Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,776 members, 7,862,558 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:32 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8021) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11941164 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8018) (8019) (8020) (8021) (8022) (8023) (8024) ... (16353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:18pm On Dec 24, 2019
Bros enjoy........ And as LG says Life is Good

ChrisKels:

Everywhere gud ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:23pm On Dec 24, 2019
Let me agree a little here with you, but just one simple question,

which of the NFF, is it AMINUs, or GALADIM, or AHMED TORO, or SANI LULU or PINNICKS NFF?

Utonwanne:

The moniker in question has done nothing exceptionally wrong. NFF should prove their innocency if they are. Forget about Ganduje for now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:33pm On Dec 24, 2019
Osimhen and Tammy are roughly on par in my opinion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:37pm On Dec 24, 2019
Thats why am asking him, he seems to the only one still bringing up a matter whuch majority of us here had discussed, and he wont let us rest

constantly asking us to turn in, into a show that indict a newly elected minister of sport of corruption

Clementoke:

Like seriously, I am also beginning to realise that he has a particular interest (which is sinister in nature) in that particular case.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:05pm On Dec 24, 2019
Kbs468:

The saying for the NFF to do something about siasia's matter is not about monetary compensation or donation per se but to help disprove FIFA and the match fixing charges against him though

If NFF as a body was not involved in the case, how can they help him disprove FIFA?? NFF can only provide moral support.

Siasia major obstacle now is money to defend himself.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:07pm On Dec 24, 2019
Blueelf:

Font mind them jare

Let Ebere Eze declare for the 3 lions and watch them downplay his game hence forth.

How can Osimhen bench Tammy? They're one and the same. Mourinho won't have Tammy and then waste money on a second striker like osimhen

They are both strikers but VERY DIFFERENT in thier style and character as well as individual attributes. Thier capacity to adapt and be versatile to different types and patterns of football will also very different.

I don't use YouTube videos as a benchmark for players quality. However, it can give you a very good insight into a players character, style and inherent technical attributes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9I1nOp4fFE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOj-MH_OJLY

So now what do you think❓

Osimhen thrives with the ball to run on too and behind the defenders. That's where he can use his pace. The team strategy at Lille is entirely geared up towards him.

In a bigger team that will not be the case.

You can make your own deductions on Tega. You have eyes.

It's for this reason Victor has to be very very careful what team he chooses to go toafterwards Lille. A team that suits his attributes and that will play to enhance them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:16pm On Dec 24, 2019
ChrisKels:

This is too childish. U act as though the presence of this lil girl threatens ur whole being. This reeks of inferiority complex and absence of self esteem. Dude plz grow up

It has nothing to do with this little girl as you put it.

She may have instigated the response but it is not about her more about ME and my Nigeria experience.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:19pm On Dec 24, 2019
Kog45:
What has salary or no obligation got to do with what Odegbami said.

It's simple as ABC my man.NFF has every right to ask FIFA what really transpired that led to life ban.

Siasia only coach Nigeria team and such ban must have comes from any of Nigeria matches but with what Odegbami wrote,not responded to a mail shouldn't have led to life ban.

Realistically, the only thing NFF can do to support Siasia is donate to his defense at CAS.

Siasia crime is match fixing and not the failure to respond to a mail.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:19pm On Dec 24, 2019
jihday:
Because very few successful epl players will decide to go to French league, aside PSG the French ligue can't match epl and laliga in wages

Maybe so maybe not.

Look at players Slimani, Depay, Maria, etc flopped in the EPL but big players in the French league.

And there are a lot more
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:20pm On Dec 24, 2019
ChrisKels:

Miami wink wink

Miami Florida not a good idea in my opinion.

Prefer Warri Naija anytime.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:32pm On Dec 24, 2019
both are exciting youngsters. tammy is good and more elegant on the ball with better touches but sentiment aside with osimhen's robust and all action style of play i will pick him ahead if tammy.

osimhen style makes him handful for opposing defenders. he is just exactly like ivorian and chelsea great didier drogba.

komekn:

They are both strikers but VERY DIFFERENT in thier style and character as well as individual attributes. Thier capacity to adapt and be versatile to different types and patterns of football will also very different.

I don't use YouTube videos as a benchmark for players quality. However, it can give you a very good insight into a players character, style and inherent technical attributes.

Osimhen thrives with the ball to run on too and behind the defenders. That's where he can use his pace. The team strategy at Lille is entirely geared up towards him.

