Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,181 members, 7,849,655 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:14 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8675) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11860429 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8672) (8673) (8674) (8675) (8676) (8677) (8678) ... (16248) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 10:49pm On Jun 04, 2020
sheyishemba:
am really skeptical bout osihmen going to Tottenham..the dude should just go to Napoli ...Tottenham are not assuring him game time coz they have Kane and moreover if the should use two striker it will definitely affect eriksen who is their top midfielder but in Napoli he is definitely guarantee of a starting shirt coz milik will soon be sold and merten might also be leaving so he will have his chances
also Liverpool might not give him chances due to the creativity that firmino provides for Liverpool and let not forget origi is still in Liverpool ....Going to Liverpool is damn risk like F**k .
Napoli is the best for him let him just go
I agree with all you've said
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 10:51pm On Jun 04, 2020
daveP:

O boi. See KDB's tummy. Now im afraider for Sterling and Aguero. They'll be twice of this. HK try small.
grin
HK who looks like some Yoruba man whose daughter just finished NYSC and is getting married.... Look at his new size and body frame like an old man... ☺ ☺ Coro no try at alll

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 10:53pm On Jun 04, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Hahahahahahahahahaha... Joebie dey fantasize Mourinho-Drogba Part 3. grin
I Don laugh tire... Lmao! ☺
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 10:53pm On Jun 04, 2020
Danielnino00:

This picture doesn't tell the true story..

Werner really wanted Liverpool... But apparently the coronavirus pandemic has affected our finance and we aren't willing to pay his €50m release clause..
Again,it's unlikely that Klopp would destabilize the front 3 of Salah,Firmino and Mane to accommodate him..he would have been a back up to them..
Chelsea appear to be willing to do the opposite of that..

Manyoo also tried their luck Sha. grin

I thought Nike was sponsoring your top signings?

Wether that news is even true sef I'm glad they didn't see Werner

It doesn't even seem as though Mane is moving anytime soon for the supposed Mbappe signing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 10:59pm On Jun 04, 2020
Danielnino00:

Werner really wanted Liverpool... But apparently the coronavirus pandemic has affected our finance and we aren't willing to pay his €50m release clause..
Again,it's unlikely that Klopp would destabilize the front 3 of Salah,Firmino and Mane to accommodate him..he would have been a back up to them..

The impact coronavirus have on clubside is so much that some clubs have to resort on getting loans from banks (Tottenham, Man u etc)
Chelsea is really lucky, because their transfer ban was actually a blessing in disguise, so da do hv some cash to splash on players sale.
With the sale of forgotten hitman Morata da can finance Time werner deal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:59pm On Jun 04, 2020
Exactly. Werner wanted Liverpool. Liverpool sought to pay lesser than his 55million or 60million Euros release clause. They hoped to wait it out and make them agree but in comes Chelsea who pounces on the opportunity and are willing to pay the release clause.

I think this picture does justice to the scenario that played out. grin Ball was in Liverpool's court.. Ball was under their control but they let it slip and now Chelsea pounced and went on to score. Signing Werner is scoring.

And yeah, maybe he would have been a backup but Klopp did rate him highly and had plans for him in the team. Obviously Klopp was gonna rotate with Werner in but well Chelsea just hijacked everything.

It's okay Dan. wink

As for Man Utd, well perhaps this Werner to Chelsea leaves them with a free pass at Sancho as I don't see Chelsea making a move for him again with Werner in. Chelsea would likely turn their attention to Ben Chillwell now.

This transfer window is getting interesting even in the presence of Mr. Corona. Lol

Danielnino00:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:21pm On Jun 04, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Well, they are 15th on the table now. 8 points off the playoff spots. I don't if they can but resumption will tell.

Oh, sorry.

Forgotten they've fallen off the play-off positions.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:42pm On Jun 04, 2020
Edopesin:

I thought Nike was sponsoring your top signings?

