Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,357 members, 7,812,013 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7093) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11612766 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7090) (7091) (7092) (7093) (7094) (7095) (7096) ... (16126) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 9:49pm On Sep 12, 2019
komekn:

Playing at the highest level doesn't mean you personally are at the highest level. That's misinterpretation of the facts.

He wasn't good before he arrived at the Bundesliga 1 and he will not become good because he now there.

In all honesty watching him play he will struggle in league one of England. He is simply not good enough all he has going for him is that he is naturally left footed.

Because you are his god abi?

Sometimes you say things without thinking

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:50pm On Sep 12, 2019
Please what's this yeye African football some folks keep giving as an excuse to sideline the foreign born players here? African football, yet the best Africa teams still struggle to beat third rated European Teams? My people, it is techniques over physicality.

The Aribo I saw AGAINST UKRAINE is exactly what our midfield needs. If he maintains or improves on his display against Ukraine, which was even his debut, then, Etebo would sit for him. Boy's transition from defense to attack trumps Etebo's, he passes better(goal oriented passes), and above all, he is a goal threat.

I envisage a midfield combo of Ndidi, Aribo and Iwobi in October.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:51pm On Sep 12, 2019
Prectega:
Balogun doesn't make the bench in his club yet he expects to start in the S.E .. Who does that

Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:55pm On Sep 12, 2019
Earthquake1:

Despite many clubs wanting Tammy Abraham, Chelsea kept loaning him

He's lucky for the transfer ban otherwise he would have been on loan at the Dutch league

I know at least 5 EPL clubs s that were lining up and begging to get him on loan.

So why would he end up in the low rated Eredivisie.

Please ❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:56pm On Sep 12, 2019
I think we have the best combinations up front now, all what is needed is to make it less selfish, laced with more precision, then, watch the goals rain. However, ceteris paribus, I would rather Musa, than Simon as the first name of the bench, in subsequent matches.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:59pm On Sep 12, 2019
Against Ukraine, Ekong played his best passes ever, in the Super Eagle's gear.
Who else noticed?

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:00pm On Sep 12, 2019
andrew444:

I agree with tammy abraham

If tammy has impressed at swansea he should been bought since, but tammy is 21 and piazon is 25 already, i know brazillians to be ambitious, why didnt he force a move if i may ask?

Pretty simple he is ambitious and believes he can cut it at Chelsea.

He has scored 4 goals already this season.

Add to that he is probably on at least £60 k a week.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:04pm On Sep 12, 2019
komekn:

Pretty simple he is ambitious and believes he can cut it at Chelsea.

He has scored 4 goals already this season.

Add to that he is probably on at least £60 k a week.

Yes i agree tammy is ambitious and he should also thank lampard for giving him game time, most coaches will rather start bathsuayi, even me as a coach i will start batshuayi , but good one lampard is giving the english youths chances due to the transfer ban

Tammy has done well so far, now i want him to score 15 epl goals at worst this season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:07pm On Sep 12, 2019
ChrisKels:
Against Ukraine, Ekong played his best passes ever, in the Super Eagle's gear.

Who else noticed?

I did... Not a single pass was misplaced.. Semi ajayi gave some misplaced passes putting us under pressure
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by classicmusa96: 10:09pm On Sep 12, 2019
Kindly find the list below as benefits in becoming a Betbonanza agent.

1. Transparent Commission structure
2. High & Better commission structure
3. Free Equipment
4. Assisting entrepreneur in the line of the business
5. Easy access/platform navigation
Better virtual products
6.Highest number of selection on a single ticket
7. Higher maximum winning on sport
8. High, better and best odds
9. Numerous market options
10.Quick Payment of winnings
11. Quick response to queries from our CS team
12. Technical support
13. Your can also withdraw your starting capital fee at anytime you wish unlike other betting company.

TO JOIN US TODAY CALL/WHATSAPP O7O35327522

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:13pm On Sep 12, 2019
komekn:

According to you.

But according to AFCON statistics it was Aina he was the only one nominated into the AFCON 11.

My opinion is that Omeruo is a very average defender he may indeed be our best CB but he still very average.

His time is limited once Tomori arrives well he position will be to watch Tomori.

Your opinion is as good as a 10 naira bill in a million dollar discussion. Whoscored ranked Omeruo above every other Nigerian throughout the competition so where have you been?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 10:15pm On Sep 12, 2019
komekn:

I know at least 5 EPL clubs s that were lining up and begging to get him on loan.

