Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,239 members, 7,839,263 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8043) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11802472 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8040) (8041) (8042) (8043) (8044) (8045) (8046) ... (16209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:10am On Dec 28, 2019
jihday:
Gbayi. See klopp, he didn't spend any money this season even sold some dead woods but Pep bought a 50mill player but we can see who's playing better

Forgetting that Danilo left. 50million player is nothing today. Heck, is Iwobi not 40million. Liverpool broke the bank for Allison and Van Dyke.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:10am On Dec 28, 2019
i doubt you know his history right from mainz in the german 2nd tier to dortmund. what was dortmund's pedigree before kloop joined them?
TheGoodJoe:
OTAMENDI IMPROVEMENT KEY TO 2017-18 SUCCESS

But it was perhaps his passing quality that was most impressive, and particularly pleasing for Guardiola, whose work on the training ground has clearly had a seismic effect on the Argentine. Otamendi, not a natural ball-playing centre-half, added a new dimension to his game last season, proving adept at bringing the ball out of defence and starting attacks with passes into space.

It was a remarkable transformation. The player we saw the previous season rarely stepped into midfield and played on the front foot, playing the ball between the lines to begin attacking moves. Now he does it regularly.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.mancity.com/news/first-team/first-team-news/2018/may/nicolas-otamendi-man-city-pep-guardiola

By the way, Klopp has spent a fortune on players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:10am On Dec 28, 2019
charlesemeka85:
rivaldo left barca 2002 for milan

And ronaldinho arrived 03?

Then rivaldo was the best before ronadinho arrived
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:11am On Dec 28, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
andrewbaba44:

And ronaldinho arrived 03?

Then rivaldo was the best before ronadinho arrived
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:13am On Dec 28, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Danielnino00:

How much did he sign Jao Cancelo for again ?

grin

I read somewhere that he is planning to offload him already...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:16am On Dec 28, 2019
charlesemeka85:

i doubt you know his history right from mainz in the german 2nd tier to dortmund. what was dortmund's pedigree before kloop joined them?

He has good pedigree with young players but when it came to the EPL, Klopp had to spend a fortune to compete.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:20am On Dec 28, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

He has good pedigree with young players but when it came to the EPL, Klopp had to spend a fortune to compete.

Klopp has spent almost 450 or so

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:21am On Dec 28, 2019
dinho was already finished when pep offloaded him and from the begining he wasnt in his plans. pep is a barca brought up who knows the club in and out and also coached the la masia when it was blessed with abundant talents.

in order to accommodate xavi,iniesta,messi and co he had to discard etoo,ronaldinho and deco and few others and the aforementioned team who have been imbibed with barca's philosophy and style of play were the fulcrum of his new team in order to perfect that barca's traditional style.

if zlatan came in but was discarded immediately so that messi will be the focal point of the team's attack

andrewbaba44:

But barcelona have always don well in the champions league nah

As bad as velverde the clown usually makes the semi final and then fumble

Give me a reason why barca should not win last season champions league, even you yourself didnt believe

But you guys said the same thing about ronaldinho nah

Take a look at these players that have played for barcelona

Rivaldo, ronaldo de lima, neymar, ronaldinho

What makes you think we wont get more grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:22am On Dec 28, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Klopp has spent almost 450 or so

To some, he is only using players from the Academy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:23am On Dec 28, 2019
yes of course but it took him time to start spending. who are the most expensive players in liverpool team bought by kloop? how many players have pep graduated from man city's academy to the first team since he took over?
TheGoodJoe:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:27am On Dec 28, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Lol

£75,000,000 van dijk

£52,500,000 naby keita

£56,250,000 Allison , Isnt he world most expensive GK?

I was thinking its only pep that buy players for such amount grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:29am On Dec 28, 2019
charlesemeka85:
yes of course but it took him time to start spending. who are the most expensive players in liverpool team bought by kloop? how many players have pep graduated from man city's academy to the first team since he took over?

Alexander arnold

Gomez?

Anyone else ?

