Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,066 members, 7,849,312 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:23 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11855311 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7107) (7108) (7109) (7110) (7111) (7112) (7113) ... (16247) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:02pm On Sep 14, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Tammy is now a three Lions player for sure. Makes the UCL double clashes between Chelsea and Lille all the more exciting to look forward to. Hehehehehehe.... **rubbing palms**

Just for a few games for sure.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kushercain: 10:12pm On Sep 14, 2019
jihday:
Why is he having brain farts? He's been training under pep for about 3 years now, is he not getting enough tactical knowledge?

He's in decline. He hasn't been Pep's first choice for a while now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kushercain: 10:12pm On Sep 14, 2019
safarigirl:
LOL.

My handle on Twitter is mostly dormant o.

I don't post with it, I just retweet and read. Very boring something

Lol, ok.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:13pm On Sep 14, 2019
charlesemeka85:
And who told u any of them is been begged? The nff are doing the right thing by approaching them and await patiently for them to decide what's best for them. Which one is begging?

Average 9ja mentality lolz, over pride dey worry us no be small lolz
I think he knows what he's saying.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:18pm On Sep 14, 2019
tbaba1234:

Ha, you have seen the light..

He's taken his game a notch up from what I saw of him in the first half of last season, where he was equally good but faded away even before the ovations. He looks the real deal now, and gonna maintain this form
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:29pm On Sep 14, 2019
andrew444:

I dont want to see etebo in the championship next season , simple

Yes Abraham is no where near the level of KC till KC began to flop, dont make it look like Abraham has always been better than KC

One thing i want from you is the truth but you wont speak as you are always bias, Abraham is better than KC right now, even a Belgium league striker is better than KC let alone an EPL , but Abraham has never been a better player than KC till let me say last season

What's your definition of truth ❓ Something that lines up with your opinion.

So let's try and be as objective as possible considering matters from a circumstantial perspective.

So we have to go back in time for perspective sake.

Both Tega and KC played in the thier respective youth academies and EPL youth leagues. Can l ask you who was the top goal scorer at academy level❓ Tega or KC. ❓ ❓ That's a factual truth, to be factual Tega scored in 74 goals in 98 youth games. So at youth level Tega was ahead.

Tega first professional season in football seen him top the Championship as a teenager. He was in Bristol City in 2016/17

KC played two seasons for Manchester city, 26 games in the 2015/16 season scoring 8 goals. In the 2016/17 season he played 20 games scoring 4 times.

Statistics can be used to portray about anything particularly if not taken in context. Many have used time on the pitch not number of games played to deduce that he was the best finisher in Europe. That's misleading because if there was any substance to the proposition then now that he is spending more time on the pitch he should be scoring more goals. But 4 goals in two seasons and 51 games tells the story but not one of excellence. The proposition therefore fails completely IMO .

My view is that is somewhat misleading. Particularly when you consider he is coming in at the tale end of games when your opponents is inclined to be tired and weary. Add to that being surrounded by world class players to create multiple chances for you.

I reiterate what l said years ago that the true test of KC quality is when he goes to a club that doesn't have the same level of quality players supporting him.

I compared Tega Abrahams to KC then not on performance but INHERENT ATTRIBUTES and what competitive advantage those attributes give to you.

But all these consideration are based on the ability to be a No.9. A stand alone striker playing upfront.

This is where KC has his biggest problem, he has no clear identity but is put forward as a striker. He neither has the attributes to be a modern day.

Tega brings physicality hold up play excellent finishing high level skill and Aerial dominance with superiority in the 1 on 1 plays and a good turn of pace with proficiency with both feet.

Tega has dominated at Championship level had a minor blip on relegation fighting side Swansea. But that's more about the very poor ream.

We have more contention and confusion with KC. He isn't particularly good on 1 on 1 dominance and skill set though good is not exceptional. He has has no aerial dominance, no physicality, pace is good but he is too heavily left foot biased although that left foot is seemingly excellent. Is he Striker, a SS, AM. Man city let him go despite our protestations here that Gabriel, Raheem were not better than him.

