Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7558) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11783230 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7555) (7556) (7557) (7558) (7559) (7560) (7561) ... (16195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:55pm On Nov 07, 2019
Humility017:

please why do you reason so low on this matter.....

must you think so low and to you...lagerbach is not an astute coach abi?
for yr information lagerbach should be ahead of rohr....

How is Lagerback ahead of Rohr?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:00pm On Nov 07, 2019
For the Anglo-Nigerian enthusiasts

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 4:06pm On Nov 07, 2019
Subzero047:

Haha even Helda Costa and other performing strikers are in the championship

Nobody is willing to take that risk in the EPL
is nacho underperforming this season? Capital NO. 2 goals in 2 games ain't moimoi. Bro, relax, na here we dey.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 4:08pm On Nov 07, 2019
Subzero047:

nacho is not underperforming this season bro. 2 goals in 2 games ain't moimoi. Give him a run of games and watch nacho tear net for fun.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:08pm On Nov 07, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Only a big fat clown will call Manu Garba mediocre or average. I don't even want to read the rest of your nonsense after that.

you see yourself....

only a proud heart thinks men are always right....
a man is adjourned to err because he is human... what do you do to such coaches most times in football...
you relieve them of their job and let them go sort themselves out... after a while they will back with another coaching job where there lies the possibility of not repeating previous mistakes...

that's why coaches are sacked in the epl and other leagues and later re-employed.

your thinking is flawed.... I think probably you're still very young... because it reflects in your words and reasoning.

even at work sometimes managers give their staffs day off or even ask them to request for some days off work from their 30 days annual leave to allow them cool off...

for now manu garba needs to be quietly dropped for another with the opportunity to do better....

if you read my posts earlier...I salute him,amuneke and others as the few good brains we've had currently as far as coaching is concerned but for now...he is very clueless on how to build and scout players for a team...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:13pm On Nov 07, 2019
Subzero047:

Jordan ayew didn’t do much last season on his loan and he is still in the Epl and now getting the goals

But if you may ask me he did nothing to be there

Same thing goes to waste man solanke

Wasted career man ravel Morrison is playing at Sheffield surprisingly ,he is supposed to be at league 1
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:15pm On Nov 07, 2019
Subzero047:

How is Lagerback ahead of Rohr?

I think he is highly rated than rohr and more tactically sound compare to him sha.

but with the way NFF be na only Rohr we fit afford and only him fit tolerate our football administrators for now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:17pm On Nov 07, 2019
Lol
kellycute:
go sit down. U run enter internet dey look for wetin nor lost. Carry your Tammy with his 3 minute game time for England dey go joor. Hehehe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 4:20pm On Nov 07, 2019
Our u23 national team is made up of players struggling with their career

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:21pm On Nov 07, 2019
Subzero047:

How long will this man keep leaving out Kyle walker ?

Na him sabi sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:25pm On Nov 07, 2019
ChrisKels:

Wow Mali has one hell of a talented deadly young sqaud with Haidara, Sekou and co that Africa should be wary of. I am happy Rohr is on the verge of leaving so that we can get a better attack oriented coach that can make good use of our equally young and super talented squad to bring down giants anywhere in the world.

You are too optimistic. If Rohr leaves, we go back to square one with money for places in the team.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:33pm On Nov 07, 2019
zuchyblink:
Our u23 national team is made up of players struggling with their career

Those are the only players that will be released at this time of the season.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Chidonsky: 4:40pm On Nov 07, 2019
kellycute:
you are funny bro. 2013, 2015 and 2019 sets went throught the same process as per fifa standard to clarifies their age before they were allowed to participate in the fifa under 17 competition. Trying to underpined the reason why this current set of eaglet failed woefully on the proposition that they are truelly the youngest under 17 paraded by Nigeria is fallacy. Most of the players lack real talents... They can't give what they don't have!!!
No doubt the team lack football brain and technicality.A one eyed matured man is king among kids with two eyes.Maturity has a way of concealing one football mistake especially when they are playing against a much younger team in terms of age.Their composure and football approach would never be the same.After i watch their second match i just said this team is crap,no team work,no cohesion,poor positioning.How many good football development programme do we have to train kids from age 5-18yrs.Most Nigeria players lack football basics.This is the reason while only few make it to greater height in football profession.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 07, 2019
Toylove:

I am tempted to say it will or probably might end in tears

You better don't mind him Super eagles will crash big time without rohr... The day anoda coach is appointed am done being a super eagle fan coz it is very outrageous... Aigbogun is there they never sack him, imama, and manu garba they failed woefully they never sack him nah rohr e remain now... Mtchew
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chidi1: 4:56pm On Nov 07, 2019
Talking about Manu Garba. I sincerely don't think he is a good tactician. He says he believes in a form of the old Dutch style of play called " total football." However, if you look closely at his players you would notice that his whole emphasis is on endurance. Almost all players join in attack as well as defence, (unfortunately, this current crop of players forgot to read the part on "all defend" from his " all attack, all defend" philosophy ). Quick counter attacks and lots of running up and down the pitch are evident in his game. There is little emphasis on genuine match reading skill and ability on and off the ball, as emphasized by European teams ( compare this to the Dutch team 2 days ago, every ball movement was done with intent). Little wonder this current crop of players tend to bounce back late in the game when they must have worn down thier opponent from the excessive running.

