Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,321 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8681) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11614643 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8678) (8679) (8680) (8681) (8682) (8683) (8684) ... (16128) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:26pm On Jun 06, 2020
komekn:

Do you mean a TV fan or fan that comes to games, involved with the club as an official fan club member, occasional associated engagement with coaches and other staff, etc

Because "WE" is very ambiguous.

Maybe you should help me process a visa to the UK...

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:33pm On Jun 06, 2020
Edopesin:

2017/18
Jesus- 13 matches started
Aguero- 22 matches started
2018/19
Jesus- 8 matches started
Aguero- 31 matches started
2019/20
Jesus- 13
Aguero- 17

Here you go, Jesus was never starting ahead of Aguero

Guardiola might like the qualities of Jesus but Aguero will always be preferred going forward because he scores and Klopp won't drop Werner if he scores every now and then hardworking or not
cc: Danielnino00

Sergio Aguero to Real Madrid: Manchester City striker eyes big-money return to Spanish capital after Gabriel Jesus nicked his spot

The Manchester City striker faces an uncertain future at the Etihad after the arrival of Gabriel Jesus from Palmeiras.

But it will take over £60million before City even consider selling Aguero to a Champions League rival.

Aguero was snubbed for Jesus when he arrived in January, before a fractured metatarsal kept him out of acton for two months and allowed Aguero to regain his starting spot.

Yet he has no intention of spending any more time on the Etihad bench — and wants the Real move to happen this summer.

Although Aguero has held talks with City chief Pep Guardiola about his future, the Catalan coach refused to assure him of a first-choice role.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/2960942/sergio-aguero-real-madrid-manchester-city-transfer-news/amp/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rubiesinc(m): 2:34pm On Jun 06, 2020
Sell your gift cards at amazing rates and receive your money in 3minutes or less. We also trade crypto currency (Bitcoin and Ethereum).
We believe everyone deserves the chance to gain, profit, and benefit, which drives us to help those most in need.

At Rubies Inc we buy all gift cards at amazing rates. We open 24hours a day.
Call or Whatsapp 08059318934
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 2:37pm On Jun 06, 2020
komekn:

Unfortunately Klopp doesn't agree with you Lol.

Otherwise Liverpool would have got him ages ago, as you know Klopp is German and would know all about Werner.

Maybe or maybe he had high hopes and expectations for the other center forwards then, the likes of Solanke, Ings, Sturridge

I read they're renegotiating the Werner deal though
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:40pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Sergio Aguero to Real Madrid: Manchester City striker eyes big-money return to Spanish capital after Gabriel Jesus nicked his spot

The Manchester City striker faces an uncertain future at the Etihad after the arrival of Gabriel Jesus from Palmeiras.

But it will take over £60million before City even consider selling Aguero to a Champions League rival.

Aguero was snubbed for Jesus when he arrived in January, before a fractured metatarsal kept him out of acton for two months and allowed Aguero to regain his starting spot.

Yet he has no intention of spending any more time on the Etihad bench — and wants the Real move to happen this summer.

Although Aguero has held talks with City chief Pep Guardiola about his future, the Catalan coach refused to assure him of a first-choice role.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/2960942/sergio-aguero-real-madrid-manchester-city-transfer-news/amp/

Post stats of players and see who is starting games, but here you are posting news stating aguero wanna leave city because he is being benched by jesus

If to say i get strenght go dey bring out stats like forgiveness, this argument go don end since

Smh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:41pm On Jun 06, 2020
Edopesin:

2017/18
Jesus- 13 matches started
Aguero- 22 matches started
2018/19
Jesus- 8 matches started
Aguero- 31 matches started
2019/20
Jesus- 13
Aguero- 17

Here you go, Jesus was never starting ahead of Aguero

Guardiola might like the qualities of Jesus but Aguero will always be preferred going forward because he scores and Klopp won't drop Werner if he scores every now and then hardworking or not

Was Gabriel Jesus not starting ahead of Aguero when he joined ?
That's the point I made in my first paragraph..

It was on this same thread that some people mocked Guardiola for dumping Iheanacho ahead of Jesus..

Anyway,I think TheGoodJoe has validated my point .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 2:43pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Jesus is growing impatient but admits it's difficult to take Aguero's place

Gabriel Jesus is growing impatient over his limited opportunities at Manchester City but admits it will be difficult to take Sergio Aguero's place in the team.

The 22-year-old Brazil striker arrived at the Etihad in January 2017 as Aguero's long-term replacement and has been forced to bide his time by City's all-time record goal scorer.