The main difference between Tega apart from thier attributes is one big word OPPORTUNITY Tega was denied opportunity at Chelsea on the other hand KC was given OPPORTUNITY but failed to capitalise and progress. On the other hand Tega had to earn his OPPORTUNITY by performing at the Championship level.

So at what stage was KC better than him ❓ I don't look at KC in Isolation and create a unit of measurement to assess him alone. But matters must be looked upon in general comparison irrespective of his personal circumstances.

Today Tega scored a hat trick his value is now rocketing upwards.

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:35pm On Sep 14, 2019
And what was he talking about?
MetalJigsaw:
I think he knows what he's saying.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:49pm On Sep 14, 2019
edi287:

Only way Musa is benching him is by the "experience" talk
someone that is warming bench at Leipzig, how do you know he's better than Musa?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:53pm On Sep 14, 2019
Sportilitica:

I think the quote against Safarigirl was uncalled for. She probably was refering to the fantasy league she plays and going against here without understanding her post was not fair. It would not be out of place to accept you erred here and apologize. I think you both need to sheath your swords. This is a faceless forum.

First, of all if you can find one post on this forum where I have used profane language. l will apologise with monetary restitution.

There is no rancour on my part what so ever and no sword has been drawn that needs to be sheathed.

I simply don't expect anybody to use profanities in thier write ups, irrespective of the provocation. That's what l pointed out as unbecoming of anybody but more so of a lady.

And expressed sad dissapointment.

She reiterated that was the language of football and being in England l should know that.

I went a bit personal by explaining that behaviour is no longer acceptable and the norm and gave personsl examples to buttress my experiential view that has now been misconstrued as posturing and some sort of hype by a few.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:56pm On Sep 14, 2019
Today Ebere Eze was on fire.

Must we wait for him to become a nuclear bomb before we cap him.

I was very impressed by his ability to shoot at 25 yards plus instinctively with both feet.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:58pm On Sep 14, 2019
komekn:

First, of all if you can find one post on this forum where I have used profane language. l will apologise with monetary restitution.

There is no rancour on my part what so ever and no sword has been drawn that needs to be sheathed.

I simply don't expect anybody to use profanities in thier write ups, irrespective of the provocation. That's what l pointed out as unbecoming of anybody but more so of a lady.

And expressed sad dissapointment.

She reiterated that was the language of football and being in England l should know that.

I went a bit personal by explaining that behaviour is no longer acceptable and the norm and gave personsl examples to buttress my experiential view that has now been misconstrued as posturing and some sort of hype by a few.

nothing you said here is in relation to what he said

You misjudged the post and acted on emotive bias, but your pride will never allow you accept your own gaffe, so, you just resort to discombobulating small minds with overbloated English and rigmarolling to avoid the sad fact, that indeed, you gaffed. The profanity was not your issue, if I had used profane language on Iheanacho, you would have danced right past it, but because your darling Abraham was the target, you rushed to quote.

That is quite sad, but expected.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:03pm On Sep 14, 2019
Saw the goal and it was a cracker, I think the Bobo Don over ripe to make the super eagles team
komekn:

I was very impressed by his ability to shoot at 25 yards plus instinctively with both feet.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:07pm On Sep 14, 2019
Ansu fatu that is not having a market value few days ago is now having his first market value at 25 million euros

Wow

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:08pm On Sep 14, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Saw the goal and it was a cracker, I think the Bobo Don over ripe to make the super eagles team

I am very sure we'll loose this lad....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:10pm On Sep 14, 2019
ChrisKels:

He's taken his game a notch up from what I saw of him in the first half of last season, where he was equally good but faded away even before the ovations. He looks the real deal now, and gonna maintain this form