The emphasis at the u17 level should be based on solidifying on the basic principles of football such as tactical match reading, movements on and of the ball, ball control and learning to play as a team. Endurance should not be the only major focus at this stage. It comes as no surprise that all of his former players are finding it hard to measure up years later (Ihenacho, Isaac Success, Musa Yahaya, Musa Mohammed come to mind).

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 4:59pm On Nov 07, 2019
Rohr on Eze:

“The door is always open to the best players. There lot of players to choose from but the media sometimes insist they must come but they don’t want cos they can play for England & Germany.

“So it's not always easy for the players to decide & it’s never good to pressure them."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 5:05pm On Nov 07, 2019
Humility017:

I think he is highly rated than rohr and more tactically sound compare to him sha.

but with the way NFF be na only Rohr we fit afford and only him fit tolerate our football administrators for now.

You didn't even give a valid reason

You are way too sentimental

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 5:07pm On Nov 07, 2019
chidi1:
Talking about Manu Garba. I sincerely don't think he is a good tactician. He says he believes in a form of the old Dutch style of play called " total football." However, if you look closely at his players you would notice that his whole emphasis is on endurance. Almost all players join in attack as well as defence, (unfortunately, this current crop of players forgot to read the part on "all defend" from his " all attack, all defend" philosophy ). Quick counter attacks and lots of running up and down the pitch are evident in his game. There is little emphasis on genuine match reading skill and ability on and off the ball, as emphasized by European teams ( compare this to the Dutch team 2 days ago, every ball movement was done with intent). Little wonder this current crop of players tend to bounce back late in the game when they must have worn down thier opponent from the excessive running.

The emphasis at the u17 level should be based on solidifying on the basic principles of football such as tactical match reading, movements on and of the ball, ball control and learning to play as a team. Endurance should not be the only major focus at this stage. It comes as no surprise that all of his former players are finding it hard to measure up years later (Ihenacho, Isaac Success, Musa Yahaya, Musa Mohammed come to mind).
Failure they say has no friends. So the players you just mentioned was all about running. Suddenly manu is tactically deficient. To be honest, his 2013 team played the best football till date when it comes to u17. People forget so easily. He might have compromised player selection this time but saying he is not a good tactician is really not fair

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:02pm On Nov 07, 2019
Osimhen to miss PSG clash due to accumulation of yellow cards
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:11pm On Nov 07, 2019
Subzero047:

You didn't even give a valid reason

You are way too sentimental

Lagerbach managed Sweden in 2002 and also iceland afterwards where did pretty well...
also he managed nor way for a short while...
when it comes to country football lagerbach is more rated than Rohr globally...though rohr is experienced with Africa football tho

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 6:25pm On Nov 07, 2019
sheyishemba:

You better don't mind him Super eagles will crash big time without rohr... The day anoda coach is appointed am done being a super eagle fan coz it is very outrageous... Aigbogun is there they never sack him, imama, and manu garba they failed woefully they never sack him nah rohr e remain now... Mtchew
ever since i have been old enough to follow football,]Apart from keshi, rohr has been the best coach to manage the super eagles and he is even better than keshi when it comes to team and man management.

NB: ME NEVER START TO DEY WATCH FOOTBALL WHEN THEM WESTERHOF DEY COACH SE O

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 6:33pm On Nov 07, 2019
Dele wait continues
Subzero047:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:38pm On Nov 07, 2019
somehow:
Can you beat your chest to say there has been any national team selection across all boards without one form of shady undertone before be it local or foreign coaches
Bro I no get the answer to this question oo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 6:41pm On Nov 07, 2019
Subzero047:

Unfortunate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 7:26pm On Nov 07, 2019
Subzero047:

They are playing Metz this weekend not PSG
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:32pm On Nov 07, 2019
Subzero047:

No you should explain it

After making a deduction on my comments, you are now asking me to explain.

That's essentially putting the cart before the horse.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:36pm On Nov 07, 2019
This is based on last 6 appearances.
andrewbaba44:

Wetin ronaldo dey find there?