So why would he end up in the low rated Eredivisie.

Please ❓

Chelsea were not willing to sell so they would determine his next destination
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:15pm On Sep 12, 2019
Earthquake1:

Lucas Piazon is no average player, imagine if Salah and De Bruyne had to go through all those loans
They didn't have to go through that because they are quality players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:21pm On Sep 12, 2019
komekn:

One question for you to ponder.

How long did Ebuehi and Aina need to get use to the rigours of African football.

Considering that Aina was our best defender at the just concluded AFCON.

Maybe you should change your view.
No, Awaziem
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chidozieaina: 10:40pm On Sep 12, 2019
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 10:57pm On Sep 12, 2019
Etebo was at fault for both of the goals we conceded.

He's still one player I can't see how productive he's been for the team all these while.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 11:00pm On Sep 12, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Yes we looked unplayable at times but Musa is even faster and a better goal getter than any one of them for Nigeria.

Musa may be faster but is constant swings from good to mediocre performances are disheartening of late. During the last AFCON, is inability to use is left foot even for a decent cutback during counter-attacks were a complete sinking of one's spirit. Musa kept using his outside-of-foot (right foot on the left flank) to make poor & dismaying crosses across goal against Burundi & Guinea. He avoided his left foot in making the simplest of cut back in the opponent's box. He's becoming predictable like Simon thus halting attacking transition.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:09pm On Sep 12, 2019
Musa's days in the super eagles are numbered. The guy was the weakest link at the afcon. His is fast but lacks football brains. If musa was a tricky and classy player the team would have scored tons of goals during the competition.

Him and Simon Moses need to be excused from the team. With the likes chukwueze, kalu, onyekuru, Bonaventure and the possible inclusion of Ademola lookman soon I think we are well covered in the flanks
zoboizee:

Musa may be fast but is constant swings from good to mediocre performances are disheartening of late. During the last AFCON, is inability to use is left foot even for a decent cutback during counter-attacks were a complete sinking of one's spirit. Musa kept using his outside-of-foot (right foot on the left flank) to make poor & dismaying crosses across goal against Burundi & Guinea. He avoided his left foot in making the simplest of cut back in the opponent's box. He's becoming predictable like Simon thus halting attacking transition.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gargoyle: 11:24pm On Sep 12, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

You are worse than the indigenous coaches you talk about. U should be ashamed of this post. I was even expecting you to say this was a joke but chai!!!

Although I don't agree with most of what he said, I think it's a bit harsh to tag him as worse than local coaches. No him opinion.

Tome, both Imams and Salisu are birds of the same feather both tactically and in terms of player selection
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gargoyle: 11:25pm On Sep 12, 2019
Prectega:

For what exactly ?.

Musa's experience: Who e help?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 11:29pm On Sep 12, 2019
komekn:

Have you watched him in training?
Have you watched him play live??
Have you spoken to his coaches
Have you watched him over a good period?
Have you considered his positioning in his team parent and loan.??
Have you done comparative analysis of league and club

Finally what is his parent club and why is he not playing thier is it Barcelona or Real or Juventus❓

Because if he was so good why would his parent club send him on loan.

Or because you have seen him it is enough to recommend him. Give us detail with substantive commentary about his unique selling points and attributes.

You use the word highlight but you have not PROVIDED ANY WHATSOEVER beyond he plays for Basaksehir.

Back to you please.
I do not have to do all those to ascertain that he is a good player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:31pm On Sep 12, 2019
komekn:

I disagree completely with you.

Pounded Yam is Pounded Yam whether you eat it at Obalende or Peckham.

When Danny Shittu came to the SE what did he need to learn. Or l could mention Etuhu. Both of them physically domineering.

When l said that Sadiq Umar would struggle in league one l was given dogs abuse. But that's now proven. Was he Umar not playing Africa football.

In terms of strength it's not necessarily size but muscle intensity. That's why l keep saying Oviemuno is deceptively strong. He is not easily bullied off the ball.

In term of Physicallity l don't think anyone in the current SE will contend with Chuks Aneke.

The lower leagues in English football are very physical and rough. Aribo will hold his own against anybody in the upcoming AFCON. In my opinion Ndidi is not necessarily physically stronger than Aribo.

My brother, oil dey your head.