Wether that news is even true sef I'm glad they didn't see Werner

It doesn't even seem as though Mane is moving anytime soon for the supposed Mbappe signing

I'd be surprised if Nike themselves haven't been affected..

None of Salah,Mane and Firmino are moving anytime soon,that's for sure....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:45pm On Jun 04, 2020
Eizzy003:

The impact coronavirus have on clubside is so much that some clubs have to resort on getting loans from banks (Tottenham, Man u etc)
Chelsea is really lucky, because their transfer ban was actually a blessing in disguise, so da do hv some cash to splash on players sale.
With the sale of forgotten hitman Morata da can finance Time werner deal.

This upcoming transfer window may may be a boring one .
Even Real Madrid have said they won't be signing new players unless they sell.

Barca have asked their players to take another pay cut amidst the huge debt hanging on their head... And they still want to bid 90m for Martinez.. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Exactly. Werner wanted Liverpool. Liverpool sought to pay lesser than his 55million or 60million Euros release clause. They hoped to wait it out and make them agree but in comes Chelsea who pounces on the opportunity and are willing to pay the release clause.

I think this picture does justice to the scenario that played out. grin Ball was in Liverpool's court.. Ball was under their control but they let it slip and now Chelsea pounced and went on to score. Signing Werner is scoring.

And yeah, maybe he would have been a backup but Klopp did rate him highly and had plans for him in the team. Obviously Klopp was gonna rotate with Werner in but well Chelsea just hijacked everything.

It's okay Dan. wink

As for Man Utd, well perhaps this Werner to Chelsea leaves them with a free pass at Sancho as I don't see Chelsea making a move for him again with Werner in. Chelsea would likely turn their attention to Ben Chillwell now.

This transfer window is getting interesting even in the presence of Mr. Corona. Lol

Yea,Klopp really liked Werner,but he won't drop any of Mane,Salah and Firmino for him anytime soon .even if we sign Messi,he won't bench any of the front 3, I can assure u grin ..

As for Manyo,Werner rejected them cus he didn't wanna be playing Thursday night football cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:21am On Jun 05, 2020
“I am still in contact with Gernot Rohr and Amaju Pinnick, and they congratulated me on my loan deal,” Ighalo told Brila FM.

“I am still thinking about returning to the national team, but right now I want to concentrate on my club career.

“I left the national team because of the distance between Nigeria and China, but now that I am in Manchester and just like life and in my career, you never can tell."

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:33am On Jun 05, 2020
Samueltemi337:
Which eriksen are you talking about

sorry I meant Alli
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:35am On Jun 05, 2020
Joebie:
Talking SE depth. Let the argument begin.

remove sadiw and add kayode,mukairu,moffi,zirkzee and olayinka in arsenal (the dude might be moving to arsenal first team next season )
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:19am On Jun 05, 2020
Joebie:
Talking SE depth. Let the argument begin.
Why no Alampasu and Ezenwa for GK?

This Sadiq guy eh. When?!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:21am On Jun 05, 2020
sheyishemba:

remove sadiw and add kayode,mukairu,moffi,zirkzee and olayinka in arsenal (the dude might be moving to arsenal first team next season )
Ahhh. embarassed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:21am On Jun 05, 2020
Melvinity:

HK who looks like some Yoruba man whose daughter just finished NYSC and is getting married.... Look at his new size and body frame like an old man... ☺ ☺ Coro no try at alll
grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 1:32am On Jun 05, 2020
Awaziem's crosses into the opponent's box can cause havoc sha.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:44am On Jun 05, 2020
That's why I talk rotation. The Liverpool front 3 is still the best in Europe..... But on the bolded... Ehnnnn??!!! You say wetin?? Let me call on Andrewbaba44 to take this matter from here. Prepare to be "konked." grin grin

At the "Manyoo" jibe.... All I gotta offer is LOL. Charlesemeka85 dey one corner dey look you. grin

Danielnino00:

Yea,Klopp really liked Werner,but he won't drop any of Mane,Salah and Firmino for him anytime soon .even if we sign Messi,he won't bench any of the front 3, I can assure u grin ..

