Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,022 members, 7,835,464 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7555) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11780074 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7552) (7553) (7554) (7555) (7556) (7557) (7558) ... (16193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:51pm On Nov 06, 2019
Only a child runs away from a thread for months mad at everyone because some didn’t fight for him. On top nairaland thread oh. Is it that serious?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:53pm On Nov 06, 2019
Dennis always takes the hard option instead of the simple and clever option
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:54pm On Nov 06, 2019
komekn:

It seems you don't understand the term Technically astute.

Can l ask what you understand the term to mean please.

No you should explain it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:55pm On Nov 06, 2019
Bia, supernerd and Joebie, its Okay.

Anyone can support whom he or she likes as long as it doesn't derail the thread too much.

OYA, its okay..ehn

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:56pm On Nov 06, 2019
Joebie:
He no talk say he go ignore too? He has met my other side.

To what end? You really fall my hand. Though I still like and respect you.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:00pm On Nov 06, 2019
Ok I don hands up
Taliban:

To what end? You really fall my hand. Though I still like and respect you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:04pm On Nov 06, 2019
Ehen u be better pikin
darkelf:
Bia, supernerd and Joebie, its Okay.

Anyone can support whom he or she likes as long as it doesn't derail the thread too much.

OYA, its okay..ehn
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 11:04pm On Nov 06, 2019
komekn:

It's not justifiable

Do you know the last time he played a game of competitive football Last season essentially many many moths ago.

It's only in Nigeria a player who has not played club football for over six months is called to the national team. THATS UNACCEPTABLE.

There are hundreds of Nigerian players within the age range playing across Europe. That have got better justification for an invitation. Do you know how well they will do if invited

That's a very weak excuse infact it's laughable that clubs will not release players. So therefore l will select players who don't have clubs. Chei see reasoning.

Maybe you have very low norms, values and no sense of what fairplay means. But l do.

It's simply WRONG and you are clutching at straws mentioning Walcott its an irrelevance.

He has a club and he's having work permit issues. That will be sorted out later this month...clearly you've decided to skip that news here.

If my memory serves me right he still trained with the arsenal first team before the start of the season, so it's not like he's been sitting at home drinking beer.

Yes, clubs will hardly release their players since it's not in the FIFA calendar. Azubuike has to miss the first game because of this. I guess you didn't read that here too.

We had hundreds of players across Europe. And they can not all play at the same time. Kelechi has delivered everytime he was called upon. My cousins who were at the stadium told me he was given a standing ovation the last time in Asaba.

You are in no position to judge my values, norms and sense of fair play because you're no better....

You're trying to make excuses for Sven Goran Erikson for taking Theo Walcott who didn't even play 1 minute for Arsenal to the world cup.....the biggest soccer tournament on the planet.

I bet if rorh had taken an unknown Nigerian kid from Sevilla academy to the nation's cup you would have sent assassin's after him.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:05pm On Nov 06, 2019
SMH... Delusional Joebie. After implying how he wished he had done what an inconsequential moniker had done by insulting one's mother. Funny cry baby. grin

Biko sleep well okay. Your pretending gets poorer by the minute. It's been fun watching you melt down like a child.

Goodnight Joebie.... Asslicker of the English internationals. grin

Joebie:
There he goes again calling names. Don’t throw stones if u can’t take it. I won’t go dirty like u. lol

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tglobal(m): 11:09pm On Nov 06, 2019
Joebie:
He no talk say he go ignore too? He has met my other side.

Joebie, you don't need this. You fall my hand big time. No one can determine for you what or whom you love, so why bother derailing the thread cause of the writings/claims of someone you have never met or had an interaction with beyond the pages of this thread?

Your contributions to the thread have been top notch and some of us are looking forward to you reviving your weekly review of Nigerian players. Please let it end here

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:10pm On Nov 06, 2019
jihday:
Bros, i tot you said you want to ignore?

He is a child. He doesn't know how to stand by words. But me I am done. It is case closed.

