Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11590445 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8290) (8291) (8292) (8293) (8294) (8295) (8296) ... (16120) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:02pm On Feb 13, 2020
charlesemeka85:
the source doesn't matter but the authenticity of his posts. its a bitter pill for you to swallow which is born out of mere sentiment and prejudice for you to accept the fact that yobo is not qualified for his appointment. he needs to atleast acquire a coaching diploma before been considered for such responsibility. say the truth and shame the devil which is the major reason 9ja is and will remain a shit hole.

This is the most silly thing ever. Rohr apparently said he is going to ask Yobo and you people are using that as evidence.

With Yobo's appointment our odds of winning the next AFCON just went up. Now sue me for saying that.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 2:23pm On Feb 13, 2020
Triniti:
Nigerians deserves whatever they get in terms of leadership. Imagine some folks here defending the appointment of Yobo, just because man played 100 matches for Nigeria, he should now mount leadership of the nations apex team with no credible qualification. This is how we support mediocrity then cry foul when illiterates gets appointed into other spheres of our national life. Pinnick is just giving out jobs based on paddy paddy levels. No single credibility, what is Yobo bringing to the table when we already have a tactical deficient Rohr In charge? it all amounts to square peg in a round hole

There's no mediocrity.... Paint it whatever you wish.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LaMujer: 2:23pm On Feb 13, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

This is the most silly thing ever. Rohr apparently said he is going to ask Yobo and you people are using that as evidence.

With Yobo's appointment our odds of winning the next AFCON just went up. Now sue me for saying that.

I have heard that he has no coaching diplomas, so I will talk to him about this if what I have heard is correct, I will tell Yobo that he needs to do the training required to grow as a coach”

that's what Rohr said....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:33pm On Feb 13, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

Based on what??

We have no idea what kind of manager, he will develop to be.

This is all sentiments.

He might be great or he might be poor. The jury is still out.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:33pm On Feb 13, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

you re just delusional
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:37pm On Feb 13, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

and if the team wins the next afcon all credit should gonto yobo right? U need help

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 2:37pm On Feb 13, 2020
Hahaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 2:38pm On Feb 13, 2020
Somebody said we are going to win the Afcon because Yobo was appointed

Gaffe of the year loading...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:41pm On Feb 13, 2020
er bros it's ok to think Joseph Yobo will do well with the SE but please don't overhype his appointment.

sorry but which players look up to Yobo? Yes they might respect him as an ex-super eagles players but it's not like he's some living legend that the boys would adore. Mikel like you mentioned already would fit the role.

Yobo improve our defenders Really!? Really!!!? same Yobo that controlled our defence in 2010 world cup that conceded against almighty Greece and South Korea? same Yobo Keshi had to bench most of the time before we won 2013 AFCON?

Oga i respect Yobo for his longevity and sacrifice for the national team but please don't call a dog a cat just to sell him to us

BascoVanVeli:

Of course he has no experience but I have proven that experience talk as BS. Even after sleeping on it I still say Joseph Yobo will be a super hit with the super eagles. This just made Rohr's job 10 times easier. Most of our players look up to Yobo, ffs he has the most caps in history. When he speaks they will listen because he can relate to all of them. If I am Iwobi I am running there to ask him questions about Everton and if I am Ajayi I want to know what to expect in the EPL from a guy who played almost a decade there. This hire doesn't only replace Imama it replaces Mikel because they now have a big brother them.

On the pitch he will improve our defenders immensely. Joseph Yobo doesn't need coaching school to tell you that you are in a wrong position as a defender or give you tricks of the trade. I personally believe he has a coaching certificate, not because I am believing that the NFF wouldn't hire someone without qualification but because I don't think Yobo is the type of person that would accept something like that without following due process. He didn't take short cuts as a player so is it now he will start

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:46pm On Feb 13, 2020
A good defender is not the same as a good defensive coach..

There is more to coaching. It requires deep understanding about intricate areas of the game.

This is why some great footballers have not become good coaches. Maradona, Seedorf ...etc

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:47pm On Feb 13, 2020
tbaba1234:

Based on what??

This is all sentiments.

U are the one being sentimental if u don't even want to hear he will be a success. Pick your side of the fence. U can't diss the man and then say he may be a success. U are just covering yourself in case things go well.

This is how u bad mouthed Victor Osimhen then said "I hope he does well' knowing you already called him a flop.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:49pm On Feb 13, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

U are the one being sentimental if u don't even want to hear he will be a success. Pick your side of the fence. U can't diss the man and then say he may be a success. U are just covering yourself in case things go well.

This is how u bad mouthed Victor Osimhen then said "I hope he does well' knowing you already called him a flop.
we re talking of yobo not osimehn. Yobo may turn out to be a superb tactician but he has to do the needful by going through the right process which is to get the required training and certification. With your reasoning and mentality u will make a bad HR manager if hired as one

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:54pm On Feb 13, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

Sigh!

My point from the start has been clear.

"He does not have the qualifications for the role and that will not change regardless of how he develops as a coach."

My point is independent on how he does the job. It is simply a question of is he qualified?

You are the one already predicting AFCON title.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:54pm On Feb 13, 2020
the closet example of this kind of appointment i can remember was England appointing David Beckham to Capello's technical crew for the 2010 WC even that was more like a motivational/cheerleading role.

finidi was there, ugbade was there, adepoju was there heck even olofijana is there but no it has to be yobo

tbaba1234:

Based on what??

