Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,943 members, 7,814,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7557) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11636890 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7554) (7555) (7556) (7557) (7558) (7559) (7560) ... (16139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 12:28pm On Nov 07, 2019
Humility017:

Mazi.....I don't know how to sugarcoat the truth oooo.

you see Delta state is one of the few states in Nigeria with high level of literacy and the people there do go to school but the corruption in their heart and blood is second to none....likewise bayelsa state...and Edo state also come in distance 3rd.

corruption amongst this folks is sickening... warri north is the richest LGA in Nigeria with allocation of over 5B naira annually but go there....you'll see nothing to show for it... when the money comes.... the youth leaders, chiefs and all will rather want their cuts instead of channelling the money for development and capital projects....likewise bayelsa where the warlords all have certain percentage from the state budget....

the budget of this two states is more than of many Africa countries but you won't see anything to show for it....

Mazi just imagine the asaba stadium the shameless delta government serve the super eagles for the few matches played so far.... and what pains me most is that the governor will still come sit in such a stadia not worthy to be a European team training pitch..to watch the super eagles struggle to play in such turf....

it is shameful.... corruption smells in Niger Delta with the headquarter in Delta State...remember then in my school Nadeltsu election was like a governorship election...some bigwigs often troop in from delta state to manipulate elections for their stooges...apparently because of the bursary cash that can be embezzled from such post.......

I grew up in Asaba and I totally agree with everything you said. That state is messed up despite the large sums of money pumped into the state.
That's stadium is a nothing to write home about. 10 minutes of rain and Asaba becomes flooded.

First time since 1999 someone from Delta north is a governor and it's still same old story.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:40pm On Nov 07, 2019
Top 10 Most inform Players in Europe

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:40pm On Nov 07, 2019
Club Brugge winger cum striker Emmanuel Dennis is being linked with a transfer to Premier League side Leicester City in the January transfer window.

Providing an update on the situation of the Nigeria international, Voetbal 24 claims that Club Brugge would prefer not to sell Dennis before the end of this season but the Foxes are still pushing to sign the striker when the transfer window reopens.

Manager Brendan Rodgers sees Dennis as an ideal replacement for the aging Jamie Vardy or a strike partner of the former England star.

It has been suggested that the King Power Stadium outfit are preparing a bid in the region of 25 million euros to acquire him from the Belgian First Division A side.

Club Brugge signed Dennis from Ukrainian club Zorya Luhansk in the summer of 2017 and he has gone on to score 25 goals in 87 matches, including a brace against Real Madrid in the Champions League, with nine assists to his name.

The 21-year-old penned a contract extension in September 2019 tying him to Club Brugge until the end of the 2021-2022 season

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Petrobros: 12:50pm On Nov 07, 2019
I will nominate Icon4s
cc Icon4s & Andrewbaba44
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:51pm On Nov 07, 2019
We need MRI for U23 and U20 if it's ever possible.. cheesy
tbaba1234:
This is a national under 23 coach asking a player to do an age change. He did it live on social media not even in the DMs.

Thankfully, the boy is a honest lad.

We wonder how date of birth change miraculously for players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:58pm On Nov 07, 2019
Joebie:
If our grassroots football was really developed, yes it’s true some of the players we hail now will have faced stiffer competition even in the home front and we would have been better for it. Look at the big picture. We can only make progress if we do the right things, not being sentimental. Our national teams should not be a social welfare program.

I agree, any Nigerian that's good enough irrespective of their place of birth should play for our under age teams, Why try to block foreign born players? Are they afraid the home grown guys aren't good enough? I say let whoever is good enough play for us, it's the national team not a poverty alleviation program

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 1:21pm On Nov 07, 2019
oloriooko:
So all the African teams in the U17 have been eliminated speaks volumes of our developmental programs
African countries are usually eliminated early. Nigeria has been the only one making the difference but we failed this time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 1:28pm On Nov 07, 2019
forgiveness:

Keep quiet Mr. With all the football culture in so called regions, how many world class players have they produced?

