Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7092) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11613022 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7089) (7090) (7091) (7092) (7093) (7094) (7095) ... (16126) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:30pm On Sep 12, 2019
Humility017:

please Salisu Yusuf...is way better than Imama a thousand times...

the man obviously has repent of his sins.and has also learnt a bitter lesson...
so I trust him to call up players on merit henceforth and shun bribe taking and corruption for at least the next 2-3 years and that will be a huge plus....

for Imama only God knows...I won't say much...just wish all.indigenous coaches including siasia can be served Yusuf treatment...that will go a long way reset their brain

WELCOME BACK COACH SALISU YUSUF...
I PREFER YOU TO IMAMA WHO SO MUCH DELIGHT IN LOOSING AWAY MATCHES... to Africa inter-house sport teams

You are worse than the indigenous coaches you talk about. U should be ashamed of this post. I was even expecting you to say this was a joke but chai!!!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 7:32pm On Sep 12, 2019
andrew444:

Chelsea no get sense be that

I wont call mohammed salah a flop at chelsea, he was not given a fair chance , how many games did he start out of his 13 epl games if i may ask that you consider him a flop?

I am happy for him because the arrogant British media can now keep their mouth shut, they are so quick to label a player flop

Salah was labeled a flop because he had high expectations on him before joining, with people comparing him to Messi

If Pepe scores 5 goals at the end of the season with Arsenal he will be labeled a flop

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:32pm On Sep 12, 2019
I hope we lose every single one of our sponsors if this decision stands. What are we teaching our children? I am utterly disgusted no cap.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:51pm On Sep 12, 2019
Earthquake1:

Salah was labeled a flop because he had high expectations on him before joining, with people comparing him to Messi

If Pepe scores 5 goals at the end of the season with Arsenal he will be labeled a flop

Lol even me i wont defend pepe if he scores 5 goals, 80 million is a whole lot of money

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:52pm On Sep 12, 2019
Earthquake1:

Tammy joined a sinking ship at Swansea, He went to Aston Villa and performed, Huddersfield and Wolves wanted him but Chelsea rejected

As for Piazon we don't know the contents of his contract that may prevent him from forcing a move

Anyway you have a good point

But me i am just trying to say loan doesnt kill a player sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:15pm On Sep 12, 2019
We still need Musa in the starting XI because you can't teach speed and experience.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:16pm On Sep 12, 2019
andrew444:

Lol even me i wont defend pepe if he scores 5 goals, 80 million is a whole lot of money

I won't blame the boy because he didn't force arsenal to spend Wilfred Zaha's money on him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Prectega(m): 8:23pm On Sep 12, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
We still need Musa in the starting XI because you can't teach speed and experience.

For what exactly ?.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:26pm On Sep 12, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Starting eleven...a big no... As a 75min sub yes

He can come in to replace any of our tiring winger ,to run at d tired opposition defenders to wreack havoc,dts If he puts on his thinking cap..cos musa at times dey play like one thing wey I knw sabi grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:37pm On Sep 12, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

We looked so dangerous with Kalu, Chukwueze and Osimhen. I feel Musa should come in as a sub.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:38pm On Sep 12, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

I won't blame the boy because he didn't force arsenal to spend Wilfred Zaha's money on him.

Lol thats true, i prays he comes so good
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:39pm On Sep 12, 2019
tbaba1234:

We looked so dangerous with Kalu, Chukwueze and Osimhen. I feel Musa should come in as a sub.

Expecially that kalu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:39pm On Sep 12, 2019
elyte89:

Starting eleven...a big no... As a 75min sub yes

He can come in to replace any of our tiring winger ,to run at d tired opposition defenders to wreack havoc,dts If he puts on his thinking cap..cos musa at times dey play like one thing wey I knw sabi grin

I disagree but I can see where you are coming from
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:42pm On Sep 12, 2019
tbaba1234:

Yes we looked unplayable at times but Musa is even faster and a better goal getter than any one of them for Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Godsfavour78: 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2019
tbaba1234:

Another game where we enjoyed quick transitions was the Argentinian friendly. A key reason for that was John Ogu, because he lets the ball go quickly. Ogu lacks the mobility of Aribo though.
funny enough from the highlights of the goals it seems ndidi played the key role in transition.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:00pm On Sep 12, 2019
Godsfavour78:
funny enough from the highlights of the goals it seems ndidi played the key role in transition.