It's for this reason Victor has to be very very careful what team he chooses to go toafterwards Lille. A team that suits his attributes and that will play to enhance them.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:32pm On Dec 24, 2019
I'm afraid, If I were to judge by the clips you shared alone, I would go for Osimhen.
Tammy's video did not do justice to his goal poaching instinct. Osimhen relies more on pace, and less trickery but clever ball control still. If I were a scout, after watching these clips, I would go for Osimhen. Osimhen is more a mobile forward. Really, they are different kind of players. I don't think Tammy will thrive in a team that likes to exploit the use of pace either.

komekn:

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:38pm On Dec 24, 2019
tammy seem more classy but osimhen is a dynamite. the guy's strength,pace and agility bellies his young age. also he seem more hungry

the only thing that i see stopping osimhem from becoming one of the best from the african continent atleast is injury, aside that he is built and molded to become a legend in the game which is propelled by his hunger and never say die spirit.

tammy is good and classy on the ball but can easily be caged by dreaded defenders

Joebie:
I'm afraid, If I were to judge by the clips you shared alone, I would go for Osimhen.
Tammy's video did not do justice to his goal poaching instinct. Osimhen relies more on pace, and less trickery but clever ball control still. If I were a scout, after watching these clips, I would go for Osimhen. Osimhen is more a mobile forward. Really, they are different kind of players. I don't think Tammy will thrive in a team that likes to exploit the use of pace either.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:41pm On Dec 24, 2019
komekn:

Miami Florida not a good idea in my opinion.

Prefer Warri Naija anytime.

Alryt bro. So, when are u going back to Warri to reside permanently?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:49pm On Dec 24, 2019
charlesemeka85:
both are exciting youngsters. tammy is good and more elegant on the ball with better touches but sentiment aside with osimhen's robust and all action style of play i will pick him ahead if tammy.

osimhen style makes him handful for opposing defenders. he is just exactly like ivorian and chelsea great didier drogba.

One thing you can agree

Abraham is better aerially than Osimhen cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:52pm On Dec 24, 2019
Tammy is less gra gra more brain. Again, it depends on how the team is set up. I don't think Tammy will thrive in an Osimhen kind of team and vice versa.
If i were to play both in the same team, I will use Tammy more as the support striker.

charlesemeka85:
tammy seem more classy but osimhen is a dynamite. the guy's strength,pace and agility bellies his young age. also he seem more hungry

the only thing that i see stopping osimhem from becoming one of the best from the african continent atleast is injury, aside that he is built and molded to become a legend in the game which is propelled by his hunger and never say die spirit.

tammy is good and classy on the ball but can easily be caged by dreaded defenders

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:53pm On Dec 24, 2019
I doubt you have any idea of the number of goals osimhen have converted aerially right from his U17 days with the national team, Charleroi and lille
Subzero047:

One thing you can agree

Abraham is better aerially than Osimhen cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:53pm On Dec 24, 2019
Offers for Dennis Bonaventure so far

Crystal Palace
Real Betis
Borussia Monchengladbach

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:55pm On Dec 24, 2019
He should go to Spain or France. I think that's where most of our players should be in their development years.

tbaba1234:
Offers for Dennis Bonaventure so far

Crystal Palace
Betis
Sevilla
Borussia Monchengladbach

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:57pm On Dec 24, 2019
You are right. Tammy is classy and elegant on the ball more than Osimhen but the latter is more explosive and robust than the former.

I doubt Tammy would have done much in African football if he pitched tent with 9ja. He seem well built for a league like the LA Liga.

Joebie:
Tammy is less gra gra more brain. Again, it depends on how the team is set up. I don't think Tammy will thrive in an Osimhen kind of team and vice versa.
If i were to play both in the same team, I will use Tammy more as the support striker.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:58pm On Dec 24, 2019
Betis and moncheglabach will be good for him
Joebie:
He should go to Spain or France. I think that's where most of our players should be in their development years.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:02pm On Dec 24, 2019
Germany? Nooo

charlesemeka85:
Betis and moncheglabach will be good for him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:03pm On Dec 24, 2019
why cheesy cheesy cheesy
Joebie:
Germany? Nooo

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:04pm On Dec 24, 2019
Our forwards should stay away from Germany. We don't have a good record there for whatever reason.

charlesemeka85:
why cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:06pm On Dec 24, 2019
Osimhen's advantages over Abraham :

Aggressiveness
Mentality
Finishing
Instinct

Abraham's advantages

Aerial ability
Team work
Technicality
Hold up play

My judgment - Osimhen is a better striker

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:06pm On Dec 24, 2019
Serie A club Napoli are exploring ways to sign Chelsea starlet Faustino Anjorin in the January transfer window, according to various reports emanating from the Italian press including calcionapoli1926.it.

