Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,131 members, 7,849,543 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:56 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8676) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11857595 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8673) (8674) (8675) (8676) (8677) (8678) (8679) ... (16248) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:46am On Jun 05, 2020
I disagree with Manuel neuer and kompany

Yes neuer is better than Valdez but Valdez should be there as we are talking of pep all time XI ,and puyol should be there ahead of kompany

My opinion

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 8:02am On Jun 05, 2020
I finally caught up with more than 40 pages!
it was not an easy something!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:04am On Jun 05, 2020
Kog45:
Kanu made Flying Eagles team to Mauritius 93 but failed to see a game.He was not dropped.

After the team failed to qualify for World Cup, Kanu and Emma Babayaro were drafted to U17 team based on Westerhoff recommendation cos they are still eligible for Golden Eaglets,then Eaglets were struggling in their games during qualifications.

Ok I see.
That must be after the U17 team lost 2:0 to Guinea-Bissau away even though they had earlier won 3:0 in Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 8:11am On Jun 05, 2020
Nigeria Private club owners led by Ifeanyi Ubah and Kunle Soname want to form a separate league, aside the Nigeria Professional Football League due to the an unfair treatment from the league board, however the winner of the league will get a N100million, twice the winner of the Nigeria Professional Football League.

I don't know how true this is

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:18am On Jun 05, 2020
Icon4s:

Ok I see.
That must be after the U17 team lost 2:0 to Guinea-Bissau away even though they had earlier won 3:0 in Nigeria.
Yes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 8:25am On Jun 05, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
I understand what you refer to. It's not a "from the corner flag wing cross" kind but those crosses he makes when half way into the attacking half of the opponent like the one he delivered against Cameroun at the Afcon for Musa to find Ighalo for 2-2.
And then again like the one he delivered for Osimhen who controlled and found Chukwueze beautifully for 2-1 vs Lesotho. Awaziem does have those crosses in him but I prefer him at CB.

He could still fill in at RB when necessary though. Depends on tactical approach to a particular opponent.

Exactly!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:27am On Jun 05, 2020
Edopesin:
Nigeria Private club owners led by Ifeanyi Ubah and Kunle Soname want to form a separate league, aside the Nigeria Professional Football League due to the an unfair treatment from the league board, however the winner of the league will get a N100million, twice the winner of the Nigeria Professional Football League.

I don't know how true this is

Going private is the best thing for the Nigerian league, every thing government touches scatters

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 8:38am On Jun 05, 2020
Subzero047:

Going private is the best thing for the Nigerian league, every thing government touches scatters

But they won't be recognized to participate in Caf competitions, unless they will still keep teams in Npfl and come up with new teams but with different names
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:52am On Jun 05, 2020
Edopesin:

But they won't be recognized to participate in Caf competitions, unless they will still keep teams in Npfl and come up with new teams but with different names

When they perform better than the government backed teams they would have no option than to beg to represent them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 9:01am On Jun 05, 2020
Subzero047:

When they perform better than the government backed teams they would have no option than to beg to represent them

If they're leaving LMC completely teams won't give up their CAF positions even if the private teams are doing better, it will even be unfair
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:20am On Jun 05, 2020
Edopesin:

If they're leaving LMC completely teams won't give up their CAF positions even if the private teams are doing better, it will even be unfair

Hmm anyway I think they'll make up for it by player sales to foreign clubs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:08am On Jun 05, 2020
jihday:
*Karibe
Pascal Karibe Ojigwe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:22am On Jun 05, 2020
He should also remove both Kayode and Sodiq from there,

more are coming up

daveP:
Ahhh. embarassed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:24am On Jun 05, 2020
You can never tel, Chelsea might still come for Sancho,..baba Olowo money dey yakataaa

TheSuperNerd:
Exactly. Werner wanted Liverpool. Liverpool sought to pay lesser than his 55million or 60million Euros release clause. They hoped to wait it out and make them agree but in comes Chelsea who pounces on the opportunity and are willing to pay the release clause.

