Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7095) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11745396 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7092) (7093) (7094) (7095) (7096) (7097) (7098) ... (16179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:24pm On Sep 13, 2019
charlesemeka85:
ajagun is not good enuf, its better to play esiti as a 10 than inviting ajagun cool

the team is moving forward not backwards cheesy

When I saw this list, I can see the team is moving forward INDEED. grin

Hehehehehehe. grin

charlesemeka85:
I just pray we get the likes of Ehizibue, ejaria, Eze, lookman, any of tomori or uduokhai to fortify the team.

Here is my best 23 team squad moving forward(players yet to be cleared for us inclusive)

Goal keepers
Francis uzoho- Famagusta (cyprious)
Okechukwu ezenwa- heartland(nig)
Maduka Okoye- Fortuna 2(ger)

Defenders
Troost ekong- udinese(ita)
Ola aina- torino(ita)
Tomori- chelsea(eng)
Kenneth omeruo- leganes(spa)
Chidozie awaziem- leganes(spa)
Collins jamilu- paderborn(ger)
Kingsley Ehizibue- koln(ger)

Midfielders
Alex Iwobi- everton(eng)
Wilfred ndidi- leicester(eng)
Oghenekaro etebo- Stoke city(eng)
Joe aribo- Glasgow rangers(scot)
Ebere eze- queens Park rangers(epl)

Forwards
Victor oshimeh- lille(fra)
Samuel kalu- bordeux(fra)
Samuel Chukwueze- villarael(spa)
Ademola lookman- leipzig(ger)
David Okereke- club brugge(bel)
Henry onyekuru- monaco(fra)
Paul onuachu- racing genk(bel)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 1:28pm On Sep 13, 2019
oloriooko:

shocked shocked shocked shocked Is he planning to retire early?

He's investing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:31pm On Sep 13, 2019
charlesemeka85:
ajagun is not good enuf, its better to play esiti as a 10 than inviting ajagun cool

the team is moving forward not backwards cheesy

Chaaaiii... how did I miss this earlier? Rather play Esiti as #10 than inviting Ajagun??
Hian... Charles... this is really beyond...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:32pm On Sep 13, 2019
What do you think about his list? Any subtractions or additions on your part? wink

forgiveness:

Hehehehehehe. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:34pm On Sep 13, 2019
smiley the list won't make sense to u cus the likes of ajagun, Babatunde, kayode and awoniyi were not included. cool

Like i told u few months ago ajagun and kayode now plays for benin republic and likely to pay us back on our own coin during the afcon qualifiers grin
forgiveness:

Hehehehehehe. grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:34pm On Sep 13, 2019
cheesy
TheSuperNerd:

Chaaaiii... how did I miss this earlier? Rather play Esiti as #10 than inviting Ajagun??
Hian... Charles... this is really beyond...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:36pm On Sep 13, 2019
Icon4s:

Bros e be like say you no wan enjoy this weekend. grin grin grin grin

As in eh... Charles dey find trouble ooo... imagine using Esiti as a bar against Ajagun... Forgiveness go just come for you like...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:37pm On Sep 13, 2019
charlesemeka85:
smiley the list won't make sense to u cus the likes of ajagun, Babatunde, kayode and awoniyi were not included. cool

Like i told u few months ago ajagun and kayode now plays for benin republic and likely to pay us back on our own coin during the afcon qualifiers grin

Waka there!! Ubanka!! grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 1:38pm On Sep 13, 2019
oloriooko:

And Esiti that was supposed to be a cover was too easily disposed which led to the second goal.
Anyway, Etebo stays while Esiti goes until we get a better player

It's not as if I want Etebo out entirely, what I really want is for him to stop holding the ball unnecessarily especially in cases where he could have just given a pass to an unmarked mate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:40pm On Sep 13, 2019
cheesy
ChrisKels:

Waka there!! Ubanka!! grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:41pm On Sep 13, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Taaa... comon shatap dia!!! Loll.. We go still crush them like that... grin grin

We are...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:42pm On Sep 13, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
It Was Like Watching Brazil Play – Ukrainian Journalist On Super Eagles First Half Display In Draw Against Ukraine

A lot of people who watched the Super Eagles of Nigeria against Ukraine were left surprised the way the Nigerian team took the game to the host team in the opening 45 minutes which ended with Nigeria leading 2-0.