Jesus found it hard being left out last season, but he returned with a more positive attitude in the summer and has scored three goals from as many starts for Pep Guardiola's team this term.

He said:I'm over the "I have to wait (for a chance)" phase. I've been here for almost three years, it's my fourth season, and that makes me want to play more.

'Obviously it's very hard to compete for a place with Aguero, the biggest legend of this club, although it's good for the team - he plays well when in the team and I do the same.

'I do understand Pep's decisions and respect Sergio, his history here and what he's doing now.[b]

'People say that I'm a sub in a negative way but they forget [b]I'm not in the bench due to bad performances. It's because Aguero has been superb.
I've learnt not how to wait but how to understand this situation.' Jesus told Brazil TV station Esporte Interativo: 'Personally, last season was very hard. I didn't get the chance to play in many games and many important games

https://m.allfootballapp.com/news/EPL/Jesus-is-growing-impatient-but-admits-its-difficult-to-take-Agueros-place/1834721

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:44pm On Jun 06, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Post stats of players and see who is starting games, but here you are posting news stating aguero wanna leave city because he is being benched by jesus

If to say i get strenght go dey bring out stats like forgiveness, this argument go don end since

Smh

Which start do you want to bring? I was watching every game, not stats. Aguero lost his place and had a dinner with Guardiola and his agent. He discussed deeply with Guardiola about losing his place with the team.

After that, Aguero chose to change his style of play to suit what Guardiola wanted and he fought his way back into the team.

This is a fact. Not just spilling stats for stats sake.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:46pm On Jun 06, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Smh

Was Jesus not starting ahead of Aguero when he joined ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:47pm On Jun 06, 2020
Edopesin:

Gabriel Jesus is growing impatient over his limited opportunities at Manchester City but admits it will be difficult to take Sergio Aguero's place in the team.

The 22-year-old Brazil striker arrived at the Etihad in January 2017 as Aguero's long-term replacement and has been forced to bide his time by City's all-time record goal scorer.

Jesus found it hard being left out last season, but he returned with a more positive attitude in the summer and has scored three goals from as many starts for Pep Guardiola's team this term.

He said:I'm over the "I have to wait (for a chance)" phase. I've been here for almost three years, it's my fourth season, and that makes me want to play more.

'Obviously it's very hard to compete for a place with Aguero, the biggest legend of this club, although it's good for the team - he plays well when in the team and I do the same.

'I do understand Pep's decisions and respect Sergio, his history here and what he's doing now.[b]

'People say that I'm a sub in a negative way but they forget [b]I'm not in the bench due to bad performances. It's because Aguero has been superb.
I've learnt not how to wait but how to understand this situation.' Jesus told Brazil TV station Esporte Interativo: 'Personally, last season was very hard. I didn't get the chance to play in many games and many important games

https://m.allfootballapp.com/news/EPL/Jesus-is-growing-impatient-but-admits-its-difficult-to-take-Agueros-place/1834721

This is years after the time we were talking about. Aguero lost his place due to his playing style not suiting Guardiola. He learnt and adapted to it. I already pointed out that tactically, Aguero is now playing the striking role of Aguero's system better than Gabby Jesus. What Gabby still has ahead is intensity.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:48pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Which start do you want to bring? I was watching every game, not stats. Aguero lost his place and had a dinner with Guardiola and his agent. He discussed deeply with Guardiola about losing his place with the team.

After that, Aguero chose to change his style of play to suit what Guardiola wanted and he fought his way back into the team.

This is a fact. Not just spilling stats for stats sake.

Aguero lost his place for how many games ?

Please show me a season where jesus has started more games ahead of THE GREAT AGUERO

If you cant show me that then you dont know what you are saying .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:49pm On Jun 06, 2020
Danielnino00:

Was Jesus not starting ahead of Aguero when he joined ?

Was that the point ?

Because player start few games mean say e don dey bench aguero

Please dont change the arguement

Has jesus ever started more games than aguero since he joined ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:50pm On Jun 06, 2020
Edopesin:

“Pep asked me to try a new way of playing and I had to adapt. It wasn’t easy but I had no choice,” Aguero said in the new book Pep’s City: The Making of a Superteam, which is serialised in The Sun.

“My game is totally different now from what I was doing five years ago at City. A total transformation. At that meal, we talked about loads of things.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/sergio-aguero-pep-guardiola-man-city-dinner-a9151746.html%3famp

Guardiola made his point clear to Guardiola. You will bench if you do not adapt to my methods. He benched Aguero until Aguero had dinner with him and made up his mind to transform his game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:51pm On Jun 06, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Aguero lost his place for how many games ?