Tammy abraham is supposed to be there and even victor also
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:51pm On Nov 07, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Club Brugge winger cum striker Emmanuel Dennis is being linked with a transfer to Premier League side Leicester City in the January transfer window.

Providing an update on the situation of the Nigeria international, Voetbal 24 claims that Club Brugge would prefer not to sell Dennis before the end of this season but the Foxes are still pushing to sign the striker when the transfer window reopens.

Manager Brendan Rodgers sees Dennis as an ideal replacement for the aging Jamie Vardy or a strike partner of the former England star.

It has been suggested that the King Power Stadium outfit are preparing a bid in the region of 25 million euros to acquire him from the Belgian First Division A side.

Club Brugge signed Dennis from Ukrainian club Zorya Luhansk in the summer of 2017 and he has gone on to score 25 goals in 87 matches, including a brace against Real Madrid in the Champions League, with nine assists to his name.

The 21-year-old penned a contract extension in September 2019 tying him to Club Brugge until the end of the 2021-2022 season

This boy was handful yesterday.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 7:55pm On Nov 07, 2019
Toylove:

ever since i have been old enough to follow football,]Apart from keshi, rohr has been the best coach to manage the super eagles and he is even better than keshi when it comes to team and man management.

NB: ME NEVER START TO DEY WATCH FOOTBALL WHEN THEM WESTERHOF DEY COACH SE O

My guy you miss better football that year o. He made it look very very easy! Any team arriving in Naija knew they were getting beat 100%. No ifs no buts...no be say shoot bird the mama fly lol nostalgia man
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:57pm On Nov 07, 2019
jihday:
I really don't get your train of thought.

What has KC got to with the current discourse on Okereke,
It's seems you have deep seated resentment towards KC and Osimhen

But what has made you so BITTER whaaaaten the two of them do you

You tell me

You are the only one here who has brought the name Okereke into the discourse.

Please explain the WHY, WHEN and WHAT FOR
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 8:04pm On Nov 07, 2019
Nigeria U23s threaten pay strike ahead U23 AFCON kick-off

Nigeria’s hopes of featuring at the football event of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics are hanging precariously on the balance after the team are threatening to boycott Saturday’s opening U23 AFCON match against Cote d’Ivoire over pay.

A top source told SCORENigeria that the team have resolved not to play the opening game in Cairo, Egypt, if the NFF failed to clear their unpaid bonuses and allowances.

We first reported that the team are unhappy and spoiling for a showdown with the NFF as they are yet to receive any camp allowance.

The NFF have also not paid them bonuses for the home wins over Libya and Sudan in the qualifiers.

Added to this is that coach Imama Amapakabo has not received any salary since he took over the team.

This should not come as a surprise as it has now been revealed that his U17 counterpart, Manu Garba, has not been paid salary for 10 months by the NFF.

Nigeria are the defending U23 AFCON champions.

Thy begin their title defence Saturday afternoon against Cote d’Ivoire.

The competition will produce three African flag bearers for next year’s Olympics in Tokyo

Source: score nigeria
News also on owngoalnigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:07pm On Nov 07, 2019
Koboko99:

He has a club and he's having work permit issues. That will be sorted out later this month...clearly you've decided to skip that news here.

If my memory serves me right he still trained with the arsenal first team before the start of the season, so it's not like he's been sitting at home drinking beer.

Yes, clubs will hardly release their players since it's not in the FIFA calendar. Azubuike has to miss the first game because of this. I guess you didn't read that here too.

We had hundreds of players across Europe. And they can not all play at the same time. Kelechi has delivered everytime he was called upon. My cousins who were at the stadium told me he was given a standing ovation the last time in Asaba.

You are in no position to judge my values, norms and sense of fair play because you're no better....

You're trying to make excuses for Sven Goran Erikson for taking Theo Walcott who didn't even play 1 minute for Arsenal to the world cup.....the biggest soccer tournament on the planet.

I bet if rorh had taken an unknown Nigerian kid from Sevilla academy to the nation's cup you would have sent assassin's after him.

First of all what on earth has Walcott going to the World cup near 15 years ago for England, with this matter It MAKES NO SENSE.

A player has not played a competitive game of football since March this year. The reasons why are totally IRRELEVANT.

Do you think any player will be invited to any European national team when he has not played football for near 10 months. That's making national team selection a comedy before the world.

Oh he trained with Arsenal and he did so well they RELEASED him. See how you are reasoning it's so regressive and snacks of double standard.

The issue is not how good he has played in the past. But denying pkayers who are more deserving OPPORTUNITY.

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7555) (7556) (7557) (7558) (7559) (7560) (7561) ... (16195) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: cromz(m), yemyke001(m), lovewins and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.