the same for me. It's something I've dreamed about since I was a little kid, it would have been really cool."

Read more at https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ifk-midfielder-alhassan-yusuf-wolves-rumours-inspiring-4291553#7L8OevbfYOXXrAWX.99
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:49pm On Aug 04, 2019
forgiveness:

Exactly, we should just enjoy football as fans but the double standard no gree me commot face from that comment.

Where is the double standard in saying that Ujah is absolutely not good enough and doesn't carry huge expectations and that Nacho is a proven special talent who big things are expected of this season? Where please?

You just wanna cry because now that Ighalo is out of the way, it means Nacho's return is imminent and coupled with his good form so far which was the reason for Rohr's comment.... You now bring up a poor Ujah so as to have hopes of someone getting that nod ahead of Nacho. See Forgiveness... Give it up okay. Nacho is here to stay.... He will play a long time in this new generation. So accept it and support the young man alongside Other bright young talents instead of raising old washed up mediocres as options.

Gerrit?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:53pm On Aug 04, 2019
forgiveness:

Ujah is not spectacular but he has done better than Iheanacho in a top league. Gbam

This is absolute rubbish... Hahahahahahaha...

I know this was his plan all along... Supporting anyone at all vs Nacho... Predictable guy. Nacho is your headache.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:53pm On Aug 04, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Oga you didn't bother replying because Ujah is crap. It is funny how you guys are now making Ujah seem like some player we can bank on. Look at how you and forgiveness are making it look like Ujah is anything special. Lol... I laugh ooo... The way you guys will accommodate any mediocre just as far as it is not Nacho is quite glaring Biko.

So Rohr is silly to talk up Nacho before the season starts? cheesy Funny people.

Take this souvenir home.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:55pm On Aug 04, 2019
forgiveness:

Take this souvenir home.

Sorry man... I don't see Ujah's name anywhere on Rohr's lips... grin Rohr doesn't do leftovers... Sorry.

Rohr: ”I see he (Iheanacho) is now professional in the way he trains and play in games. I have been speaking with him and from the way he is performing in pre season he will be back with us”,

”He is a part of the team and he knows it. When next we have a game he will get his chance to prove himself because we believe in him and we’ll be happy to have him back”.

Hang this on your wall aiit... Ndo..

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:56pm On Aug 04, 2019
well he showed great potential at that stage considering he was an academy player before inspiring Nigeria to win the U17 WC. This is the reason why many Nigerians want him to succeed. Playing for Man City that first season and scoring 4 goals in the meager match time he was given seemed very promising. Add to that, he was impressive in the GWG shortly after.

komekn:

4 goals at Manchester city in the EPL 2016/17 season after 20 games is not stats you would attribute to an IN-FORM Striker or would you ❓

You may have different standards for IN-FORM than myself.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 4:58pm On Aug 04, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

So na nacho don score 60 goals na grin grin grin,its ur type dt makes one wonder if nacho is one hell of a form @ d moment grin,when is glaring dt club/international wise,he's a mess @ d moment... Anyway its ur opinion,anybody wey rohr call I support

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:00pm On Aug 04, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Where is the double standard in saying that Ujah is absolutely not good enough and doesn't carry huge expectations and that Nacho is a proven special talent who big things are expected of this season? Where please?

You just wanna cry because now that Ighalo is out of the way, it means Nacho's return is imminent and coupled with his good form so far which was the reason for Rohr's comment.... You now bring up a poor Ujah so as to have hopes of someone getting that nod ahead of Nacho. See Forgiveness... Give it up okay. Nacho is here to stay.... He will play a long time in this new generation. So accept it and support the young man alongside Other bright young talents instead of raising old washed up mediocres as options.

Gerrit?

See an absolute not good enough player btw these two.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:01pm On Aug 04, 2019
How many Preseason goals does Ujah have now sef? Nacho is scoring at least... Working his way back and stepping things up for himself. Rohr has noticed and said this...

Rohr: ”I see he (Iheanacho) is now professional in the way he trains and play in games. I have been speaking with him and from the way he is performing in pre season he will be back with us”,

”He is a part of the team and he knows it. When next we have a game he will get his chance to prove himself because we believe in him and we’ll be happy to have him back”.