Please show me a season where jesus has started more games ahead of THE GREAT AGUERO

If you cant show me that then you dont know what you are saying .

Who is talking about a season? It was a dynamic of the season. Aguero was clearly out of favour and dropped. Only an injury to Gabriel Jesus made Guardiola bring Aguero back to the squad but Aguero came back with stern warning to adapt to the system. Aguero did and the rest was history.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Boxers02: 2:52pm On Jun 06, 2020

Udemy courses available, Get each course in your Google Drive for just 1k (discounts for multiple courses available )
Check my signature for details on how to reach me

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:54pm On Jun 06, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Was that the point ?

Because player start few games mean say e don dey bench aguero

Please dont change the arguement

Has jesus ever started more games than aguero since he joined ?

Gabriel Jesus benched Aguero and took over the role. It was very clear. Aguero had no choice but to adapt.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 2:55pm On Jun 06, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Leave dat 1 make e Dey deceive him self

Na here we Dey

I tire oo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 2:56pm On Jun 06, 2020
Danielnino00:

Was Gabriel Jesus not starting ahead of Aguero when he joined ?
That's the point I made in my first paragraph..

It was on this same thread that some people mocked Guardiola for dumping Iheanacho ahead of Jesus..

Anyway,I think TheGoodJoe has validated my point .

Asides the matches against Leicester, West Ham and swansea, he did not bench Aguero when he joined in 2017, he started only two of those matches consecutively

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:59pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Gabriel Jesus benched Aguero and took over the role. It was very clear. Aguero had no choice but to adapt.

Then who start games pass that same season ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hardytech: 2:59pm On Jun 06, 2020
Osimhen's 'Manager' Claims Chelsea, Liverpool, 3 EPL Clubs Have Made Contact With Lille Star
Victor Osimhen's manager, Osita Okolo has claimed that at least five English Premier League clubs have made contact with the Lille striker over a move in the upcoming transfer window.
For the sake of clarity, in these parts, a players' manager is an individual that handles the publicity of a footballer and organizes his day-to-day activities, and does not necessarily have to be the agent of the player.
Okolo revealed that Manchester United, Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, Liverpool and Chelsea are the clubs exploring ways to sign the Lille number 7, but stressed that no agreement has been reached with any club.
This week, it was claimed that Osimhen had agreed to join Napoli on a five-year deal but this has been dismissed by his close confidante.
"Napoli has not agreed a deal with Osimhen, " Okolo told allnigeriasoccer.com.
"All the mentioned clubs (Manchester United, Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, Liverpool and Chelsea) have made contact with him, but we will decide after his dad's burial".
Osimhen, who is presently in Nigeria, is represented by French intermediary Jean-Gérard Czajka Benoit.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=36354

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 2:59pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

“Pep asked me to try a new way of playing and I had to adapt. It wasn’t easy but I had no choice,” Aguero said in the new book Pep’s City: The Making of a Superteam, which is serialised in The Sun.

“My game is totally different now from what I was doing five years ago at City. A total transformation. At that meal, we talked about loads of things.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/sergio-aguero-pep-guardiola-man-city-dinner-a9151746.html%3famp

Guardiola made his point clear to Guardiola. You will bench if you do not adapt to my methods. He benched Aguero until Aguero had dinner with him and made up his mind to transform his game.

Can you give me consecutive matches where Jesus started ahead of Aguero despite Aguero being in the match day squad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:02pm On Jun 06, 2020
Edopesin:

Asides the matches against Leicester, West Ham and swansea, he did not bench Aguero when he joined in 2017, he started only two of those matches consecutively

“Pep asked me to try a new way of playing and I had to adapt. It wasn’t easy but I had no choice,” Aguero said in the new book Pep’s City:

Or you want to argue with Aguero too. What do you think Aguero meant?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:03pm On Jun 06, 2020
Edopesin:

Can you give me consecutive matches where Jesus started ahead of Aguero despite Aguero being in the match day squad

“Pep asked me to try a new way of playing and I had to adapt. It wasn’t easy but I had no choice,” Aguero said in the new book Pep’s City:

Argue with Aguero.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:03pm On Jun 06, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Then who start games pass that same season ?