As for Manyo,Werner rejected them cus he didn't wanna be playing Thursday night football cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 1:48am On Jun 05, 2020
Clint02:

I don't know about his crosses but I prefer him in the RB position for super eagles until Ehizibue changes my mind

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:53am On Jun 05, 2020
I understand what you refer to. It's not a "from the corner flag wing cross" kind but those crosses he makes when half way into the attacking half of the opponent like the one he delivered against Cameroun at the Afcon for Musa to find Ighalo for 2-2.
And then again like the one he delivered for Osimhen who controlled and found Chukwueze beautifully for 2-1 vs Lesotho. Awaziem does have those crosses in him but I prefer him at CB.

He could still fill in at RB when necessary though. Depends on tactical approach to a particular opponent.

Clint02:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:06am On Jun 05, 2020
Why Alampasu?
daveP:
Why no Alampasu and Ezenwa for GK?

This Sadiq guy eh. When?!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:08am On Jun 05, 2020
I only agree with Kayode because he was invited in the past. So he could actually be in the Forwards pecking order
sheyishemba:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lorazepam(f): 2:29am On Jun 05, 2020
somehow:
Is he a top import?
What about tax?
I dont know anything about that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:43am On Jun 05, 2020
jihday:
Eriksen? Have you watched any football this year? undecided

No be only Eriksen na Soldado grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:53am On Jun 05, 2020
Ziyech
Bruno
Werner
Sancho

EPL is going to be lit next season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:59am On Jun 05, 2020
Somebody just completed a Nigerian FIFA team on Ps4 wow

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:24am On Jun 05, 2020
Felix Uduokhai joins Augsburg on a permanent deal. 9 million euros paid to Wolfsburg to make the loan deal a permanent one.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:44am On Jun 05, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
That's why I talk rotation. The Liverpool front 3 is still the best in Europe..... But on the bolded... Ehnnnn??!!! You say wetin?? Let me call on Andrewbaba44 to take this matter from here. Prepare to be "konked." grin grin

At the "Manyoo" jibe.... All I gotta offer is LOL. Charlesemeka85 dey one corner dey look you. grin

Lol

My guy don shine teeth ,I love the joke

There is nothing to argue with Danny jare

Leave am
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:36am On Jun 05, 2020
Lol... No mind Danny man. He said that in a very quiet place if not ehn... Guys wey for rush am. grin grin grin Funny guy.

andrewbaba44:

Lol

My guy don shine teeth ,I love the joke

There is nothing to argue with Danny jare

Leave am

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:38am On Jun 05, 2020
All of Victor Osimhen's 18 goals in the 2019/2020 season. If only the Ligue 1 had continued like the other top 5 leagues....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ8P_uLO77w

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:23am On Jun 05, 2020
Icon4s:

True that.
Ojigwe was the DM

It was in the 1993 Flying Eagles team that I think Kanu was drafted as a DM even though he was later dropped because of his size grin
Kanu made Flying Eagles team to Mauritius 93 but failed to see a game.He was not dropped.

After the team failed to qualify for World Cup, Kanu and Emma Babayaro were drafted to U17 team based on Westerhoff recommendation cos they are still eligible for Golden Eaglets,then Eaglets were struggling in their games during qualifications.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:34am On Jun 05, 2020
After una go say Na only guardiola dey waste money

Just negodu man united for this list

I won’t speak of psg as I am pointing out the Epl clubs

Las las chelsea Na disgrace ,kepa wey be say na 30 million Madrid wan pay for am but as dem see Chelsea price from no where enter 80 million

Oblak ,Allison and ter Stegen are the only keeper worth such money for now

(1) (2) (3) ... (8672) (8673) (8674) (8675) (8676) (8677) (8678) ... (16248) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dankorode(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.