The Super Eagles Marches on... Next up is the U-23s this weekend.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:12pm On Nov 06, 2019
Ok e don do . Kpele. Sleep well wink
TheSuperNerd:
SMH... Delusional Joebie. After implying how he wished he had done what an inconsequential moniker had done by insulting one's mother. Funny cry baby. grin

Biko sleep well okay. Your pretending gets poorer by the minute. It's been fun watching you melt down like a child.

Goodnight Joebie.... Asslicker of the English internationals. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:13pm On Nov 06, 2019
Ok Kpele. U are my brother on here. wink
TheSuperNerd:

He is a child. He doesn't know how to stand by words. But me I am done. It is case closed.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:14pm On Nov 06, 2019
Usually I would ignore him. People ignore not because they don’t have something to say. Make we leave the matter my bro.
tglobal:

Joebie, you don't need this. You fall my hand big time. No one can determine for you what or whom you love, so why bother derailing the thread cause of the writings/claims of someone you have never met or had an interaction with beyond the pages of this thread?

Your contributions to the thread have been top notch and some of us are looking forward to you reviving your weekly review of Nigerian players. Please let it end here

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:33pm On Nov 06, 2019
This is beyond surprising if true. Looks like Pinnick has truly lost control of NFF or NFF are trying to save face.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:45pm On Nov 06, 2019
edi287:
This is beyond surprising if true. Looks like Pinnick has truly lost control of NFF or NFF are trying to save face.

The NFF has behaved very poorly with the man from owing him salaries to interfering in his job

I don't think he will want to sign a new contract

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:34am On Nov 07, 2019
Dennis joint second highest rated outfield player.
Top dribbler.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:39am On Nov 07, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

You don't have to call him a child.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:43am On Nov 07, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Joebie is a father ooo

We are one here but we will not always agree. That is the thing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:43am On Nov 07, 2019
10 of the most prolific strikers in Europe's Big 5 this season -- The Guardian

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:45am On Nov 07, 2019
bro abeg leave the matter make e die there.

darkelf:

Joebie is a father ooo

We are one here but we will not always agree. That is the thing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:48am On Nov 07, 2019
Championship's best XI October 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:40am On Nov 07, 2019
edi287:

pinnick will likely equals Galadima as the worst NFF/NFA boss Nigeria has had since recent times....

he is clueless, and to think that he is even an alumni from my school and same department i finished from in university of benin makes it more sickening......

he barely takes reasonable decisions, sticking with failed coaches....

the government of Jonathan has made me to believe that most south south folks are not responsible with governance......and this pinnick is proving it right....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:41am On Nov 07, 2019
Subzero047:

The NFF has behaved very poorly with the man from owing him salaries to interfering in his job

I don't think he will want to sign a new contract
It's the NFF that's not willing to renew
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 5:14am On Nov 07, 2019
Humility017:

pinnick will likely equals Galadima as the worst NFF/NFA boss Nigeria has had since recent times....

he is clueless, and to think that he is even an alumni from my school and same department i finished from in university of benin makes it more sickening......

he barely takes reasonable decisions, sticking with failed coaches....

the government of Jonathan has made me to believe that most south south folks are not responsible with governance......and this pinnick is proving it right....

That's quite a whip right there. But , I was beginning to think about the kind of billions that goes into region ,yet they have nothing to show for it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 5:30am On Nov 07, 2019
NFF Relieve Manu Garba From His Role As Coach After Disastrous U17 World Cup Outing

The Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) says the head coach of the Nigeria U-17 team Manu Garba will no longer be in charge of the team after their exit in the round of 16 at the ongoing U17 World Cup.

Nigeria were yesterday beaten 3-1 by Netherlands in the round of 16 and according to the vice-chairman of the NFF Alhaji Shehu Dikko the team failed to reach the minimum target of reaching the quarter finals at least.