I was thinking all klopp players where from Liverpool academy

Please correct me if there are more

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:31am On Dec 28, 2019
charlesemeka85:

It took him time to start spending thats why it also took him time to win a major trophy

Its simple and clear

Na only arsenal wenger go claim saint here

Even your man united self don spend more than liverpool self from van gaal time till now grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:32am On Dec 28, 2019
he spent in the areas that needed to be fortified which is the central defense and goalkeeping position which is the reason they have to spend big to solve the major issue in the team by bringing in alisson and van dijk.

since the signing of van dijk and alisson do liverpool concede useless goals anymore? they made it to 2 ucl finals,won one which was followed by the uefa super cup,world club cup and on the verge of taking the epl trophy to anfield. those these success not justifying the amount he has spent?

i remember when jose joined inter and won the league that season with the italian cup, inter supremo then morrati met him and told him that his target next season is to bring the ucl title to san siro which jose requested for that to be achieved he should be furnished will 100 euros to sign few players which was given to him and the rest is history till date.

etoo was once asked between jose and pep who is a better coach and replied the interviewer that "one won the champions league with porto while the other couldn't win it with bayern" cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
TheGoodJoe:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:34am On Dec 28, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Lol

£75,000,000 van dijk

£52,500,000 naby keita

I was thinking its only pep that buy players for such amount grin

Chamberlain 35m, Fabinho 43m, Salah 43m, Mane 30m, Wijnaldum 25m, Van Dyke 75m, Allison 65m, Keita 52m, Shaquiri 13m.

Yet he is working on a budget.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:34am On Dec 28, 2019
charlesemeka85:
he spent in the areas that needed to be fortified which is the central defense and goalkeeping position which is the reason they have to spend big to solve the major issue in the team by bringing in alisson and van dijk.

since the signing of van dijk and alisson do liverpool concede useless goals anymore? they made it to 2 ucl finals,won one which was followed by the uefa super cup,world club cup and on the verge of taking the epl trophy to anfield. those these success not justifying the amount he has spent?

i remember when jose joined inter and won the league that season with the italian cup, inter supremo then morrati met him and told him that his target next season is to bring the ucl title to san siro which jose requested for that to be achieved he should be furnished will 100 euros to sign few players which was given to him and the rest is history till date.

etoo was once asked between jose and pep who is a better coach and replied the interviewer that "one won the champions league with porto while the other couldn't win it with bayern" cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

So guardiola didnt spend in where is needed to be fortified abi?

So you expected dead woods zabaleta ,clichy and co to continue playing for city abi so dem go win league?

What was the need of purchasing allison? Yes he is one of the best GK in the world right now, but using mignolet would not stop Liverpool from winning, but klopp prefers his younger brothers Loris Floprius in a champions league final

Clap for your self ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:36am On Dec 28, 2019
yes of course to the bolded and the board regrets those signing till date which is the reason they are focused on bringing in young talented player mainly from around britain to rebuild the team. with the amount of money pep sinked in bringing players to man city he would have atleast won 1 ucl title.

you wont spend millions in pounds just to win the epl with a team where the likes of mancini and pelegrini achieved the same feat
andrewbaba44:

It took him time to start spending thats why it also took him time to win a major trophy

Its simple and clear

Na only arsenal wenger go claim saint here

Even your man united self don spend more than liverpool self from van gaal time till now grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:36am On Dec 28, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Guardiola spent to replace aging players too. Etoo can talk rubbish but it does not change the fact Guardiola transformed football forever.

From Spain, Germany to England, you see his influence on a lot of teams and managers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:38am On Dec 28, 2019
he did and what happened? a less fancied spurs made it to the ucl finals with a budget not close to that of man city. stop being blind and accept the fact. what about monaco that disgraced city and pep out of the same competition few seasons ago?

kloop is a better coach and manager to me than pep
andrewbaba44:

So guardiola didnt spend in where is needed to be fortified abi?

So you expected dead woods zabaleta ,clichy and co to continue playing for city abi so dem go win league?

Clap for your self ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:38am On Dec 28, 2019
charlesemeka85:
yes of course to the bolded and the board regrets those signing till date which is the reason they are focused on bringing in young talented player mainly from around britain to rebuild the team. with the amount of money pep sinked in bringing players to man city he would have atleast won 1 ucl title.

you wont spend millions in pounds just to win the epl with a team where the likes of mancini and pelegrini achieved the same feat

Uncle only Leicester city is innocent here okay in terms of winning the epl without spending
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:40am On Dec 28, 2019
charlesemeka85:
he did and what happened? a less fancied spurs made it to the ucl finals with a budget not close to that of man city. stop being blind and accept the fact. what about monaco that disgraced city and pep out of the same competition few seasons ago?

kloop is a better coach and manager to me than pep

But a less fancy spurs didnt win the ucl nah, na who win cup we know ooo grin

Pochetino remains a coach with no achievement grin

Yes monaco disgraced city but that doesnt change the fact that pep has 2 ucl medals to his name and you cant remove it grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:44am On Dec 28, 2019
i never said pep is not a good coach, please do not quote me out of context. and mind you pep is not the inventor of tiki taka/total football style of play . it originated from the dutch and mastered by great tacticians out of the same country. that is the same style a lot of renowned tacticians from the Netherlands during his coaching career. louis van gaal was a master to the tactics
TheGoodJoe:

Guardiola spent to replace aging players too. Etoo can talk rubbish but it does not change the fact Guardiola transformed football forever.