I agree with you 100%

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 1:35am On Sep 13, 2019
Stephen Gerard on Aribo's Debut

"He was rewarded for his form as a Rangers player. It was his first call-up so it shows you that he's at the right place, playing football at the right level. European football, playing in Old Firms, at last he's being recognised as an international player,"

"They(NFF) must have started watching him since he started playing at Rangers. They must be happy with him playing in Europa League games, playing in front of 51,000".

"I don't know many players in the Championship who are playing for Nigeria."

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 2:03am On Sep 13, 2019
elyte89:

I did... Not a single pass was misplaced.. Semi ajayi gave some misplaced passes putting us under pressure

Ekongs passing from the back is improving every day. I started noticing it from Afcon. In a year or two, he'll become very good at it

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 2:11am On Sep 13, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Yes we looked unplayable at times but Musa is even faster and a better goal getter than any one of them for Nigeria.

Musa may be faster but his passes are bad. Those three upfront passes way better than Musa, and I. such quick transition, you need accurate passes too., cos one misplaced pass can spoil it.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 3:46am On Sep 13, 2019
Rohr's mom just passed away... #RIP

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:04am On Sep 13, 2019
Which OGN correspondent interviewed the Ukrainian coach?
TheSuperNerd:
It Was Like Watching Brazil Play – Ukrainian Journalist On Super Eagles First Half Display In Draw Against Ukraine

A lot of people who watched the Super Eagles of Nigeria against Ukraine were left surprised the way the Nigerian team took the game to the host team in the opening 45 minutes which ended with Nigeria leading 2-0.

The game ended in a 2-2 draw with Ukraine scoring twice in the second half but according to Ukrainian Journalist Stanislav Roman, the first half performance of the Super Eagles is similar to watching Brazil in full flow.

Roman said the way the Nigerians were confident on the ball and also the running off it left the backline of Ukraine confused and even coach of the team Andriy Shevchenko admitted after the game that his wards couldn’t keep up with the pace of the Nigerians.

He said the trio of Samuel Chukwueze, Samuel Kalu and Victor Osimhen can wreck any team in the world if they play with such neck breaking speed as seen in the first half of the draw against Ukraine two days ago.

”It was like watching Brazil play to be honest. That was the best 45 minutes any team can ever wish for. They were not just good on the ball but off it they kept making runs that left the defence of Ukraine confused.
The front three can trouble any team with the pace with which they played the first 45 minutes “, Roman told Owngoalnigeria.com.

”They probably got tired in the second half but if not for the chances they fail to convert they would have rounded up the game before the first goal scored by Ukraine. Ukraine national team were taught a very good lesson by the Nigerians “.

Source: OGN

***This is an Ukrainian and European bowing to the Powers and unlimited mad potentials of the KOC...***
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:07am On Sep 13, 2019
In the first place how many of us here protested that Salisu got only a 1 year ban back then?

tbaba1234:
Are we encouraging bribery by reinstating Salisu?

I mean, he was caught on camera. What precedent does that set? Does it mean that any coach caught taking bribe should expect a slap on the wrist?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:09am On Sep 13, 2019
Makes Pinnick look dirty to me.. and who knows...?
BascoVanVeli:
I hope we lose every single one of our sponsors if this decision stands. What are we teaching our children? I am utterly disgusted no cap.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:10am On Sep 13, 2019
on his good day, simply untouchable.

BascoVanVeli:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:19am On Sep 13, 2019
Agreed
ChrisKels:
Please what's this yeye African football some folks keep giving as an excuse to sideline the foreign born players here? African football, yet the best Africa teams still struggle to beat third rated European Teams? My people, it is techniques over physicality.

The Aribo I saw AGAINST UKRAINE is exactly what our midfield needs. If he maintains or improves on his display against Ukraine, which was even his debut, then, Etebo would sit for him. Boy's transition from defense to attack trumps Etebo's, he passes better(goal oriented passes), and above all, he is a goal threat.

I envisage a midfield combo of Ndidi, Aribo and Iwobi in October.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:22am On Sep 13, 2019
Thank you
gargoyle:

Although I don't agree with most of what he said, I think it's a bit harsh to tag him as worse than local coaches. No him opinion.

Tome, both Imams and Salisu are birds of the same feather both tactically and in terms of player selection

(1) (2) (3) ... (7090) (7091) (7092) (7093) (7094) (7095) (7096) ... (16126) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lbrichman2 and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.