Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8518) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11711109 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8515) (8516) (8517) (8518) (8519) (8520) (8521) ... (16162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 1:15pm On Apr 25, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Not bad

But I am still scared that old Luis Suarez will still bench any of these guys come next season even Martinez also

Make I Dey observe my Barca sha

that is unarguably the truth. Suarez has never had a competition, starting from munir to alcacer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 1:17pm On Apr 25, 2020
Vuvuzelala:
wow, interesting exposè cheesy you missed the part where Omokaro used your wife like a dog before he dumped her for you to marry. I wonder the kid of children you and the miserable women you married have produced. I know you of course cheesy why won't I know you?

I really hope this is a joke, because this is the most disgusting thing I've seen all 2020
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 1:20pm On Apr 25, 2020
Bolowolowo:
Etebo is currently eyeing a move to Bundesliga

how many clubs in the space of 3 years? The Nigerian league hasn't produced any world class club player since kanu and co
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 1:44pm On Apr 25, 2020
Ofcourse i am. grin.
Utonwanne:

You are talking in nonsense
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 25, 2020
Tamunotonye22:

I really hope this is a joke, because this is the most disgusting thing I've seen all 2020

Lol please modify your quote and remove the personal name.

Thanks much.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 3:24pm On Apr 25, 2020
Stephen odey might be first. Hes in belgium now and he might be world class in a few years.
There is also another guy but u wont mention his name fir now
I change my mind the secind is Jordan attah kadiri. He is on his way.
The point is most good home based players are a product of football academies. Some of them just happen to play in the nigerian league

Tamunotonye22:

how many clubs in the space of 3 years? The Nigerian league hasn't produced any world class club player since kanu and co
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:48pm On Apr 25, 2020
You are not making an intelligent argument
benji93:
Eye test. You don't have to believe it. I watched Obi during the 2005 under 20 championship and that was what i saw then.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:37pm On Apr 25, 2020
Philosopher1979:
Stephen odey might be first. Hes in belgium now and he might be world class in a few years.
There is also another guy but u wont mention his name fir now
I change my mind the secind is Jordan attah kadiri. He is on his way.
The point is most good home based players are a product of football academies. Some of them just happen to play in the nigerian league

Odey doesnt look like someone who will be world class
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 4:42pm On Apr 25, 2020
So? For all your intelligence, you seem to be inadequate in your ability to make sense of opinions by considering their premises. I clearly stated in a follow-up post that this is an argument from experience with the development of people from humble backgrounds, as such it's not a logical development of facts. And who says i need to develop an opinion based on logic? Anyone is allowed to bring forth an argument provided they provide its premise/premises. An important part of a fruitful argument is that all parties involved must be on the same page, or at least understand the premise of each other's arguments. Besides, i was only joking with the addition of the fact that Mikel Obi is closer to his actual age than Ndidi is, although i believe that is likely. Some of you roll over the place claiming to be the connoisseurs of intelligent submissions, meanwhile, but usual don't even know what that entails. While claiming something is logical you pull in emotional thoughts(generally). Again i am allowed to vent an opinion i believe is very likely partially/completely based on my experience. Now as an intelligent thinker, you ought to ask what my reasons for that opinion are, after which a more fruitful argument can take off. If we really want to base this on logic, then there would likely be no argument at all. I would need to provide MRI test results, then provide a calibrated standard for interpreting such a result. I do not have access to such means, and i am allowed to argue from a different perspective. So you may think about this and come back with something better.
Joebie:
You are not making an intelligent argument

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 6:08pm On Apr 25, 2020
Herein Lies a multitude of Drunks who think their little opinions matter in the Grand scheme of things
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:54pm On Apr 25, 2020
Afobear:
Herein Lies a multitude of Drunks who think their little opinions matter in the Grand scheme of things

