Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,014 members, 7,828,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8678) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11746191 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8675) (8676) (8677) (8678) (8679) (8680) (8681) ... (16180) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 7:32pm On Jun 05, 2020
I have been wondering maybe chidera ejuke ia a false 9 like firmino or dybala or messu. Players like this can play anywhere in attack amd create and score at the same time. He might be underrated
Players like this blur the line between attacking midfield and stricker. This is just my opinion

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 7:59pm On Jun 05, 2020
Danielnino00:

Gabriel Jesus is starting at Man City..
Is he a prolific goal scorer?

Gabriel Jesus unlike firminho scores goals and also assists and he's also productive from the wings he will definitely bench firmino if he makes the mistake of signing with Man City

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:11pm On Jun 05, 2020
Joebie:
white man no dey show bad character? that man who said it is a big frog. grin. He himself must have a very bad character

Their own is worse. But they cover it with their acumen. But the exception rule applies. Some are outright stupid. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:22pm On Jun 05, 2020
Philosopher1979:
I have been wondering maybe chidera ejuke ia a false 9 like firmino or dybala or messu. Players like this can play anywhere in attack amd create and score at the same time. He might be underrated
Players like this blur the line between attacking midfield and stricker. This is just my opinion

He's actually messu cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 8:37pm On Jun 05, 2020
Philosopher1979:
He holds the ball for too long, though a good player and dribbler.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:48pm On Jun 05, 2020
Edopesin:

Obviously he his good but he won't start in any of the top 6 teams cheesy

Make una dey calm down with the hype grin

You mean firmino ?

He is yet to bench Gabriel Jesus at the Brazil team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:49pm On Jun 05, 2020
Danielnino00:

Gabriel Jesus is starting at Man City..
Is he a prolific goal scorer?

But he is preferred ahead of firmino at Brazil

Agüero is mancity first choice striker and you know it ,don’t make it look like it’s Gabriel Jesus because pep is creating game time for him ,Aguero can’t play all games

We Dey watch ball baba
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:53pm On Jun 05, 2020
Edopesin:

Gabriel Jesus unlike firminho scores goals and also assists and he's also productive from the wings he will definitely bench firmino if he makes the mistake of signing with Man City

Brazil national team is there for us to see

Check their stats and appearance

One has been playing for Brazil for 6 years and one have been playing for Brazil for 4 years

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 9:20pm On Jun 05, 2020
andrewbaba44:

One has been playing for Brazil for 6 years and one have been playing for Brazil for 4 years

Ah! cheesy
this is an awesome enlightening info that I didn't know

Jesus has more goals for the national team sef grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lorazepam(f): 9:35pm On Jun 05, 2020
Danielnino00:

U are totally wrong about Keita.. His problem isn't performance but injury. he has battles series of injury since he joined but has by no means been a flop..
He has picked up form this season..

I dunno where u get the story that we are looking to offload him,but it's 100% false..the only players we are looking to offload are Lallana,Lovren,Shaqiri and Clyne...

I'm very sure Werner would fit into the team because of his style of play...can't say the same for Chelsea though ...
Abeg Keita is actually a flop in my opinion. angry

Someone that cant play more than 5 games without picking up some sort of injury, and the few times he is even fit he just has one or two flashes of brilliance.

I will be happy if we can cut our losses and offload him, else he will just become another lallana, eating plenty salary of over 100k weekly for doing nothing , to think keita and lallana are collecting over 100k weekly and spend a good part of the season inside hospital, chei.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 9:44pm On Jun 05, 2020
BascoVanVeli:
Taiwo Awoniyi talking about Liverpool. It gives u confidence in his future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1i8iT6tCXQ

I don't know when I finished watching this. Great video mehn. I really hope this guy hit it soon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:26pm On Jun 05, 2020
Arsenal fans about to explode tonight...

Obagoal trending too

His Inter Clips upandan.

He was bigger than the Serie A. He was too good for there. But he exploded there and etched his memory fast. Especially at the Derby.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:39pm On Jun 05, 2020
Edopesin:

What makes him "unlike" Firmino?
How many goals and assists does be provide every season ?
Aguero scores more than him,yet Pep prefers him to Aguero most times,why??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:40pm On Jun 05, 2020
andrewbaba44:

National team coaches have their preference..
The same way Rohr preferred Ighalo to Osimhen isn't different from Brazil coaches preferring Jesus to Firmino..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:00pm On Jun 05, 2020
Danielnino00:

The same way Rohr preferred Ighalo to Osimhen isn't different from Brazil coaches preferring Jesus to Firmino..

Dts a bad analogy...osimhen was never in d picture with ighalo as a competitor... Ighalo was in anoda level cool

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 11:12pm On Jun 05, 2020
elyte89:

Dts a bad analogy...osimhen was never in d picture with ighalo as a competitor... Ighalo was in anoda level cool
how about Giroud and Benzema?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:14pm On Jun 05, 2020
kingphilip:

Very good question...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:34pm On Jun 05, 2020
Utonwanne:

Werner will not sit on bench for Abraham. He's been tested and proven to be trusted!