Dikko said even though the board of the NFF is not keen on winning cadets championship as their aim is to use such tournaments to develop players for the future, the board will however make a decision about the technical crew due to the shambolic display they put up at the tournament.

" Usually you go to tournaments with target and the one we gave the technical crew is to at least reach the quarter final of the tournament, which is fair enough considering the way they prepared for the tournament. In the history of Nigeria U17 no team has enjoyed this type of preparations ", Dikko said.

" For failing to reach the target given to them their position will be reviewed immediately and it starts from asking them to submit their technical report and step down from their role for us to review and get back to them".

Speaking further Dikko said the contract of the coaches will be up in few weeks time as it was for two years : " They signed a two year deal which terminates at the end of this tournament. So in few weeks time it will be up. It's imperative we start building early for the next assignment ".

On plans to restructure the Under-17 set up, Dikko revealed that the board will make a decision on the path that is best for the future of the team in the next few months so as to give ample time to the ideas of whoever is in charge to start early.

" No need to be in a hurry. We have come to the end of a cycle by the ouster of this team. So another phase will begin in earnest. Decisions will not be rushed but it will be made in due time to give whoever gets the nod enough time to plan and build something better than the team that crashed out of the 2019 Under-17 World Cup ".

" I also think it will be nice for our teams both in the Nigeria Professional Football League ( NPFL) and Nigeria National League (NNL) to have youth teams it helps for easy scouting of players instead of the case where we have over 80,000 players coming for trials. The clubs need to do better in that regards".

The chairman of the League Management Company ( LMC) also said the league body courtesy of it's partnership with the Laliga will play it's usual role of organising youth tournaments just like Zenith Bank who are the sponsors of the NFF U-15.

" Our partnership with the Laliga helped discovered players for this team just like the Zenith Bank U-15 tournament. We will look at how best to use it to help out in the rebuilding process of our U-17 which is the first step in having a good senior national team. The discovery starts from there "

Source :news-af.op-mobile.opera.com/news/

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 5:41am On Nov 07, 2019
Sunday Dare on Golden Eaglets ouster

"Nigeria’s performance at the Under -17 World Cup calls for a review. Indeed, our football administration at all levels calls for a review. We must exact greater responsibility from those charged with our football administration. Timely payment of salaries and allowances vital."
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 5:52am On Nov 07, 2019
edi287:

Nigeria NOT renewing coach Gernot Rohr's contract

Nigeria are not renewing the contract of Gernot Rohr as top officials of the country's football authorities (NFF) refused to open preliminary talks with the German about a contract extension.

The 66-year-old's current deal will expire in June 2020, right in the middle of qualifiers for the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations and 2022 World Cup.

But the resounding silence from his employers and a deteriorating working conditions has left him gobsmacked.

"I don't know what will happen and nothing has been discussed. It is a surprise because we are expected to qualify for two tournaments. That says a lot about it," he told German publication Mannheimer Morgen in early October.

Some of his biggest supporters say Rohr has "exceeded expectations" and truly deserves a new deal.

"Gernot Rohr's done extremely well as coach. He's exceeded expectations as coach of Super Eagles in my opinion and truly deserves a new deal to continue," top sports media and marketing entrepreneur Biola Kazeem said.

Back in August 2016, Rohr inherited a team in shambles, bereft of confidence and had failed to qualify for two AFCON tournaments under Stephen Keshi, Sunday Oliseh and emergency manager Samson Siasia.

He navigated the chaos created by his predecessors - beating former African champions Cameroon, Zambia and Algeria in tough qualifying group - to pick a ticket to the World Cup. Guiding the Super Eagles to the tournament in Russia where the three-time African champions failed to make it past the group stage.

On the continent his drama-free management style led Nigeria to a third place finish at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt back in July.

Despite a relative success at the helm, the NFF is happy to allow his contract to run out, a decision which has not come as a big surprise to some football journalists.

"If it's purely on emotion and selfish reason I'd say Nigeria should let Rohr leave," says Nigerian journalist Kelechi Nkoro.

