Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,243 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11614308 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8218) (8219) (8220) (8221) (8222) (8223) (8224) ... (16128) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 9:42am On Jan 30, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Samuel Chukwueze assist....

From 3.36

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3v7tYyDI30

See Arjen robben angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:42am On Jan 30, 2020
Subzero047:

I don't know who is more stupid, Barcelona for offering 85 million for Richarlison or Everton for rejecting it

None is stupid

But richarlison is not needed at Barca

And I don’t even believe such news ,this days barcelona is linked with everyone
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:43am On Jan 30, 2020
Kbs468:

Even Rohr himself will not contemplate your position above.

Instead, Nacho would be competing with Iwobi for a place while Osimhen's number 9 position remains undisputed should he remain consistent for Leicester city

Ogbeni nacho is not a number 10

The earlier you guys get that the better for you

Nacho is not competing with Iwobi

Period
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:51am On Jan 30, 2020
Blueelf:

He is a 50m player max

Agreed

But what do you expect in this days market ?

Jason sancho is being priced for 100 million which we all know he is not worth such amount

Everton paid 40 for richarlison if I am not mistaken

Thou it’s just a rumor abeg ,Barca need a lone striker and not richarlison
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by etebefia: 10:43am On Jan 30, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Chukwueze bags an assist for Cazorla's goal as Villarreal make it 2-0. They are winning it late.

Chukwueze and Cazorla has one of the best combos in the Spanish league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:00am On Jan 30, 2020
cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:18am On Jan 30, 2020
The Super Eagles' Current Depth... Includes the incoming Naija lads of dual/multiple nationalities: Those who have declared for Nigeria and are ready + Those whose switch are close to happening already and those Naija lads whose first caps are not far off

GK: Francis Uzoho (Injured)
Daniel Akpeyi - Active and Experienced.
Maduka Okoye - still a rookie
Ikechukwu Ezenwa - Off and On.

CB: William Troost Ekong
Kenneth Omeruo
Semilogo Ajayi
Chidozie Awaziem
Leon Balogun (still available)

RB: Ola Aina
Chidozie Awaziem (not natural role)

LB: Jamilu Collins
Ola Aina
Bryan Idowu

DM: Wilfred Ndidi
Ramon Azeez
Mikel Agu
Anderson Esiti (just added him as he's been invited in a few recent lists, I don't rate him anymore)

Wingbacks: Ola Aina
Jamilu Collins
Moses Simon
Samuel Kalu

CM: Joe Aribo
Oghenekaro Etebo
Oviemuno Ejaria
Ramon Azeez

AM: Alex Iwobi

SS: Kelechi Iheanacho
Ahmed Musa

CF: Victor Osimhen
Kelechi Iheanacho
Josh Maja
Cyriel Dessers
Ebere Paul Onuachu

RW: Samuel Chukwueze
Samuel Kalu
Emmanuel Dennis Bonaventure
Sheyi Ojo

LW: Samuel Kalu
Moses Simon
Ahmed Musa
Henry Onyekuru
Peter Olayinka
Chidera Ejuke
Ademola Lookman

Others "certain to/likely to/that may" come into the picture with time:

- David Okereke (CF)
- Stephen Odey (CF)
- Ebere Eze (AM)- Once he is available after this whole "U-21 smokescreen" episode.
- Dominic Iorfa Jr (CB)
- Tyronne Ebuehi (RB) - Once he starts getting decent playing time again.
- Umar Sadiq (CF)
- Olanrenwaju Kayode (CF) - A far fringe player that may work his way back depending on circumstances.
- Osaze Urhoghide (RB)
- Bukayo Saka (LW, LM, LB, *RW)- If he commits to us. We get this kid and we have another "Super Eagle" at Arsenal after Kanu and Iwobi.
- Any of the German-born Naija lads who changes their mind and declares for us like Jordan Torunarigha, Felix Uduokhai, Kevin Akpoguma.
- etc.... etc.... Etc..... (Time no dey to mention all)

From the above we can clearly see the areas that need strengthening in our darling Super Eagles team and we can safely say we are super packed in quality on the LW

The AM role takes topmost priority, followed by the Goalie role, then the fullbacks roles... Then others can follow. The CM role will soon have Ejaria added to give Aribo that competition alongside Etebo which gives us mad depth but another may still be sought to further deepen the quality depth. Azeez Ramon is also there for backup. Looking like 3+1 is more than enough shaa.