I think this picture does justice to the scenario that played out. grin Ball was in Liverpool's court.. Ball was under their control but they let it slip and now Chelsea pounced and went on to score. Signing Werner is scoring.

And yeah, maybe he would have been a backup but Klopp did rate him highly and had plans for him in the team. Obviously Klopp was gonna rotate with Werner in but well Chelsea just hijacked everything.

It's okay Dan. wink

As for Man Utd, well perhaps this Werner to Chelsea leaves them with a free pass at Sancho as I don't see Chelsea making a move for him again with Werner in. Chelsea would likely turn their attention to Ben Chillwell now.

This transfer window is getting interesting even in the presence of Mr. Corona. Lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:54am On Jun 05, 2020
andrewbaba44:
After una go say Na only guardiola dey waste money

Just negodu man united for this list

I won’t speak of psg as I am pointing out the Epl clubs

Las las chelsea Na disgrace ,kepa wey be say na 30 million Madrid wan pay for am but as dem see Chelsea price from no where enter 80 million

Oblak ,Allison and ter Stegen are the only keeper worth such money for now

Where is my small boy from Atletico?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:15am On Jun 05, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

Where is my small boy from Atletico?

Lol he should be placed at anywhere at the front 3, but he isnt expensive as any of mbappe neymar or coutinho, even dembele griezman and cr7 will be at that list before him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 12:08pm On Jun 05, 2020
According to BBC sports, Chelsea has agreed a deal to sign Timo Werner. Liverpool pulled out because they couldn't pay the fee demanded by RB Leipzig.

This is not a good news for Tammy Abraham
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:52pm On Jun 05, 2020
Joebie:
“I am still in contact with Gernot Rohr and Amaju Pinnick, and they congratulated me on my loan deal,” Ighalo told Brila FM.

“I am still thinking about returning to the national team, but right now I want to concentrate on my club career

“I left the national team because of the distance between Nigeria and China, but now that I am in Manchester and just like life and in my career, you never can tell."

Absolutely fabulous news.

His retirement was way too premature.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 12:55pm On Jun 05, 2020
Koboko99:
According to BBC sports, Chelsea has agreed a deal to sign Timo Werner. Liverpool pulled out because they couldn't pay the fee demanded by RB Leipzig.

Tammy will get a big team if he wants to leave he has done very well

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:03pm On Jun 05, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
That's why I talk rotation. The Liverpool front 3 is still the best in Europe..... But on the bolded... Ehnnnn??!!! You say wetin?? Let me call on Andrewbaba44 to take this matter from here. Prepare to be "konked." grin grin

At the "Manyoo" jibe.... All I gotta offer is LOL. Charlesemeka85 dey one corner dey look you. grin

If you understand how Klopp does his thing,I'm sure u will get what I'm driving at..

I wish Werner all the best at Chelsea...he won't be the first player we will loss to them anyway.. Pulisic and Willian Dy there ..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:05pm On Jun 05, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Lol... No mind Danny man. He said that in a very quiet place if not ehn... Guys wey for rush am. grin grin grin Funny guy.

I can say it anywhere..
Werner is more prolific than Firmino and will fit very well into our system,but Klopp isn't willing to drop Firmino for him....that should tell u something....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:09pm On Jun 05, 2020
Edopesin:

They still won't be allowed to take part in CAF competition no matter what they do unless they are endorsed by FIFA...and to do that,they need NFF approval..
I'm afraid to say,the whole thing may go to waste if they can't get their clubs to participate in CAF competition cus that's where the money is..

IMO,the best option is for the private club owners to put pressure on the ministry of sports to let the private sector to be more involved in the running of the affairs of the league..if possible,all the state owned clubs should be sold off.. they are being poorly managed!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:14pm On Jun 05, 2020
Danielnino00:

If you understand how Klopp does his thing,I'm sure u will get what I'm driving at..

I wish Werner all the best at Chelsea...he won't be the first player we will loss to them anyway.. Pulisic and Willian Dy there ..