"But on a professional level, I think he has delivered results and should continue. However, there is a complete lack of trust between Rohr and his employers the NFF.

"His comments to the media about broken promises and salary delays has created strong hostility.

"Both parties feel hurt about certain decisions or statements in the public domain, so a mutual separation at the end of his contract is better for all."

November's home fixture against Benin and the trip to Lesotho will be Rohr's final role in the race to reach the 2021 event in Cameroon.

He has managed 37 games in charge of the West Africans, with 20 victories, 7 draws and 10 defeats.

There is a school of thought that, considering the state of the national team when he took over, his record is entirely above scrutiny, and he should be allowed to continue.

Kazeem reiterates his "unwavering support" for Rohr, adding: "His result hold up".

"We were always up against it at the World Cup as the lowest ranked side in the group. Beat Iceland and put up a decent performance against Croatia. We were minutes away from knocking Argentina out.

"Rohr qualified Nigeria for the AFCON after missing the last two editions and at the tournament we were few minutes away from an extra-time to reach the final. But managed to finish third.

"He has found a way to manage his problems. He didn't allow it overshadow his preparations and team focus. He is a simple man unlike Oliseh who allowed his personal problems derail his country's ambition.

"If they don’t want him to continue then that is for the NFF but what will be the minimum for the next man. Whatever we agree will definitely become the benchmark for whoever is coming in."

In fairness to Rohr, he earned that free pass up to this point by building a young squad as well as snapping up young players born in Europe to commit to Nigeria.

However, questions have justifiably begun to arise over whether he can truly take Nigeria to another level.

"For Rohr to continue? Absolutely not for me," publisher of ACLSport website Calvin Emeka said.

"I do not think he is capable of getting the very best of the bunch of players we have at the moment. Having said that, at the level the NFF are able to pay, maybe he is the best we can afford.

"If the Federation up the ante with regards to the kind of coaches they can afford, then Rohr should be released."

Critics of Rohr blame his LACK OF tactical intelligence and dinosaur approach to the modern game.

There have been concerns over the German's reluctance to seize the initiative in certain matches, to alter the direction of others, and also his insistence on dampening expectations at every turn.

In Russia, his unwillingness to be bold and take risks on the front foot had the youngest team at the tournament playing like the oldest.

The defeat to Argentina saw the first real outpouring of dissatisfaction, as a late Marcos Rojo goal broke a nation’s back and heart. Why, the question goes, was Rohr reluctant to send on reinforcements when his side was under the cosh and appeared to be flagging physically? Why, in the semi final defeat against Algeria, was he content to play for an extra time despite being fresher than the opponent?

Officials believe they have seen enough and it's time to look elsewhere. A romantic relationship that started in August 2016 will come to an end in June

Source : news-af.op-mobile.opera.com/news.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 6:19am On Nov 07, 2019
She said ex-chelsea...not all football teams from epl...m not part of the argument o...i just wanted to set d argument straight.. grin grin grin grin
komekn:

See bad belle.

Can you tell us why the creme de La creme of Spanish football, that's Real and Barca always go shopping in the EPL.

It seems your dislike and prejudice towards Nigerian origin players in the UK has caused you to befuddled in your understanding of football.

Meanwhile tell us how Suarez, Ronaldo, Conte, and Bale were exposed in La Liga.

Your bad belle prejudice has not just blinded your eyes but your sense of reasoning as well.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 6:26am On Nov 07, 2019
Joebie:
10 of the most prolific strikers in Europe's Big 5 this season -- The Guardian
Its a shame that ders no nigerian international on the list...
But we de come sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 6:29am On Nov 07, 2019
If they remove rohr... D level of regression we'd see in the team will open d eyes of everybody...... It will be back to square negative zero for us... I fucking hate this country... (Spits*) lipsrsealed

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7552) (7553) (7554) (7555) (7556) (7557) (7558) ... (16193) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: hatakekakashi, Lawag3, CornOak(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.