So if it bites you so much. It is not my concern. You have even confessed here at one time that you don't like Nacho and will always be Anti-Nacho... So any comment from you on this is already invalid and bias-fed. Merci. smiley

elyte89:

So na nacho don score 60 goals na grin grin grin,its ur type dt makes one wonder if nacho is one hell of a form @ d moment grin,when is glaring dt club/international wise,he's a mess @ d moment... Anyway its ur opinion,anybody wey rohr call I support

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 5:01pm On Aug 04, 2019
krattoss:
can the cities and stadiums be an upgrade to what we saw in France?

Just asking

That's a rethoric sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:04pm On Aug 04, 2019
forgiveness:

See an absolute not good enough player btw these two.

Story... Doesn't change the known fact that Ujah is crap. Even Peter Ijeh had awesome goalscoring stats but never blew with the Super Eagles...

Please feed on this okay... I know it makes you wince...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:04pm On Aug 04, 2019
Earthquake1:

Guardiola dey respect himself grin

e no go surprise me if e collect am for dis match sef, abi no be PEP again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:06pm On Aug 04, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Sorry man... I don't see Ujah's name anywhere on Rohr's lips... grin Rohr doesn't do leftovers... Sorry.

Hang this on your wall aiit... Ndo..

“Kelechi too can score goals and I think that his omission from the AFCON would be a big motivation for him.

“I was talking with him throughout the AFCON because he’s still a congruent part of our team and I know he wants to work harder now because he has understood the professional ways of doing things.

“I know that Kelechi can be an interesting player for the Super Eagles,” the German told
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:10pm On Aug 04, 2019
forgiveness:

“Kelechi too can score goals and I think that his omission from the AFCON would be a big motivation for him.

“I was talking with him throughout the AFCON because he’s still a congruent part of our team and I know he wants to work harder now because he has understood the professional ways of doing things.

“I know that Kelechi can be an interesting player for the Super Eagles,” the German told

True talent cannot be talked down for long.... Nacho had his bad Patch but it doesn't take away his class shown at the highest level already and his high potentials. Now he is working hard again and Rohr has taken notice...

Thank you for agreeing with me... O pari...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:13pm On Aug 04, 2019
Everton have agreed to sell forward Henry Onyekuru to Monaco for around £12million, Football Insider understands.

The French club are putting the finishing touches to the capture of the Nigeria international, 22, after settling personal terms with player.

An Everton source has told Football Insider that Monaco have trumped Galatasaray to reach agreement with Onyekuru, who is signing a five-year contract.

The Ligue 1 club have made their move to land the blisteringly-quick forward permanently after Galatasaray tried to sign him on another season-long loan.

Marco Silva has given the green light for Onyekuru to be sold after his failure to secure a work permit to play in England since signing from KAS Eupen for £7million two years ago.

The Merseysiders have accepted they would struggle to clear red tape again this summer and have decided to let him go as they simultaneously complete the signing of Moise Kean from Juventus.

The teenage striker joined Everton today for an initial £27million rising to a potential £36million.

Onyekuru has spent the last two seasons on loan, first at Anderlecht in Belgium and then at Galatasaray in the last campaign.

He made a big impact for the Turkish club, scoring 16 goals from 44 matches as they secured the league and cup double.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:17pm On Aug 04, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Story... Doesn't change the known fact that Ujah is crap. Even Peter Ijeh had awesome goalscoring stats but never blew with the Super Eagles...

Please feed on this okay... I know it makes you wince...

'Now' professional .......
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:18pm On Aug 04, 2019
Joebie:
well he showed great potential at that stage considering he was an academy player before inspiring Nigeria to win the U17 WC. This is the reason why many Nigerians want him to succeed. Playing for Man City that first season and scoring 4 goals in the meager match time he was given seemed very promising. Add to that, he was impressive in the GWG shortly after.

I want you first to consider the number of top class quality of players that surround you at City.

It's not a question of if you will score but numbers of goals scored. Put Ighalo, Ujah, etc in that position how many do you think they will score

I said ages ago the true test of KC quality is when he goes to a club that doesn't have the same level of top quality players supporting you.

Well that's happened and the rest has been history for the past two seasons at Leicester , abysmal.

The idea you can use number of minutes played to goals scored as a means of determining quality. Is simply not true. Some will say coming on as a sub when your opponents are tired and weary, is a lot easier to score. That's why we talk of supersubs.