This is all sentiments.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:58pm On Feb 13, 2020
chrisooblog:
er bros it's ok to think Joseph Yobo will do well with the SE but please don't overhype his appointment.

sorry but which players look up to Yobo? Yes they might respect him as an ex-super eagles players but it's not like he's some living legend that the boys would adore. Mikel like you mentioned already would fit the role.

Yobo improve our defenders Really!? Really!!!? same Yobo that controlled our defence in 2010 world cup that conceded against almighty Greece and South Korea? same Yobo Keshi had to bench most of the time before we won 2013 AFCON?

Oga i respect Yobo for his longevity and sacrifice for the national team but please don't call a dog a cat just to sell him to us

Any player that doesn't respect Joseph Michael Yobo lacks home training. Trying to play down a 100+ capped player is very low.

But u have proven my point sha. Yobo wasn't the best player but he accomplished a lot and guess what the best players don't always make the best coaches. We are talking about him being on the outside looking in and u are bringing up mistakes from his playing career this is sentiment.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:00pm On Feb 13, 2020
tbaba1234:

Sigh!

"He does not have the qualifications for the role and that will not change regardless of how he develops as a coach."

My point is independent on how he does the job. It is simply a question of is he qualified?

Your point from the start was he didn't have experience G
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:01pm On Feb 13, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

yes of course, he lacks coaching experience which is a known fact
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:02pm On Feb 13, 2020
tbaba1234:

Sigh!

I said our chances got better u understand English na. How is that a prediction.

A prediction is written like this: we will win the AFCON.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:03pm On Feb 13, 2020
chrisooblog:
the closet example of this kind of appointment i can remember was England appointing David Beckham to Capello's technical crew for the 2010 WC even that was more like a motivational/cheerleading role.

finidi was there, ugbade was there, adepoju was there heck even olofijana is there but no it has to be yobo

It is simple.

I will trust Amuneke or Finidi to offer better tactical input to help the team because they have better education and experience.

Many people have talked about Rohr getting more tactically sound assistants. This is not an example.

Unless they just want Yobi to be a motivator.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:04pm On Feb 13, 2020
chrisooblog:

i doubt if olofinjana will leave hos current job at wolves to take up the national team job if offered to him. Dude is gradualing building a good career for himself in sports managerial and administrative field.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:05pm On Feb 13, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

Experience and qualifications. You can go back to my first post on the topic.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:06pm On Feb 13, 2020
charlesemeka85:
yes of course, he lacks coaching experience which is a known fact

And that was the argument until he shifted the post to qualification
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:07pm On Feb 13, 2020
as a player Joseph Yobo had a decent career props to him but making him an assistant just because of a hunch and not because of anything technical he brings to the table is poor. his appointment is simply creating a wrong with another wrong.

i brought up his defensive mistakes because you were hyping how he would improve our defence

BascoVanVeli:

Any player that doesn't respect Joseph Michael Yobo lacks home training. Trying to play down a 100+ capped player is very low.

But u have proven my point sha. Yobo wasn't the best player but he accomplished a lot and guess what the best players don't always make the best coaches. We are talking about him being on the outside looking in and u are bringing up mistakes from his playing career this is sentiment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:08pm On Feb 13, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

experience and qualification goes together. Been qualified will propel atleast a youth team side to give him a chance in practicalizing what he has learnt in coaching school and also help build his own coaching philosophy,style and understanding of the game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:10pm On Feb 13, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

Oga, go back to my first post.. It was never edited.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:11pm On Feb 13, 2020
chrisooblog:
as a player Joseph Yobo had a decent career props to him but making him an assistant just because of a hunch and not because of anything technical he brings to the table is poor. his appointment is simply creating a wrong with another wrong.

i brought up his defensive mistakes because you were hyping how he would improve our defence

Again what does his defensive mistakes have to do with anything? He is not the one playing na.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:12pm On Feb 13, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

U will thank me I guarantee you this

Story for the gods

I still wonder what confidence Yobo is giving you guys
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:12pm On Feb 13, 2020
This is my first post on the subject.

I mentioned his qualifications twice

tbaba1234:

He has no coaching experience or qualifications. He would have to start getting the qualifications on the job.

It is a sentimental appointment in my opinion.

Cc:Bascovanveli
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:14pm On Feb 13, 2020
tbaba1234:

Oga, go back to my first post.. It was never edited.

I was talking only about experience and u know that. All I said was there is no proof that he doesn't have a certificate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:16pm On Feb 13, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

I was talking only about experience and u know that. All I said was there is no proof that he doesn't have a certificate.

You accused me of not mentioning qualifications when it was among the first things, i highlighted when i first mentioned the issue.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:17pm On Feb 13, 2020
but you said he will improve them na. so this excellent defensive ability would have shown up during his playing days. plus as tbaba rightly said being a good defender doesn't mean you will be an excellent coach.

for example steve bould was appointed to assist wenger to 'imrove' arsenal's defence. well we all know how that turned out

BascoVanVeli:

Again what does his defensive mistakes have to do with anything? He is not the one playing na.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:18pm On Feb 13, 2020
Joebie:
Oliseh is a very good coach. but a very bad manager.

sadly he couldn't prove it, couldn't get out of the group in Chan, we struggled to draw Tanzania away from home. I'm not sure I'll agree he's a good coach

(1) (2) (3) ... (8290) (8291) (8292) (8293) (8294) (8295) (8296) ... (16120) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Stillwater10, Toylove, semid4lyfe(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.