Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,163 members, 7,835,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6782) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11782458 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6779) (6780) (6781) (6782) (6783) (6784) (6785) ... (16194) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2019
Akujobi and Ejuke

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2019
andrew444:

I heard he went for trials

Where?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2019
Odunayaw:
Watched Ojo and Aribo this afternoon. Wasn't blown away at all. Aribo is like a taller Etebo

Emmyboy reacting to the bolded like...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:59pm On Aug 04, 2019
Odunayaw:
Watched Ojo and Aribo this afternoon. Wasn't blown away at all. Aribo is like a taller Etebo

Does the Scottish league still air on startimes?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 6:59pm On Aug 04, 2019
forgiveness:
Where is Okon? Why is he not on the list?

Aigbogun’s Flying Eagles Squad For 12 All-Africa Games:

Goalkeepers: Ogundare Detan (Kogi United), Yakubu Mathew (Clique Sports)

Defenders: Sadiq Habibu Yakubu (Rara FC), Mike Zaruma (Plateau United), Ogberahwe Solomon Onome (El Kanemi Warriors), Rabiu Zulkifilu Muhammad (Plateau United)

Midfielders: Victor Arikpo (Sidos FC), Sanusi Abdulmutallif (Katsina United), Oladoye Adewale (Water FC), Liameed Quadri (36 Lion FC), Peter Eletu (Prince Kazeem Academy) Samuel Nnoshiri (Heartland FC)

Forwards: Jibril Saeed (Plateau United), Makanjuola Success (Water FC), Emeka Chinonso (Club Brook FC/ENG), Sor Yira Collins (Oasis FC), Abubakar Ibrahim (Plateau United), Ahmad Abubakar Ghali (MFM FC)

https://www.completesports.com/aigbogun-lists-18-players-for-flying-eagles-12th-all-africa-games-campaign/

Why am I seeing many people from Water FC?

Hope he has not done some underground deal with them?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:00pm On Aug 04, 2019
tbaba1234:
Akujobi and Ejuke

Is that Harrisong?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:01pm On Aug 04, 2019
if he is as good as etebo that means he has the potentials to get better and as well good for us
andrew444:

charlesemeka over to you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:01pm On Aug 04, 2019
tbaba1234:
Akujobi and Ejuke

That's a good one.

Besides, I thought you never rated Eredivise. What happened?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 7:02pm On Aug 04, 2019
Odunayaw:
SA knocked out? shocked by Lesotho! dem get league?
So much for their "glamorous" PSL

SA is like an olodo child , no matter the amount of Extra lesson teachers the patent gets for him,he will always fail in class.

the south African FA is one of the most organized , if not the most organized in Africa. Administratively, the got everything right. They have the best facilities, good leagues and the likes,but they have shitty players that always make those things go to waste.

Imagine Nigeria having half if the organization that they have, we would probably be ruling African football by now.

Despite the fact that our league is not great, yet we've done well in this past years in CHAN competitions, even getting to the finals twice in the short span that the competition started.

The SOuth African FA will just be trying but the talent is obviously lacking.

Someone even said that SA can't qualify for any competition unless they host grin
That is how bad it has become

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:02pm On Aug 04, 2019
hahahahahahahahaha
ChrisKels:

Emmyboy reacting to the bolded like...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:05pm On Aug 04, 2019
charlesemeka85:
if he is as good as etebo that means he has the potentials to get better and as well good for us

Yeah

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:05pm On Aug 04, 2019
forgiveness:

That's a good one.

Besides, I thought you never rated Eredivise. What happened?

It is a good developmental league and these are young players.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:05pm On Aug 04, 2019
forgiveness:

Where?

Europe but i dont know the destination
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 7:11pm On Aug 04, 2019
timay:

SA is like an olodo child , no matter the amount of Extra lesson teachers the patent gets for him,he will always fail in class.

the south African FA is one of the most organized , if not the most organized in Africa. Administratively, the got everything right. They have the best facilities, good leagues and the likes,but they have shitty players that always make those things go to waste.

Imagine Nigeria having half if the organization that they have, we would probably be ruling African football by now.

Despite the fact that our league is not great, yet we've done well in this past years in CHAN competitions, even getting to the finals twice in the short span that the competition started.

The SOuth African FA will just be trying but the talent is obviously lacking.

Someone even said that SA can't qualify for any competition unless they host grin
That is how bad it has become

So much for Best players in Africa and no African country can defeat you

It's Mahrez !!!! And the Lord's work was done on the Lord's day several weeks ago but that pain inflicted on them felt like the Philistines capturing the Jebusites

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPloPt16k2g

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:13pm On Aug 04, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Sorry bro but the policy never changes. Rohr is similar to sir Westerhof in one aspect. Just like Westerhof, he doesn't invite new players unless they are improvements on what he has already. We dont want another Etebo, we want an upgrade on Etebo, and if Aribo doesnt promise that, forget it.

We need players that can bring something different from what we have already
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:22pm On Aug 04, 2019
the etebo you are castigating was our best midfielder at the world cup and the just concluded afcon. mikel have retired and ogu is likely not to get a call up again so i see no reason rohr will ignore aribo if he is as good as etebo.

if we had another midfielder in the mold of etebo i doubt him and ndidi would have been over worked during afcon
ChrisKels:

Sorry bro but the policy never changes. Rohr is similar to sir Westerhof in one aspect. Just like Westerhof, he doesn't invite new players unless they are improvements on what he has already. We dont want another Etebo, we want an upgrade on Etebo, and if Aribo doesnt promise that, forget it.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:24pm On Aug 04, 2019
and atleast we have a capable replacement to rely on if etebo gets injured
ChrisKels:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:45pm On Aug 04, 2019
tbaba1234:

It is a good developmental league and these are young players.

