Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,184 members, 7,829,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11748918 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8221) (8222) (8223) (8224) (8225) (8226) (8227) ... (16181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:15pm On Jan 30, 2020
Worldclass ke?

Nah clubclass and nationsclass dem get ooo,

argie with all dia worldclass dey struggle to qualify nah thinny norway?

Subzero047:

They have world class potentials, I don't see why they would not qualify

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:19pm On Jan 30, 2020
Yes... Norway has some fine talents as you've listed in addition to Alexander Sorloth (Trabzonspor), Mohammed Elyounoussi (Celtic), Kristoffer Ajer (Celtic), Josh King (Bournemouth) and even Svensson of AZ... But I'm afraid they still fall way short of the Euro powers. Even an African Top 7 team would defeat this Norway side.

And World cup na 2022 not 2023.

And Odegaard is an AM mainly. Not a CM. Sander Berge is a majorly a DM. CM is his alternative role.

Subzero047:
Norway is quietly building a world class army

Odegaard - CM
Sander Berge - CM

Haarland - CF

World cup 2023 go hot

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:26pm On Jan 30, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Still not up to super eagles

Rise and Carew time have good players

Why are you comparing them to the Super Eagles?

They are good in their own right
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:32pm On Jan 30, 2020
Subzero047:

Why are you comparing them to the Super Eagles?

They are good in their own right

Because this is a super eagles thread and I don’t like overhyping

Norway is not on super eagles level

Simple and clear

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:33pm On Jan 30, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Yes... Norway has some fine talents as you've listed in addition to Alexander Sorloth (Trabzonspor), Mohammed Elyounoussi (Celtic), Kristoffer Ajer (Celtic), Josh King (Bournemouth) and even Svensson of AZ... But I'm afraid they still fall way short of the Euro powers. Even an African Top 7 team would defeat this Norway side.

And World cup na 2022 not 2023.

And Odegaard is an AM mainly. Not a CM. Sander Berge is a majorly a DM. CM is his alternative role.

God bless you bro

I don’t even need to talk much

Even the dr Congo have better players than them

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:47pm On Jan 30, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Because this is a super eagles thread and I don’t like overhyping

Norway is not on super eagles level

Simple and clear

Na wa o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:49pm On Jan 30, 2020
Subzero047:

Na wa o

Bro i no go lie
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:52pm On Jan 30, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Bro i no go lie

U too like argument dey go abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:53pm On Jan 30, 2020
andrewbaba44:

God bless you bro

I don’t even need to talk much

Even the dr Congo have better players than them

Same way we overlooked and underrated Denmark in France 98'. ....we were already looking @ Brazil in d q-final,not knowing we will be beaten blue black by d unknown Danish guys

Learn from d past #andrew cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:08pm On Jan 30, 2020
Different scenario. That Danish team conquered Europe in 1992. So we were playing them at the peak of their powers in 1998 even when they were no more Euro champs. 92-98 was just 6 years and they still had the core key players of that Champions team. What has Norway won? Lol

elyte89:

Same way we overlooked and underrated Denmark in France 98'. ....we were already looking @ Brazil in d q-final,not knowing we will be beaten blue black by d unknown Danish guys

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:10pm On Jan 30, 2020
elyte89:

On paper, this Norway team isn't better than the super eagles.. Haaland and Ordegard alone aren't bigger than all our players..

However,u are right that they can beat us if we meet them...African teams just don't know how to beat their counterparts from Europe even if they have a better squad than them..
Senegal is in the top 20 in the world,but this Norway team can beat them...

It's about time African teams rid themselves of mediocre foreign coaches who do little or nothing to improve their national team performance at the world stage..
We have produced so many talents,but can't dominate at the world stage...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:17pm On Jan 30, 2020
Some teams in Africa right now that Norway cannot stand and will not beat if all sides play with full strength:

Nigeria - Not a boast. The Super Eagles will massacre Norway.

Senegal- No mincing of words. Senegal will flog them.

Algeria- will bash Haaland and co.

Morocco - Most definitely will defeat Norway.

Cote d'Ivoire- They can beat Norway. Highest Norway go see here na draw.

Ghana- If they are serious, Norway will fall at the hands of our bredas too.

Tunisia- The Carthage Eagles will and can beat Norway.

Cameroun- Cameroun will use gra gra football and bounce Norway. Lol.... That match na draw soup las Las.

See even Egypt can get a pyrrhic victory against Norway.

I love Haaland but plsssss Norway is no match. I won't hype up Norway because of Haaland.

Danielnino00:

On paper, this Norway team isn't better than the super eagles.. Haaland and Ordegard alone aren't bigger than all our players..

However,u are right that they can beat us if we meet them...African teams just don't know how to beat their counterparts from Europe even if they have a better squad than them..

