Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11749909 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8222) (8223) (8224) (8225) (8226) (8227) (8228) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:54am On Jan 31, 2020
Norway will need more than Haaland+Berge+King+Sorloth+Odegaard to be really really hot.

They have fine potentials yes... But not up to the kind Holland had two years ago before today when their football was still in the dark and trying to rebuild with a new super talented cast.

Belgium, for instance, would not be Belgium today if they only had Hazard and De Bruyne. And none of those Norwegians I just listed above can match the quality of De Bruyne combined. Fact!

Back in the days, Belgium had Enzo Scifo, gifted bad ass but didn't play in a generation boasting more top quality talents.

Plsss, Norway is good but not that good abeg.

Subzero047:

What made you come to that conclusion?

Remember my premise was that Norway would be hot by 2022

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:43am On Jan 31, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Very simple. You hype Norway to high heavens simply because they have Haaland at Dortmund.

Aside Haaland... Who else plss? Odegaard at Sociedad (yes loaned from madrid but na Sociedad player)...Berge at Sheffield Utd .... Josh King at Bournemouth.... Sorloth at Trabzonspor....
Etc..

It is similar to what Gabon have....

One Top class player in a Big Club with the rest scattered all over in some modest teams...

In Gabon's case just like Norway we have Aubameyang at Arsenal...

Beyond Auba... Who else? Dennis Bouanga at Saint Etienne... Mario Lemina at Southampton... Etc...

Oga... Norway no get mouth for Europe just as Gabon no get mouth for Africa yet these two boast high profile strikers.... Auba for Gabon and Haaland who is on the rise for Norway.

I wonder if you would also say Guinea Bissau are world class if Ansu Fati and Joao Mario had been playing for them instead of their adopted nations. grin

Similar to Nigeria with Ndidi? Or Algeria with Mahrez Or Senegal with Mane? Or...

You just described majority of teams, that Gabon had one world class player and several other average players is not the reason they failed and not the reason Norway would fail
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:46am On Jan 31, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Norway will need more than Haaland+Berge+King+Sorloth+Odegaard to be really really hot.

They have fine potentials yes... But not up to the kind Holland had two years ago before today when their football was still in the dark and trying to rebuild with a new super talented cast.

Belgium, for instance, would not be Belgium today if they only had Hazard and De Bruyne. And none of those Norwegians I just listed above can match the quality of De Bruyne combined. Fact!

Back in the days, Belgium had Enzo Scifo, gifted bad ass but didn't play in a generation boasting more top quality talents.

Plsss, Norway is good but not that good abeg.

My premise (again) was that Norway would be hot by 2022 not win the World cup or compete with heavy weights like Belgium

You know where they are footballing wise atm, 2022 would be a significant leap
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:57am On Jan 31, 2020
Lol, Norway ke? Because of Haaland and who?

Upon all the Jongs and Dijks that Netherlands have, what have they won in Europe? If Netherland has not won Europe, wetin Norway wan come do for world football?

Please, lezz be serious on this thread. I know sometimes, we give leeway for jokes, but plis guys, I cannuh come and read this thread by 2 AM, only to start laughing.

Norway again....wetin Nkiru Sylvanus no go see for Nollywood film? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:58am On Jan 31, 2020
The same way they hyped Iceland, they are now doing to Norway.

The same Norway that struggled with Romania and Malta.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:01am On Jan 31, 2020
Subzero047:

My premise (again) was that Norway would be hot by 2022 not win the World cup or compete with heavy weights like Belgium

Or it could be like bread without enough yeast; rise initially and deflate eventually

Now and 2022 anything can happen. Netherlands has more prospects than Norway as far as European teams and World football go. Norway is not experiencing anything Iceland wasn't experiencing some years ago, but what happened after Iceland's qualification?

What of Argentina and their young squad a little over ten years ago, with all the bright and shiny new boys? How far a decade+ later? Make Norway qualify from Europe first, before we talk about their prospects on the world stage.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:13am On Jan 31, 2020
Not Similar to Nigeria with Ndidi. Ndidi is not the only player playing in a good side. And did I say Haaland is world class? He isn't. At least not yet. He is on his way there.