Yes, Ndidi did very well in that match.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Godsfavour78: 9:00pm On Sep 12, 2019
Earthquake1:

Wow your first music is 'Konji'
another marlian musician grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by topsquino(m): 9:01pm On Sep 12, 2019
Earthquake1:

Wow your first music is 'Konji'

Kindly listen it and let me know what you think
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:03pm On Sep 12, 2019
Danielnino00:

Aribo is good but I don't think he will displace Etebo any time soon.. Etebo is well suited for Africa football.. Pace,stamina,power.. He has it all...

I like Etebo l watched him from his Warri Wolves days and consider him the most consistent performer in recent times.

However, he doesn't have it all.

His offensive play has not been up to scratch and his limited passing range. How many goals had he scored in the championship so far❓

He still needs to add goals to his midfield play.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:11pm On Sep 12, 2019
charlesemeka85:
You re right. It will take aribo time to get use to the physical style of African football but I think playing in the lower leagues in England prepared him for that.

I think against African opposition Rohr will go for ndidi and etebo for now which is understandable till aribo gets accustomed to the rigors of African football.

Against Europeans or South Americans I will prefer aribo to start. Another player that will do well against teams from the above mentioned continents is ejaria.

I disagree completely with you.

Pounded Yam is Pounded Yam whether you eat it at Obalende or Peckham.

When Danny Shittu came to the SE what did he need to learn. Or l could mention Etuhu. Both of them physically domineering.

When l said that Sadiq Umar would struggle in league one l was given dogs abuse. But that's now proven. Was he Umar not playing Africa football.

In terms of strength it's not necessarily size but muscle intensity. That's why l keep saying Oviemuno is deceptively strong. He is not easily bullied off the ball.

In term of Physicallity l don't think anyone in the current SE will contend with Chuks Aneke.

The lower leagues in English football are very physical and rough. Aribo will hold his own against anybody in the upcoming AFCON. In my opinion Ndidi is not necessarily physically stronger than Aribo.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:14pm On Sep 12, 2019
charlesemeka85:
I just pray we get the likes of Ehizibue, ejaria, Eze, lookman, any of tomori or uduokhai to fortify the team.

Here is my best 23 team squad moving forward(players yet to be cleared for us inclusive)

Goal keepers
Francis uzoho- Famagusta (cyprious)
Okechukwu ezenwa- heartland(nig)
Maduka Okoye- Fortuna 2(ger)

Defenders
Troost ekong- udinese(ita)
Ola aina- torino(ita)
Tomori- chelsea(eng)
Kenneth omeruo- leganes(spa)
Chidozie awaziem- leganes(spa)
Collins jamilu- paderborn(ger)
Kingsley Ehizibue- koln(ger)

Midfielders
Alex Iwobi- everton(eng)
Wilfred ndidi- leicester(eng)
Oghenekaro etebo- Stoke city(eng)
Joe aribo- Glasgow rangers(scot)
Ebere eze- queens Park rangers(epl)

Forwards
Victor oshimeh- lille(fra)
Samuel kalu- bordeux(fra)
Samuel Chukwueze- villarael(spa)
Ademola lookman- leipzig(ger)
David Okereke- club brugge(bel)
Henry onyekuru- monaco(fra)
Paul onuachu- racing genk(bel)

Can't disagree with much you have said just one thing remove Jamilu Collins he's not good enough.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:17pm On Sep 12, 2019
charlesemeka85:
When it comes to issues I refuse to be sentimental even if pple don't agree on my opinion.

I am an aribo fan which is well known here but it doesn't hinder me from accepting the fact that he needs time to get to use to the super eagles style of play and that of opposing teams from the African terrain which he has never faced and experienced before.

One question for you to ponder.

How long did Ebuehi and Aina need to get use to the rigours of African football.

Considering that Aina was our best defender at the just concluded AFCON.

Maybe you should change your view.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 9:25pm On Sep 12, 2019
komekn:

Can't disagree with much you have said just one thing remove Jamilu Collins he's not good enough.