From Spain, Germany to England, you see his influence on a lot of teams and managers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:46am On Dec 28, 2019
and pep wouldn't have achieved anything if he coached spurs. i bet you that if poch had the calibre of players and the finances at pep's possession in city he would have won the epl more than once. andrew you know nothing about football

andrewbaba44:

But a less fancy spurs didnt win the ucl nah, na who win cup we know ooo grin

Pochetino remains a coach with no achievement grin

Yes monaco disgraced city but that doesnt change the fact that pep has 2 ucl medals to his name and you cant remove it grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:47am On Dec 28, 2019
charlesemeka85:
i never said pep is not a good coach, please do not quote me out of context. and mind you pep is not the inventor of tiki taka/total football style of play . it originated from the dutch and mastered by great tacticians out of the same country. that is the same style a lot of renowned tacticians from the Netherlands during his coaching career. louis van gaal was a master to the tactics

I support you at the bolded

You are not one of them on this thread, i know all of them

Thou i am stating my points sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:48am On Dec 28, 2019
city's hierarchy wants the ucl not epl which is the major reason pep was signed cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
andrewbaba44:

Uncle only Leicester city is innocent here okay in terms of winning the epl without spending
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:49am On Dec 28, 2019
charlesemeka85:
and pep wouldn't have achieved anything if he coached spurs. i bet you that if poch had the calibre of players and the finances at pep's possession in city he would have won the epl more than once. andrew you know nothing about football

Why dont you allow him to coach spurs first?

Even gernot rohr have achieved more than pochettino

Pochetino got the chance to win the epl during Leicester city time but he failed

Na when pep and klopp come e go come win abi or even conte?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:49am On Dec 28, 2019
all i am trying to say is that pep will find it very difficult in a team with low budget and finances.
andrewbaba44:

I support you at the bolded

You are not one of them on this thread, i know all of them

Thou i am stating my points sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:50am On Dec 28, 2019
charlesemeka85:
city's hierarchy wants the ucl not epl which is the major reason pep was signed cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Make dem try nah

Me i am supporting madrid against them and so do epl fan boys

Spanish teams comes first

The only thing i dont like about madrid winning 3 champions league was ronaldo balon d or
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:51am On Dec 28, 2019
charlesemeka85:
all i am trying to say is that pep will find it very difficult in a team with low budget and finances.

Like current tottenham abi ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:53am On Dec 28, 2019
you well at all? was spurs the only the team in the epl that season? poch did a great job at spurs by putting them in the map of big teams in the epl currently.

do you know spurs management are the most difficult to work with in terms of funding a coach to bring in players? do you know spurs players are among the least paid players when ranked with the top teams currently in the epl?

andrewbaba44:

Why dont you allow him to coach spurs first?

Even gernot rohr have achieved more than pochettino

Pochetino got the chance to win the epl during Leicester city time but he failed

Na when pep and klopp come e go come win abi or even conte?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:58am On Dec 28, 2019
charlesemeka85:
you well at all? was spurs the only the team in the epl that season? poch did a great job at spurs by putting them in the map of big teams in the epl currently.

do you know spurs management are the most difficult to work with in terms of funding a coach to bring in players? do you know spurs players are among the least paid players when ranked with the top teams currently in the epl?

Lets see what mourinho will do there

What team do you want pep to coach, maybe na west ham you want make e proove him self abi

What has pellegrini done at west ham, even europa league dem no see but this is a coach that won the epl with city

Carry klopp go small club and he will win nothing, should i remind you klopp is a specialist in loosing finals till last season?

Most people thinks unai emery is a bad coach but dem no no say arsenal problem na players

Should i remind you how unai emery schooled klopp in the europa league finals grin

Lol, to make it worst liverpool have better players than sevilla

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:58am On Dec 28, 2019
charlesemeka85:

No one is denying the influence of the tactical fathers of the past on Guardiola but Guardiola's success at Barcelona, Bayern and City has had tremendous effect on the beliefs in the system. A lot of teams have adapted and searching on how to imbibe the system in their games.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8040) (8041) (8042) (8043) (8044) (8045) (8046) ... (16209) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Jefersoun, Odunayaw(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.