I refer to playing for a relatively top side. Gabon has that in Auba and Norway has that in Haaland. Nigeria got two players in Former EPL champs, Leicester. One is even in Villarreal in Spain. Another just signed for Inter Milan although he's an ex player. We also got players in Belgian Champs, Club Brugges and another at RB Leipzig.
Not like Norway who got a player in Sheffield and another in Trabzonspor and Bournemouth and you are talking they are at par with Nigeria? Lol... Abeg.

Algeria has Mahrez at Man City, Bennacer at AC Milan, Slimani at Monaco. You dey call Norway. Lol

Also, Senegal has Mane in Liverpool, Gueye in PSG, Koulibaly in Napoli. Norway doesnt come close. Abeg.

And I am not saying they will fail... I am saying they are not as crazily good as you are making them out to be. Talented they are, yes...but that's it. Every other thing you talking is overhype.

Subzero047:

Similar to Nigeria with Ndidi? Or Algeria with Mahrez Or Senegal with Mane? Or...

You just described majority of teams, that Gabon had one world class player and several other average players is not the reason they failed and not the reason Norway would fail

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:26am On Jan 31, 2020
Same way Iceland was hot pre-2018 WC and we can all see how hot they are. They crashed out in the first round. Is that how hot Norway is gonna be too? To qualify and leave after Round 1?

Norway has some fine young talents but mehn, I'm not expecting much from them come 2022 (IF they qualify). I repeat, they don't command close to a quarter of the same hype Belgium and Holland recently commanded between 2011-2014 and 2016-2018 respectively before their respective booms and return as Super Power football teams again.

To be honest with you, Turkey even commands more potentials right now than Norway in terms of Top quality young talents coming through. Go and read up and see I am right. Merih Demiral, Yusuf Yazici, Zeki Celik, Caglar Soyuncu, Ozan Kabak, Cengiz Under etc... (All off the top of my head).

Norway got nothing on Turkey sef and you mention Nigeria in a previous post asking if we have a better squad than them... Nigeria who world football pundits are looking at one of the teams that could actually shock the world in 2022. Nna... Take your time. grin

Subzero047:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:13am On Jan 31, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Silly question. As silly as you asserting that Lingard is on par with Iwobi. What sort of nonsense ill-informed question is this?? Like seriously?? Norway that would dream of having a squad like Nigeria's current side. Nonsense and Zero! angry
Oh, he made the comparison? Now I fully understand
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:18am On Jan 31, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Same way Iceland was hot pre-2018 WC and we can all see how hot they are. They crashed out in the first round. Is that how hot Norway is gonna be too? To qualify and leave after Round 1?

Norway has some fine young talents but mehn, I'm not expecting much from them come 2022 (IF they qualify). I repeat, they don't command close to a quarter of the same hype Belgium and Holland recently commanded between 2011-2014 and 2016-2018 respectively before their respective booms and return as Super Power football teams again.

To be honest with you, Turkey even commands more potentials right now than Norway in terms of Top quality young talents coming through. Go and read up and see I am right. Merih Demiral, Yusuf Yazici, Zeki Celik, Caglar Soyuncu, Ozan Kabak, Cengiz Under etc... (All off the top of my head).

Norway got nothing on Turkey sef and you mention Nigeria in a previous post asking if we have a better squad than them... Nigeria who world football pundits are looking at one of the teams that could actually shock the world in 2022. Nna... Take your time. grin

You've forgotten Bosnia who had far better players in 2014 than these clowns that Norway are parading but we still threw them out at the group stage
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:08am On Jan 31, 2020
Subzero047:
Core Norway team

Nyland - Aston Villa
K. Ajer - Celtic
S. Berge - Sheffied United
Joshua King - Bournemouth
M. Odegaard - Real Madrid
M. Daehli - Genk
Ellabdoelli - Olympiacos
H.Nordveit - Hoffeinham
Haarland - Borrussia Dortmund

These guys are not carpenters and they have organization and football upbringing not jam body African football

Bros, Naija go flog this team.
Take that to the bank.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:13am On Jan 31, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Some teams in Africa right now that Norway cannot stand and will not beat if all sides play with full strength:

Nigeria - Not a boast. The Super Eagles will massacre Norway.

Senegal- No mincing of words. Senegal will flog them.

Algeria- will bash Haaland and co.

Morocco - Most definitely will defeat Norway.

Cote d'Ivoire- They can beat Norway. Highest Norway go see here na draw.

Ghana- If they are serious, Norway will fall at the hands of our bredas too.

