Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,899 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7935) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11610392 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7932) (7933) (7934) (7935) (7936) (7937) (7938) ... (16126) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:50pm On Dec 10, 2019
ChrisKels:

That's not true, Senegal is more in form than any other team in Africa

Based on club stats?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:51pm On Dec 10, 2019
She talks about Nigeria having the highest number of most inform players in Europe than any other African team including Senegal and that is correct.

Even (your) Senegal's claim as the most in-form national team this year is debatable. Algeria as a national team has been the best and most in-form in Africa this year.

ChrisKels:

That's not true, Senegal is more in form than any other team in Africa

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:51pm On Dec 10, 2019
komekn:

I guess he's struggling in Watford and in the EPL.

Not good enough because it seems hwes playing more like a striker now. But don't forget he's a winger primarily and was quite impressive on the wings in French league last season.

However, he has still been very influential for the Senegalese team.

Iheanacho has more goals from just one start and he doesn't even play for us unlike Sarr who's a regular for Senegal

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 10, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
She talks about Nigeria having the highest number of most inform players in Europe than any other African team including Senegal and that is correct.

Even Senegal's claim as the most in-form national team this year is debatable. Algeria as a national team has been the best and most in-form in Africa this year.

Agreed without any iota of reservation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:56pm On Dec 10, 2019
Wow, really impressed by valencia beating ajax away from home and qualifying for the next round

Nice one for them, they even topped the group

With the way i am seeing all Spanish teams will also be through to the next round

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:56pm On Dec 10, 2019
jihday:
Iheanacho has more goals from just one start and he doesn't even play for us unlike Sarr who's a regular for Senegal

You guys should stop comparing sarr and nacho

Sarr is never a striker ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:01pm On Dec 10, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Even Senegal's claim as the most in-form national team this year is debatable. Algeria as a national team has been the best and most in-form in Africa this year.

I was talking about the individual players that make up the national team, not the national team as a unit.

I must admit, Nigerian players have been better.

I can only pick Eduard, Gomis, Koulibaly, Mane, Diallo and Gueye from the Senegalese team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:02pm On Dec 10, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Even (your) Senegal's claim as the most in-form national team this year is debatable. Algeria as a national team has been the best and most in-form in Africa this year.

Algeria might be the best national team but i dont think most of their players are that in-form
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:02pm On Dec 10, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

na wetin make I ask the ground, because Senegal is not the most in form team in Africa by any grounds
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:03pm On Dec 10, 2019
Okay. Good then. That is why I addressed both individual and team viewpoints as I saw some ambiguity.

@bolded... Glad you agree.

ChrisKels:

I was talking about the individual players that make up the national team, not the national team as a unit.

I can only pick Koulibaly, Mane, Diallo and Gueye from the Senegalese team

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:03pm On Dec 10, 2019
andrewbaba44:

You guys should stop comparing sarr and nacho

Sarr is never a striker ok
okay.

Is he better than Chukwueze then?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:04pm On Dec 10, 2019
ChrisKels:

I can only pick Koulibaly, Mane, Diallo and Gueye from the Senegalese team

Please list the nigerian that have been better apart from 2 or 3, even you your self know this

Wilfred ndidi, victor osimhen

Please remind me of who else?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:05pm On Dec 10, 2019
safarigirl:
okay.

Is he better than Chukwueze then?

No dear

He isnt better than chuks

This is the comparism i was expecting
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:06pm On Dec 10, 2019
Yes. And that is my point. Two different viewspoints... Individual players viewpoint and NT viewpoints.

For most in-form/Best Africa national team of 2019, It is Algeria.

But for the African nation, with the highest number of most in-form individual players so far this season, It is definitely Nigeria.

andrewbaba44:

Algeria might be the best national team but i dont think most of their players are that in-form

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:06pm On Dec 10, 2019
andrewbaba44:

No dear

He isnt better than chuks
okay, so, he isn't better than our forwards then.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:08pm On Dec 10, 2019
safarigirl:

Based on club stats?