But you never said this when Ajagun played there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:46pm On Aug 04, 2019
andrew444:

Europe but i dont know the destination

Okay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:47pm On Aug 04, 2019
Aug scores for Arsenal. 1 nut.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:48pm On Aug 04, 2019
charlesemeka85:
and atleast we have a capable replacement to rely on if etebo gets injured

Azubuike is there

Now someone said he is just a taller etebo

Shebi you said Aribo brings something different ?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:49pm On Aug 04, 2019
forgiveness:
Aug scores for Arsenal. 1 nut.

Arsenal vs Barca ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:52pm On Aug 04, 2019
charlesemeka85:
the etebo you are castigating was our best midfielder at the world cup and the just concluded afcon. mikel have retired and ogu is likely not to get a call up again so i see no reason rohr will ignore aribo if he is as good as etebo.

if we had another midfielder in the mold of etebo i doubt him and ndidi would have been over worked during afcon

I have no problem if rohr calls aribo

But are you sure rohr will look at the Scottish league ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:53pm On Aug 04, 2019
andrew444:

Arsenal vs Barca ?

Yes!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:59pm On Aug 04, 2019
you can't judge with a single match which i doubt if the reporter saw the full match. moreover etebo is among the finest we can boast of in the midfield in europe so if aribo is as good as etebo he is then good addition to the eagles set up.

i have seen him play before coming up with my verdict. this lad is a diamond in the rough and my greatest happiness is the leap he has made so far in his young career with the tendency to get better in the nearest future. from what i noticed in his game he is an explosive midfielder with strength and good skill set. if rangers are not convinced with what he has to offer i doubt he will be getting 20k pounds weekly which is a huge sum for a player coming straight from league 1.

and not only that he has been ever present pick for the gaffer right from preseasons games and uel qualifiers till today he debuted in the league. lets wait and watch how things unfold though but from my observation so far the lad will be a gret addition to our team
andrew444:

Azubuike is there

Now someone said he is just a taller etebo

Shebi you said Aribo brings something different ?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:02pm On Aug 04, 2019
It's okay. I commend your attempt at gentlemanliness. But you must understand that we cannot exactly boast a super credible replacement at this very moment. What we have are high class youngsters that can and will grow into the role of lead strikers.
For now, only Iheanacho comes close to replacing him because of his GWG stats.
But personally, I believe Osimhen is the man for the Job. Iheanacho will play second fiddle or likely be a worthy competition to Osimhen. Also, Nacho offers us something different and could still drop to SS depending on formation.

In the long run, I believe Osimhen will fill in those boots and make them even bigger. The Likes of Awoniyi, Okereke, Odey also offer hopes. Onuachu and Kayode are also on the fringes.

NB: I thought it was your normal drunken way of replying posts na... because you suppose reason say our finest options are young.

MetalJigsaw:
I'm amazed such a reckless output of trash is coming from a regarded individual like you in this forum.
...A credible replacement for Ighalo is what I'm talking about, man. Comprehend my write up and stop looking for cheap likes Mr Nerd.

NTC: I tried really hard to be gentlemanly because say an u o. it's unusual of me
[sub][/sub]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:02pm On Aug 04, 2019
charlesemeka85:
you can't judge with a single match which i doubt if the reporter saw the full match. moreover etebo is among the finest we can boast of in the midfield in europe so if aribo is as good as etebo he is then good addition to the eagles set up.

i have seen him play before coming up with my verdict. this lad is a diamond in the rough and my greatest happiness is the leap he has made so far in his young career with the tendency to get better in the nearest future. from what i noticed in his game he is an explosive midfielder with strength and good skill set. if rangers are not convinced with what he has to offer i doubt he will be getting 20k pounds weekly with a huge some for a player coming straight from league 1.

and not only that he has been ever present pick for the gaffer right from preseasons games and uel qualifiers till today he debuted in the league. lets wait and watch how things unfold though but from my observation so far the lad will be a gret addition to our team

Am not judging o bro

You should know better sha seems you always follow the guy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:04pm On Aug 04, 2019
if rangers makes it to uel league group phase and he performs well i see no reason why he wont get a look in. if a players from the Israeli league have been given a chance i see no reason why a good performer from the scottish league in a position where we lack quality personnel wont get a chance. moreover he plays for Glasgow Rangers which with celtic are the finest in the Scottish top flight not kilmanock,hearts or falkirk
andrew444:

I have no problem if rohr calls aribo

But are you sure rohr will look at the Scottish league ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:06pm On Aug 04, 2019
Danielnino00:

Does the Scottish league still air on startimes?
Yeah
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:07pm On Aug 04, 2019
yea bro i dey respond people wey dey yarn like say we get midfielders in man city,madrid and barca hahahahahahahahaha
andrew444:

Am not judging o bro

You should know better sha seems you always follow the guy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:07pm On Aug 04, 2019
forgiveness:

But you never said this when Ajagun played there.

That has always been my view of the league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:07pm On Aug 04, 2019
forgiveness:

How old is Simy NWANKWO? 27 years

How old is Anthony UJAH? 28 Years

Too much double standard and hypocrisy here.

When last did you see me mention Simeon Nwankwo in any discussions here?

You have started again with your diversionary tactics.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6779) (6780) (6781) (6782) (6783) (6784) (6785) ... (16194) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ayodun1, elyte89, charlesemeka85(m), ChrisKels and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.