It's about time African teams rid themselves of mediocre foreign coaches who do little or nothing to improve their national team performance at the world stage..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:30pm On Jan 30, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Some teams in Africa right now that Norway cannot stand and will not beat if all sides play with full strength:

Cameroun- Cameroun will use gra gra football and bounce Norway. Lol.... That match na draw soup las Las.

I love Haaland but plsssss Norway is no match. I won't hype up Norway because of Haaland.

Is it African teams that struggle to beat Benin Republic and Zimbabwe will beat an organized Norwegian team

Teams like Cote d voire that struggle with rudiments of team football or Tunisia that can't score even without a keeper?

Egypt that was trounced by South Africa?

Ghana?

Abeg

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:30pm On Jan 30, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Different scenario. That Danish team conquered Europe in 1992. So we were playing them at the peak of their powers in 1998 even when they were no more Euro champs. 92-98 was just 6 years and they still had the core key players of that Champions team. What has Norway won? Lol

Core key players ...only peter schemiekel and maybe one or two was in dt 98 squad...so what do. U mean by d core of d team dt won d 92 euros!
Besides d scorers against our team in dt 2nd round was not even in d 92 squad..d likes of ebb sand,d popular laudraup,helveg wasn't in 92 squad! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:35pm On Jan 30, 2020
Na Norway we dey argue now fa.

Thesupernerd, start with Cape Verde and SA, Zambia na. Why list Africa's top 10? Such disrespect grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:37pm On Jan 30, 2020
Danielnino00:

Why did you now mention foreign coach? Senegal with their local coach were in a group with Columbia, Poland and Japan they still couldn't qualify undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:40pm On Jan 30, 2020
Core Norway team

Nyland - Aston Villa
K. Ajer - Celtic
S. Berge - Sheffied United
Joshua King - Bournemouth
M. Odegaard - Real Madrid
M. Daehli - Genk
Ellabdoelli - Olympiacos
H.Nordveit - Hoffeinham
Haarland - Borrussia Dortmund

These guys are not carpenters and they have organization and football upbringing not jam body African football

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:42pm On Jan 30, 2020
jihday:
Why did you now mention foreign coach? Senegal with their local coach were in a group with Columbia, Poland and Japan they still couldn't qualify undecided

And how far did the African countries with foreign coaches fare ??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:46pm On Jan 30, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

What u wrote there just proves that Nigeria and a lot of African teams have a better squad than Norway on paper.. I already admitted that...

But in a real football contest, that Norway team can beat a lot of them including Nigeria .
African teams have always underachieved at the world stage.. that's a fact...

A lot of talented players have emerged out of Africa but the best we can boost of is 3 quarter final appearance..
Didn't Pele once tip Africa to win the world cup before the end of the 20th century because of the massive talents coming out of the region ? How far with that ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:47pm On Jan 30, 2020
Danielnino00:

And how far did the African countries with foreign coaches fare ??

It's not about oyinbo or local, a good coach is a good coach irrespective of skin color or nationality. Besides, all Africa's best performances at the world cup have been orchestrated by foreign coaches
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:52pm On Jan 30, 2020
Does Nigeria even have a better squad than Norway?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:55pm On Jan 30, 2020
Subzero047:
Core Norway team

Nyland - Aston Villa
K. Ajer - Celtic
M. Daehli - Genk
Ellabdoelli - Olympiacos
H.Nordveit - Hoffeinham

These guys are not carpenters and they have organization and football upbringing not jam body African football
Fuk are these ones? We sabi una type 'everything Naija is bad, everything oyinbo is good'

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 12:02am On Jan 31, 2020
Subzero047:
Core Norway team

Nyland - Aston Villa
K. Ajer - Celtic
M. Daehli - Genk
Ellabdoelli - Olympiacos
H.Nordveit - Hoffeinham

Oga Chairman, odegaard is currently playing for Sociedad not Madrid.

And those kids and average players you mention above ain't so wonderful at the moment. Huge potential? Yes buh can go either way.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:16am On Jan 31, 2020
Utonwanne:

Oga Chairman, odegaard is currently playing for Sociedad not Madrid.

And those kids and average players you mention above ain't so wonderful at the moment. Huge potential? Yes buh can go either way.

Odegaard is being owned by Madrid not Sociedad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:17am On Jan 31, 2020
jihday:
Fuk are these ones? We sabi una type 'everything Naija is bad, everything oyinbo is good'

Somebody said African countries would beat them even Ghana
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:21am On Jan 31, 2020
Funny. You seem to forget Nigeria trounced Iceland at the World cup yet lost to Madagascar at the Afcon.

Same Nigeria that lost to Madagascar could not be beaten by a full strength Brazil. What's my point? The game on the continent is way different from the way African teams play when they take on Non-African teams.