Jamilu is playing at the highest level of German league

He'll come good

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2019
komekn:

How long did Ebuehi and Aina need to get use to the rigours of African football.

Did you just finish a write up without capital letters?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:30pm On Sep 12, 2019
Meliforme:
I do not need a player to come into limelight before i provide a highlight. The qualities listed inter alia are in the comparative with Ndidi, Etebo and Aribo on the scale. Meanwhile, he plays for Istanbul Basaksehir in the Turkish elite league on loan.

Have you watched him in training?
Have you watched him play live??
Have you spoken to his coaches
Have you watched him over a good period?
Have you considered his positioning in his team parent and loan.??
Have you done comparative analysis of league and club

Finally what is his parent club and why is he not playing thier is it Barcelona or Real or Juventus❓

Because if he was so good why would his parent club send him on loan.

Or because you have seen him it is enough to recommend him. Give us detail with substantive commentary about his unique selling points and attributes.

You use the word highlight but you have not PROVIDED ANY WHATSOEVER beyond he plays for Basaksehir.

Back to you please.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:32pm On Sep 12, 2019
komekn:

From start to finish Omeruo was our best defender.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:38pm On Sep 12, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

From start to finish Omeruo was our best defender.

According to you.

But according to AFCON statistics it was Aina he was the only one nominated into the AFCON 11.

My opinion is that Omeruo is a very average defender he may indeed be our best CB but he still very average.

His time is limited once Tomori arrives well he position will be to watch Tomori.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:42pm On Sep 12, 2019
tbaba1234:
NFF announces return of Salisu Yusuf, thanks Imama for services as Olympic Eagles Coach

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have announced the return of suspended Coach Salisu Yusuf, who served a one-year ban for receiving bribe while in-charge of the Home based Eagles.

Yusuf was laid off for a year and fined US$5000 for accepting a “cash gift” of $1000 to select and field two players during Nigeria’s 2018 African Nations Championship in Morocco.

The 57 year-old served his suspension between September 2018 and 2019.

In a statement on Thursday, the NFF confirmed the Coach’s return.

Previously, Yusuf was in charge of the Home Eagles and also the Head Coach of the Olympic Eagles.

During the period of his ban, Imama Amapakabo served in his stead as Head Coach and assistant to Gernot Rohr in the senior men’s national team.

The NFF statement reads:

Meanwhile, the Nigeria Football Federation has noted that the Chief Coach of the Super Eagles, Salisu Yusuf has now fully served the one –year suspension clamped on him last year.

The Federation thanked Coach Imama Amapakabo for his sterling efforts while in charge of the U23 National Team in the absence of the suspended Yusuf, and for eventually seeing to the team’s qualification for the U23 AFCON.

Although the NFF is yet to confirm Yusuf will return to all his previous roles, besides as Super Eagles Chief Coach, it is believed he will take over Nigeria’s preparation for the Africa U23 Cup of Nations.

Source:BrilaFM
Disgraceful from NFF. Salisu should never be allowed to coach again for this nonsense.
Pinnick can be so annoying at times. He should've made an example out of Salisu.
One year suspension only to return to his 2m a month job. Seriously??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:46pm On Sep 12, 2019
edi287:

Disgraceful from NFF. Salisu should never be allowed to coach again for this nonsense.
Pinnick can be so annoying at times. He should've made an example out of Salisu.
One year suspension only to return to his 2m a month job. Seriously??

NFF tried na..at least dey suspended him for a year, wc I think its OK..now d searchlight is on him,any oda mistake from him,will.lead to outright dismissal... We can't throw d baby out with d bathwater.. At least its under pinnick we got to knw coaches/officials take kickbacks,back in d days,wey we no dey c evidence nko, grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:47pm On Sep 12, 2019
Earthquake1:

Jamilu is playing at the highest level of German league

He'll come good

Playing at the highest level doesn't mean you personally are at the highest level. That's misinterpretation of the facts.

He wasn't good before he arrived at the Bundesliga 1 and he will not become good because he now there.

In all honesty watching him play he will struggle in league one of England. He is simply not good enough all he has going for him is that he is naturally left footed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7089) (7090) (7091) (7092) (7093) (7094) (7095) ... (16126) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ddone, lbrichman2, robosky02(m), opes, lordofstrings and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.