The game ended in a 2-2 draw with Ukraine scoring twice in the second half but according to Ukrainian Journalist Stanislav Roman, the first half performance of the Super Eagles is similar to watching Brazil in full flow.

Roman said the way the Nigerians were confident on the ball and also the running off it left the backline of Ukraine confused and even coach of the team Andriy Shevchenko admitted after the game that his wards couldn’t keep up with the pace of the Nigerians.

He said the trio of Samuel Chukwueze, Samuel Kalu and Victor Osimhen can wreck any team in the world if they play with such neck breaking speed as seen in the first half of the draw against Ukraine two days ago.

”It was like watching Brazil play to be honest. That was the best 45 minutes any team can ever wish for. They were not just good on the ball but off it they kept making runs that left the defence of Ukraine confused.
The front three can trouble any team with the pace with which they played the first 45 minutes “, Roman told Owngoalnigeria.com.

”They probably got tired in the second half but if not for the chances they fail to convert they would have rounded up the game before the first goal scored by Ukraine. Ukraine national team were taught a very good lesson by the Nigerians “.

Source: OGN

***This is an Ukrainian and European bowing to the Powers and unlimited mad potentials of the KOC...***

Fake news, fabricated by an overzealous writer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:43pm On Sep 13, 2019
Oga it is not fake. This one is true. Shevy did commend the pace of our attack from another interview and that is what the writer referred to. Not all OGN news is fake as I have since already discovered.

Also they gave the name of the journalist they spoke to. Stop rubbishing some people's works based on one bad work they have had before.

ChrisKels:

Fake news, fabricated by an overzealous writer

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:43pm On Sep 13, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Emeka..............this table you are shaking

I repeat e be like say you no wan enjoy this weekend grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:43pm On Sep 13, 2019
With ajagun and kayode in their ranks I doubt if we can subdue them. Remember the duo are only next to Messi and ronaldo cheesy
TheSuperNerd:

Taaa... comon shatap dia!!! Loll.. We go still crush them like that... grin grin

We are...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:43pm On Sep 13, 2019
cheesy
Icon4s:

Emeka..............this table you are shaking

I repeat e be like say you no wan enjoy this weekend grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 1:48pm On Sep 13, 2019
junnyjake:

It's not as if I want Etebo out entirely, what I really want is for him to stop holding the ball unnecessarily especially in cases where he could have just given a pass to an unmarked mate.

That thing drives me crazy, he doesn't pass the ball until there are 2 or 3 players haggling him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:53pm On Sep 13, 2019
charlesemeka85:
With ajagun and kayode in their ranks I doubt if we can subdue them. Remember the duo are only next to Messi and ronaldo cheesy

Bia this man.... iffa catch you ehn....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:56pm On Sep 13, 2019
guy lol grin your matter be like nigerian political parties when they win in court "it is a victory for democracy" when they lose "the judiciary is compromised"

simon is decent but kalu and chukwueze are ahead of him in the pecking order

Azubuike and Ramon are options to be looked but my personal opinion of both of them is i don't know if they will improve the team as it is. i'll be happy to be proven wrong

olanrewaju? grin grin grin grin

as for your MCM Ajagun you sha know how i rate him

forgiveness:
Fact finding.

Simon Moses is not attack minded. He can't dribble. Blah blah blah. angry Why d lie na? grin

Stats don't lie. grin Few games but still better. grin

Why mention Azubike Okechukwu when we have Ramon Azeez doing better in la Liga? Should I start mentioning Olanrewaju na, heaven go fall. grin

With few minutes Ramon Azeez is still better.

Abdul Ajagun is the only AMF in a top league but coach no wan test am. It seems you must belong to one cartel before you get a look. How Bonaventure take get invitation to the national team baffles me after Rohr made us believe he doesn't rate Belgium league. I even saw one player from the Greek's league make list.