Is that the point?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:03pm On Jun 06, 2020
Edopesin:

He will beat around the bush

Na this kind arguement forgiveness Dey like

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hardytech: 3:04pm On Jun 06, 2020
Osimhen's 'Manager' Claims Chelsea, Liverpool, 3 EPL Clubs Have
Made Contact With Lille Star

Victor Osimhen's manager, Osita Okolo has claimed that at least five
English Premier League clubs have made contact with the Lille
striker over a move in the upcoming transfer window.

For the sake of clarity, in these parts, a players' manager is an
individual that handles the publicity of a footballer and organizes
his day-to-day activities, and does not necessarily have to be the
agent of the player.

Okolo revealed that Manchester United, Arsenal, Tottenham
Hotspur, Liverpool and Chelsea are the clubs exploring ways to
sign the Lille number 7, but stressed that no agreement has been
reached with any club.

This week, it was claimed that Osimhen had agreed to join Napoli
on a five-year deal but this has been dismissed by his close
confidante.

"Napoli has not agreed a deal with Osimhen, " Okolo told
allnigeriasoccer.com.

"All the mentioned clubs (Manchester United, Arsenal, Tottenham
Hotspur, Liverpool and Chelsea) have made contact with him, but
we will decide after his dad's burial".

Osimhen, who is presently in Nigeria, is represented by French
intermediary Jean-Gérard Czajka Benoit.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:06pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Argue with Aguero.

grin
I no argue with Aguero
I just need the consecutive matches where Jesus started ahead of him grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 3:06pm On Jun 06, 2020
waffiboi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx7ujfA4YkY

Gernot Rohr should look at this prospect. Much better attacking midfielder than Iwobi. On the same level as ejaria. Will become a better AM than Ebere Eze in future.

Are you sane?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:07pm On Jun 06, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Oga forgiveness no get the thread time again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:09pm On Jun 06, 2020
hardytech:
Osimhen's 'Manager' Claims Chelsea, Liverpool, 3 EPL Clubs Have
Made Contact With Lille Star

[IMG]https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/football_pics/34686OsimhenLes1.png[/IMG]

Victor Osimhen's manager, Osita Okolo has claimed that at least five
English Premier League clubs have made contact with the Lille
striker over a move in the upcoming transfer window.

For the sake of clarity, in these parts, a players' manager is an
individual that handles the publicity of a footballer and organizes
his day-to-day activities, and does not necessarily have to be the
agent of the player.

Okolo revealed that Manchester United, Arsenal, Tottenham
Hotspur, Liverpool and Chelsea are the clubs exploring ways to
sign the Lille number 7, but stressed that no agreement has been
reached with any club.

This week, it was claimed that Osimhen had agreed to join Napoli
on a five-year deal but this has been dismissed by his close
confidante.

"Napoli has not agreed a deal with Osimhen, " Okolo told
allnigeriasoccer.com.

"All the mentioned clubs (Manchester United, Arsenal, Tottenham
Hotspur, Liverpool and Chelsea) have made contact with him, but
we will decide after his dad's burial".

Osimhen, who is presently in Nigeria, is represented by French
intermediary Jean-Gérard Czajka Benoit.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

But las las it will be funny if he doesn't move from Lille after all these rumours
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
Edopesin:

Sometimes this happens. When you’re on the bench you have to wait for your opportunity. I have three months to do my best and try to help the team and we’ll see what happens with my future. He [Jesus] is a great player. He’s a very young player but he will learn a lot at City and he will have a great future at the club.”

Agüero said he could learn from the 19-year-old. “Yes, at the moment I have to watch what he does, to learn, it could be a little bit. I am how I am. I have spent a lot of years in Europe playing the same way.”

Of a meeting Agüero had with Guardiola and the player’s agent recently, the striker said: “It was things to do with the club, nothing strange. Private things that have to stay inside those walls.”

Guardiola said Agüero had taken being left out in the correct manner. “It is perfect, don’t worry about that,” he said. “Of course he wants to play. It must not be easy. I understand that. But Sergio remains one of the most important players in our squad and [with] what we have to do, he will be so, so important. He is going to play a lot of games, with Gabriel and without Gabriel, but today I decide to continue with these three guys [Jesus, Leroy Sané and Raheem Sterling].”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/05/sergio-aguero-manchester-city-pep-guardiola
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:13pm On Jun 06, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Agüero said he could learn from the 19-year-old. “Yes, at the moment I have to watch what he does, to learn, it could be a little bit.

Argue with Aguero.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8678) (8679) (8680) (8681) (8682) (8683) (8684) ... (16128) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: caprikon, Meliforme, mkrest(m), Silentgroper(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.