Eze and Ejaria are ripe for the super eagles. They will give the other players a run for their money. They have been very good this season. I think Eze was burnt out in the second half of last season.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 11:12pm On Sep 14, 2019
ChrisKels:

Have u ever seen dem live in Brugges colours before? Seems David's goals have dried up

Nah.. Saw couple of Brugges ' match highlights.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 11:12pm On Sep 14, 2019
Oh boy, some people Sabi English ooo, big big grammar na hin I just dey read today, from discombobulation to scatterlization, emotive prejudixadion, carbon dioxidelization... Abeg make una no give me headache

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 11:19pm On Sep 14, 2019
Ok, I'd like to really watch this guy's play I have heard so much about them

Ebere Eze
Ejaria
Denis Bonaventure
One other guy in club brugge
Okechukwu u23 skipper
Tomori
Ehizigue...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:23pm On Sep 14, 2019
Ok
Humility017:

I am very sure we'll loose this lad....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:36pm On Sep 14, 2019
ChrisKels:
How come Ansu Fati is eligible for Portugal bkus Guinnea Bissau was colonised by Portugal, but, players from anglophone and Franco countries are never automatically eligible for England and France respectively?

Where are my fellow lovers of history? Junnyjake, icon4s, Nerdy et al

Ansu Fati was born in Bissau to Guinea Bissau parents. So I didn't see what makes him directly eligible to play for Portugal. If at all any other country wants to claim him it should be Spain and not Portugal even though the later were their former Colonial masters. Or am I missing something here?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:39pm On Sep 14, 2019
komekn:

He is our likely next target in the Midfield.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:43pm On Sep 14, 2019
safarigirl:
And please, someone who is in a good place, should warn komekn to stop quoting me if he doesn't understand my posts.

I am in a very bad place right now, and I have the right to just come and post and go, without anybody misreading my post and using it as an opportunity to display his prejudice against me. I am infantile and childish, and so is he.

Cc Kog45, Icon4s and other relevant parties.

Easy Nwanne. smiley

Football is just a game so too are our comments here. Don't take any vibe here too serious. That is how I have coped for this many years. wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:44pm On Sep 14, 2019
Icon4s:

Easy Nwanne. smiley

Football is just a game so too are our comments here. Don't take any vibe here too serious. That is how I have coped for this many years. wink

His comments are not games, he wouldn't know a game if it hit him in the face
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:55pm On Sep 14, 2019
safarigirl:

His comments are not games, he wouldn't know a game if it hit him in the face

We have been on this journey long enough for us to know every player here in and out. So nothing should come to you as a surprise again grin

We know virtually what everyone brings to the table here grin

I tell you again sis, it is just a game. Las-las na Rohr and NFF get the final say. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:12am On Sep 15, 2019
I am 100% sure that Eze will play for us. Same with ejaria
Icon4s:

He is our likely next target in the Midfield.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:13am On Sep 15, 2019
tbaba1234:

Kalu and Chuks will bench him
Not sure about Kalu. Chuks plays on the other side
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:14am On Sep 15, 2019
Who?
edi287:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:15am On Sep 15, 2019
jihday:
someone that is warming bench at Leipzig, how do you know he's better than Musa?
Don't worry. Time will prove me right

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:15am On Sep 15, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Who?
Lookman
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:24am On Sep 15, 2019
Okay, Ademola is a good and intelligent player but based on current form kalu and Chukwueze re ahead of him now in the super eagles set up but notwithstanding his inclusion will atleast strengthen the teams bench.

He is one player who can change the outcome of a game single handedly on his day.
edi287:

Lookman
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:25am On Sep 15, 2019
Saw a post on Twitter saying Eze is currently rated as the best player in the English 2nd tier statistically. The boy is gold!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:40am On Sep 15, 2019
edi287:

Kalu is much better and he seems to be hitting his best form

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7107) (7108) (7109) (7110) (7111) (7112) (7113) ... (16247) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: zuchyblink(m), humility33(m), etebefia, Mujtahida and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.