Napoli are in the market for a midfielder, with new coach Gennaro Gattuso preferring to line-up in a 4-3-3 formation and the Chelsea whizkid has been identified as a possible reinforcement.

Anjorin shares the same agent as Jeremie Boga, who is also attracting interest from Napoli ahead of the reopening of the transfer window and during one of the meetings, Napoli sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli was informed about the England U19 international.

The 2001-born box-to-box midfielder has been at Chelsea for over ten years, first joining their development center at U7 level before officially signing a contract at U9 level.

He made his first team debut for the Blues in a League Cup clash against Grimsby Town on September 25 this year, replacing Pedro in the 67th minute and became the youngest player of Nigerian descent to debut for Chelsea in a domestic competition aged 17 years, 10 months and 2 days.

Earlier this year, Anjorin was on the radar of Borussia Dortmund, Paris Saint-Germain and OGC Nice.

He won the FA Youth Cup, U18 Premier League and U18 Premier League Cup with Chelsea in the 2017-2018 season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:07pm On Dec 24, 2019
osimhen is also good at the first and last attributes but tammy is more technical
Subzero047:
Osimhen's advantages over Abraham :

Aggressiveness
Mentality
Finishing
Instinct

Abraham's advantages

Aerial ability
Team work
Technicality
Hold up play
My judgment - Osimhen is a better striker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:09pm On Dec 24, 2019
he didn't say Osimhen was bad at the bolded. At the most part, I agree with subzero
charlesemeka85:
osimhen is also good at the bolded
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:10pm On Dec 24, 2019
you are right though. i can only mention akpoborie,agali and maybe martins or ujah to an extend. obasi also was decent
Joebie:
Our forwards should stay away from Germany. We don't have a good record there for whatever reason.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:12pm On Dec 24, 2019
funnily those two names were on my mind when I wrote the initial post, but how long ago was that? Unless you wan talk Ujah grin
charlesemeka85:
you are right though. i can only mention akpoborie,agali and maybe martins to an extend.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:13pm On Dec 24, 2019
Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr has been named as Bordeaux's record appearance holder in the French Ligue 1 over the past fifty years.

The official website of the Ligue de Football Professionnel (LFP) has revealed the record appearance holders of matches in Ligue 1 Conforama with the same club, and the Franco-German made the cut.

23 players have played 300 or more Ligue 1 Conforama games under the colors of the same club, and the division's record appearance holder is Jean-Luc Ettori, goalkeeper of AS Monaco between 1975 and 1994, totaling 602 league games with the Principality club.

In thirteenth place is Gernot Rohr, who racked up 352 appearances for Bordeaux before hanging up his boots, placing first for Les Girondins ahead of defender Marc Planus who had 300 games under his belt.

A product of Bayern Munich, the defender joined Bordeaux in 1977 and ended a 12-year association with the club in 1989 at the age of 36, after netting 13 goals in the French top-flight.

Rohr is best known at Bordeaux for being in the dugout when they lost the 1996 UEFA Cup final to his former club, Bayern Munich.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:20pm On Dec 24, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr has been named as Bordeaux's record appearance holder in the French Ligue 1 over the past fifty years.

The official website of the Ligue de Football Professionnel (LFP) has revealed the record appearance holders of matches in Ligue 1 Conforama with the same club, and the Franco-German made the cut.

23 players have played 300 or more Ligue 1 Conforama games under the colors of the same club, and the division's record appearance holder is Jean-Luc Ettori, goalkeeper of AS Monaco between 1975 and 1994, totaling 602 league games with the Principality club.

In thirteenth place is Gernot Rohr, who racked up 352 appearances for Bordeaux before hanging up his boots, placing first for Les Girondins ahead of defender Marc Planus who had 300 games under his belt.

A product of Bayern Munich, the defender joined Bordeaux in 1977 and ended a 12-year association with the club in 1989 at the age of 36, after netting 13 goals in the French top-flight.

Rohr is best known at Bordeaux for being in the dugout when they lost the 1996 UEFA Cup final to his former club, Bayern Munich.

What position did Rohr play grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8018) (8019) (8020) (8021) (8022) (8023) (8024) ... (16353) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: M7even(m), Puntingnoob, Mybettingtips(m), victornoah(m), lovewins, Philosopher1979, zuchyblink(m), Posh(m), Goke7, minfelix(m), Tessyy1701 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.