Is it because Norway is European? Look... When Holland were having their rising generation of super talents over two years ago, I mentioned it on this thread over a year ago in 2018 when their slump was still fresh and predicted a Euro 2020 slot for them. I also predicted a storming comeback for them in world football. I could do that because not only did they have the talents... They also have the football history and pedigree.

But Norway?? Look... They are Like Gabon in Africa who boast World class Aubameyang, a Mario Lemina and Dennis Bouanga of St Ettienne.
Norway has Haaland, Odegaard and King. Berge is still rising too but nothing special again.... They have no pedigree just like Gabon in Africa.

Norway in Europe is akin to Gabon or Cape verde in Africa. You heard it here.

Subzero047:

Is it African teams that struggle to beat Benin Republic and Zimbabwe will beat an organized Norwegian team

Teams like Cote d voire that struggle with rudiments of team football or Tunisia that can't score even without a keeper?

Egypt that was trounced by South Africa?

Ghana?

Abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:24am On Jan 31, 2020
Subzero047:
Does Nigeria even have a better squad than Norway?

Silly question. As silly as you asserting that Lingard is on par with Iwobi. What sort of nonsense ill-informed question is this?? Like seriously?? Norway that would dream of having a squad like Nigeria's current side. Nonsense and Zero! angry

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:28am On Jan 31, 2020
I said the core key players.... They are normally not many but few. They can be five, four or even two. Peter Schmeichel and Brian Laudrup were in that team. Peter was their main and biggest hero... He was core and they were Champions. They carried that mentality as Former Euro champs into France 98. So yes, Nigeria faced a Euro giant then.

But in the case you make with Norway... I ask again... Plsss elyte, show me what they have won to warrant the comparison to the Denmark side of 98... grin Show me what led backs them just like the Denmark 98 side that had the 92 glory backing them.

elyte89:

Core key players ...only peter schemiekel and maybe one or two was in dt 98 squad...so what do. U mean by d core of d team dt won d 92 euros!
Besides d scorers against our team in dt 2nd round was not even in d 92 squad..d likes of ebb sand,d popular laudraup,helveg wasn't in 92 squad! smiley

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:32am On Jan 31, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Funny. You seem to forget Nigeria trounced Iceland at the World cup yet lost to Madagascar at the Afcon.

Same Nigeria that lost to Madagascar could not be beaten by a full strength Brazil. What's my point? The game on the continent is way different from the way African teams play when they take on Non-African teams.

Is it because Norway is European? Look... When Holland were having their rising generation of super talents over two years ago, I mentioned it on this thread over a year ago in 2018 when their slump was still fresh and predicted a Euro 2020 slot for them. I also predicted a storming comeback for them in world football. I could do that because not only did they have the talents... They also have the football history and pedigree.

But Norway?? Look... They are Like Gabon in Africa who boast World class Aubameyang and Mario Lemina and Bounga of St Ettienne.
Norway has Haaland, Odegaard and King. Berge is still rising too but nothing special again.... They have no pedigree just like Gabon in Africa.

Norway in Europe is akin to Gabon or Cape verde in Africa. You heard it here.

What made you come to that conclusion?

Remember my premise was that Norway would be hot by 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:34am On Jan 31, 2020
There is No-way I'm taking this argument past my bedtime

Goodnight grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:41am On Jan 31, 2020
Very simple. You hype Norway to high heavens simply because they have Haaland at Dortmund.

Aside Haaland... Who else plss? Odegaard at Sociedad (yes loaned from madrid but na Sociedad player)...Berge at Sheffield Utd .... Josh King at Bournemouth.... Sorloth at Trabzonspor....
Etc..

It is similar to what Gabon have....

One Top class player in a Big Club with the rest scattered all over in some modest teams...

In Gabon's case just like Norway we have Aubameyang at Arsenal...

Beyond Auba... Who else? Dennis Bouanga at Saint Etienne... Mario Lemina at Southampton... Etc...

Oga... Norway no get mouth for Europe just as Gabon no get mouth for Africa yet these two boast high profile strikers.... Auba for Gabon and Haaland who is on the rise for Norway.

I wonder if you would also say Guinea Bissau are world class if Ansu Fati and Joao Mario had been playing for them instead of their adopted nations. grin

Subzero047:

What made you come to that conclusion?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:52am On Jan 31, 2020
charlesemeka85:
berge is a dm while yusuf is a cm who can be deployed as an AM as well. moreover he is just 19 and doesn't qualify for clearance to play in the epl yet. barca,ajax,anderlecht and wolves are interested as well. sheffield made a bid of 1.3 million pounds but gotenburg wants 3.5m so the offer was rejected but rumor has it that the epl sides will up their bid before the end of the transfer window tomorrow
Make we dey see.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8221) (8222) (8223) (8224) (8225) (8226) (8227) ... (16181) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Neobulletzz(m), quickberry(m), DrYa, lovewins, elyte89, Stillwater10 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.