So Tega Abrahams is a youth player that is untried and unproven in the EPL.

It seems you have some dislike and prejudice towards Tega Abraham.

Because in reality Tim Werner is totally untried and untested in the EPL. Bundesliga is not on the same quality or competitiveness of the EPL.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:45pm On Jun 05, 2020
Edopesin:

There are two different philosophies and systems that Liverpooland Man City teams play.

The system that Firmino plays is almost like an attacking midfielder but a very hard working one that creates, attacks, defends and supports Mane and Salah who don't exactly play as traditional wingers.

The Wing back role is very crucial to Liverpool game plan not surprisingly see the number of assists Trent and Robertson create.

Liverpool will not fit an out and out striker and you will have to be very technically astute as well.

It did not work for Balotelli and Benteke and they were quality strikers. So strikers coming to Liverpool better have this in mind. Or see your career go south.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:52pm On Jun 05, 2020
andrewbaba44:

But he has also scored 5 in 11 games in the epl playing for crystal palace so that should tell you that he is a good player and thats just a little different from his BVB stats, he only did badly at valencia

You dont expect batshuayi to bench diego costa nah, you think if costa is at chelsea tammy will get any game time ?

Not just Tega but who in this world will bench Costa, Dude is a beast l actually think the intensity and physicality of the EPL suits him more than La Liga.

Don't know how well he is doing in that all defensive strategy of Athletico. But l don't if he is killing it like he did in the EPL.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 12:55am On Jun 06, 2020
kingphilip:
Benzema was banned by France football governing body

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:46am On Jun 06, 2020
Philosopher1979:

I don't think Chidera Ejuke is a false 9 or AM but an inside forward, Wingers or Inside forwards like to take on and eliminate their man while AM's work in tight spaces and can only touch the ball once or twice before creating a chance (like Iwobi)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:47am On Jun 06, 2020
Unpopular Opinion :

I think Ramon Azeez is SE only natural AM aside Iwobi

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:56am On Jun 06, 2020
Danielnino00:

Yea I remember during the world cup or Copa America people were pressurizing him to play Firmino
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:32am On Jun 06, 2020
komekn:

So Tega Abrahams is a youth player that is untried and unproven in the EPL.

It seems you have some dislike and prejudice towards Tega Abraham.

Because in reality Tim Werner is totally untried and untested in the EPL. Bundesliga is not on the same quality or competitiveness of the EPL.

Doesn't matter, Bundesliga teams are comparatively better when it matters.

To further buttress my point, a brief list of some ex-Bundesliga players that are doing quite well in the EPL:

Pierre Emerick Aubameyang
Kevin De Bruyne
Caglar Soyuncu
Bernd Leno
Heung-Min Son

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:45am On Jun 06, 2020
Leicester are intent on buying Lallana

Rodgers is bad on the transfer market
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:40am On Jun 06, 2020
Danielnino00:

Very good question...
Not good, Benz was banned from playing because of that blackmail issue so he and Giroud aren't competing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:02am On Jun 06, 2020
Danielnino00:

Ighalo is a better player than osimhen when he was playing for the national team .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:05am On Jun 06, 2020
komekn:

Not just Tega but who in this world will bench Costa, Dude is a beast l actually think the intensity and physicality of the EPL suits him more than La Liga.

Don't know how well he is doing in that all defensive strategy of Athletico. But l don't if he is killing it like he did in the EPL.

But you always see laliga and others league as an easy league ,but we all saw that Costa found things easy in the Epl than laliga
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:07am On Jun 06, 2020
Danielnino00:

Very good question...

Good question bawo

Una wan pretend like sha e get when giroud ever dey Ahead of benzema

You don forget the blackmail issue so soon ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:15am On Jun 06, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uud50ikdTfA

First time I watched Obafemi Martins. The trick with his back to the ball was insane, coupled with the fact it was Paolo Maldini (one of the best defenders in the History of the game) he beat with that move to score.

Much respect.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 7:30am On Jun 06, 2020
komekn:

There are two different philosophies and systems that Liverpooland Man City teams play.

The system that Firmino plays is almost like an attacking midfielder but a very hard working one that creates, attacks, defends and supports Mane and Salah who don't exactly play as traditional wingers.

The Wing back role is very crucial to Liverpool game plan not surprisingly see the number of assists Trent and Robertson create.

Liverpool will fit an out and out striker and you will have to be very technically astute as well.

It did not work for Balotelli and Benteke and they were quality strikers. So strikers coming to Liverpool better have this in mind. Or see your career go south.

But then again his primary job as a striker is to score and assist while Henderson and Wijnadum should be doing the tackling in center midfield

Even though Klopp might probably start firmino, Timo Werner would have played his position like a champ and shown firmino how to convert Arnold and Robertson's crosses

Teams will rather have a proper goal contributing striker than one that tries to gather defensive stats

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8675) (8676) (8677) (8678) (8679) (8680) (8681) ... (16180) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Cecco90 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.