I did my checks, seems I was wrong, I must admit.

Edouard has been a monster between the sticks for Rennes. None of our goalkeepers comes close.

Koulibaly, Mane and Gueye the less said about these trio, the better.

Then, Diallo has good numbers in the ligue1

That's all about the Senegalese players currently.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 11:08pm On Dec 10, 2019
komekn:

What are the LIES

I mentioned several players not just Ismaila to see how balanced some of you would be. But my expectations were too high it seems.

So why don't you talk about.

Mane, Koulibaly, Gueye, Habib, Kouyate and so many others.

Or the Everton players Niasse 30 games and 8 goals in the EPL. But who is far from first choice in the Senegalese team.

Picking out individual players who you consider weak. Ismaila Sarr is a winger that scored 8 goals in the French league last season. He has played on the wing for Watford and Striker in a 4-4-2.

But his main position is the wing.

You just want to argue for no reason beyond argument sake.

The core issue is very simple, " Senegal has far more quality players on paper than we do, very simple.

That doesn't mean we can not beat them just that it is unlikely.

Everyone here has said Mane, Koulibaly and Gueye are good players and no one is arguing against that.And the truth is apart from this 4 Guys the rest are Farmers abeg.

And the topic of discussion here is about FORM. Koulibaly and his Napoli side are struggling at the moment while Semi Ajayi and his club are very good at the moment. It doesn't mean Semi is anywhere as good as Koulibaly.

I myself has praised Diallo here on this thread

And on the far more quality i don't agree if Ismailla Sarr, Diagne and Keita Balde can be making thier team even with poorer stat than Players who struggle who make Super Eagles squad then I wonder where the talents are.

You even mentioned Omar Niasse, He definitely wouldn't make Super Eagles squad either so what's your point??

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:08pm On Dec 10, 2019
Sarr is not even better than Ejuke. Fact.

safarigirl:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 11:08pm On Dec 10, 2019
Guy! are you joking or what?
andrewbaba44:

Please list the nigerian that have been better apart from 2 or 3, even you your self know this

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:09pm On Dec 10, 2019
fabyom:
Guy! are you joking or what?

Remind me , at least i will learn from you

You wanna call ekong and co abi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:10pm On Dec 10, 2019
safarigirl:

He is not
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:10pm On Dec 10, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Yes. And that is my point. Two different viewspoints... Individual players viewpoint and NT viewpoints.

For most in-form/Best Africa national team of 2019, It is Algeria.

But for the African nation, with the highest number of most in-form individual players so far this season, It is definitely Nigeria.

Hmm, Good point

That naija own is arguable sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:14pm On Dec 10, 2019
Arguable? Oya Tell me the African nation with the highest number of genuinely in-form players in Europe today, in this ongoing season. Coz that was the origin of all this talk (traced to Blueelf/Darkelf's post in which he stated that Nigeria has more in-form players right now than any other African nation).

andrewbaba44:

Hmm, Good point

That naija own is arguable sha

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:15pm On Dec 10, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Arguable? Oya Tell me the African nation with the highest number of genuinely in-form players in Europe today, in this ongoing season. Coz that was the origin of all this talk (traced to Blueelf/Darkelf's post in which he stated that Nigeria has more in-form players right now than any other African nation).

Okay

Please list our inform players sha then i will know
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:16pm On Dec 10, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Side by side, Aina has been better than anything Senegal can offer at the RB position.

Headless chicken Simoses has done better than all the Senegalese wingers, so far this season. Sarr and Balde have been a shadow of themselves.

Chuks trumps everything Senegalese can boast of as wingers.

Gueye of PSG is a learner compared to the present Ndidi in the DM position.

Besides Koulibaly, our centre backs have done better this season, compared to theirs.

They can't boast of any AM as good as Iwobi.

That said, we and Dem no be mate in the goal keeping department Sha grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BARAJ92(m): 11:18pm On Dec 10, 2019
safarigirl:
Nigeria has the most in form players in Africa.