Just accept who you are and move on.
You're pathetic. Who am i that i would have to accept?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:29pm On Nov 07, 2019
Joebie:
Top 10 Most inform Players in Europe

Wetin ronaldo dey find there?

Tammy abraham is supposed to be there and even victor also
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 2:11pm On Nov 07, 2019
somehow:

Yea yea yea foreign coaches like Denerby las laggerbear and berti vogtwagen

What did Vogts or Dennerby do wrong, or even Lagerback?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 2:14pm On Nov 07, 2019
Danielnino00:
Wolves’ Adama Traoré has decided to play for Mali, switching over from Spain.

We could see a future Mali team featuring Wolves’ Adama Traoré on the right wing, Monaco’s Adama Traoré (on loan at Metz) in central midfield, and Metz’s Adama Traoré on the left wing.

In addition, we could potentially (unlikely) see Burgan’s Adama Traoré playing as a holding midfielder, with free agent Adama Traoré lining up in attack.

One team, five Adamas Traores

grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 2:28pm On Nov 07, 2019
Joebie:
If I crop that pic show only the top 5, u for complain?
Next time just ignore. wink

go sit down. U run enter internet dey look for wetin nor lost. Carry your Tammy with his 3 minute game time for England dey go joor. Hehehe

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 2:33pm On Nov 07, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Club Brugge winger cum striker Emmanuel Dennis is being linked with a transfer to Premier League side Leicester City in the January transfer window.

Providing an update on the situation of the Nigeria international, Voetbal 24 claims that Club Brugge would prefer not to sell Dennis before the end of this season but the Foxes are still pushing to sign the striker when the transfer window reopens.

Manager Brendan Rodgers sees Dennis as an ideal replacement for the aging Jamie Vardy or a strike partner of the former England star.

It has been suggested that the King Power Stadium outfit are preparing a bid in the region of 25 million euros to acquire him from the Belgian First Division A side.

Club Brugge signed Dennis from Ukrainian club Zorya Luhansk in the summer of 2017 and he has gone on to score 25 goals in 87 matches, including a brace against Real Madrid in the Champions League, with nine assists to his name.

The 21-year-old penned a contract extension in September 2019 tying him to Club Brugge until the end of the 2021-2022 season
it is very clear.... Nacho will leave Leicester January and that gonna be a good development cos he need to play football. I predict he gonna remain in epl. Bookmark this page.
Cc komekn lol.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 2:39pm On Nov 07, 2019
I nominate Icon4s cc Icon4s & Andrewbaba44
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 2:49pm On Nov 07, 2019
iSlayer:

What did Vogts or Dennerby do wrong, or even Lagerback?
See question o
Tell us what we achieved during their reign and how they selected players for us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:52pm On Nov 07, 2019
jihday:
Can't be that bad, as long as we don't go local we'll be fine

You think everybody will have Rohrs kind of patience and dedication?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:53pm On Nov 07, 2019
Taking SE away from Rohr is like taking a baby away from his mother

NFF should not try that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:57pm On Nov 07, 2019
kellycute:
it is very clear.... Nacho will leave Leicester January and that gonna be a good development cos he need to play football. I predict he gonna remain in epl. Bookmark this page.
Cc komekn lol.

Epl? Who's gonna buy him?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 2:57pm On Nov 07, 2019
somehow:

Yea yea yea foreign coaches like Denerby las laggerbear and berti vogtwagen
please why do you reason so low on this matter.....
must you think so low and to you...lagerbach is not an astute coach abi? for yr information lagerbach should be ahead of rohr....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 3:00pm On Nov 07, 2019
somehow:
See question o

Tell us what we achieved during their reign and how they selected players for us

remove Thomas Dennerby because he coached the female term...