The stats are clear therefore 20 games and 4 goals,if he showed more promise they would have given him.mote minutes and probably he would be still at Manchester city. But he was simply not good enough

Some fanatical fans being Superdelusuional and out of touch with reality found that hard to believe. And called him EXCEPTIONAL TALENT comparing him to Aguero, Mbappe, Gabriel, etc.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:19pm On Aug 04, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Everton have agreed to sell forward Henry Onyekuru to Monaco for around £12million, Football Insider understands.

The French club are putting the finishing touches to the capture of the Nigeria international, 22, after settling personal terms with player.

An Everton source has told Football Insider that Monaco have trumped Galatasaray to reach agreement with Onyekuru, who is signing a five-year contract.

The Ligue 1 club have made their move to land the blisteringly-quick forward permanently after Galatasaray tried to sign him on another season-long loan.

Marco Silva has given the green light for Onyekuru to be sold after his failure to secure a work permit to play in England since signing from KAS Eupen for £7million two years ago.

The Merseysiders have accepted they would struggle to clear red tape again this summer and have decided to let him go as they simultaneously complete the signing of Moise Kean from Juventus.

The teenage striker joined Everton today for an initial £27million rising to a potential £36million.

Onyekuru has spent the last two seasons on loan, first at Anderlecht in Belgium and then at Galatasaray in the last campaign.

He made a big impact for the Turkish club, scoring 16 goals from 44 matches as they secured the league and cup double.

I hope this news is true

Everton wanna sell him to monaco but dude is saying he want gala stay and instead of gala to buy, gala wanna loan him again and everton is only interested in selling

I just hope this monaco deal works out
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:20pm On Aug 04, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

True talent cannot be talked down for long.... Nacho had his bad Patch but it doesn't take away his class shown at the highest level already and his high potentials. Now he is working hard again and Rohr has taken notice...

Thank you for agreeing with me... O pari...

Somebody needs comprehension skills to understand Rohr's statement. He is NOW professional.....He NOW understands....

Make season start.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:22pm On Aug 04, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Monaco is a big club in a top league.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:31pm On Aug 04, 2019
We can only speak of what happened. Put Ujah there, we never know what he would have done. If you want to speak of the past 2 seasons, then you have a case. But you can't rubbish KC's performance in his first season considering the few minutes he played for ManCity. He had a promising performance considering his age at the time. And that's a fact.

modified
Don't forget Man City brought in a new manager. So much changed after then for KC.

komekn:

I want you first to consider the number of top class quality of players that surround you at City.

It's not a question of how many goals you will score but numbers of goals scored. Put Ighalo, Ujah, etc in that position how many do you think they will score

I said ages ago the true test of KC quality is when he goes to a club that doesn't have the same level of top quality players supporting you.

Well that's happened and the rest has been history for the past two seasons at Leicester , abysmal.

The idea you can use number of minutes played to goals scored as a means of determining quality. Is simply not true. Some will say coming on as a sub when your opponents are tired and weary, is a lot easier to score. That's why we talk of supersubs.

The stats are clear therefore 20 games and 4 goals,if he showed more promise they would have given him.mote minutes and probably he would be still at Manchester city. But he was simply not good enough

Some fanatical fans being Superdelusuional and out of touch with reality found that hard to believe. And called him EXCEPTIONAL TALENT comparing him to Aguero, Mbappe, Gabriel, etc.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:31pm On Aug 04, 2019
It is not rocket science Mr Man.... Rohr rates Nacho Highly. Nacho had a bad patch as most youngsters will have but now he seems ready to strive again in the right system under Rodgers. Rohr has seen all these and is eager to have Nacho back.

Or when Nacho was tearing up the EPL and FA Cup with goals at City and scoring consistently in the GWG, he was not professional then abi? Loolll.... It is okay. It is probably rocket science for you. smiley

forgiveness:

Somebody needs comprehension skills to understand Rohr's statement. He is NOW professional.....He NOW understands....

Make season start.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:32pm On Aug 04, 2019
Chidera Ejuke scored today in SC Heerenven's 4-0 away win in the Eredivisie...

The lad has began on a fine note. Came on as a 67mins sub.

Hamdi Akujobi came on as a 74mins sub.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (6777) (6778) (6779) (6780) (6781) (6782) (6783) ... (16138) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ThanosKilla(m), Meliforme, SeedMeals, Amedino99(m), mowah, humility33(m), ddone, elyte89, TradingGod, viciati(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.