Straight FACTS
Which players are in form in Africa, mention fifteen Nigeria players starting regularly for a team in the top division of the Five top european league. Iheanacho and maja are both bench warmers. Only Ndidi in the English league, Ramon Azeez, samuel chukwueze, Omeruo and awaziem in laliga, Ola Aina and Ekong in italy, Collins in bundesliga, Osimhen and simon moses in France

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry2(m): 11:19pm On Dec 10, 2019
komekn:

Sometimes there are some argument that expose people complete lack of knowledge.

Koulibaly is on the way to becoming the most expensive defender in football history currently. He is arguably the best CB in the world.

And someone is saying l dont know anything about African football.

Essentially Senegal have far more players playing in the top 5 leagues of Europe than we do. They also have a never ending conveyor belt of talent from the French league one.

Our only striker making waves is Victor Osimhen in the top leagues.

Habib Diallo has scored same number of goals as Victor Osimhen. Somehow the person who is saying l dont know anything about African didn't even know his name.

We could talk about Mbiaye Diana or Ismaila Sarr.

Instead we are getting orgasmic and euphoric about our striker who has scored two goals KC this season, is it good enough probably yes because we lack quality strikers. But then again we simply don't have many if any quality striker apart from Victor.

The reality Anybody with KC stats will not even smell the Senegalese team.

They simply have far more options and strengthen in depth.

Consider Moussa Wagué has not played enough games but wait for it he plays for Barcelona.

Finally, an indictment on this divisory attitude of calling players FB and implied they are less Nigerian or loyal to the SE cause.

Look at how many of the Senegalese team were born in France and not you but many lacking knowledge will be suprised.

There is nothing to argue about....he is not better than the following centre backs: Van Dijk, Chiellini, Ramos, e.t.c

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:21pm On Dec 10, 2019
ChrisKels:

Side by side, Aina has been better than anything Senegal can offer at the RB position.

Headless chicken Simoses has done better than all the Senegalese wingers, so far this season. Sarr and Balde have been a shadow of themselves.

Chuks trumps everything Senegalese can boast of as wingers.

Gueye of PSG is a learner compared to the present Ndidi in the DM position.

Besides Koulibaly, our centre backs have done better this season, compared to theirs.

They can't boast of any AM as good as Iwobi.

That said, we and Dem no be mate in the goal keeping department Sha grin

This is what i was expecting to hear not someone just saying

But sorry koulibally is better then all our CB this season, an average koulibally is better than all naija CB

You are speaking of senegal right or african as a whole?

If its africa as a whole, iwobi is not the best AM this season

Because we are speaking of naija players being the most in-form africans in europe

Or is it naija vs senegal? if na that one we pass them for now sha , base on form
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:21pm On Dec 10, 2019
BARAJ92:
Which players are in form in Africa, mention fifteen Nigeria players starting regularly for a team in the top division of the Five top european league. Iheanacho and maja are both bench warmers. Only Ndidi in the English league, Ramon Azeez, samuel chukwueze, Omeruo and awaziem in laliga, Ola Aina and Ekong in italy, Collins in bundesliga, Osimhen and simon moses in France

If you can name more players for other African teams, then, you get talk.

All this your talk about top five leagues in Europe, is inconsequential to the point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BARAJ92(m): 11:21pm On Dec 10, 2019
ChrisKels:

I can only pick Eduard, Gomis, Koulibaly, Mane, Diallo and Gueye from the Senegalese team
Because those are the popular ones
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:23pm On Dec 10, 2019
I have already done so in one if my posts. List Senegal's and I will bring up my post and update it if need be.

andrewbaba44:

Okay

Please list our inform players sha then i will know

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:24pm On Dec 10, 2019
BARAJ92:
Because those are the popular ones

When it comes to francophone players, not just Senegalese players, i would school you.

Seems u are new in here

(1) (2) (3) ... (7932) (7933) (7934) (7935) (7936) (7937) (7938) ... (16126) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BascoVanVeli(m), Theben(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.