You are always frustrated

At times I see you as a comedian at times I see you as something else

Oya as your own opinion matters ,Twale baba

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:57pm On Apr 25, 2020
I don’t have time for your long epistle.
Mind you I said you were not making an intelligent argument. I didnt say you were not intelligent. You wouldn’t need to say much if you were.

benji93:
So? For all your intelligence, you seem to be inadequate in your ability to make sense of opinions by considering their premises. I clearly stated in a follow-up post that this is an argument from experience with the development of people from humble backgrounds, as such it's not a logical development of facts. And who says i need to develop an opinion based on logic? Anyone is allowed to bring forth an argument provided they provide its premise/premises. An important part of a fruitful argument is that all parties involved must be on the same page, or at least understand the premise of each other's arguments. Besides, i was only joking with the addition of the fact that Mikel Obi is closer to his actual age than Ndidi is, although i believe that is likely. Some of you roll over the place claiming to be the connoisseurs of intelligent submissions, meanwhile, but usual don't even know what that entails. While claiming something is logical you pull in emotional thoughts(generally). Again i am allowed to vent an opinion i believe is very likely partially/completely based on my experience. Now as an intelligent thinker, you ought to ask what my reasons for that opinion are, after which a more fruitful argument can take off. If we really want to base this on logic, then there would likely be no argument at all. I would need to provide MRI test results, then provide a calibrated standard for interpreting such a result. I do not have access to such means, and i am allowed to argue from a different perspective. So you may think about this and come back with something better.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 7:00pm On Apr 25, 2020
Afobear:
afor ama rula

Wetin Carry you come here angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:06pm On Apr 25, 2020
grin
Afobear:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hoodedjaystrim(m): 7:07pm On Apr 25, 2020
People what can you say about the Algeria - Nigeria match where they won 2-1 in the Afcon

Some people believe we were outplayed and the win convincing enough on Facebook and Twitter
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:10pm On Apr 25, 2020
seankafor:
afor ama rula

Wetin Carry you come here angry

Afor is passing through hell presently, oboy as men dey cash out this covid period, my guy was so unlucky, his mgbada unfortunately contacted the virus and couldn't fight it, hence shattering my man, after all his subs and cardings

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:11pm On Apr 25, 2020
hoodedjaystrim:
People what can you say about the Algeria - Nigeria match where they won 2-1 in the Afcon

Some people believe we were outplayed and the win convincing enough on Facebook and Twitter

Yes we were outplayed and held on to the match by the strings

Guerdiola taught me the importance of having a technically gifted ball player in your team

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:11pm On Apr 25, 2020
hoodedjaystrim:

We were completely outplayed, if we had gone through, it would have been the case of "the best team lost"
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 7:11pm On Apr 25, 2020
ChrisKels:

Afor is passing through hell presently, oboy as men dey cash out this covid period, my guy was so unlucky, his mgbada unfortunately contacted the virus and couldn't fight it, hence shattering my man, after all his subs and cardings
heheheheheheh grin

Aforbear, is that true grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:12pm On Apr 25, 2020
Mali also impressed me at the Afcon, they played beautiful football but like Arsenal were eliminated without achieving anything

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hoodedjaystrim(m): 7:13pm On Apr 25, 2020
Subzero047:

Yes we were outplayed and held on to the match by the strings

Guerdiola taught me the importance of having a technically gifted midfielder in your team
I personally think we were evenly matched, we had won all stats
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hoodedjaystrim(m): 7:15pm On Apr 25, 2020
ChrisKels:

Link please
African football community (English only) with around 21k members on Facebook, it was personal chat with friends on Twitter
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hoodedjaystrim(m): 7:18pm On Apr 25, 2020
The had no shot on target asides the freekick and apart from our mistakes in midfield they weren't really better than us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:20pm On Apr 25, 2020
hoodedjaystrim:

African football community (English only) with around 21k members on Facebook, it was personal chat with friends on Twitter

Sorry I have already edited the post, I don't like following soccer discussions on facebook, some opinions there could make you begin ask yourself why u had to get to the page in the first place. Most people there comment, not because they've got something to say but because they feel the need to say something.