#ThursdayThoughts

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:23am On Jan 30, 2020
I agree. They seem to combine effortlessly. Always creating chances for and between each other.

etebefia:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 11:25am On Jan 30, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
The Super Eagles' Current Depth... Includes the incoming Naija lads of dual/multiple nationalities: Those who have declared for Nigeria and are ready + Those whose switch are close to happening already and those Naija lads whose first caps are not far off

Kenneth Omeruo
Semilogo Ajayi
Chidozie Awaziem

Ola Aina
Bryan Idowu

Ramon Azeez
Mikel Agu
Anderson Esiti (just added him as he's been invited in a few recent lists, I don't rate him anymore)

Jamilu Collins
Moses Simon
Samuel Kalu

Oviemuno Ejaria
Ramon Azeez

Ahmed Musa

Kelechi Iheanacho
Josh Maja
Cyriel Dessers
Ebere Paul Onuachu

Samuel Kalu
Sheyi Ojo

Moses Simon
Ahmed Musa
Henry Onyekuru
Peter Olayinka
Chidera Ejuke
Ademola Lookman

- David Okereke (CF)
- Stephen Odey (CF)
- Ebere Eze (AM)- Once he is available after this whole "U-21 smokescreen" episode.
- Dominic Iorfa Jr (CB)
- Umar Sadiq (CF)
- Olanrenwaju Kayode (CF) - A far fringe player that may work his way back depending on circumstances.
- Osaze Urhoghide (RB)
- Any of the German-born Naija lads who changes their mind and declares for us like Jordan Torunarigha, Felix Uduokhai, Kevin Akpoguma.

From the above we can clearly see the areas that need strengthening in our darling Super Eagles team and we can safely say we are super packed in quality on the LW

The AM role takes topmost priority, followed by the Goalie role, then the fullbacks roles... Then others can follow. The CM role will soon have Ejaria added to give Aribo that competition which gives us mad depth but another can still be sought to further deepen the quality depth. Azeez Ramon is also there for backup.

#ThursdayThoughts

Alhassan Yusuf needs to be considered. He is wanted by european clubs and making waves in sweeden. He is only 19 and he is a box to box or central midfielder
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:27am On Jan 30, 2020
He falls under those who will likely come into the picture with time. Another of the many etc, etc... He is a decent talent.

Philosopher1979:

Alhassan Yusuf needs to be considered. He is wanted by european clubs and making waves in sweeden. He is only 19 and he is a box to box or central midfielder

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:34am On Jan 30, 2020
List updated to include Etebo who I almost forgot. And ofcos to give a mention to Saka as one of the Likelies or Maybes to come into the picture depending on if he commits to us. Just like the Ebere Eze case.

TheSuperNerd:

Kenneth Omeruo
Semilogo Ajayi
Chidozie Awaziem

Ola Aina
Bryan Idowu

Ramon Azeez
Mikel Agu

Jamilu Collins
Moses Simon
Samuel Kalu

Oghenekaro Etebo
Oviemuno Ejaria
Ramon Azeez

Ahmed Musa

Kelechi Iheanacho
Josh Maja
Cyriel Dessers
Ebere Paul Onuachu

Samuel Kalu
Sheyi Ojo

Moses Simon
Ahmed Musa
Henry Onyekuru
Peter Olayinka
Chidera Ejuke
Ademola Lookman

- David Okereke (CF)
- Stephen Odey (CF)
- Dominic Iorfa Jr (CB)
- Umar Sadiq (CF)
- Osaze Urhoghide (RB)
- Bukayo Saka (LW, LM, LB, *RW)- If he commits to us. We get this kid and we have another "Super Eagle" at Arsenal after Kanu and Iwobi.

The AM role takes topmost priority, followed by the Goalie role, then the fullbacks roles... Then others can follow. The CM role will soon have Ejaria added to give Aribo that competition alongside Etebo which gives us mad depth but another may still be sought to further deepen the quality depth. Azeez Ramon is also there for backup. Looking like 3+1 is more than enough shaa.

#ThursdayThoughts

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:36am On Jan 30, 2020
Subzero047:

Is he an 85 million player?

Why not in today's market. He is the type of player you build a team around but he works like he is not best player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by etebefia: 11:55am On Jan 30, 2020
Obviously the AM is the biggest area of concern and I can't think of anyone else than Eberechi Eze or even Ejiara. Meanwhile your list has Sheyi Ojo (of Rangers FC), has he switched to Nigeria?

TheSuperNerd:

Kenneth Omeruo
Semilogo Ajayi
Chidozie Awaziem

Ola Aina
Bryan Idowu

Ramon Azeez
Mikel Agu

Jamilu Collins
Moses Simon
Samuel Kalu

Oghenekaro Etebo
Oviemuno Ejaria
Ramon Azeez

Ahmed Musa

Kelechi Iheanacho
Josh Maja
Cyriel Dessers
Ebere Paul Onuachu

Samuel Kalu
Sheyi Ojo

Moses Simon
Ahmed Musa
Henry Onyekuru
Peter Olayinka
Chidera Ejuke
Ademola Lookman

- David Okereke (CF)
- Stephen Odey (CF)
- Dominic Iorfa Jr (CB)
- Umar Sadiq (CF)
- Osaze Urhoghide (RB)

#ThursdayThoughts
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:00pm On Jan 30, 2020
etebefia:

I dont think so bro

How many goals have chuks assisted carzola? how many goals have carzola assisted chuks in scoring ?