Nd for berti Vogts I don't rate him....

but for the Swedish...common sense should teach that he was coach for just few months don't think it was even up to 5 months so that time is always too short for any coach with worthwhile program and plans to implement them....

he just took a team he barely knew and understood to.the world cup

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 3:06pm On Nov 07, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

So because Bichi no play dem wan sack am embarassed

just imagine what you wrote.... so you think the man should keep the job even when he fails to deliver....? he had fumbled twice now as an under 17 coach....

that performance and players scouting was damn poor even if the nff should smuggled bichi into the team that was not the reason why he failed.....

he messed up.... mediocrity shouldn't be tolerated
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 3:09pm On Nov 07, 2019
somehow:
See question o

Granted they did not succeed. But I can't see why you put Lagerback there or even Dennerby. Forget performance though, the context is this: How many out of those 3 put money over merit like Manu and the likes?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 3:09pm On Nov 07, 2019
ChrisKels:

Wow Mali has one hell of a talented deadly young sqaud with Haidara, Sekou and co that Africa should be wary of. I am happy Rohr is on the verge of leaving so that we can get a better attack oriented coach that can make good use of our equally young and super talented squad to bring down giants anywhere in the world.
I am tempted to say it will or probably might end in tears

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:11pm On Nov 07, 2019
Humility017:

just imagine what you wrote.... so you think the man should keep the job even when he fails to deliver....? he had fumbled twice now as an under 17 coach....

that performance and players scouting was damn poor even if the nff should smuggled bichi into the team that was not the reason why he failed.....

he messed up.... mediocrity shouldn't be tolerated

Go coach na. Mr Perfect

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 3:15pm On Nov 07, 2019
Subzero047:

Epl? Who's gonna buy him?
that is what I don't know but one thing is certain.... Nacho will remain in epl.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 3:16pm On Nov 07, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Go coach na. Mr Perfect

the fact that I am not a coach does not mean I should glorify mediocrity when I see one.

please sincerely from my heart, not insult ooo

I think you have a low taste and can settle for anything below average or mediocrity so quick...still remember how you were supporting aigbogun on this thread and how Tijani was like Suarez/Cavani to you...

with a population of Over 200m peeps don't think Manu is the best we can offer as an under 17 coach....give others the chance...

finidi, amuneke are all there....give them the job and let's see what they can make out of it... you can't be doing something over and over again...same principles and methods and expect a different result....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Chidonsky: 3:21pm On Nov 07, 2019
oloriooko:
This is not xmas matter but seem we are beginning to deploy actual u17s and our under developed grassroots football is being exposed
you just said the exact thing in my mind.I keep saying this that this U17 look like the real youngest team ever paraded by Nigeria,from their play and football decision you can see it written all over them.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 3:43pm On Nov 07, 2019
Garba out
Amuneke in
Then when the allegations start again, we will change them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 3:49pm On Nov 07, 2019
Chidonsky:
you just said the exact thing in my mind.I keep saying this that this U17 look like the real youngest team ever paraded by Nigeria,from their play and football decision you can see it written all over them.
you are funny bro. 2013, 2015 and 2019 sets went throught the same process as per fifa standard to clarifies their age before they were allowed to participate in the fifa under 17 competition. Trying to underpined the reason why this current set of eaglet failed woefully on the proposition that they are truelly the youngest under 17 paraded by Nigeria is fallacy. Most of the players lack real talents... They can't give what they don't have!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:50pm On Nov 07, 2019
Humility017:

the fact that I am not a coach does not mean I should glorify mediocrity when I see one.

please sincerely from my heart, not insult ooo

I think you have a low taste and can settle for anything below average or mediocrity so quick...still remember how you were supporting aigbogun on this thread and how Tijani was like Suarez/Cavani to you...

with a population of Over 200m peeps don't think Manu is the best we can offer as an under 17 coach....give others the chance...

finidi, amuneke are all there....give them the job and let's see what they can make out of it... you can't be doing something over and over again...same principles and methods and expect a different result....

Only a big fat clown will call Manu Garba mediocre or average. I don't even want to read the rest of your nonsense after that.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:53pm On Nov 07, 2019
kellycute:
that is what I don't know but one thing is certain.... Nacho will remain in epl.

Haha even Helda Costa and other performing strikers are in the championship

Nobody is willing to take that risk in the EPL

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7554) (7555) (7556) (7557) (7558) (7559) (7560) ... (16139) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, comodo, chrisooblog and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.