Tunisia- The Carthage Eagles will and can beat Norway.

Cameroun- Cameroun will use gra gra football and bounce Norway. Lol.... That match na draw soup las Las.

See even Egypt can get a pyrrhic victory against Norway.

I love Haaland but plsssss Norway is no match. I won't hype up Norway because of Haaland.

Norway, na teams like Benin, Madagascar and South Africa go fit follow Dem play draw grin

Na so Dem hype Iceland for this thread tire. Las-las when we beat Dem they say they are farmers, carpenters and fishermen bla-bla-bla.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:54am On Jan 31, 2020
elyte89:

Same way we overlooked and underrated Denmark in France 98'. ....we were already looking @ Brazil in d q-final,not knowing we will be beaten blue black by d unknown Danish guys

Learn from d past #andrew cool

Are we playing against Norway that I said we will beat them 8-0 ?

Or are we in 1998 ?

Nigeria is a bigger and better footballing nation than Norway

Finito
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 8:23am On Jan 31, 2020
Subzero047:

Odegaard is being owned by Madrid not Sociedad

Oga he is currently playing for Sociedad. In Liga Santander, he is registered as Sociedad player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:53am On Jan 31, 2020
Utonwanne:

Oga he is currently playing for Sociedad. In Liga Santander, he is registered as Sociedad player.

He is owned by Real Madrid simple
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:57am On Jan 31, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Not Similar to Nigeria with Ndidi. Ndidi is not the only player playing in a good side. And did I say Haaland is world class? He isn't. At least not yet. He is on his way there.

I refer to playing for a relatively top side. Gabon has that in Auba and Norway has that in Haaland. Nigeria got two players in Former EPL champs, Leicester. One is even in Villarreal in Spain. Another just signed for Inter Milan although he's an ex player. We also got players in Belgian Champs, Club Brugges and another at RB Leipzig.
Not like Norway who got a player in Sheffield and another in Trabzonspor and Bournemouth and you are talking they are at par with Nigeria? Lol... Abeg.

Algeria has Mahrez at Man City, Bennacer at AC Milan, Slimani at Monaco. You dey call Norway. Lol

Also, Senegal has Mane in Liverpool, Gueye in PSG, Koulibaly in Napoli. Norway doesnt come close. Abeg.

And I am not saying they will fail... I am saying they are not as crazily good as you are making them out to be. Talented they are, yes...but that's it. Every other thing you talking is overhype.

Does this lineup resemble Gabon?

Nyland - Aston Villa
K. Ajer - Celtic
M. Daehli - Genk
Ellabdoelli - Olympiacos
H.Nordveit - Hoffeinham

This team has core players as talented youngsters playing in Europe so why are you comparing them to Gabon?

Nigeria has two players in Leicester city, Norway has a Real Madrid owned player, Nigeria has an EX player in Inter, Norway has a player in Borrussia Dortmund, Norway also has players in Bournemouth, Sheffied United (Fifth in the EPL) Genk, Olympiacos, Nigeria has a keeper in...Norway has a good keeper at Aston Villa

They may not be as good as Nigeria but they are not as bad as Gabon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:07am On Jan 31, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Some teams in Africa right now that Norway cannot stand and will not beat if all sides play with full strength:

Nigeria - Not a boast. The Super Eagles will massacre Norway.

Senegal- No mincing of words. Senegal will flog them.

Algeria- will bash Haaland and co.

Morocco - Most definitely will defeat Norway.

Cote d'Ivoire- They can beat Norway. Highest Norway go see here na draw.

Ghana- If they are serious, Norway will fall at the hands of our bredas too.

Tunisia- The Carthage Eagles will and can beat Norway.

Cameroun- Cameroun will use gra gra football and bounce Norway. Lol.... That match na draw soup las Las.

See even Egypt can get a pyrrhic victory against Norway.

I love Haaland but plsssss Norway is no match. I won't hype up Norway because of Haaland.

Thank you

They are hyping Norway because of Haaland and odeegard

As far as I am concerned both have done nothing serious in football
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:08am On Jan 31, 2020
Subzero047:

Is it African teams that struggle to beat Benin Republic and Zimbabwe will beat an organized Norwegian team

Teams like Cote d voire that struggle with rudiments of team football or Tunisia that can't score even without a keeper?