Its not even up to 3 and yet you said they have one of the best combos in the Spanish league?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:05pm On Jan 30, 2020
He has since declared and Nigeria's federation has taken note. I believe his switch is being processed also. The switch process for Lookman began earlier than for some of these lads whose switch will be confirmed at later times. Even Ejaria is not far behind. His will be confirmed soon.

https://m.guardian.ng/sport/ojo-begins-process-to-switch-allegiance-to-nigeria/

etebefia:
Obviously the AM is the biggest area of concern and I can't think of anyone else than Eberechi Eze or even Ejiara. Meanwhile your list has Sheyi Ojo (of Rangers FC), has he switched to Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:07pm On Jan 30, 2020
It's not about the stats alone leading to goals. They both create a lot of chances between and for each other. If it's by goals, surely they are not to be found among the best in Spain but surely their combination is among the sweetest to watch in Spain. I understand the guy's view... And I believe he meant in Spain not just in La Liga because the combo of yesterday was in Copa Del Rey sef... Not in La liga. He refers to their all round partnership synergy.

andrewbaba44:

I dont think so bro

How many goals have chuks assisted carzola? how many goals have carzola assisted chuks in scoring ?

Its not even up to 3 and yet you said they have one of the best combos in the Spanish league?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 12:23pm On Jan 30, 2020
Icon4s:

I tell you bro. They must not erase our record o.
They could ooo because they have relatively easy pairing before their 49th match versus Manchester City ooo and easier ones yet again after that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:30pm On Jan 30, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
It's not about the stats alone leading to goals. They both create a lot of chances between and for each other. If it's by goals, surely they are not to be found among the best in Spain but surely their combination is among the sweetest to watch in Spain. I understand the guy's view... And I believe he meant in Spain not just in La Liga because the combo of yesterday was in Copa Del Rey sef... Not in La liga. He refers to their all round partnership synergy.

Got ya

But still not among the best combos in Spain
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:47pm On Jan 30, 2020

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by etebefia: 12:50pm On Jan 30, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I dont think so bro

Aside goals and assists, if you watch Villarreal games you will notice that all Villarreal players look out for Chukwueze each time they have the ball and Chukwueze mostly look out for Cazorla each time he has the ball.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by poseidonsaiz(m): 1:04pm On Jan 30, 2020
etebefia:
Aside goals and assists, if you watch Villarreal games you will notice that all Villarreal players look out for Chukwueze each time they have the ball and Chukwueze mostly look out for Cazorla each time he has the ball.

Well spotted.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sophtcopy: 1:06pm On Jan 30, 2020
19 point gap is almost unimaginable at the beginning of the season but I just have this feeling and secret fear that my dear Liverpool may bottle the league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:17pm On Jan 30, 2020
For now, i will prioritize Bukayo Saka over any other internationals we tryna court. His crosses alone will make us find a striker with Headmaster's skills. I consider him a winger personally, but he can play elsewhere too.

We should rush him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:19pm On Jan 30, 2020
We have many SE players performing above average consistently.... This Afcon is ours if we serious. Gk role is still shaky to me.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:32pm On Jan 30, 2020
etebefia:

Alrite bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:36pm On Jan 30, 2020
sophtcopy:
19 point gap is almost unimaginable at the beginning of the season but I just have this feeling and secret fear that my dear Liverpool may bottle the league.

Story for the gods

The epl is over abeg

Take a look at the gap, i am glad its happening in England , because if na barca dey use 19 point gap people go say laliga na weak league

Thanks to klopp and pep for making the epl sweet, if not it would have been a 1 horse league from any of those side

I am supporting city but we have to give big kudos to liverpool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 1:57pm On Jan 30, 2020
sophtcopy:

Plastic fan. grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 2:00pm On Jan 30, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I dont think so bro

Another pro-Nigerian hype and potential gaffe of the year loading......

Wetin man no go see for this thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:04pm On Jan 30, 2020
Blueelf:

[s]Another pro-Nigerian hype and potential gaffe of the year loading......

Wetin man no go see for this thread.[/s]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 2:35pm On Jan 30, 2020
Hmmmm China league suspended due to coronavirus

IGHALO pls enter the next plane come hauz oooo,

and our Super Falcons players oya, make una jakpaaa from dia asap, life dey very precious ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sophtcopy: 3:01pm On Jan 30, 2020
Blueelf:

Plastic fan. grin grin
Plastic fan kwa
If only you know how long I've been a red,
How much I've suffered in the hands of fans of rival clubs especially man u and chelsea
If you know, you no go call me plastic fan.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sophtcopy: 3:04pm On Jan 30, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Story for the gods

The epl is over abeg

Take a look at the gap, i am glad its happening in England , because if na barca dey use 19 point gap people go say laliga na weak league

Thanks to klopp and pep for making the epl sweet, if not it would have been a 1 horse league from any of those side

I am supporting city but we have to give big kudos to liverpool
I know bro but the things looks too sweet to be true and teams still got 42 points to fight for ...it isn't over yet until it's finally over

(1) (2) (3) ... (8218) (8219) (8220) (8221) (8222) (8223) (8224) ... (16128) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: forgiveness, elyte89, Christology(m), lbrichman2 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.