Where you guys ever serious in getting Willian ?

It was spurs against Chelsea for Willian oooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:30pm On Jun 05, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Where you guys ever serious in getting Willian ?

It was spurs against Chelsea for Willian oooo

He agreed personal terms with Liverpool,did medicals at Spurs and eventually signed for Chelsea...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:49pm On Jun 05, 2020
Chaiii, what kind of a dribble is this,

he agrees personal terms with Liverpool,

did his Medicals @ Spurs,

and then Sign for Chelsea,

kaiii oga ooo

Danielnino00:

He agreed personal terms with Liverpool,did medicals at Spurs and eventually signed for Chelsea...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:51pm On Jun 05, 2020
Danielnino00:

Lol

Willian confuse gan ,Na mourinho hijack the deal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:52pm On Jun 05, 2020
Simon bags another awards at Nantes
By Christopher Emenyonu - June 5, 2020

Days after winning the yellow and green player of the season, Super Eagles winger, Moses Daddy Simon has bagged another award of goal of the season at Nantes.

Simon scored 9 goals and assisted 8 times for Nantes in Ligue 1 in the just concluded season.

Expressing his pleasure at winning yet another award, Simon said “Baba GOD had done it again, (I) am speechless haven won the player of the season now the goal of the season all glory To GOD. It can only spur me to do more in my career . Am so blessed this season by GOD the arrival of my new born baby and as well the most valuable player of the season in a club am spending my first season and first time playing In the French league . Am Honoured and grateful to GOD.”

The goal that bagged the award was the one he scored against Nice in the Ligue 1 and was the only goal in the match.

Apart winning the goal of the season, the goal is also placed number 25 in the top goals of the decade in Nantes colours.

Despite only being on loan from Levante, Simon seems to have impressed in France.
--sports247

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:00pm On Jun 05, 2020
See yeye talk

Six foreign coaches battle for Super Falcons’ job

An NFF official told The Guardian yesterday that two female and four male foreign coaches are currently jostling for the Super Falcons job. The official refused to name the nationalities of the job-seeking foreign coaches.

Another official of the NFF who spoke with The Guardian yesterday hinted that the federation had decided to engage a foreigner for the Super Falcons job, thereby ending speculations that the NFF was considering the duo of Florence Omagbemi and Mercy Akide for the job.

“We are going for a foreign coach for the Super Falcons’ job,” the official said. “We want to avoid a situation whereby a local coach will be holding us to ransom after getting the job. They always have that attitude of showing off their bad characters after getting the job. We don’t have time for that any longer.”

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:00pm On Jun 05, 2020
Danielnino00:

I can say it anywhere..
Werner is more prolific than Firmino and will fit very well into our system,but Klopp isn't willing to drop Firmino for him....that should tell u something....

More prolific in the Bundesliga and playing in a particular type of system. Those attributes do not automatically transfer to Liverpool in a different system and league.

I remember Keita left RB Leipzig after 3/4 very consistent outstanding seasons in the Bundesliga and came to Liverpool with a transfer close to €60 million also with great expectations.

What was the result he is simply not up to scratch after two seasons. And they are looking to offload him.

It should be warning to players that after the big money comes the expectations of performances.

The requirements of each league and team is different as well as the style of play and system. Can the player adapt and thrive the big question.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:06pm On Jun 05, 2020
Taiwo Awoniyi talking about Liverpool. It gives u confidence in his future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1i8iT6tCXQ

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:09pm On Jun 05, 2020
Koboko99:

Why

He will join the que of Batshuayi, Giroud, Pulisic and others.

The Bundesliga is not the EPL being prolific in the Bundesliga does not automatically transfer.

He will have to adapt and prove himself and if not just like Batshuayi with his €50 million transfer of 4 years ago, he can join the bench warmers.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:28pm On Jun 05, 2020
An agent explaining why Africans shouldn't start their careers at big club.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmo_MiynmqQ

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8673) (8674) (8675) (8676) (8677) (8678) (8679) ... (16248) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: twentyk(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.