Selective selection is all I see. Rohr is never in charge.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:57pm On Sep 13, 2019
abi o rohr will have sleepless nights drawing tactical plans to subdue two of them

charlesemeka85:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:15pm On Sep 13, 2019
lolz
TheSuperNerd:

Bia this man.... iffa catch you ehn....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:15pm On Sep 13, 2019
any one will do lmao
chrisooblog:
abi o rohr will have sleepless nights drawing tactical plans to subdue two of them

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 2:20pm On Sep 13, 2019
Earthquake1:

That thing drives me crazy, he doesn't pass the ball until there are 2 or 3 players haggling him

I thought I was the only one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:51pm On Sep 13, 2019
chrisooblog:
guy lol grin your matter be like nigerian political parties when they win in court "it is a victory for democracy" when they lose "the judiciary is compromised"

simon is decent but kalu and chukwueze are ahead of him in the pecking order

Azubuike and Ramon are options to be looked but my personal opinion of both of them is i don't know if they will improve the team as it is. i'll be happy to be proven wrong

olanrewaju? grin grin grin grin

as for your MCM Ajagun you sha know how i rate him

Yes! Kalu is ahead of Moses, yes! ONLY on THIS THREAD and in YOUR DREAMS. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:54pm On Sep 13, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Kalu has won two penalties for the national team. Both were converted. He also gave the assist for the goal against SA in the Afcon qualifiers. The goal that was turned in. All in 10 appearances so far.

Chuks also has 10 appearances so his assists will come.

Musa has well over 80 caps for the NT. And he didn't get his first goal until his 10th cap. Even his first assist came in his 21st cap and he bagged 3 assists that day.

Meanwhile Chuks and Kalu already have a goal each in 10 caps respectively.

Musa wasn't a starter until the 2014 world cup. Kalu and Samu have been starting since they came in the team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:56pm On Sep 13, 2019
Somebody wants me to believe OKEREKE and ONUACHU are Ronaldo and Messi incantation abi na wetin dem call am? Bhuhahahaha! angry grin

I know such peeps should not be taken seriously. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 3:07pm On Sep 13, 2019
junnyjake:
Etebo was at fault for both of the goals we conceded.

He's still one player I can't see how productive he's been for the team all these while.

I thot i was the only one who noticed. Especially the 2nd goal.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:12pm On Sep 13, 2019
and we will rather take peeps that agitate for the inclusion of ajagun and kayode more serious cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
forgiveness:
Somebody wants me to believe OKEREKE and ONUACHU are Ronaldo and Messi incantation abi na wetin dem call am? Bhuhahahaha! angry grin

I know such peeps should not be taken seriously. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:17pm On Sep 13, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Your opinion is as good as a 10 naira bill in a million dollar discussion. Whoscored ranked Omeruo above every other Nigerian throughout the competition so where have you been?

It's matter of who you want to put as being more authoritative AFCON or whoscored.

The choice is yours either way it's flawed because consider how many games Aina played and his stats exceeded Omeruo who played if I'm right all the games in the AFCON.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 3:21pm On Sep 13, 2019
#

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:22pm On Sep 13, 2019
charlesemeka85:
and we will rather take peeps that agitate for the inclusion of ajagun and kayode more serious cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Only a novice will even compare underachievers like OKEREKE and ONUACHU with Olanrewaju in football. grin

It's Nigeria were brains are taken over by SENTIMENTS rather than OBJECTIVE REASONING BACKED WITH FACTS. grin

You are actually one of them else give us facts how these players are better. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:22pm On Sep 13, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Musa's days in the super eagles are numbered. The guy was the weakest link at the afcon. His is fast but lacks football brains. If musa was a tricky and classy player the team would have scored tons of goals during the competition.

Him and Simon Moses need to be excused from the team. With the likes chukwueze, kalu, onyekuru, Bonaventure and the possible inclusion of Ademola lookman soon I think we are well covered in the flanks

I don't think so.

A lot of our wingers may not progress to higher levels of football because thier end product is very poor.

Dribbles without end product is just huffing and puffing. Our wingers struggle to put in a basic cross consistently. Then decision making in the last third is poor add to that selfishness.

There it seems is a lack of professionalism so we need better wingers. Musa is still relevant just like i think Victor Moses is till relevant because nobody that's come in is actually clearly better than them.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7092) (7093) (7094) (7095) (7096) (7097) (7098) ... (16179) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Marjoribanks, Joezinho, Ikanium(m), soetanoreoluwa(m), Odunayaw(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.