Egypt that was trounced by South Africa?

Ghana?

Abeg

So because Sa win Egypt mean say Egypt no fit win Norway ?

Say na so una dey take judge football ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:09am On Jan 31, 2020
jihday:
Why did you now mention foreign coach? Senegal with their local coach were in a group with Columbia, Poland and Japan they still couldn't qualify undecided

He is trying to take a diss at rohr

Abi no be Daniel ?

He can pretend to you all and not me

I just dey look am dey Laff

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 9:10am On Jan 31, 2020
I thought this thread is for the SE but what am seeing in the last 2 pages are posts about Norway!
How did we get this far from the topic the thread was created for?
Wetin concern us concern Norway angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:11am On Jan 31, 2020
Subzero047:
Core Norway team

Nyland - Aston Villa
K. Ajer - Celtic
M. Daehli - Genk
Ellabdoelli - Olympiacos
H.Nordveit - Hoffeinham

These guys are not carpenters and they have organization and football upbringing not jam body African football

Lol ,all I see there are average players ,maybe 1 or 2 might be above average which I am still observing self

You didn’t even put the club Odegaard is playing on loan at ,you at to put Madrid ,a team that he is yet to make
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 9:12am On Jan 31, 2020
Subzero047:

He is owned by Real Madrid simple

Are we talking about ownership or who he's playing for??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:13am On Jan 31, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Lol ,all I see there are average players ,maybe 1 or 2 might be above average which I am still observing self

You didn’t even put the club Odegaard is playing on loan at ,you at to put Madrid ,a team that he is yet to make

Apart from Ndidi which other world class player does Nigeria have?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:13am On Jan 31, 2020
Utonwanne:

Are we talking about ownership or who he's playing for??

Odegaard is a Real Madrid player on loan at Real Sociedad simple
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:14am On Jan 31, 2020
Subzero047:
Does Nigeria even have a better squad than Norway?

Oga stop asking silly question

Even a blind man knows naija have better squad than Norway

Because of Haaland una don start abi ?

If you dey this thread during the World Cup time you for don tell us how Iceland team take better pass our team because of sigurdson

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 9:14am On Jan 31, 2020
Subzero047:

Does this lineup resemble Gabon?

Nyland - Aston Villa
K. Ajer - Celtic
M. Daehli - Genk
Ellabdoelli - Olympiacos
H.Nordveit - Hoffeinham

This team has core players as talented youngsters playing in Europe so why are you comparing them to Gabon?

Nigeria has two players in Leicester city, Norway has a Real Madrid owned player, Nigeria has an EX player in Inter, Norway has a player in Borrussia Dortmund, Norway also has players in Bournemouth, Sheffied United (Fifth in the EPL) Genk, Olympiacos, Nigeria has a keeper in...Norway has a good keeper at Aston Villa

They may not be as good as Nigeria but they are not as bad as Gabon

Nigeria has a player owned by Liverpool. You forgt to say that

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:15am On Jan 31, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Thank you

They are hyping Norway because of Haaland and odeegard

As far as I am concerned both have done nothing serious in football

Haarland is the best young striker in the world

Odegaard is the best young AM in the world

Dispute that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:15am On Jan 31, 2020
Subzero047:

Apart from Ndidi which other world class player does Nigeria have?

I am glad you noticed Ndidi is world class

But there is no world class player at Norway

Or you wanna call Haaland world class ?

No just try am

He will be world class if he will be consistent for the next 2 seasons
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:17am On Jan 31, 2020
Subzero047:

Haarland is the best young striker in the world

Odegaard is the best young AM in the world

Dispute that

Lol because he is having his best season after all the struggles then he is not the best young AM in the world

Chai

Some people sha

Maybe Dejan Kulusevski plays golf
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:19am On Jan 31, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Lol because he is having his best season after all the struggles then he is not the best young AM in the world

Chai

Some people sha

So you cannot dispute that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:20am On Jan 31, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Chai

Some people sha

Dejan Who? Even Kelechi Nwakali
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:21am On Jan 31, 2020
Subzero047:

Dejan Who? Even Kelechi Nwakali

I am sure you don’t know who he is

Go and check his stats

I don’t think I should be arguing with someone who rates lingard

(1) (2) (3) ... (8222) (8223) (8224) (8225) (8226) (8227) (8228) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: semid4lyfe(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.