Twitter is bae sha

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 7:20pm On Apr 25, 2020
hoodedjaystrim:
The had no shot on target asides the freekick and apart from our mistakes in midfield they weren't really better than us
We clear stats, even had the possession

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 7:20pm On Apr 25, 2020
hoodedjaystrim:

You know , some people's understanding of football is having a huge ball possession. But what you do with the ball is what really matter.

The game on the day was just a ping pong affair.
Anybody could have won the game. What was on their side was the brilliance of Mahrez

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hoodedjaystrim(m): 7:23pm On Apr 25, 2020
timay:

You know , some people's understanding of football is having a huge ball possession. But what you do with the ball is what really matter.

The game on the day was just a ping pong affair.
Anybody could have won the game. What was on their side was the brilliance of Mahrez
Exactly, Anybody could have won that game they never outplayed us
They tracked back a lot after the first goal and their defense was superb
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hoodedjaystrim(m): 7:25pm On Apr 25, 2020
ChrisKels:

Sorry I have already edited the post, I don't like following soccer discussions on facebook, some opinions there could make you begin ask yourself why u had to get to the page in the first place. Most people there comment, not because they've got something to say but because they feel the need to say something.

Twitter is bae sha
Twitter over any social media platform but there are few smart people on Facebook though it is filled with children

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:43pm On Apr 25, 2020
benji93:
I can only guess the minimum. He's at least 28. Although i won't be surprised if he's above 30(his ceiling should be around 32). grin. Do you not remember he was excluded from the under 17 world cup. There was speculation(highly possible) that he wasn't included cos of he was just above the MRI eligibility limit. Anyway, i suppose it's not fair to dwell on this subject. The Nigerian talent grooming culture is not in good condition. It is what it is.

I do not think Ndidi failed MRI due to being overage but excess training. If you read about his early days with Ugbade, you will notice how tedious the training Ndidi faced and how some players gave up because they could not deal with it.

You can see in the excerpt below, Ndidi looked even smaller than his peers while growing.

“Ugbade is one of the biggest names in African football,” Africa-based sports journalist Oluwashina Okeleji tells BBC Sport.

“His opinion is respected and if he speaks to you, you listen. There is no limit with him. No excuses. He is a hard trainer but will not stretch you beyond your ability.”

Still, the tough training was too much for some but, as a skinny teenager who was also smaller than his peers, Ndidi felt such a work ethic would benefit him.

‘Take the ball and pass’ – keeping it simple pays dividends
The discipline he developed from being coached by Ugbade meant he treated every game equally – competitive or friendly – and his big chance to impress the wider world came in a tournament in Nigeria, where international scouts were watching.

https://bestchoicesports.com.ng/how-nduka-ugbade-disvovered-wilfred-ndidi-europes-top-tackler-at-leicester/

Same thing I feel happened with Maduka Obinwa who despite being within the age limit failed the MRI scan.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:55pm On Apr 25, 2020
Afor my man, how lockdown dey treat you nah,

pls stay safe ooo

Afobear:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 7:56pm On Apr 25, 2020
You don't have to remind me of what you wrote. I clearly got that. Sadly you still don't get it. How about you move on to issues you actually can understand.
Joebie:
I don’t have time for your long epistle.
Mind you I said you were not making an intelligent argument. I didnt say you were not intelligent. You wouldn’t need to say much if you were.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:56pm On Apr 25, 2020
hoodedjaystrim:

Exactly, Anybody could have won that game they never outplayed us
They tracked back a lot after the first goal and their defense was superb

We were not outplayed at all...we could av won dt match if it extended to extra time,cos it was obvious d Algerians were so tired...however, NDIDI COST US D MATCH , Not Akpeyi cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8515) (8516) (8517) (8518) (8519) (8520) (8521) ... (16162) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: JorgedeToledo, Taazenga(m), do4luv14(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.